It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 455
<< 452  453  454    456  457  458 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

That article didn't mention the pre-existing variation in the nucleotides of tests subjects just like when someone records a record they don't outline the entire physics behind the vibration of sound. People vary in nucleotides at any given locus. This is how life works. Because of this, people respond differently to different things one may encounter. Again, this is how life works.

You obviously don't know how evolution works and don't want to know how it works because it destroys your crazy little world view. Dozens of posters over 457 pages of threads have explained to you on more than one occasion what evolution is.

Is it really necessary to explain to you how new life is created? Well, when a girl and a boy really like each other, or they get really drunk, ...

just google "how babies are made." Magic aliens aren't guiding the movements of your sex organs or sex cells.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

I didnt say you were gullable (you are, but i didnt say that....hmmmmmmmmm)

What I was alluding to was that you appear to treat opinions that support your belifs with greater weight than those that oppose it regardless of the veracity of the source.
Just like religion, and evolution, Intervention is hard to prove.

As far as I'm concearned, its a done deal. Once Pye came out with proof that our DNA shows signs of alterations, how the hell did that happen. Well evolutionists claim evolution can do this, but of course religion is lost in the truth of what it means.

Someone screwed with our DNA, and its apparent in about 3 different ways. First is six sections that were removed, inverted, and reinserted, Second there are sections of dormant DNA AKA junk DNA which I believe are disabled powers. There is much to support this idea as well. Third is that we have way more our share of genetic defects by comparison to other life. It's like someone screwed us up on purpose. Now Pye believes that these defects are a direct result of our species being engineered, which is possible. I believe that we just found out exactly how god carried out all of his horrible punisments on us, which were also said to be transfered into all of our offspring.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I need to post and say... You guys have so much patience with tooth even when he just keep preaching his nonsense non stop.... Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster

edit on 9/7/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Let me ask you some questions about the posibility of us having disabled powers?

Do you believe that our brain is working at its proper capacity?
What proof do you have that tells us your correct?
Have you ever heard of the 10% brain myth?

Honestly what type of a comparison test could we come up with to say for sure that we are opperating correctly?
Even odder, you should take a look at the wiki for the 10% brain myth...

10% brain myth

Notice how they are sure its just a myth, yet they turn around and indicate that we in fact know very little about the brain. Did you also notice how they never gave conclusive evidence that proved it to be a myth to began with?
The people I have dealth with on this thread would jump at this point to claim that its obviously a myth, but I smell something fishy about the whole deal, and before I jump the other direction I'm going to look deeper into this.

Behold the Savant. a type of autistic person that will have some special abilitys and usually have some negative affects to go along with them. However on a rare occasion the person can have the gift, without the defects. They still call that a disability BTW. Anyhow this right here is proof that the brain can work much better than we think it can. The fact is that these special abilitys go way above and beyond the spectrum of just knowing how to do something without any experience.

So the savant proves the brain is capeable of much more. This is a scientific fact, your welcome to read it for yourself...
savant

So if the brain can work better than we realize it's capable of doing, there is only one reason how this can happen, because it can. It looks like the 10% brain myth is busted, but thats no shocker it looked like they were pretty unsure out of the box.

There are some places in the bible that speak about us having powers as well...
This is a good page to save as it has a couple of good points on it...
Earth is not our home

Verse three points to the basis of this “blind faith” – and tempts me into a discursus on “intelligent design.” It reads, “By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.” In other words, what you see ain’t all we got. There is more to life and this world than mortar and wood and nails, more than DNA and atoms and particles, there is supernatural intention, design, and purpose. And that supernatural intention, design, and purpose belong to God!

With some slight translation error it is possible that they are telling us that WE are in fact missing our powers, as god has taken them. From what I can figure out, the first punishment in genesis where we are punished for eating the fruit, could be the removal of our very own telepathy. :Listening to his wife, god would create the ideal punishment, make it harder for them to communicate by removing the ability of telepathy, as its written this would place great impunity between them.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Notice how they are sure its just a myth, yet they turn around and indicate that we in fact know very little about the brain.

We also don't understand everything about gravity, yet we KNOW stuff falls down if you drop it...just like we know the 10% brain myth is COMPLETE AND UTTER NONSENSE

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Let me ask you some questions about the posibility of us having disabled powers?
Let me ask you one. You have already tried this nonsense out. You had everyone’s answers and you chose to reject them without any reasoned argument or supporting evidence.

The only reason for your unsupported dismissals was because no one would agree with your claims of ‘god did it’ and ‘we are not from here’. Nothing has changed.

So if you want to discuss this, or in your case give a sermon on your nonsense fantasies go start a thread on it. Oh look you did .... it is in skunk works Is it possible we have disabled powers

So I am sure if people on this thread about discussing alternatives to explain diversity wish to discuss your nonsense there is a place in skunk works that is forever yours. Do it there.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Itsthetooth, this is not kindergarten. You can't discount facts you disagree with, pretend you're right when you contradict yourself, or expect people to go along with whatever crazy bologna you can make up.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
I need to post and say... You guys have so much patience with tooth even when he just keep preaching his nonsense non stop.... Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster

edit on 9/7/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

Colin's a saint. I couldn't take it anymore.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

We also don't understand everything about gravity, yet we KNOW stuff falls down if you drop it...just like we know the 10% brain myth is COMPLETE AND UTTER NONSENSE
Thats a good example, we know nothing about what causes gravity to work, or whats behind it, or how its allowed to work.

If your referring to evolution working, I still haven't read anything that proves that it is really happening. We can assume its because of evolution but nothing proves that it is. It's the same way with gravity, things fall, we assume its from gravity, but we honestly don't know, so we assume, and thats the best we can do at this point. For all we know the sun is responsible for gravity.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Let me ask you one. You have already tried this nonsense out. You had everyone’s answers and you chose to reject them without any reasoned argument or supporting evidence.

The only reason for your unsupported dismissals was because no one would agree with your claims of ‘god did it’ and ‘we are not from here’. Nothing has changed.

So if you want to discuss this, or in your case give a sermon on your nonsense fantasies go start a thread on it. Oh look you did .... it is in skunk works Is it possible we have disabled powers

So I am sure if people on this thread about discussing alternatives to explain diversity wish to discuss your nonsense there is a place in skunk works that is forever yours. Do it there.
True but this is a small part of a much larger picture that IMO proves we couldn't have evolved here on earth.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mastermindkar

Itsthetooth, this is not kindergarten. You can't discount facts you disagree with, pretend you're right when you contradict yourself, or expect people to go along with whatever crazy bologna you can make up.
Who says I'm making anything up, there is supporting reasons for everything. OMG.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

We know basically everything about how gravity works, and we have known for quite some time now, over 100 years. Its the geodesics of orbiting bodies, because space is a malleable medium. The only thing about gravity we don't know is on the subatomic level and how the spatial medium is held together. The sun doesn't cause gravity. The sun is a large body big enough to bend more space than the earth. So we orbit around the sun.

Thrice again, evolution is the differential reproductive fitnesses of chains of molecules. We know this because we see the variation of these molecules under a microscope, and can statistically evaluate their corresponding effects on different traits (i.e. ADHD). This is evolution. Its just a word to describe differential reproduction. As long as organisms have any differences in at least one nucleotide, evolution occurs, whether its random or due to selection. Humans are no different than any other organism, we are subject to the same laws of chemistry. No un-earthly being manipulated our DNA. Any given human has 3% of their DNA that more closely resembles a chimp or bonobo than another human (even your mother/father/siblings) because of recent common ancestry. This is a prevalent occurrence across the animal kingdom.

Evolution is a fact. I'm sorry it conflicts with your world view, which is obviously not based on the art of gathering evidence and assessing probability (aka science), its based on a silly imagination and wacky ideas from some blogger.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

Thats a good example, we know nothing about what causes gravity to work, or whats behind it, or how its allowed to work.

If your referring to evolution working, I still haven't read anything that proves that it is really happening. We can assume its because of evolution but nothing proves that it is. It's the same way with gravity, things fall, we assume its from gravity, but we honestly don't know, so we assume, and thats the best we can do at this point. For all we know the sun is responsible for gravity.

Oh, you have read PLENTY of proof (if you actually bothered to read our links that is)...it's just that your IGNORANCE blocks out all FACTS if they go against your silly little religion.

The one thing we do know is that the sun isn't responsible for gravity, and if you had the slightest idea about physics you'd know that.

All you accomplished in this thread is to entertain us all with STUPID and UNEDUCATED claims that have no basis in reality

PS: Writing "I have never seen any proof" doesn't change the FACT that there's plenty of proof. You might not like it, but simply ignoring facts doesn't make them go away...it just makes you look incredibly uneducated, silly, ignorant and brainwashed. It's really quite sad to see someone removed so far from reality that he comes up with comically silly ideas like you do...
edit on 10-7-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by mastermindkar

Who says I'm making anything up, there is supporting reasons for everything. OMG.

I am saying you make stuff up...mostly because you ACTUALLY DO. An example is that silly "target food" you made up...even worse, you created your own little definition for it and claim it's a prerequisite for evolution. As if a MADE UP WORD could debunk a scientific theory. Are we in kindergarden or what?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wow this thread is proof that the education system is failing...and failing hard too

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Do you believe that our brain is working at its proper capacity?
What proof do you have that tells us your correct?
Have you ever heard of the 10% brain myth?

Honestly what type of a comparison test could we come up with to say for sure that we are opperating correctly?
Even odder, you should take a look at the wiki for the 10% brain myth...

Youre realy showing your ignorance and the truth that you dont read peoples posts. We already had this discussion many, many pages ago.

I patiently explained where the 10% brain myth came from.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

We know basically everything about how gravity works, and we have known for quite some time now, over 100 years. Its the geodesics of orbiting bodies, because space is a malleable medium. The only thing about gravity we don't know is on the subatomic level and how the spatial medium is held together. The sun doesn't cause gravity. The sun is a large body big enough to bend more space than the earth. So we orbit around the sun.

Thrice again, evolution is the differential reproductive fitnesses of chains of molecules. We know this because we see the variation of these molecules under a microscope, and can statistically evaluate their corresponding effects on different traits (i.e. ADHD). This is evolution. Its just a word to describe differential reproduction. As long as organisms have any differences in at least one nucleotide, evolution occurs, whether its random or due to selection. Humans are no different than any other organism, we are subject to the same laws of chemistry. No un-earthly being manipulated our DNA. Any given human has 3% of their DNA that more closely resembles a chimp or bonobo than another human (even your mother/father/siblings) because of recent common ancestry. This is a prevalent occurrence across the animal kingdom.

Evolution is a fact. I'm sorry it conflicts with your world view, which is obviously not based on the art of gathering evidence and assessing probability (aka science), its based on a silly imagination and wacky ideas from some blogger
Then why are we never able to find any missing links to connect two species together. Why are we never seeing new species emerge, why are we never seeing the changes under a microscope.

The only thing that has been witnessed is some specieation in some aquatic life, some bacteria and some viruses, which doesn't account for all the other life that is supposedly evolving as well.

Why are we never able to pin point a breaking point in a species that determines when and what new species branched off.

We aren't able to predict changes, we aren't able to track them, it really sound more like a big magic show to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Oh, you have read PLENTY of proof (if you actually bothered to read our links that is)...it's just that your IGNORANCE blocks out all FACTS if they go against your silly little religion.
Everything I have been introduced to has made it clear that the various parts of evolution are theories and hypothesis.

The one thing we do know is that the sun isn't responsible for gravity, and if you had the slightest idea about physics you'd know that.
I know this, I was just making an unimportant example.

All you accomplished in this thread is to entertain us all with STUPID and UNEDUCATED claims that have no basis in reality
It can only look that way if you choose to ignore historic documentation and current science.

PS: Writing "I have never seen any proof" doesn't change the FACT that there's plenty of proof. You might not like it, but simply ignoring facts doesn't make them go away...it just makes you look incredibly uneducated, silly, ignorant and brainwashed. It's really quite sad to see someone removed so far from reality that he comes up with comically silly ideas like you do...
I havent even been presented with anything that claimed to be facts, and if your going by the same information that I am, it just tells me that you have decided to accept hypothesis and theories as a fact with nothing to back them up.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Then why are we never able to find any missing links to connect two species together. Why are we never seeing new species emerge, why are we never seeing the changes under a microscope.

Missing link debunked (Yes, I realize you'll just ignore that one too)

We witnessed plenty of species emerge.

As for the microscope thing...first you claim it was never witnessed under the microscope, and then you post this:

The only thing that has been witnessed is some specieation in some aquatic life, some bacteria and some viruses

Now do us all a favor and just once switch on that brain of yours. How do you think they saw those viruses and bacteria???? For crying out loud tooth, you can't be that stupid!

We aren't able to predict changes, we aren't able to track them, it really sound more like a big magic show to me.

Except, as we have proven over and over again, they are ACTIVELY APPLYING the theory in modern medicine...and they're using it to accurately (!!) predict future outcomes.

In short, as seemingly ALWAYS: You are so wrong on every account, it's almost laughable

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I am saying you make stuff up...mostly because you ACTUALLY DO. An example is that silly "target food" you made up...even worse, you created your own little definition for it and claim it's a prerequisite for evolution. As if a MADE UP WORD could debunk a scientific theory. Are we in kindergarden or what?
The made up term was only to help some of those on this thread that might have a problem understanding.

Basically the common sense of it is that all living things will have to have a food source. Now you can't argue with that, if you do then your saying that starving is natural.

The idea of life going on, regardless if you believe in evoluton or creation backfires in your face if the species has to die from starvation.

So I'm sure you will agree all life is supposed to have food.
Now if we magically evolve into a new species, we have a new problem, as we have no food to eat. All of the food on this planet is accounted for and in use. So you either have to step on the toes of another species and cause them to starve, or eat something that you were not meant to.

Its obvious that target food is the proper order of how this is supposed to work, but we don't see it all the time as our planet is not in balance.

So no a silly term may not debunk evolution, but that pesky little common sense of everything needing food does.

new topics

<< 452  453  454    456  457  458 >>

join