It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 466
<< 463  464  465    467  468  469 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

No wonder tooth is confused if he takes Onion clips seriously
That would be bat crazy, like I just stated, I know that the onion is not real.
Let's analize your original reply shall we.

It's to bad that the author in your video never knew what significance they have in our kingdom.
1. The guy was an actor not an author.
2. Why would you expect a parody of morning programming to present this subject seriously?
3. You did not get the joke
4. I thought Spokane was in the USA which is a Union with a President not a Kingdom with a Monarch.

Tooth confession is good for the soul. Fess up. You obviously thought it was real

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

It's a fact that the mechanics of the food we eat require us to use some utensils. Most of the time a fork is required to cut up food into bite sized portions.

Do you? I use a knife to cut mine and hold it with the fork
I do too, but are you missing the point?
If its the better gene that wins, I want to know what got replaced and why. You see we have neither answer to both which is a heads up again, that we aren't from here. If we just had the answer to one, I would be wrong, but we don't. We don't know why we decided to pick up utensils, and the fact is that the only reason that would have happened is because it was supposedly better in some way. Well better to eat the food we are eating, that is a no brainer, but there had to be some other underlying reason.

I'm not sure if hygene plays a role all of the time but we usually do cook or burn food to the point of making sure that everything about it is dead as to not pass on the possibility of infection.

We cook food for many reasons. To kill bacteria. To cause chemical change te enhance taste or make more digestible. To prolong storage life of the food
Which is dead on again, but the problem is that why are going though the steps we are to just have food to eat? Cooking food to kill bacteria, why, other animals don't cook food, why do we get so sick from eating it like they do? It's another clue that its not our food.

I'm starting with the idea that we share a common ancestor (the ape) that doesn't use any utensils to eat.

What tripe and tripe you repeat when a 2 second search would show you are wrong. Chimps using tools The chimps in this case are using a stick as we use a spoon. There are countless other examples and not just limited to primates so you base everything on a concept easily shown wrong and backed up with evidence
There is a big difference between a stick and a fork. And if we only used sticks to eat, I would have much less of an argument here. Even in asian food they still use larger utensils to prepare food, while they use sticks to eat with. I'm talking about the use of any advanced metal utensils.

We allegedly share a common ancestor yet we share nothing with him, down to the eating habbits.

You know, you repeat this nonsense ignoring all the things that show we have more in common with other primates than any other creatures on this planet. The only reason you continue to deny the multitude of common traits, habits and interaction with each other and our environment is because each time it shows how wrong you are. It's called DENIAL.
On a very rare occasion apes will use a stick to eat with. On a very common occasion humans will almost always use metal utensils to prepare and eat food with. There is a big difference here.

On the other note, about hygene, why would hygene be a problem when its suppose to be our food to begin with.

Because it is also the food of other things we call bacteria. Because the world we live in is full of bacteria. How can you not know this?
But its perfectly fine for those same rules to not apply to the other life that doesn't use utensils.

We should be able to use our hands with no implications.

We directly interact with the world around us with our hands which is why you mother tells you or at least should have told you to wash your hands before meals
Exactly and why should we, as other species don't? We are not equal by any means, do you not see this?

If your still going on the mind set that food isn't that technical and we are suppose to just eat what ever we can, then you have to ask yourself why it is that other animals don't usually need utensils to eat, and why they never developed such things, like we have.

Apart from all the animals that do you mean Your reasoning above, and I use that term very loosely is something I would only expect an infant to ask and even then I would ask it to think about it, use its eyes and tell me its answer
There is only one obvious answer, we are prepareing to eat food that wasn't intended for us to eat.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by moonlightpale

Wont argue with what you wrote as it mainly concerns creation. A subject evolution does not and cannot answer. As you say that's anyones guess but I think science is narrowing by iliminating what it is not.

A star for you

*Edit: We should be less concerned about how we got here and where we came from and more concerned about where we are going.
To me evolution shows all life is important, related and inter dependant which is something we should consider before we employ hatred, greed and destruction.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

2. Why would you expect a parody of morning programming to present this subject seriously?
4. I thought Spokane was in the USA which is a Union with a President not a Kingdom with a Monarch.
I'm referring to an animal kingdom not a political one.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Intervention agrees with just about everything, from what I can tell, except evolution.

The fact is there is no way we could have evolved here, if we aren't from here.

But what if that is exactly why 'evolution' happened? Let's say we weren't originally from Earth, but brought here thousands of years ago. There is a good chance that even though we could have survived on this planet, there were things about us that weren't perfectly suited for us here. Like maybe where we originally came from had more water, so we needed to adapt to more land. Or the diet was different so we adapted to the new one. Maybe it was colder on that planet than on Earth so we started shedding hair. Etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

I am not going to quote that nonsense but I do have a question from it.

Humans sweat in the heat and shiver in the cold. Let's just say for one moment we are not from here. Our reaction to hot and cold is hardwired and means this would also be the case anywhere in the universe even our home planet.

This being the case no matter where I was in the universe I would wear clothes to keep me warm. A hat to keep the sun off my head.

We are also hard wired to tan. It is a reaction to UVA radiation that is common to all suns. Anywhere in the universe we would burn in strong sunlight and our reaction to hot and cold shows where we come from has those conditions.

Tell me why I am wrong?

There is a big difference between a stick and a fork.
There is no difference if you use either to do the same job and it is capable of doing the same job.

And if we only used sticks to eat, I would have much less of an argument here.
Didnt I mention chop sticks?

Even in asian food they still use larger utensils to prepare food, while they use sticks to eat with.
Asian
Do you know what a varied group that is? We use cups to drink liquids from. Why do you think we do that?

I'm talking about the use of any advanced metal utensils.
Nope you are talking ignorant rubbish.

On a very rare occasion apes will use a stick to eat with. On a very common occasion humans will almost always use metal utensils to prepare and eat food with. There is a big difference here.
Nope. Chimps use sticks to eat ants often and has been documented many times. Some human societies forgo the use of knives and forks and use fingers most if not all the time. Your sweeping statements as usual are just based on your ignorance, fantasy and to maintain your delusion.

But its perfectly fine for those same rules to not apply to the other life that doesn't use utensils.
More ignorance based opinion. All life is prone to infection even the bacteria that causes it. Dude you need to get an education.

Exactly and why should we, as other species don't? We are not equal by any means, do you not see this?
Why shouldn’t we?

There is only one obvious answer, we are prepareing to eat food that wasn't intended for us to eat.
Show me your evidence not your opinion.

BTW if you intend to rehash your thread Whats for dinner? I suggest you do it there (Skunk works again
). This is about explaining the diversity we see today without refering to evolution

edit on 17-7-2012 by colin42 because: whats for dinner?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

I see you are not referring to point 1, 2 or 3

Edit:

It's to bad that the author in your video never knew what significance they have in our kingdom.
You wrote 'Our kingdom'. Explain

edit on 17-7-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

But what if that is exactly why 'evolution' happened? Let's say we weren't originally from Earth, but brought here thousands of years ago. There is a good chance that even though we could have survived on this planet, there were things about us that weren't perfectly suited for us here. Like maybe where we originally came from had more water, so we needed to adapt to more land. Or the diet was different so we adapted to the new one. Maybe it was colder on that planet than on Earth so we started shedding hair. Etc.
I have strong reasons to believe that each species comes into existance with the idea of a well fitting planet. This is NOT the case for humans and earth. Humans do not fit on this planet in any shape or form.

There is nothing that ties us to this planet and we don't even have any of our intended food here to eat. A fitted planet would be more accomodating. Check out how well the anteater fits in with his surroundings, and compare that to humans.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I am not going to quote that nonsense but I do have a question from it.

Humans sweat in the heat and shiver in the cold. Let's just say for one moment we are not from here. Our reaction to hot and cold is hardwired and means this would also be the case anywhere in the universe even our home planet
Well the fact that we shiver in the cold could just be a reaction, sweating could also be a reaction but then why would we have sweat glands. At the same time, that in itsef is not proof that we are supposed to sweat as much as we do here.

All in all it is possible that we are not supposed to be exposed to the extreme elements like we endure here on earth. I don't know of a single person that likes it when its to hot, or when its to cold, the planet goes into extremes for our species.

This being the case no matter where I was in the universe I would wear clothes to keep me warm. A hat to keep the sun off my head.
Well your assuming that these other planets exibit the harse differences in temperature like earth does, which has allready been proven false. Just recently as a matter of fact, a planet was found (keplar 22b) that holds a very close 72 ferinheight. Not that this means its our home planet but just goes to show there are other places that might be able to better accomodate us.

We are also hard wired to tan. It is a reaction to UVA radiation that is common to all suns. Anywhere in the universe we would burn in strong sunlight and our reaction to hot and cold shows where we come from has those conditions.

Tell me why I am wrong?
Tanning could be an inadvertant reaction to extreme sun exposure. I choose to not go out in the sun, and if I do for any fair period I have to wear sun protection. Skin cancer is very serious and sun protection is a very big market on our planet. Granted we tan when we get burned, but what doesn't. You can burn just about anything.

There is a big difference between a stick and a fork.

There is no difference if you use either to do the same job and it is capable of doing the same job.
I'm not aware of apes using sticks to eat, to the degree that we do forks, spoons, knives.

And if we only used sticks to eat, I would have much less of an argument here.

Didnt I mention chop sticks?
You did, but like I was saying, in the kitchen where the food was being prepared, they were using some heavy duty utensils.

Even in asian food they still use larger utensils to prepare food, while they use sticks to eat with.

Asian Do you know what a varied group that is? We use cups to drink liquids from. Why do you think we do that?
Probably because the liquids we have adopted for need, are easier consumable through a cup. On our home planet, I'm sure cups are not needed. Liquids, if there is more than water, would be accesable without cups.

Nope. Chimps use sticks to eat ants often and has been documented many times. Some human societies forgo the use of knives and forks and use fingers most if not all the time. Your sweeping statements as usual are just based on your ignorance, fantasy and to maintain your delusion.
There is still a very big difference between the two examples. Comparing apes using sticks to pick up ants, in comparison to us manufacturing and utilizing metal cutlery is way off.

More ignorance based opinion. All life is prone to infection even the bacteria that causes it. Dude you need to get an education
And on a rare occasion, you are correct, which most of this stems from our planet being out of balance. I doubt very seriously their lives would be structured aroung the idea of going around and taking chances on getting parasites. You have to remember that a lot of things that are on this planet, are not from here, and it really screwed up this planet.

Why shouldn’t we?
We don't exist on this planet thorugh equal means like the rest of the life here.

BTW if you intend to rehash your thread Whats for dinner? I suggest you do it there (Skunk works again ). This is about explaining the diversity we see today without refering to evolution
And this explains it in a plethora of

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

BTW if you intend to rehash your thread Whats for dinner? I suggest you do it there (Skunk works again ). This is about explaining the diversity we see today without refering to evolution

Just remember when you doubt all this, that WE are the ones going out of our way to create tools to eat, and they are metal high tech tools at that, not sticks.
We are the ones that have to cook our food to kill everything to make sure we don't get sick.
We are the ones that have to process and package food to make sure that we have something to eat tomorrow.
We are the ones that have to ship food all over creation to make sure that everyone has access to it.

NOT the other life here. We don't belong.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I was making a comparison with the other life here, so I used the kingdom, not politics.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonlightpale

Intervention agrees with just about everything, from what I can tell, except evolution.

The fact is there is no way we could have evolved here, if we aren't from here.

Ok...Hands up...How many people cheked the "registered date" when reading this post?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

reply to post by colin42

I see you are not referring to point 1, 2 or 3

Edit:

You wrote 'Our kingdom'. Explain

edit on 17-7-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

I see what you did.......niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Well the fact that we shiver in the cold could just be a reaction, sweating could also be a reaction but then why would we have sweat glands. At the same time, that in itsef is not proof that we are supposed to sweat as much as we do here.
Of course it is a reaction. Of course we have sweat glands. It's how we deal with heat, we sweat. Dogs pant. How do you know we did not sweat more elsewhere? Shiver more elsewhere?

All in all it is possible that we are not supposed to be exposed to the extreme elements like we endure here on earth.
The point is we shiver or sweat in response to cold or heat. The fact we do this if your fantasy has any basis in reality means we did this on home planet. Even you cannot argue that and maintain any semblance of honesty.

I don't know of a single person that likes it when its to hot, or when its to cold, the planet goes into extremes for our species.
I love the cold. Prefer it to the heat any day. My wife loves the heat. So now you have met two people that either love the cold or the heat.

Well your assuming that these other planets exibit the harse differences in temperature like earth does, which has allready been proven false.
Nope. I am saying that where ever we came from due to the fact we shiver when cold or sweat when hot must have variable weather conditions.

Just recently as a matter of fact, a planet was found (keplar 22b) that holds a very close 72 ferinheight. Not that this means its our home planet but just goes to show there are other places that might be able to better accomodate
Again you have been caught cherry picking your information for no reason at all other than you love dishonesty. Keplar 22b

1. In the absence of an atmosphere, the equilibrium temperature would be approximately -11°C.
2. If the atmosphere provides a greenhouse effect similar in magnitude to the one on Earth, the planet would have an average surface temperature of 22 °C (72°F).[8][7]
3. If the atmosphere has a greenhouse effect similar in magnitude to the one on Venus, the planet would have an average surface temperature of 460 °C (860°F).
So why did you you claim it was a matter of fact that the tempreature was a constant 72 degrees and ignore the other guesses?

Tanning could be an inadvertant reaction to extreme sun exposure.
We know the process. We know the cause. There is nothing inadvertent about it. It is for you uncomfortable because again it shows where ever we came from this is a reaction we have to lessen damage from UVA.

I choose to not go out in the sun, and if I do for any fair period I have to wear sun protection. Skin cancer is very serious and sun protection is a very big market on our planet.
Yes I get you don’t get out much and how scared you are of the world you live in. It is why you have concocted your nonsense fantasy. What you may not be aware of we need sunlight to produce vitamin D3 and that would also be the case whatever the world we came from.

As usual you have not answered my question so I will ask it again. Tell me where I am wrong.

I'm not aware of apes using sticks to eat, to the degree that we do forks, spoons, knives.
You wrote no other animals use things to eat with. So now you move the goal posts. You just cannot enter into an honest 2 way debate can you?

You did, but like I was saying, in the kitchen where the food was being prepared, they were using some heavy duty utensils.
So what?

Probably because the liquids we have adopted for need, are easier consumable through a cup.
So you have answered your own questions.

On our home planet, I'm sure cups are not needed. Liquids, if there is more than water, would be accesable without cups.
Explain how that works

There is still a very big difference between the two examples. Comparing apes using sticks to pick up ants, in comparison to us manufacturing and utilizing metal cutlery is way off.
It is the same with any post you make blind denial. The Chimp will select the stick it uses. Shape it and test it until it works as he wants it too. So he manufactures the stick and uses it as we would a spoon.

And on a rare occasion, you are correct, which most of this stems from our planet being out of balance.
Show evidence of that.

I doubt very seriously their lives would be structured aroung the idea of going around and taking chances on getting parasites.
All animals suffer from ticks, fleas and parasites. You don’t have to take my word for it. Use google.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You have to remember that a lot of things that are on this planet, are not from here, and it really screwed up this planet.
List them. You have identified humans you should be able to apply the same (cough) logic to these other things.

We don't exist on this planet thorugh equal means like the rest of the life here.
Nope. We give our self advantage by using our intelligence and tools.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Just remember when you doubt all this, that WE are the ones going out of our way to create tools to eat, and they are metal high tech tools at that, not sticks.
We don’t go out of our way. We invent better more productive and safer ways.

We are the ones that have to cook our food to kill everything to make sure we don't get sick.
We don’t cook salad. We don’t cook sushi. There are hundreds of food items we don’t cook. I listed why we do cook address those. We also cook for pleasure. Is there anything in this world that does not scare you?

We are the ones that have to process and package food to make sure that we have something to eat tomorrow.
Yes. Just as ants, bee's, and beavers do to name a few.

We are the ones that have to ship food all over creation to make sure that everyone has access to it.
We don’t have to. We can and do for profit but we certainly don’t ensure we do and those starving to death will attest to that.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

I was making a comparison with the other life here, so I used the kingdom, not politics.
Nope you clearly wrote 'OUR kingdom'. Even with your limited use of language given your home spun religion that definitely was a slip up

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

So let's recap

Things that logic say's must be common to both Earth and this mythical planet

So far things you cannot explain.

1. Shivering (hard wired)
2. Sweating (Hard wired)
3. Tanning (hard wired)
4. Production of Vitamin D3 via exposure to sunlight. (Essential and also hard wired)

So you still have these points to address. Failure to do so means automatic loss.

Now let's look at this utopia planet. We need only reach out and perfect food is at hand. Open our mouth when thirsty and are instantly quenched by perfect liquid. We have no disease because well, everything is perfect

1. Explain why we have an immune system? (hard wired) It was certainly not needed in utopia.

2. Our iris opens and closes when exposed to low and high levels of light also indicating a varying degree of light from the local sun. Why?

3. Like all other animals on THIS planet we have an innate instinct when faced with danger the term 'fight or flight'. This is deeply ingrained and is not a conscious reaction. Why would we have this on a planet with no threat because we must of had it already if we do not evolve and as you maintain it would take billions of years if we could?

4. It is our nature to be inquisitive. Coming from a planet where everything is at hand and perfect. How did that come about?

5. Once we have suffered an infection we produce antibodies. If we came from utopia where this is not needed, why do we have this ability?

Again I remind you that the claim we are not from here is yours. The questions are mine. You need to provide more than just your opinion which on its own will not be accepted. Show supporting evidence.

edit on 17-7-2012 by colin42 because: format change

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Inventions are forms of adaptation, we only make them, as we need them to survive on a planet that wasn't made for us.

You are wrong Itsthetooth. This is the definition of adaptation: (dictionary.reference.com...)

ad·ap·ta·tion    [ad-uhp-tey-shuhn] Show IPA noun
1. the act of adapting.
2. the state of being adapted; adjustment.
3. something produced by adapting: an adaptation of a play for television.
4. Biology . a. any alteration in the structure or function of an organism or any of its parts that results from natural selection and by which the organism becomes better fitted to survive and multiply in its environment. b. a form or structure modified to fit a changed environment. c. the ability of a species to survive in a particular ecological niche, especially because of alterations of form or behavior brought about through natural selection.
5. Physiology . the decrease in response of sensory receptor organs, as those of vision, touch, temperature, olfaction, audition, and pain, to changed, constantly applied, environmental conditions.

Until you stop confusing inventions with the biological definition of adaptation you are never going to understand why your ideas are wrong.

I need to address this as I failed to do so for Colin. There is no reason to EVER adapt when one has evolved.

Here are three reasons why we why:
1) Using inventions to adapt is faster
2) Using inventions to adapt is easier
3) Using inventions to adapt can be better

Example: Ancestral man lives in the middle east. However, the area has reached its carrying capacity, and there isn't enough food for the human population to increase further. There is more food in Europe but its too cold. So Ancestral man pushes north anyway, and freeze to death. They could continue pushing, and dying for tens of thousands of years until they evolve enough body hair to survive the cold. Or they could invent coats, and wear them. So man's ancestors who migrated to Europe used many inventions to help them adapt to the colder environment like heavier clothing, foot coverings, flints, etc. Over time they also adapted to the cold environment with shorter, stockier bodies and extremities, increased development of fat around vital organs for insulation, and stubbier extremities like fingers and toes which are less prone to frostbite.

Once we evolved the ability to invent things to help us adapt to new environments and acquire more and different resources, there was no reason not to do so.

Anytime that we have to redundantly adapt, its proof that something is not right. We shouldn't have to go through such lenghts. This isn't an issue of life being hard, or me being lazy, what this all does is place more work and burden on us to achieve something that we need. You can see from the wiki definitinon about evolution that adaptation is also listed in there as being a part of evolution. The fact is that is false. If evolution were present we wouldn't have to adapt, because things would be getting changed on a molecular level to support the efforts. So either there is no evolution, or we only have the ability to adapt because evolution failed us.

This is entirely wrong and based on your misconceptions and understandings. Recall that our ancestors survived, acquiring all they needed before they started inventing things. We did not suddenly start doing more work and burdening ourselves to achieve the same result. We affected changes which allowed us to do things we could not do before; live in new areas, support a higher population, live longer, live in one place, etc. We don't have to cook our meat, but there are advantages to doing so. It is easier to digest the meat, it kills many germs so we get sick less often, it kills many parasites so we are healthier, it tastes better. (And before you mention that we get sick more often than other animals, keep in mind that many of our lifestyle choices make us more vulnerable to illness instead of less; everything from or high population density to our habit of traveling around the world spreading new and unfamiliar germs.)
Redundant adaptation doesn't exist, you made it up. Inventions are not adaptations. There's always a reason for inventions, even if that reason was only curiosity. Evolution is still present, and biological adaptations are a part of it. I can't see how you can say that evolution failed us; when we evolved the ability to invent, we became the most adaptable creatures on the planet.

The question is more about why would, we or should we need them at all. Other animals don't use utensils to eat.

Strictly speaking, we don't need them. Some people don't use them. But most of us find them vastly more convenient and helpful than just using our hands.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Of course it is a reaction. Of course we have sweat glands. It's how we deal with heat, we sweat. Dogs pant. How do you know we did not sweat more elsewhere? Shiver more elsewhere?
A planet intended for us, would be more accomodating. We would not have the harsh elements like we do here. I can't think of a single person that I know, that would claim they like harsh elements.

All in all it is possible that we are not supposed to be exposed to the extreme elements like we endure here on earth.

The point is we shiver or sweat in response to cold or heat. The fact we do this if your fantasy has any basis in reality means we did this on home planet. Even you cannot argue that and maintain any semblance of honesty
It's a hard subject to try to prove, but what I will say is that it's possible we have sweat glands for when we work out and are getting hotter even though it might be a cool 72F. Shivering in the cold could just be the body breaking down, its not suppose to happen.

I don't know of a single person that likes it when its to hot, or when its to cold, the planet goes into extremes for our species.

I love the cold. Prefer it to the heat any day. My wife loves the heat. So now you have met two people that either love the cold or the heat
I prefer the cold as well but you have to remember that 65F is way differenct then say -30F which I have also been in.

Well your assuming that these other planets exibit the harse differences in temperature like earth does, which has allready been proven false.

Nope. I am saying that where ever we came from due to the fact we shiver when cold or sweat when hot must have variable weather conditions.
I think some of your idea can be skewed by some other things changing. For example if its 72F and windy and your just getting out of the water, you might shiver. It could also be 72F but if your working out, find yourself sweating.

Just recently as a matter of fact, a planet was found (keplar 22b) that holds a very close 72 ferinheight. Not that this means its our home planet but just goes to show there are other places that might be able to better accomodate

Again you have been caught cherry picking your information for no reason at all other than you love dishonesty. Keplar 22b
1. In the absence of an atmosphere, the equilibrium temperature would be approximately -11°C.
2. If the atmosphere provides a greenhouse effect similar in magnitude to the one on Earth, the planet would have an average surface temperature of 22 °C (72°F).[8][7]
3. If the atmosphere has a greenhouse effect similar in magnitude to the one on Venus, the planet would have an average surface temperature of 460 °C (860°F).
Ya they don't have any way to confirm it, but everything I read indicates they are pretty sure its a constant 72F.

The planet color definatly doesn't refelect it being 860F, thats for sure.

So why did you you claim it was a matter of fact that the tempreature was a constant 72 degrees and ignore the other guesses?
The article I read long ago claimed they were pretty sure. It's also not the only planet, we have found a few planets that look like they could be a better fit for our temperature needs.

Whats with the big fight about it? Are you shocked at the possibility that there could be a more fitting planet for us?

Tanning could be an inadvertant reaction to extreme sun exposure.

We know the process. We know the cause. There is nothing inadvertent about it. It is for you uncomfortable because again it shows where ever we came from this is a reaction we have to lessen damage from UVA
It's a good observation, I'm just not sure if I would agree that it means its supposed to happen. As an example if I take a hammer and hammer my big toe, it puffs up to offer a soon would be blister and calus, I don't however think that its proof that I'm suppose to hit my big toe with a hammer.

I choose to not go out in the sun, and if I do for any fair period I have to wear sun protection. Skin cancer is very serious and sun protection is a very big market on our planet.

Yes I get you don’t get out much and how scared you are of the world you live in. It is why you have concocted your nonsense fantasy. What you may not be aware of we need sunlight to produce vitamin D3 and that would also be the case whatever the world we came from.

As usual you have not answered my question so I will ask it again. Tell me where I am wrong.
Where yo

top topics

<< 463  464  465    467  468  469 >>

join