It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 472
<< 469  470  471    473  474  475 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

I have more than proved the Chimp uses a spoon. If you cannot accept hard evidence the go in ignorance

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

What are you talking about, there was never any back peddling only that I made a mistake about it being an average and not a constant. If your trying to emphasize on that, you better hang on to it as it never happens in my posts. Colin was proven wrong by using the example of frostbite and heat stroke are extremes to our natural body.

You are a dishonest idiot.....

A: nowhere in any articles about Kepler does it state that is an average.
B: the article posted, several times states they don't know yet and those temperatures are educated guesses depending on mass and atmosphere.
C:do you know how to calculate averages? You are wrong again.....

-11C+22C+460C= 471C

471 / 3 = 157C or 314.6F

This is what I mean when I call you a moron.

Just admit, you are completely wrong yet again

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

I now know his problem. When you put something in front of tooth in black and white he only reads the white.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

I now know his problem. When you put something in front of tooth in black and white he only reads the white.

well, black people are from a different planet....lol. Does this mean there is a planet black, planet asian, and planet white. I curious as whether or not the bushman /native/ aboriginals have their own planet too, what about latinos where do they fit into the picture??

Why is our DNA identical if we didn't evolve together? I'm going to guess that tooth reply will be that the "aliens" first seeded individual planet from spare parts and then brought all here together to observe.

An inter-galactic Big Brother

edit on 21-7-2012 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

You maybe onto something. Even with the spare parts. Left over white part to make whites, left over black part to make blacks and a mixture of both to make Pandas and zebras

Spotted this:

edit on 22-7-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I have more than proved the Chimp uses a spoon. If you cannot accept hard evidence the go in ignorance
And I allready posted an article clearly showing that chimps don't use spoons and in fact that the stick has no scoop or scooping ability. This was proven as the ants were said to walk onto the stick. Your being dishonest.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

B: the article posted, several times states they don't know yet and those temperatures are educated guesses depending on mass and atmosphere.

If the atmosphere provides a greenhouse effect similar in magnitude to the one on Earth, the planet would have an average surface temperature of 22 °C (72°F).

Kepler 22b

It is not for sure, they are estimating based on the possibility of the palnet being simular to earth.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

well, black people are from a different planet....lol. Does this mean there is a planet black, planet asian, and planet white. I curious as whether or not the bushman /native/ aboriginals have their own planet too, what about latinos where do they fit into the picture??
I wasn't awre you had single handedly proven or disproven this theory.

Why is our DNA identical if we didn't evolve together? I'm going to guess that tooth reply will be that the "aliens" first seeded individual planet from spare parts and then brought all here together to observe.
Actually your wrong, in fact I just watched an episode of Solved last night where DNA was used to narrow down a suspect and the DNA proved to be from a 72% chance of being a black male. So your wrong, the DNA is different.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is one of my all time favorite videos..
Ravens using cars and traffic lights to crack nuts!

Not sure if this crow made the hook.

These crows are observed trimming the twig and leaving a hook to get the treat.

Crow correctly using 3 tools in sequence without training.

And this one is just funny.

It's safe to say I love modern dinosaurs

edit on 22-7-2012 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

If the atmosphere provides a greenhouse effect similar in magnitude to the one on Earth, the planet would have an average surface temperature of 22 °C (72°F).

Kepler 22b

It is not for sure, they are estimating based on the possibility of the palnet being simular to earth.

The average temperature on Kepler 22 is what again? Can you calculate averages?

So your original claim is completely false. Correct?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

I wasn't awre you had single handedly proven or disproven this theory.

Actually your wrong, in fact I just watched an episode of Solved last night where DNA was used to narrow down a suspect and the DNA proved to be from a 72% chance of being a black male. So your wrong, the DNA is different.

Yes an episode of Solved is your best source
. They are talking about a 72% chance of the human variable. Meaning.....the suspect is 100% human and 72% likely a black male. Can you not understand what this actually means?

Humans are 100% genetically identical in DNA compared to other species, except for appearance and genetic defects which actually accounts for a very small difference....ie. .5% of our entire make up which is influenced by environment and parentage.. If your claim, that anyone with different DNA sequences are from a different planet is true, you would have to have a different planet for every variation....i.e. genetic heart disease, hair color, eye color, diabetes, height, weight, etc.

Every human on earth can be genetically traced back to common ancestry.

There...I admitted a slight mistake or more to the point, explained it to you with kid gloves. What is the average temperature on Kepler 22? Can you admit your mistake? I have a feeling that you can't.....

~ETA~

Actually I wrong yet again...it is only a .01% in appearance.....

Since the 1960's a majority of scientists have come to understand the concept of race as a social construct mapped on to phenotypes in different culturally determined ways, and not as a biological concept. A 2000 study by Celera Genomics found that human beings largely have similar genetic input, and that citizens of any given village in the world, whether in Scotland or Tanzania, hold 90 percent of the genetic variability that humanity has to offer. The study found only .01% of genes account for a person's external appearance.[14] Biological adaptation also plays a role in phenotype of bodily features and skin type. According to Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza, "Skin color and body size are less subject to genetic influence since they are also affected by exposure to the sun and diet, but there is always a hereditary component that can be quite important."[15]

wiki

edit on 22-7-2012 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Stupid , stupid crows...learning to manipulate their environment...redundant adaptation at it's best. They're definitely not from here!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Oh man.... I forgot about that one, thanks! ☆
That raven is clearly just having fun sledding.

These New Caledonian crows are being observed using a twig like skewer to spear beetle larvae for a yummy target food treat.

edit on 22-7-2012 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to colin42:
Yes I can prove evolution wrong.
There are no trans species in the fossile record.
Done in 1.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luminaught
reply to colin42:
Done in 1.

LOL! Good choice for avatar

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

reply to colin42:
Done in 1.

LOL! Good choice for avatar

Avatar from the 1932 movie Freaks I'm guessing

imdb

Good movie..check it out.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I will make this simple..

The simple fact that DNA is never duplicated without error in the reproduction processes of a species guarantees evolution as a fact. Such errors over time will accumulate and result in what evolution is.. There is no debate regarding this as this is a simple fact to which most Creationists don't seem comprehend. And never mind that evolutionary processes play a huge role in modern medicine and actually have practical application to the real world. And if a creationist can't comprehend that micro-evolution is the same as macro in terms of process, then they are either uneducated, or intentionally being dishonest and ignorant for sake of protecting their fragile belief system.

Done in 1.

Not only is this wrong, it's trying to play GOD of the Gaps argument with the fossil record. And btw, the fossil record in modern science is entirely irrelevant to proving evolution as a fact. We don't even require the fossil record what-so-ever to demonstrate evolution as a fact... You should watch a few videos on "Why do creationists get laughed at".. Or try actually spending some time studying the subject. Maybe even poke your nose into Nature the online journal regarding evolutionary science..

edit on 22-7-2012 by TheJackelantern because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2012 by TheJackelantern because: fixed quote error

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Reply to flyingfish:
Thank you. I think when people see what an intellectual I am by my avatar they automatically agree with me, just to keep me from biting them.
Kampai
Luminut

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Reply to flyingfish:
Thank you. I think when people see what an intellectual I am by my avatar they automatically agree with me, just to keep me from biting them.
Kampai
Luminut

I don't think you noticed the sarcasm regarding "luminaught".. As in, not enlightened. And clearly no intellectual argument have you put forth yet. :/
edit on 22-7-2012 by TheJackelantern because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to TheJackelantern.
I'm not a religous kind of guy but I think we are a modified creature, not an evolved thing. I don't understand why humans have some DNA which is not shared by any other creature. Please give an example of a trans species, not just a claim of incrementalism, unless you can demonstrate this most basic of evidence I'm afraid I'll have to keep thinking Darwin wasn't exactly right, nor are creationists, We are far too mysterious for that. I do hold a degree in Cultural Anthopology, but I'm not an expert on the way species developed. Just one cat with wings would work just dandy, or even an ape driving a Mercedes and wearing a Rolex, oh I know, a single celled creature whose turgor pressure endurance has changed, that would be pretty easy, just one cell in all of time.
I do know that DNA is sometimes damaged, but that isn't evolution, that is a birth defect, which would be selected out. what is it 223 gene pairs we do not share with any other creature? I know, get the testimony of one single Mitochondria, but know this, Mitochondria are pretty picky about their instructions, but one shouldn't be too hard. Mutants are not evolution, mutants are damaged instruction sets. BTW please try to give a true example of a trans species fossil, just one okay? Not attacks based on some kind of rationalisation which when examined is nothing more than hyperbole. Here's one maybe! How come Goofy (a dog) has a dog named Pluto, is this evolution or slavery?
Your call, if you figure out one fossile of a trans species please U2U me about it, because I honestly don't believe you can, and it really doesn't matter to me, I'm an old guy and I've looked at a bunch of fossils, even have quite a collection, some of the critters are extinct, but they didn't turn into other things, they just died out. I'd especially like for you to show the 223 gene pairs unique to humans in any other thing on earth. Not just argument, we need a true example to certify you as being correct, you have so far offered nothing more than canned arguments based on your mistaken belief that I think some hairy thunderer made everything. Rote recital does not win arguments and frankly you seem not to have offered anything but fluff, sorry, I win.

new topics

top topics

<< 469  470  471    473  474  475 >>

join