It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 478
<< 475  476  477    479  480  481 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well, given that there's hundreds of things that have been scientifically proven to be wrong in the bible....it makes all the sense in the world to not look at the bible for proof
The bible is a book that is prefaced to be titled in the "supernatural" section, so I honestl don't see how any of it could be put to any test.

In case you are unaware, we are not in a position to test such things, as we don't have access to them. Now if you want to claim or make reference to people disproving things that happened in the bible, the only way those tests would be deemed as fair, is if the supernatural abilitys and events were recreated, and I'm not aware of anyone here that is in a position to be able to do that, so your talking out your @$$.

If your going to be true about dismissing such things, then you have to also be true about the way you put them to the test.

Your just being dishonest and I have explained this before. We don't even have any other books that we can reference in the same catagory as the bible so I honestly don't see how your going to be able to prove or disprove anything in it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
The idea that things are suppose to be in a balance to survive, is in strong debate. All I have done is take it to the extreme to prove that in fact the only time things do survive is when there is some sort of balance. The fact is that you can't dispute that every species is supposed to have something to eat, you would have to be an idiot to believe otherwise. No one will ever change my mind that a species will only survive if it has food. The only difference between what you and I believe about this matter is I believe that everything is planned out, or at least it was in the beginning, while you believe its just a crap shoot and everything will eat what ever it can, and its supposed to be that way with no alignement. You also believe that there is nothing wrong with one species eating anothers food as it can venture over to someone elses menu to make up for it.

I call that bullcrap.

Humans are NOT role models for the way a species is supposed to eat. We are however role models for what happens when you get moved to another planet. No target food, and we don't fit in, and the planets natural defenses are attacking us to the point that we need vaccines, and medicine to survive.

Dude, most species are capable of adapting to eat other foods. It might make a species sick after a long enough period of eating it, but not before it can reproduce. Eventually, the offspring will be able to live longer and reproduce more while eating that food, and then that food that they previously were not happy eating becomes their own food.

Humans are just like chimps. We can eat the same things. We don't NEED vaccines and medicines to survive. They just help. See, before modern medicine and vaccines, humans tended to reach maturity and make tons of babies. Then, we would die and our children would repeat that cycle. All that modern times has changed is that now we live past our breeding age. You're an idiot if you can't understand that simple bit of information.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Have you not heard? Tooth claims to be a science major. Discoverer of an arcane virus but cannot even explain what that may be. A borderline genius no less. None of these does he show any signs of.
I never said I can't explan what it is, I said it's not proper for me to do so on this thread. This thread is not about my credentials.
But good job for once again assuming and trying to put words in my mouth.

He goes on to claim he is more scholarly than the religious scholars that spend a lifetime of debate and study of the bible. He claims that he and he alone understands what all these academics have missed.
Seeing how the direction agrees with Sitchen, Pye, Von daniken, and even the mtDNA findings, I doubt seriously if you can say I'm alone. But good job for once again assuming and trying to once again put words in my mouth.

He claims to know, understand science so well that we should be swayed by his opinion alone no matter how unfounded. How unsupported by any evidence and how detached from reality that opinion is.

I think when you have to be incredulous to the point that you have to lie and make things up to fit your belief, that its a good indication your on the wrong track. I don't force what I understand on anyone, but I will say that when no one is able to come up with answers to easy questions I have offered, it sure does raise eye brows. And I stick by that. I have summond answers that clearly explain we are not from here, and you and everyone else on this thread hides in the corner everything I come up with something new. You don't have to be shocked or embarrased, the questions without answer prove we are not from here.

With no evidence at all he claims that all the science mankind has discovered, tested and applied we are all wrong and that all the effort and dedication that has been put into scientific exploration is a tiresome waste of time because he alone knows the answer to every question that ever was.
Your making an assumption that ALL scientists agree with evolutionism and that is just not correct. Your also making an assumption that evolutionists also agree with your personal understanding about evolution and that would appear to be something different as well. But good job for once again assuming.

ALIENS DID IT.

Well that is what is documented, I tend to lean on agreeing with it.

All we needed to have done though out history to any question was to put ALIENS DID IT after each and every question mark or mystery. If that does not work then lie like you've never lied before or use the word assuming as often as possible.

Welcome to the Billy Liar world of the tooth. (a white Billy Liar world of course)
Evolution has done nothing but give us an excuse to release religion from the truth. The fact is, it has never been proven or disproven, so there is honestly no reason for this to have happened unless people were just incredulous.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Dude, most species are capable of adapting to eat other foods. It might make a species sick after a long enough period of eating it, but not before it can reproduce. Eventually, the offspring will be able to live longer and reproduce more while eating that food, and then that food that they previously were not happy eating becomes their own food.
So what your trying to say is that any species that is subjected to something through generations will eventually adapt to that enviroment.

Which I must have the whole understanding backwards as I thought that evolution was changes on a molecular level so that things would fit in the enviroment. In a way they are still the same I guess. If you were correct, the planet would not change, and everything involved would evolve to fit the planet, which is either sink or swim. But also if this were true, evolution would be molding the perfect species for this planet, which also seems not to be the case. As an example, you offered food for thought. So after many generations, the food we have available will become the perfect food for us. Nothing is further from the truth. Our food is getting worse, its not as healthy as it used to be, to the point that we are genetically modifying it to make it work for us. In addition we now have dieticians, diets, super suppliment stores, with just about any type of suppliment you can think of. Now if you were right, why are we going the wrong direction, and our food that your so sure is suppose to be ours, isn't working to the best of our needs? Simple, its not our target food. And the bible actually concurs.

Humans are just like chimps. We can eat the same things. We don't NEED vaccines and medicines to survive. They just help. See, before modern medicine and vaccines, humans tended to reach maturity and make tons of babies. Then, we would die and our children would repeat that cycle. All that modern times has changed is that now we live past our breeding age. You're an idiot if you can't understand that simple bit of information.
Here is where the problem is, people tend to stick by people as a unit and live near other people, people tend to associate with other people. People also tend to stay away from the wilderness and stick closer to citys, and publicly populated areas. Granted there are a few that do the opposite but more lean the other direction. This causes sickenss and disease to be spread easiely so they had to come up with vaccinations to combat this. Now your right, we don't need any of it, we can all die at an earlier age, but your missing the overall picture. We shouldn't have to die at all if it was our planet that we weren't be rejected off of.

So your wrong again.
edit on 27-7-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Adaptation.

It's held in being apart of evolution in its definition, but there are a few problems here. This is a classic example of how I was saying earlier that its obvious that evolution is just a series of hypotheses and theories to try to take the place of religion, as to rule religion out. Adaptation is claimed to be part of evolution but in fact its not. There is no reason I can think of that would explain why we need to adapt to things, when evoltuion itself is supposed to be taking care of that subject. The only possible answer is in the event evolution fails. So anytime you see adaptation, it will have to be redundant to evolution as evolution is supposed to take care of any changes we need in order to fit.

Adaptation is an obvious sign that something is very wrong. It's a lot more than just an obvious clue that we aren't evolving, but that something desperate needs to take place to make things work. There is a difference however between adaptation and redundant adaptation. Humans are way guilty of redundant adaptation. Here is an example, its a weak one but it still works. Our feet were not able to handle the harsh elements of the ground so someone invented shoes. Now if that was the end of the story you might be able to pass this off as being a natural thing, however its not. We ended up having fungus as a result so needed to turn around and invent socks to absorb the sweat to take care of the fungus problem. Thats redundant.
One could argue that we just needed a better invention to begin with, but the fact remains we shouldn't have to have shoes in the first place. Anytime you see a species adapting, it could be a clue that something is not fitting.

Of course we have to adapt, its all we do, and we do it well and as a result we are still alive and well. We even had to adapt with our menu so we made some items that are considred processed. Just remember there is a reason why the definition of natural excludes man from the term. Man is not natural to this planet...

1.Existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind

natural

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Adaptation is using previously evolved traits and expressing them in order to better fit the environment an organism lives in. Why do you think there are so many massive extinctions in the fossil record? This ability to adapt wasn't always there. The traits slowly developed, and now we can change shape, color, and hair coverage to better survive various environments.

You still understand nothing, itsthetooth.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Here is where the problem is, people tend to stick by people as a unit and live near other people, people tend to associate with other people. People also tend to stay away from the wilderness and stick closer to citys, and publicly populated areas. Granted there are a few that do the opposite but more lean the other direction. This causes sickenss and disease to be spread easiely so they had to come up with vaccinations to combat this. Now your right, we don't need any of it, we can all die at an earlier age, but your missing the overall picture. We shouldn't have to die at all if it was our planet that we weren't be rejected off of.

So your wrong again.
edit on 27-7-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

Tell that to all the folk who live in forests and have not even had contact with modern civilization is decades or possibly ever. How did the African tribes survive without vaccines and medicine? This is not just a few. You're being purposefully ignorant.

Edit: We shouldn't have to die at all if we fit the planet? Are you a moron? All things die. It's NATURE. GET OVER IT.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Varemia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Cant/wont there is no difference here. You made another unfounded claim you cant/wont back up. Par for the course.

But good job for once again assuming and trying to put words in my mouth.
So you don’t claim to be a science a major? Told you were a borderline genius? Recognise things in the bible lifelong scholars are not aware of? Or that you have discovered an arcane virus, whatever that is?

Seeing how the direction agrees with Sitchen, Pye, Von daniken, and even the mtDNA findings, I doubt seriously if you can say I'm alone.
Seeing as though what direction? For all the claims you make you still cannot put a coherent sentence together.

But good job for once again assuming and trying to once again put words in my mouth.
So you and your Sunday school group have decided to use 'assuming' to hide behind now then or am I assuming?

I think when you have to be incredulous to the point that you have to lie and make things up to fit your belief, that its a good indication your on the wrong track.
For once you are correct. So why do you keep doing it?

I don't force what I understand on anyone, but I will say that when no one is able to come up with answers to easy questions I have offered, it sure does raise eye brows. And I stick by that.
Nope. The truth is you will not consider, debate any answers you are given. Worse this religion you have concocted is your fantasy so it is you that needs to answer questions which you have failed on an epic scale.

I have summond answers that clearly explain we are not from here, and you and everyone else on this thread hides in the corner everything I come up with something new.
How pi$$ poor is your use of English

I agree you have summoned up any answers you give (from thin air) but you have failed beyond description to show any explanation of your infantile claims. As for coming up with anything new, please. You recycle the same old arguments changing the current one when you are getting slaughtered like now to one you were slaughtered on previously. Pathetic

You don't have to be shocked or embarrased, the questions without answer prove we are not from here.
This stupidity from a so called self proclaimed science major. even if your fantasy had any substance, which it does not. No answer does not mean your fantasy is the answer.

Your making an assumption that ALL scientists agree with evolutionism and that is just not correct.
Ah your pathetic assumption defence. Your problem is you are again not addressing my statement that you believe you know better than the accumulated knowledge of hundreds of years. Answer that and not what you assumed my question might have been.

So you even agree the answer to everything is aliens did it. How pathetic.

Evolution has done nothing but give us an excuse to release religion from the truth.
Another meaningless sentence. What the hell are you ranting about now?

The fact is, it has never been proven or disproven, so there is honestly no reason for this to have happened unless people were just incredulous.
What has never been proven? I said you answer everything with 'aliens did it' so I can only assume that is what you are talking about. You went and made me assume ......... or did aliens do it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Your only stuck on the black and white thing because I offered the possibility that we all might be from different planets, and you just want to prove that wrong.
Nope. You claimed black and white people probably come from different planets. I am trying to establish what people the bible is referring too. You are doing your best to avoid answering that question. Do that now.

I'm not sure if your aware of the chapter in the bible that speaks of the tower of babble. It's assumed of course that God made these different people, complete with different languages and color as a punishment to us for trying to build a stairway to heaven.
You don’t accept assumptions? Explain.

We assume that white people were here first, but the fact is I'm not aware of any proof of that.
Nope. You assume white people were here first. Science say's humans came from Africa so science assumes the first humans were black.

It is your assumption that white people were here first because you see the bible as a book about whites which I believe I have made a good argument against based on your assumptions. So good that you have failed to answer it. As usual.

Well anything can be looked at in that way, but the problem is that your overlooking the fact that there is just way to many other things that all agree.
Nope. You base your opinions on what you believe the authors of various parts of the bible wrote and they wrote their opinion of what they claimed happened. AKA your opinion.

I guess the easier way to explain this is that the bible was intended to explain to us that we are not from earth, yet for unknown reasons this obvious direction was either ignored, or taken in any other context except that.
Really
Strangely most people would say the bible is about living a pure life which would be rewarded by an eternity in heaven. It is your assumption and opinion that it does not and you have zilch evidence to back up your claim.

Like I indicated, those answers are not available.
Nope you said there are no answers then in your next sentence wrote it is documented. So try again: my question: So who was here first, what color and nationality were they, who knows?
your answer

Color and nationality are not shared that I'm aware of.
So how did you come up with blacks and whites are from different planets?

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.
Have you not been reading what I wrote? I made it very clear.

Again your making another assumption about the image.
Nope. I quoted what the bible says. Man is made in gods image. You made an assumption that it was the image seen through a microscope. You made the assumption not me.

What I did to help figure things out, is I looked for additional explanations that back up the meaning, then when they both concur, then I stuck with it.
Nope. You looked for things that in your opinion supported your fantasy and assumed everything that challenged those views are wrong. You continue to do so.

You have to also remember that there is translatiion, and in addition to it being from a much older language.
So you now say that the bible is not a clear historical document and the reader has to make assumptions based on their opinion of its meaning

The bible is not clear as a WHOLE.
Conformation that you are now saying the bible is not a clear historical document.

The parts I have shared are clear because like I said, I looked for back up of the understanding elsewhere in the bible.
Here by your very own admission is the crux of the matter. YOU believe, based on your assumptions and preformed opinion that the parts you believe in the bible supports you are a clear historical document and disregard anything else it contains as wrong. You just demonstrated an answer I gave you above.

So your assuming that because I didn't share something that it must not be relevant.
Nope. I am assuming that if you do not share something you think supports you it either does not exist or you know it will be ripped apart with ease. A fair assumption any one would make and agree with.

There is other things that concur with the idea that god manipulated us through the use of genetics.
What other things?

Of course if he had been our real creator there would , or should have been no need for that, he obviously isn't our original creator.
Pi$$ poor English again. There can only be one creator of life. Anyone making any alteration can not be called a creator in this context.

So no assuming here, its all redundant.
And after 477 pages you still do not know how to use or what redundant is. How you is that

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

So what you're basicall saying is:

The bible is proof because thanks to the supernatural everything is possible...magic

Well then, enjoy your gods with elephant heads and talking snakes

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by TheJackelantern

You know as well as I do that biblical things cant be proven academically. However your are at the same time saying that if it can't be, then it can't be truth, and you know that isn't so.

I doubt very seriously that just because something can't be proven academically, that it automatically means it can't be true. Thats a very odd belief, and shows that your not an honest person.

The bible is a book that is prefaced to be titled in the "supernatural" section, so I honestl don't see how any of it could be put to any test.

Hey tooth, herein lies your problem....this is a SCIENTIFIC debate. Meaning, anything that can't be SCIENTIFICALLY substantiated (i.e tested), cannot be entered as evidence or claim. You just admitted it, the BIBLE CAN'T BE TESTED, therefore you can't use it as a verifiable piece of proof. WHY CAN"T you understand that? You are a borderline GENUS, science major, you should know that. That's it, you're done. Go join a philosophical debate because you have no OBSERVABLE or TESTABLE evidence, which is what is going on here.

Maybe I'll get drunk later and really......

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
O.K. itsthetooth,
I disagree with you. However, let’s say you are right. Extraterrestrials created humans. How were Extraterrestrials created? You see, you have the same problem that theologians have, explaining how intelligence etc came from simple matter. Evolution has solved that.
For a theologian his/her problem is similar to yours. A theologian explains the complexity of a human's body by saying God designed it. However, that is not an explanation for complexity! That is like saying," a car is complex because it was created in a factory." A factory is far more complex then a car and therefore requires even more explanation!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Adaptation is using previously evolved traits and expressing them in order to better fit the environment an organism lives in. Why do you think there are so many massive extinctions in the fossil record? This ability to adapt wasn't always there. The traits slowly developed, and now we can change shape, color, and hair coverage to better survive various environments.
Well I understand we have adaptation because evolution is failing, I'm glad your admitting that.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Tell that to all the folk who live in forests and have not even had contact with modern civilization is decades or possibly ever. How did the African tribes survive without vaccines and medicine? This is not just a few. You're being purposefully ignorant.

Edit: We shouldn't have to die at all if we fit the planet? Are you a moron? All things die. It's NATURE. GET OVER IT
Of course they lived, but they lived a shorter life and weren't as healthy. Of course we still die, I meant that we wouldnt have to die an early death.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

So you don’t claim to be a science a major? Told you were a borderline genius? Recognise things in the bible lifelong scholars are not aware of? Or that you have discovered an arcane virus, whatever that is?
And you would be wrong again, I never said I wasn't a science major. I'm told per my score that I am borderline genius. As far as recognizing things in the bible, like I keep saying, I'm obviously not the first.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Borderline genius

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Seeing how the direction agrees with Sitchen, Pye, Von daniken, and even the mtDNA findings, I doubt seriously if you can say I'm alone.

Seeing as though what direction? For all the claims you make you still cannot put a coherent sentence together.
We all agree we are not from earth.

I'm shocked you have missed this all this time.

But good job for once again assuming and trying to once again put words in my mouth.

So you and your Sunday school group have decided to use 'assuming' to hide behind now then or am I assuming?
Neither, you just jumped on the assumption band wagon.

I think when you have to be incredulous to the point that you have to lie and make things up to fit your belief, that its a good indication your on the wrong track.

For once you are correct. So why do you keep doing it?
I was referring to YOU.

I don't force what I understand on anyone, but I will say that when no one is able to come up with answers to easy questions I have offered, it sure does raise eye brows. And I stick by that.

Nope. The truth is you will not consider, debate any answers you are given. Worse this religion you have concocted is your fantasy so it is you that needs to answer questions which you have failed on an epic scale.
I have succeeded in stumping you and all others on this thread that were unable to prove we are from earth in the catagorys I chose. In addition to this I also gave reason why and how that was, and proved you wrong. We clearly are not from here.

I have summond answers that clearly explain we are not from here, and you and everyone else on this thread hides in the corner everything I come up with something new.

How pi$$ poor is your use of English

I agree you have summoned up any answers you give (from thin air) but you have failed beyond description to show any explanation of your infantile claims. As for coming up with anything new, please. You recycle the same old arguments changing the current one when you are getting slaughtered like now to one you were slaughtered on previously. Pathetic
Stumping you to the point that you have to lie and move the goal posts is not slaughtering me, please

You don't have to be shocked or embarrased, the questions without answer prove we are not from here.

This stupidity from a so called self proclaimed science major. even if your fantasy had any substance, which it does not. No answer does not mean your fantasy is the answer.
Well there is one answer that keeps coming up and its not evolution thats for sure.

Your making an assumption that ALL scientists agree with evolutionism and that is just not correct.

Ah your pathetic assumption defence. Your problem is you are again not addressing my statement that you believe you know better than the accumulated knowledge of hundreds of years. Answer that and not what you assumed my question might have been.
I hate to be the one to break it to you but all scientists don't agree with evolution.

So you even agree the answer to everything is aliens did it. How pathetic.
I think you being incredulous stems from you actually believing that man has an answer for everything, and that man knows everything, and there is nothing that we don't know. I hate to break it to you but your wrong.

Evolution has done nothing but give us an excuse to release religion from the truth.

Another meaningless sentence. What the hell are you ranting about now?
Evolution was just a replacement religion to replace christianity, thats all.

The fact is, it has never been proven or disproven, so there is honestly no reason for this to have happened unless people were just incredulous.

What has never been proven? I said you answer everything with 'aliens did it' so I can only assume that is what you are talking about. You went and made me assume ......... or did aliens do it?
I'm referring to whats happened in the bible.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Your only stuck on the black and white thing because I offered the possibility that we all might be from different planets, and you just want to prove that wrong.

Nope. You claimed black and white people probably come from different planets. I am trying to establish what people the bible is referring too. You are doing your best to avoid answering that question. Do that now.
I allready did, but as usuall you don't listen, its called the tower of babble.

I'm not sure if your aware of the chapter in the bible that speaks of the tower of babble. It's assumed of course that God made these different people, complete with different languages and color as a punishment to us for trying to build a stairway to heaven.

You don’t accept assumptions? Explain.
What it comes down to Colin, is that it appears that all of this nonsense about people just appearing out of no where makes a lot more sense if they were actually just being abducted. In case you didn't know, thats exactly what aliens do, they abduct people. I'm sorry if that comes as a shock to you, but I think even a first grader with limited knowledge about the subject at least knows of this happening. Believing in it I guess is another story all together. Anyhow, even in the genesis sections of the bible there are key elements to strongly elude to the idea that we were actually abducted rather than our understanding of being created. There are parts of the bible that concur with the idea that God was using genetics to control us, and mold us into what he wanted, that however doesn't mean that he made us from scratch.

We assume that white people were here first, but the fact is I'm not aware of any proof of that.

Nope. You assume white people were here first. Science say's humans came from Africa so science assumes the first humans were black.
Or could black people have been the race that inhabited the planet before we did? It's hard to say.

It is your assumption that white people were here first because you see the bible as a book about whites which I believe I have made a good argument against based on your assumptions. So good that you have failed to answer it. As usual.
I don't know that they emphasize on color and race until the tower of babble.

Well anything can be looked at in that way, but the problem is that your overlooking the fact that there is just way to many other things that all agree.

Nope. You base your opinions on what you believe the authors of various parts of the bible wrote and they wrote their opinion of what they claimed happened. AKA your opinion.
No I don't have an opinion on what they wrote.

I guess the easier way to explain this is that the bible was intended to explain to us that we are not from earth, yet for unknown reasons this obvious direction was either ignored, or taken in any other context except that.

Really Strangely most people would say the bible is about living a pure life which would be rewarded by an eternity in heaven. It is your assumption and opinion that it does not and you have zilch evidence to back up your claim
Depends on how you look at things. We don't even have our intended food here to eat, so things aren't going so great. We struggle from day to day with our redundant adaptive lives, so no, its not good. We are spinning our wheels.

Like I indicated, those answers are not available.

Nope you said there are no answers then in your next sentence wrote it is documented. So try again: my question: So who was here first, what color and nationality were they, who knows?
your answer
I don't know what color or race was here first, and I don't think the book explains that either.

Color and nationality are not shared that I'm aware of.

So how did you come up with blacks and whites are from different planets?
From DNA. We all have different DNA. different races can be identified by unique DNA.

Again your making another assumption about the image.

Nope. I quoted what the bible says. Man is made in gods image. You made an assumption that it was the image seen through a microscope. You made the assumption not me.
You assumed first, and like I stated there are other things that suggest that statement is referring to DNA.

What I did to help figure things out, is I looked for additional explanations that back up the meaning, then when they both concur, then I stuck with it.

Nope. You looked for things that in your opinion supported your fantasy and assumed everything that challenged those views are wrong. You continue to do so.
The only thing I'm continueing to do is accept understanding from the bible when the multiple things...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

When multiple things all claim the same answers.

You have to also remember that there is translatiion, and in addition to it being from a much older language.

So you now say that the bible is not a clear historical document and the reader has to make assumptions based on their opinion of its meaning
That depends on the logic used in deduction. Like I have explained over and over, I look for other things that prove the answer, to make sure its being understood correctly. For example when the bible talks about aliens, was it referring to people that were ousted from a city, or illegal imigrants, or actuall aliens from other planets. Well due to the fact that they are also talking about other citys on other planets, it wasn't to hard to figure out. So I woudln't say its guesswork.

The bible is not clear as a WHOLE.

Conformation that you are now saying the bible is not a clear historical document.
As a whole, since I haven't found anything that didn't make sense to me, I can't agree with you.

The parts I have shared are clear because like I said, I looked for back up of the understanding elsewhere in the bible.

Here by your very own admission is the crux of the matter. YOU believe, based on your assumptions and preformed opinion that the parts you believe in the bible supports you are a clear historical document and disregard anything else it contains as wrong. You just demonstrated an answer I gave you above.
Depends, on if your talking about it as a whole or just the parts I have presented.

So your assuming that because I didn't share something that it must not be relevant.

Nope. I am assuming that if you do not share something you think supports you it either does not exist or you know it will be ripped apart with ease. A fair assumption any one would make and agree with.
On the contrary, no. Your wrong again. Every new page I read agreed with my understanding.

There is other things that concur with the idea that god manipulated us through the use of genetics.

What other things?
Well for one, the part in Ezekiel where he makes an appearnce with a four headed creature of lion ox eagle and man. It's very suspicious of someone that plays with DNA. The reference about our punishements will be handed down through our generations is also in line with that as well.

Of course if he had been our real creator there would , or should have been no need for that, he obviously isn't our original creator.

Pi$$ poor English again. There can only be one creator of life. Anyone making any alteration can not be called a creator in this context.
Who ever proved there can only be one creator of life? Do you hold the national handbook on the rules for creation? It's possible that this over populated planet we live on was due to several creators working together, at least its a theory.

So no assuming here, its all redundant.

And after 477 pages you still do not know how to use or what redundant is. How you is that
Really...

re·dun·dantadjective /riˈdəndənt/ 

1.No longer needed or useful; superfluous
- an appropriate use for a redundant church
- many of the old skills had become redundant

2.(of words or data) Able to be omitted without loss of meaning or function

3.(of a component) Not strictly necessary to functioning but included in case of failure in another component

4.(of a person) No longer employed because there is no more work available
- eight permanent staff were made redundant

Synonyms
adjective: superfluous, unnecessary, needless, excessive, spare, surplus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks good to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So what you're basicall saying is:

The bible is proof because thanks to the supernatural everything is possible...magic

Well then, enjoy your gods with elephant heads and talking snakes
I see, and you make this assertation based on the incredible understanding of knowledge of our own science.

In other words, these things just can't be, and you personally know this, how again?

top topics

<< 475  476  477    479  480  481 >>

join