It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 484
<< 481  482  483    485  486  487 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Mutations or damage to DNA is not evolution. It is a mechanism OF evolution, but it is not evolution itself. Evolution is the gradual change of a group of organisms after long periods of genetic isolation and breeding pressures.

Mutations aide in evolution, but are not what evolution is. Again, are you stupid or have you done absolutely zero reading on the subject? Pick up a damned Dawkins book. It'll set you straight.
Just recently scientists found out about ADHD making changes in our DNA, which means that prior to them finding out, the changes would have been viewed as evolution.

Here is my point, how can you know for sure, or better yet there is no way you can know for sure that any and all changes come from evolution. It is possible that these changes have a reason behind them, just like in the ADHD example.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Originally posted by itsthetooth
You must have missed that part. The ant eater proves that target food exists and is very real. Evolutionists don't want to accept it because its obvious that humans don't have any target food, thus we obviously can't be from here, thus it must not exist because nothing is going to sway judgement aligned with us evolving on earth.

All the way to ignoring my 30 posts of listing the details of the definition for fear of humiliation.

According to the wikipedia, you're wrong. Anteaters eat all manner of insects. They are specialized after successfully breeding insect-eating genes, but they have no specific target food
OH silly me, and I guess ant eaters were named ant eaters for no specific reason. Ant eaters to also eat termites, but they too are part of the ant family, so its the same thing. Ant eaters have a special tounge for reaching into ant hills and sticky to pull out ants. Specific claws for tearing up ant hills, and tuned ears for hearing ants moving about. So your wrong, ant eaters are ant killing machines. I watched it on a special.

Not if they don't want to chance looking like an idiot they wont, and thats exactly what has happened. My definition was intentionally ignored out of fear.

Why would I be afraid of you? Are you now imagining that you have some grandiose understanding that people are afraid to challenge? You're turning into a religious zealot
Not afraid of me, afraid of looking like an ass.

Again, are you stupid? I didn't say that everything doesn't have something to eat. I said they don't have strict rules on what TO eat. They are not designed to eat this or eat that. They have bred traits which tend to work better for certain types of food. There is no specific food that is magic, though
Of course they don't have strict rules, we are in the 6th largest extinction right now, they are going to eat whatever they can or die.

Would you create a car with no gas to refuel?
Would you create a rocket ship with no propulsion?
Now you can argue that evolution may not think of these things, but then nothing really gets a fair chance then does it? What you see from this is chaos, and species stepping on others menus. Target food obviously exists, but only in balance, we lack a lot of balance here on earth which is why we are in the 6th largest extinction right now. Extinctions and a species dying from starvation is NOT NATURAL, it goes against both the idea of creation and evolution.

Again, you're being stupid
The fact that you give the answer that you do, without addressing the examples I gave, tells me your wrong, and that I'm correct.

To think that species are suppose to be born onto this planet with nothing to eat is just bat crazy.

Stupid.
So you don't agree that a species has to have something to eat in order to survive?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Just recently scientists found out about ADHD making changes in our DNA, which means that prior to them finding out, the changes would have been viewed as evolution.

Let me help you here, though I doubt your intentional ignorance will allow you to be helped.., I suggest you go back and read the definition of evolution in which I provided. It's also irrelevant, for sake of argument, if ADHD or sliding down a rail on your balls after a nasty spill doing a trick on your skateboard would cause a change in the DNA.. Evolution is entirely about "Change" and it matters not the processes involved.. You have change in the DNA, you have evolution. SAY IT WITH ME.... IF ...YOU ... HAVE... CHANGE...IN... THE ... DNA...YOU...HAVE.....EVOLUTION!... Your homework is to write that a 100,000 times.. Thus add changes up over larger time scales, those changes add up and eventually the end result or current state becomes drastically different than the original starting state. If you can't comprehend this very basic principle, you are simply either really dumb, or you are being intentionally stupid.. If you think this world is static where nothing changes, you are living in LA LA LAND!. Just the interaction of atoms and environment guarantees evolution as a FACT..The ia the only reason it's still a theory. So because things keep changing, we want to know the processes involved that make it happen, and how things are changing.. So unless the world suddenly freezes into suspended animation, evolution will be both fact (it happens / is real) and theory (how it happens)...

And remember that flower that was genetically made to be sterile was found to have mutated to become fertile to where now there are new species of flower because of it? .. Yes, evolution and it's a perfect example of a beneficial mutation giving rise to a new species. Did it need us, or any entity to do it? NOPE!!!

edit on 31-7-2012 by TheJackelantern because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

How are you ruling that they just hitched a ride? You seem to be horrendously biased, misinformed, and just plain redundantly ill-minded.

Read Richard Dawkins. Seriously. Go to your local library, and just read some of his books
Oh I'm sure evolution has come up with a theory for that, I wouldn't doubt it in a second.

Evolution has come up with a lot of theories, and hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sparksgordon

About the Title of this thread. Im a christian and i would have to say. NO i cannot prove evolution is wrong. however you cant prove it is right either. evidence is in both sides of the court and until science gets further evidence for the cause of evolution we will be stuck in the middle of the court straddling the net.
Be careful, the people on this thread would try to convince you otherwise. They seem to think that evolution is falsifiable, used in the medical field, and was proven long ago.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Yes they do come up with Theories that are empirically supported, and hypothesis's that are empirically supported regarding how things are changing, or how organisms are evolving. It won't change the scientific fact that they are, have, and will continue to do so. If you want to study how X thing evolves, you have to study how it is evolving and come up with a model of understanding of how this X thing evolves, evolved, and might evolve into as it evolves.. You are clearly clueless as how science operates and works when it comes to this field of science. Ignorance continues to be your playing card, and intentionally so.

They seem to think that evolution is falsifiable, used in the medical field, and was proven long ago.

The only thing that is really falsifiable is regarding how something is evolving, and not the fact that it is, has.. Either learn something, or sit down..You're embarrassing..

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If your referring to evolution having facts, your demonstrably wrong. As I have proven over and over, evolution is listed as a hypothesis, and theory. There are very few facts known about evolution. What we do know is that anytime change is seen, if that be by a hurricane, or ADHD, its looked at as possible evolution.

After all change means evolution. I changed my underwear this morning, that must be evolution.

You still don't even get what the theory of evolution means
I was exaggerating and being sarcastic of course.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Thats awsome, to see that your learning, now just learn the difference between sci fi and supernatural and you will have it.

Both aren't real
And how did you come to this conclusion?

If you know something that science doesn't, maybe you need to let them know.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Thats awsome, to see that your learning, now just learn the difference between sci fi and supernatural and you will have it.

Both aren't real
And how did you come to this conclusion?

If you know something that science doesn't, maybe you need to let them know.

Just by reading your posts would be a good enough source to such a conclusion. lol

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

He definitely made it up but that is not the problem.

The problem is the whole concept of 'target food' is that it is meaningless nonsense and is why tooth could not and cannot explain or define it.

He needs it to be true to maintain his silly fantasy and so he keeps banging on about it and will not listen to anything that shows it as nonsense. I just tell him it is not accepted on this thread.

It is the sign of a muddled, uneducated mind that has no connection with the world around us and is why after 470 pages he still thinks you go to sleep as a rat and wake up as a cat and so have no food. Only an idiot could come up with something like target food. Nuff said.

I'm sorry but telling me that your sure that species just eat whatever they can, is not proof that target food doesn't exist. Why don't you try to debunk it and prove it wrong rather than waddle in pity because your clueless. You have no proof that target food doesn't exist, and I have repeatedly given you the definition, at first you claimed you wouldn't accept the definition then you claimed you never got it to begin with.

The bottom line is that a species CANT live without food to eat, therefore it only stands to reason that everything will have food to eat. The only difference here is you believe that food choice has no order behind it, and I do. Species that venture off the intended menu will cause harm to another or several other species that also depend on that thing for food. This is what causes the 6th largest extinction.

This all goes back to our disagreement of things supposed to be in a balance. You believe there is not suppose to be balance and thus you also accept the current 6th largest food extinction as being normal. I don't. It's obvious that the only way all life can live on a planet is if there is balance. Ours is mostly out of balance right now which is why we also have the extinctions. We aren't coming up with any new species so our planet is dying.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I know, and its this very reason that I chose this thread. I chose one that I knew the people would be incredulous and the most stubborn, and in my experience, people that believe in evolution fit the bill.

Nope. You infected this thread because any you made up to discuss your nonsense ended up in ATS SKUNK WORKS where to be honest it belongs.

As for the rest of the tripe that followed. More of your fantasy world that only you could believe. Tragic
Just because people are incredulous and placed me in skunk works as a result doesn't automatically mean I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJackelantern

So then you do believe that if ADHD did change our DNA like it has been reported to, that is evolution.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yes they do come up with Theories that are empirically supported, and hypothesis's that are empirically supported regarding how things are changing, or how organisms are evolving. It won't change the scientific fact that they are, have, and will continue to do so. If you want to study how X thing evolves, you have to study how it is evolving and come up with a model of understanding of how this X thing evolves, evolved, and might evolve into as it evolves.. You are clearly clueless as how science operates and works when it comes to this field of science. Ignorance continues to be your playing card, and intentionally so
That isn't true at all. If they had the ability to identify what is causing the changes, then they would be able to quote what parts are responsible for evolution. Instead, they just see changes so claim that it must be due to evolution.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by colin42

I know, and its this very reason that I chose this thread. I chose one that I knew the people would be incredulous and the most stubborn, and in my experience, people that believe in evolution fit the bill.

Nope. You infected this thread because any you made up to discuss your nonsense ended up in ATS SKUNK WORKS where to be honest it belongs.

As for the rest of the tripe that followed. More of your fantasy world that only you could believe. Tragic
Just because people are incredulous and placed me in skunk works as a result doesn't automatically mean I'm wrong.
So it is not everyone in this thread that are incredulous it is everyone on this site
but never, and I mean never does it occur to you that it maybe you talk a load of old ball Shine

Skunk works is your home and where your nonsense should be. You are here because if you posted any topic on any of your nonesense Skunk works is where it would go.

Prove me wrong. Make up a thread and call it 'Target Food Proves Evolution Wrong'. If it does not end up in Skunks within three pages you can use it here.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That isn't true at all. If they had the ability to identify what is causing the changes, then they would be able to quote what parts are responsible for evolution. Instead, they just see changes so claim that it must be due to evolution.

Electromagnetism / atoms... You lose. And you fail to grasp that the changes happened and what evolution is defined as. Please try again...

So then you do believe that if ADHD did change our DNA like it has been reported to, that is evolution.

I didn't say I believe ADHD caused changes in the DNA.. Please stop quote mining me. The next time you quote mine me, I will report you. .. I used your argument as an example of why it would be irrelevant., and you can't seem to grasp it... You're either embarrassingly stupid, or that you are intentionally stupid... And I am leaning to intentional stupidity, but the more you talk, the more I am starting to think you really aren't the brightest person I've ever debated.

Simply put.. The flower in question mutated...Became a new fertile species.. You lose.. DNA errors happen during reproduction = you lose.. All the information I've posted on evolution, to which was a massive amount = you lose.. Your ignorance of what evolution is = you lose. The very fact that a conscious state can't exist without cause alone makes the concept of evolution fact = You Lose! And if this was my forum, I would have banned you a long time ago for trolling a fora with intellectual dishonesty. Especially for quote mining and intentionally using fallacy arguments.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I have proven your twaddle wrong so many times and in so many ways that shows you are just a pathetic waste of my time.

As in my other reply to you. Post a new topic. Make up a thread and call it 'Target Food Proves Evolution Wrong'. If it does not end up in Skunks within three pages you can use it here.

If you fail at least you can claim a record for so many of your threads that stink so bad they evolve into Skunks

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

So it is not everyone in this thread that are incredulous it is everyone on this site but never, and I mean never does it occur to you that it maybe you talk a load of old ball Shine
No is more like you have never once proved me wrong on anything I have presented that proves we are not from here.

Skunk works is your home and where your nonsense should be. You are here because if you posted any topic on any of your nonesense Skunk works is where it would go
Thats only because the topic is in high debate, and most people aren't willing to understand it to begin with. That which has nothing to do with how true it is.

Prove me wrong. Make up a thread and call it 'Target Food Proves Evolution Wrong'. If it does not end up in Skunks within three pages you can use it here
Just because more people are inclinded to believe in evolution over intervention doesn't prove it right. Look at how many people believe in religion, are they correct?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Electromagnetism / atoms... You lose. And you fail to grasp that the changes happened and what evolution is defined as. Please try again...
Ya but no one is coming out and claiming that electromagnetism is responsible for evolutionairy changes.

I didn't say I believe ADHD caused changes in the DNA.. Please stop quote mining me. The next time you quote mine me, I will report you. .. I used your argument as an example of why it would be irrelevant., and you can't seem to grasp it... You're either embarrassingly stupid, or that you are intentionally stupid... And I am leaning to intentional stupidity, but the more you talk, the more I am starting to think you really aren't the brightest person I've ever debated.
I know you didn't state that, I guoted it from a website.All I'm saying is that you agree any changes must be called evolution, and I'm saying that the changes that occur from ADHD your also saying must be evolution when they clearly aren't. So your wrong.

Simply put.. The flower in question mutated...Became a new fertile species.. You lose.. DNA errors happen during reproduction = you lose.. All the information I've posted on evolution, to which was a massive amount = you lose.. Your ignorance of what evolution is = you lose. The very fact that a conscious state can't exist without cause alone makes the concept of evolution fact = You Lose! And if this was my forum, I would have banned you a long time ago for trolling a fora with intellectual dishonesty. Especially for quote mining and intentionally using fallacy arguments.
No there is something else going on like with ADHD changing DNA, and they just haven't identified that yet, so they go with what they feel is the best answer at this time which is, there are changes and we haven't identified them so they must be evolution.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I have proven your twaddle wrong so many times and in so many ways that shows you are just a pathetic waste of my time.
The ONLY thing you have proven is that your incredulous.

As in my other reply to you. Post a new topic. Make up a thread and call it 'Target Food Proves Evolution Wrong'. If it does not end up in Skunks within three pages you can use it here.
I have a better idea, you prove it wrong, and I'll leave it from here.

As if your the thread god that just makes a decision of who can be on here and who cant. Oddly enough the stuff thats kicking your butt you don't want on here, only because its such a threat to the precious little evolution.

If you fail at least you can claim a record for so many of your threads that stink so bad they evolve into Skunks
Being placed in skunk works requires an opinion about the topic to place it there. Did it ever occur to you that just maybe that opinion might be wrong.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Being placed in skunk works requires an opinion about the topic to place it there. Did it ever occur to you that just maybe that opinion might be wrong.

Given all the other stuff the mods allow, like reptilians invading earth or similar nonsense, your thread needs to be really crap and bat# crazy to land in skunk works

You seem to be pretty good at promoting bat# crazy nonsense ideas given how often your threads got moved...so kudos, well done

No is more like you have never once proved me wrong on anything I have presented that proves we are not from here.

You might wanna look up what "proof" means...because I don't think you do

edit on 31-7-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 481  482  483    485  486  487 >>

join