It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 360
<< 357  358  359    361  362  363 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

Still listing the bible as proof I see

Since you use scripture as proof, you clearly also believe in gods with elephant heads turning into fish like Hindus do. After all, if it says so in scripture is must be true....no matter if objective scientific completely debunks this

Tooth's fantasy land must be an amazing place!! Comets are a sign of god, snakes can talk, children with hydrocephalus turn into aliens, and the list goes on. It's a bit like a mix of scifi and fantasy mixed with a healthy dose of magic to "make it all work"
At the same time you have nothing to disprove any of this aside from your disbelief.

You mean apart from the fact that none of your claims are backed up by objective evidence and facts?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by HappyBunny

This isn't correct. You're not weightless. You're buoyant. The density of the human body is about that of water (coincidence? I think not!), but blow the air out of your lungs and you will sink.
Ok? And there is a world of difference?

Yes, there is.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Tooth really means, "My view of the Bible is the ultimate authority." this claim displays a great deal of arrogance, hubris, and closed-mindedness.Tooth thinks his dogma should be a standard for others, this is religious bigotry in its purest form.
It shows contempt to others who believe that God may be seen elsewhere other than in the Bible and the invalid "proofs" implied by tooth my actually push people away from the Bible.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hey Tooth

Because you keep using the Bible as the answer for everything, I'd like to point out some of the stuff that you preach, being a full blown "Bible Is The Answer To Everything Person.:

Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV
No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

Lookie here. You believe that if someone does one of the worst, if not THE worst act to a male, that the male goes to hell.

So you believe that victims of (horrible) crimes go to hell.

Let's see what else...

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Wow, well, seems like your beliefs are kinda evil, don't you think...

Speaking of evil, how about this one...

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. —Isaiah 45:7

Oh, now I understand you, Tooth.

You believe in EVIL. Hmmm...

"And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it." (Deuteronomy 28:63)

Not only do you believe in EVIL, but you also believe in a God who rejoices killing people!

"Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet. And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind. He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies." (Psalms 18:7-11)

Guess what? This is the Bible describing your GOD!

Now, regarding Evolution.... do you still think Evolution is false because your interpretation of the Bible tells you so?

Ofcourse you will say you think Evolution is false, because you believe everything that is written in the Bible. And thus, you believe in Evil, as those passages above proof.........

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. —Isaiah 45:7

Never heard that one before...bat# insane!! God sounds like a schizophrenic psychopath in that plasm

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Never heard that one before...bat# insane!! God sounds like a schizophrenic psychopath in that plasm

One of my favorites is (Psalm 137:9). "How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones against the rock."
They will argue that God introduced the Apoditic Law to prevent the increase of blood revenge, God could wipe them all out (he had already done this with Noah's flood) but chose to work through them instead of violating their free will?
The Psalmist is expressing God's curse against Babylon, a natural response to what his people have already suffered.
WTF? Bronze age thinking?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You mean apart from the fact that none of your claims are backed up by objective evidence and facts?
Actually I feel that because different authors believe in intervention and not necesserly the same things, I think thats a pretty good start. I think the mass defects in our genes are another good thing to consider proof of intervention, unless you believe that we had DNA labs in biblical times

I think that it's pretty good proof that all of these authors believe in inervention and I believe that the bible is actually a book of intervention and that most people just don't realize it.

It's one thing to mock me and my understanding but when those and the information are all found in hindsight, its pretty hard to argue.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Yes, there is.
As far as I understood being boyant was a state of being weightless.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Tooth really means, "My view of the Bible is the ultimate authority." this claim displays a great deal of arrogance, hubris, and closed-mindedness.Tooth thinks his dogma should be a standard for others, this is religious bigotry in its purest form.
It shows contempt to others who believe that God may be seen elsewhere other than in the Bible and the invalid "proofs" implied by tooth my actually push people away from the Bible.
I think saying the bible is the ultimate authority is like saying that macroevoltuion is proof. We don't know enough to make that type of a bold statement. I just feel that its obvious that there is enough understood that it is about intervention.
edit on 14-4-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Hey Tooth

Because you keep using the Bible as the answer for everything, I'd like to point out some of the stuff that you preach, being a full blown "Bible Is The Answer To Everything Person.:
I never claimed that the bible was the answer to everything. I don't think we don't enough about the supernatural to make that type of claim.

Lookie here. You believe that if someone does one of the worst, if not THE worst act to a male, that the male goes to hell.
I think if god were still alive and still watching, sure, but I don't believe that.

So you believe that victims of (horrible) crimes go to hell.
I think a lot of things were put into place to keep us in order, he had to otherwise we would have killed each other.

Wow, well, seems like your beliefs are kinda evil, don't you think...
I think there used to be some pretty strong control measuers set back then, which I don't buy into today. I think your buying into the mainstream idea of religion, I don't get that when I read the bible.

Oh, now I understand you, Tooth.

You believe in EVIL. Hmmm...
It's even possible that the serpent was trying to help adam and eve when he said you surly wont die from eating the apple.

Not only do you believe in EVIL, but you also believe in a God who rejoices killing people!
God was a murderous prick with control issues that was mental.

Guess what? This is the Bible describing your GOD!
Well hes not my god as you put it with the mainstream understanding. I have my own understanding, which all stems from the perspecitve of intervention. We were set up.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Actually I feel that because different authors believe in intervention and not necesserly the same things, I think thats a pretty good start. I think the mass defects in our genes are another good thing to consider proof of intervention, unless you believe that we had DNA labs in biblical times

I think that it's pretty good proof that all of these authors believe in inervention and I believe that the bible is actually a book of intervention and that most people just don't realize it.

It's one thing to mock me and my understanding but when those and the information are all found in hindsight, its pretty hard to argue.

It doesn't matter how many people come up with that nonsense

Until any of them present OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE to support their claims, they're all simply spreading fiction. The hilarious part is, they all looooove to mix real science with their pseudo-scientific claims...that way they can lure gullible people into believing their nonsense claims.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yes, there is.
As far as I understood being boyant was a state of being weightless.

No, being buoyant means you float

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

I never claimed that the bible was the answer to everything. I don't think we don't enough about the supernatural to make that type of claim.
No And you didnt answer whether the bible was wrong given that it seems to support what you claimed to be a typo?

Well I never said that all or even most others have target food, especially since it even tells us in the bible that a lot of species were brought here, means they probably won't have target food.
So given you say your statment above was a typo, and given this typo was supported by, (so you say the bible). Is the bible wrong in this case?

edit on 14-4-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

re·dun·dant/riˈdəndənt/Adjective: 1.No longer needed or useful; superfluous.
2.(of words or data) Able to be omitted without loss of meaning or function. ............................
Only pasted a sample of your repeated Imbecilic inability to understand basic English. I will post this again that you have avoided around 5 times when asked for definitions of the TERMS YOU MADE UP AND USE.
Here is an example of how words change when combined.

1. Swimming: The action of moving through water.
2. Costumes: A set of clothing or single garment that makes up an outfit.
3. Swimming costume. Clothes that you swim in so you dont get arrested for skinny dipping.
4. Costume Swimming. Means nothing at all. I would have to define meaning If I wished to use it.

The meaning of words change when you combine them. Combine the wrong ones and you get a meaningless term that requires definition as in #4
Your terms below are the same as in #4 above. You need to supply the definitions to them for them to have any meaning. Giving definitions for each single word is not an answer.

So again

Fine then you should have no problem in supplying the definitions for them

1. Target food. You need to supply your final updated version
2. Unnatural food. Definition of the term not 'unnatural' or 'food' but 'unnatural food'
3. Redundant adaption. Not redundant or adaption.
4. In the wild: Explain/define what you mean by In the wild not 'wild' or 'wildlife'
5. What you mean by MOST when trying to explain your lie about who has the mythical target food.
6. Civilisation

I can see from your posts you are again ready to start you idiots guide to life. I will be asking for definitions and explanations if you do.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

A BIG problem for you is you base everything on what you think and then claim it to be PROOF. It is clearly not. YOU clearly cannot provide any proof or supporting evidence which is why you lost this debate. Your dead, you just wont lie down.

The only thing that is hard to argue is that you change information to suit your current issue. A nice way of calling you a liar so let me be more blunt.

YOU LOST THIS DEBATE PINOCCHIO.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by flyingfish

I think saying the bible is the ultimate authority is like saying that macroevoltuion is proof. We don't know enough to make that type of a bold statement. I just feel that its obvious that there is enough understood that it is about intervention.
edit on 14-4-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

You just have a feeling?

I think all your doing is picking and choosing the things that may or may not support your-ridiculous fantasy's. I think it's funny you can spin and string things together to get intervention, but you can't put mountains of evidence for evolution together and see the bigger picture.
You would fit well here with all the other religious nutters.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by SplitInfinity

What are you talking about!?

I just told you and I even offered to spend the time to document the Experimental Process of how to....within a certain amount of days would allow you to see for yourself how a Single Celled Organism can EVOLVE into a MULTICELLULAR ORGANISM....or as you refered to in a previous post...you said you didn't need to spend the money to run an experiment when you could look it up on WIKI.

And I also told you from our last reply about this, that I have already confirmed and agree with this part of speciation. Scientists know that viruses and bacteria can change, I have no problems with this. I'm trying to figure out who got the hair brained idea to assume that this also included humans and all other life.

It seems as if you have TOTALY ignored your own statements and either have no desire to either run the experiment or verify that there is various experiments that can be done to show this EVOLUTIONARY CHANGE.

WHY? Unless you just want to remain ignorant of the truth? Split Infinity
Nope I agree with it, but again within the constraints laid out in wiki under speciation.

So you are in agreement that a single celled organism can evolve into a Multicellular Organism....am I reading you right here? Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It doesn't matter how many people come up with that nonsense

Until any of them present OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE to support their claims, they're all simply spreading fiction. The hilarious part is, they all looooove to mix real science with their pseudo-scientific claims...that way they can lure gullible people into believing their nonsense claims.
I see so its another everyone else is wrong and your right scenerio. But you want proof.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

No, being buoyant means you float
And floating isn't a form of weightlessness?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

No And you didnt answer whether the bible was wrong given that it seems to support what you claimed to be a typo?
The facts do seem pretty straight and forward, its the supernatural I'm questioning.

So given you say your statment above was a typo, and given this typo was supported by, (so you say the bible). Is the bible wrong in this case?
No it was my typo, not sure if you noticed but I contradicted myself in the two.

new topics

top topics

<< 357  358  359    361  362  363 >>

join