It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 488
<< 485  486  487    489  490  491 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Here is what it comes down to Colin.
You believe in evolution, a religious type of belief that stems from dozens of theories that have been unproven, and hypothesis. In a nut shell, your evoltuion results in millions of different species here on earth. You claim we are all related yet we are finding it hard to see the connecting species everywhere we look. If evolution were real as you believe it, there would be a plethora of very simular species, but instead we have a plethora of very different species. While we all still share some minute things, you try to emphasis on the 1% that does match.

Back to my point, its obvious that the end result of evolution is to create new species, sort of like a creator, without the creator. So it would appear that the goal of evoltuion is to go forward by expressing change, IE. new species.
I would tend to place more belief in the idea that a creator of sorts was behind this magic but we can both agree on a few things. One is that we both agree that creation was the ultimate goal, two is that life must be important based on that goal. I'm not going to go into what type of importance, that doesn't matter right now.

I however believe in Target food, and you don't. You believe that species are suppose to survive by any means that they can and on a frequent occasion even if that means that mass species are going extinct from starvation then oh well thats the breaks and thats evoltuion. In other words all of the importance that was originally placed on life from the creation point of view is now null and void as its ok for species to starve and die, its natural. It's not natural its a conradiction to your original understanding of evoltuion. How can you believe that evolution has this goal to go forward and multiply and make new species, just to find out they have nothing to eat? To the extent that your planet is actually dying. We are currently in our 6th largest mass extinction.

You know first hand what happens to a shrimp when you put him in a sealed case that doesn't have all of the other species around in order for him to live a healthy life, he lives a short life, he goes extinct if that happens in his real enviroment. When transpermia occured on this planet, that introduction of various species, especially the apex preditors caused an immediate colapse of many other species. We are living this today.

So when you claim that you don't believe in target food, and all that it stands for, your really putting your foot in your mouth because your also claiming along with that, that its ok for species to die from not having anything to eat, and this is normal. In essence your saying that we started from slime, and evolved from millions of other species, just to find out that we have nothing to eat. You know it really doesn't matter what your belief is, religion, aliens, evolution, Hare Krishna, whatever, you do have to admitt that something just doesn't sound right about an evolution theory that creates life just to have it die from no food.

This is why the overall picture is much larger then you ever imagined. It's apparent that species can't just mutate and evolve into something new, as it will have no food to eat. You can't say it will just eat the same food either as what I eat is nothing like the anteater. There is no explanation in evolution that confirms how an evolved species gets to eat, and guess what, when a species has nothing to eat it will venture from its original menu and short of that it will die. So evolution has failed. A species can't just eat what ever is available as that is stepping on someone elses menu causing that species to also go extinct. This is why we are in our 6th largets extinction, its not working, and its not working because outside species were brought into the picture. Evolution is failing right now, we are losing more species on a scary mass level by comparison to finding new ones. The other problem is that everytime they find a new one its not new, its just new to our finding them.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
puts down another treat.. seems statistically proven that trolls wag their tails when their target food is so helplessly yummy and exposed in the middle of the fora.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

The education system is clearly failing

Welcome to fantasy land everyone! A magical place where everyone gets to make up whatever he/she wants, no objective evidence required. In fact, in this magical fantasy land you get o ignore facts if they disagree with your irrational belief. Wanna use the bible as "proof", go ahead. Koran, no problem! Base your belief on what the jungle dwellers in that remote village in Brazil believe (planes are giant birds), no problem, go ahead.

Tooth, I hope you realize why people don't take you seriously anymore

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Not surprising.
Another fail post.

And you probably think that its all in the realm of evolution. He's not evolving, he's starving so he has to venture elsewhere for food. He is becoming another statistic that will be part of the 6th largest extinction pool.

The WCS has worked in Patagonia for more than five decades. Thier efforts have establish a series of protected areas to safeguard local wildlife, including penguins, albatross, and elephant seals. The imperial cormorant population is on the rise.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
“You can't say it will just eat the same food either as what I eat is nothing like the anteater.”
Itsthetooth
I would not like it but I could survive on dog food.

“One is that we both agree that creation was the ultimate goal, two is that life must be important based on that goal.”
Itsthetooth
Evolution does not have a goal. That implies that there is a conscious entity directing it. Evolution is a natural process. Would you claim that the goal of water in clouds is to fall to earth? Or that it is important to the H2O molecules to fulfill their destiny? That’s absurd.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Welcome to fantasy land everyone! A magical place where everyone gets to make up whatever he/she wants, no objective evidence required. In fact, in this magical fantasy land you get o ignore facts if they disagree with your irrational belief. Wanna use the bible as "proof", go ahead. Koran, no problem! Base your belief on what the jungle dwellers in that remote village in Brazil believe (planes are giant birds), no problem, go ahead.

Only problem is I don't just make up things out of fantasy. Target food has real meaning behind it. Unlike evolution, oh changes, it must be evolution.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

“You can't say it will just eat the same food either as what I eat is nothing like the anteater.”
Itsthetooth
I would not like it but I could survive on dog food.

“One is that we both agree that creation was the ultimate goal, two is that life must be important based on that goal.”
Itsthetooth
Evolution does not have a goal. That implies that there is a conscious entity directing it. Evolution is a natural process. Would you claim that the goal of water in clouds is to fall to earth? Or that it is important to the H2O molecules to fulfill their destiny? That’s absurd.
I never said anything about there being a conscious entity, you just made that assumption.

Which I have to admitt is a pretty smart one. So you see how can it be that evolution has this goal to make new species, without there being intelligence behind it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

Only problem is I don't just make up things out of fantasy. Target food has real meaning behind it. Unlike evolution, oh changes, it must be evolution.

No, target food doesn't have real meaning behind it...BECAUSE YOU MADE IT UP

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

Good gawd, now he's going to spam this thread with more of his target food nonsense.
Hey tooth! do us a favor, spare the bandwidth by simply linking your failed target food thread instead of endless paragraphs that nobody's going to read anyway.

Thanks in advance...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

All the words you just used were made up, do they not have meaning either?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Here is what it comes down to Colin.
You believe in evolution, a religious type of belief that stems from dozens of theories that have been unproven, and hypothesis.
No this is what it comes to.

I am sick and tired of you telling me what I am saying instead of reading what I have written.

I am sick and tired of a person that bases his whole world view on belief with nothing at all to back it up. Who cannot even see he has made up a religion based on idiocy telling me that science is a religious belief. You must have been the worst science major in the history of science

Who after 470 pages can still come out with Evolution creates new species. You are a cracked pot matey..

I have spent too long talking to a person that acts like a ten year old that has a three year olds brain so as for the rest of your old tosh.

I took a leaf out of your book and never bothered to read it. If you have not already realised mate.

YOU HAVE BEEN DISMISSED.

edit on 3-8-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

No this is what it comes to.

I am sick and tired of you telling me what I am saying instead of reading what I have written.
Its not my fault your not speaking english.

I am sick and tired of a person that bases his whole world view on belief with nothing at all to back it up. Who cannot even see he has made up a religion based on idiocy telling me that science is a religious belief. You must have been the worst science major in the history of science
It's not made up, there is clear documentation that presents it and backs it up.

Who after 470 pages can still come out with Evolution creates new species. You are a cracked pot matey..
So what are you saying now, Evolution was NOT responsible for the 5 million speces here on earth. Well I'm glad your agreeing with me now.

I have spent too long talking to a person that acts like a ten year old that has a three year olds brain so as for the rest of your old tosh.

I took a leaf out of your book and never bothered to read it. If you have not already realised mate.YOU HAVE BEEN DISMISSED.

Your just all pent up because Target food challenges evolution and so does the other dozen or so of other points I presented that you also weren't able to produce a single excuse for.

Everything in life has a purpose, or an agenda, except for evolution. You claim that evolution has no motivation to create new life, yet here we are 5 million species starting from slime. Your just upset because I pointed out some obvious things about evolution that you were blind to. For example, evolution appears to be a creator of life, and again after 5 million species how are you going to argue that? Evolution obviously has some type of motivation behind it, again after 5 million species, how can you assume its all based on chance when the success rate way out lives the failure rate. Either evolution knows what successful species to make, or has some pre direction so that it doesn't make failed species.

Our 6the largest extinction is a trend that has grown exponetionally from the first one, and we know its not the fault of evolution becasue they had food at one time, or were not a target for being food themselves at one time. Its the fact that there was change in the balance that has taken their lives. Change might be evolution but I think now your realizing that it's a pretty broad statement and obviously one that is wrong. Evolution CANT be responsible for all these changes, there is to much happening in to many directions to the point that order has been lost. Now our planet is collapsing, and your trying to tell me that evolution is also responsible for that as well.

How many new things in the future will your failed belief take you to also assuming it is responsible. Evolution is obviously a lable for things we know little to nothing about at this time. As was my example with ADHD. Changes occuring to our genetics used to all be claimed by evolution but as you can now see, thats not necessarily the truth.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

What part of

YOU ARE DISMISSED

Do you not understand?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

What part of

YOU ARE DISMISSED

Do you not understand?
The part that made you god!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
And so dear reader, after almost 500 pages the conclusions must be drawn.

Although the title of the thread became somewhat misleading from the original intent, it proved to show that the diversity of life on this planet we call home can only be sufficiently explained, and backed up by adhering to the variety of provable, testable and re-creational facts that we refer to as the theory evolution.

Others have attempted to put an "alien" spin on creationism as an argument, and have failed to provide ANY supporting proof other than to cite supernatural events. The madness that followed, was, at the same time, amusing, frustrating, annoying, boring....in fact almost every emotion that a person can experience when unable to pierce the rhinoceros thick hide of ignorance that some are happy in which to cocoon themselves.

Although this was not my thread, I hope people take time to read it as most of the contributors have provided some fantastic explanations across the gamut of diverse topics that form evolution theory, and thanks to one specific poster, who's obstinacy and ignorance have forced explanations from the educated that range from simple explanations that a child could understand, to more complex explanations that require a slightly higher level of understanding of the theories.

To those who have read this far, and wish to partake in more, the madness of tooth and target food continue on his own thread.

Ciao fer now.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Satan placed all the fossils to trick us
Thats about it, what more of an answer do you expect?
Here is a rather beautiful visualization of the process

edit on 21-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

you would have been better if you said the fossil record was left by the world wide flood that extended 15 cubits above the highest mountains and quoted Gen 7:20. But to say Satan put them there to "trick us"?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

And so dear reader, after almost 500 pages the conclusions must be drawn.

Although the title of the thread became somewhat misleading from the original intent, it proved to show that the diversity of life on this planet we call home can only be sufficiently explained, and backed up by adhering to the variety of provable, testable and re-creational facts that we refer to as the theory evolution.
How on earth are you going to refer to evolution as being recreatable when its unpredictable?

Others have attempted to put an "alien" spin on creationism as an argument, and have failed to provide ANY supporting proof other than to cite supernatural events. The madness that followed, was, at the same time, amusing, frustrating, annoying, boring....in fact almost every emotion that a person can experience when unable to pierce the rhinoceros thick hide of ignorance that some are happy in which to cocoon themselves.
And those frustrations stemmed from the fact that you were unsuccessfull in presenting any counter replies to target food and alien intervention.

Although this was not my thread, I hope people take time to read it as most of the contributors have provided some fantastic explanations across the gamut of diverse topics that form evolution theory, and thanks to one specific poster, who's obstinacy and ignorance have forced explanations from the educated that range from simple explanations that a child could understand, to more complex explanations that require a slightly higher level of understanding of the theories.

To those who have read this far, and wish to partake in more, the madness of tooth and target food continue on his own thread.
I have recently confirmed that target food is real based on the fact that any given species always eats the same thing. How else would they know?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

evolution no. You believe Evilution Lie... Genesis 1:1 " Now the serpent was more subtle and crafty than any living creature of the field which the Lord God had made. And he [Satan] said to the woman, Can it really be that God has said," Satan has deceived most of mankind...From The beginning.
www.nowfaith.com...
[I. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.
A. James 4:6 – “God resists (stands against, opposes, hinders) the proud (arrogant,
smug), but gives grace (help, aid, assistance, ability) to the humble.”
B. James 4:7 – “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.”
C. 1 Peter 5:5-6 – Submit to God, resist the devil. God wants to exalt you, not you exalt
yourself. He will exalt you in His way and in His due time.
II. Jesus is our example of humility – Philippians 2:5-11.
A. Verse 8 – “And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and
became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.”
B. 1 John 2:15-16 – Three temptations to overcome: lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh,
and pride of life.
III. Where did pride originate?
A. Isaiah 14:12-17 – Pride originated with Lucifer, the devil. Five times he said, “I
will.”
IV. The solution for pride.
A. Matthew 18:1-4 – The disciples asked Jesus who would be greatest in the kingdom of
heaven.
heaven. He called a child to Himself and said, “Whoever humbles himself as this little
child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.] You Need To Be Born Again, In Your Spirit To Believe God's Word...And To Know...THE CREATOR! Some, Will Believe Through Research...No Doubt...
www.reasons.org...
www.theomatics.com...
www.kjvbible.org...
www.biblemaths.com...

edit on 17-8-2012 by ResearchEverything777 because: add link

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
In the beginning which came first? Plant life or animal life. Did animals evolve from plants or did plants evolve from animal life?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
In the beginning which came first? Plant life or animal life. Did animals evolve from plants or did plants evolve from animal life?

Couldn't they evolve alongside each-other? Seems like you are polarizing the issue, when there are in-between areas that could also be possible.

top topics

<< 485  486  487    489  490  491 >>

join