It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullcookies
Your theory, "PROVE" it's right.

It wouldn't be classified as a scientific theory if anyone were able to debunk it. We have observed it in the lab, and nature, and use findings from the theory in modern medicine. Lastly, we can accurately predict future outcomes thanks to the theory...something we wouldn't be able to do if it was wrong.

In short...done.

Now you go prove yours

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Lot of talk, no proof. Just like religion

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies

I suggest you read this and then come back and try to say that there is no evidence for evolution.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: The Scientific Case for Common Descent

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just like in court evidence is not PROOF.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies

Once again the onus is on you. If you have an alternative hypothesis that is better at explaining the diversity of life on Earth then by all means present it. As it stands the modern evolutionary synthesis probably has more support than any other theory in the whole science and nothing in 150 years has even come close to shaking its foundation.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Just like in court evidence is not PROOF.

Subjective evidence isn't necessarily...but objective evidence is. Luckily, the theory of evolution is based on OBJECTIVE evidence.

Also, are you even bothering to look at the information people post, or are you so brainwashed that you automatically ignore all evidence the suggests your preconceived notions are wrong?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here's my preconceived theory, We don't know. What is the fault with my theory?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You have not backed it up with any evidence and by your own admission it is preconcieved.

Obviously you have not read much of the thread but the challenge is for doubters to explain bio diversity we see if evolution is incorrect.

Can you?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
reply to post by colin42

You can't prove a negative.

Stop asking.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you had read any part of this thread you would know the title change was not mine. My challenge was if Evolution is wrong explain bio diversity without it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
haha. A. i cant believe you keep going after my adjectives like (few). sorry how many hundred or thousands in your book? you got the # offhand? its your belief... and according to your chart of crap over there ( which really doesn't prove anything)

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

this is my family?^ lol! see, just like humans. the Stegocephalia like chillin out by the pool, and so do I!!

so let me get this straight Some magic happened (the magic is what you cant explain) then the magic first evolved to Protozoa, Gastraeada, Helmintha, Prochordonia, Arcania, Cyclostoma and Selachii (sharks)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RebelRouser

That's all fine and dandy, we know there is no convincing you whatsoever, by your own admission you love to argue and have a chip on your shoulder so its fruitless.

Now back to the topic at hand, what evidence does creationism lend to biodiversity that would trump scientific findings so far supporting the theory of evolution? And whether you want to admit it or not, creationism will need to use the scientific method at least a little bit to start and prove otherwise. And remember evidence is not bashing the little you do understand about evolution, it might require some fossils or experiments or a well thought out hypothesis which does not include origins of life. Some questions to get you started:

Did god create every living species on earth with intent and a preconceived idea of their role in the environment?

Did this happen in 6000 years or 4 billion+?

Which sciences were used in determining this information?

What sort of evidence did these sciences contribute to the theory?

Out of those pieces of evidence, which ones do you think are the most undeniable proof of creationism and which would be the most damaging to evolution?

What are the missing links for creationism if any?

edit on 14-10-2011 by topherman420 because: grammar gremlin made me do it

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
its all about digital physics for me, while it's a theory so is evolution!

If we were created then we are a digital being in a computer, planet earth is digital, the planets in our solar system are digital, the sun is digital, the universe is digital.

Its not impossible either, however if we are digital then our creator is a being which evolved..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Ignoring facts? I mean, when you're talking about how life started you're correct, we don't know yet. When it comes to evolution, we know it happened.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RebelRouser

The fossil record totally backs up the theory...but since you don't trust it, you'll be happy to hear that DNA also fully backs it up

In short, you're talking nonsense, and the only thing you're showing is your incredible lack of knowledge, and willingness to educate yourself when you have obvious gaps in knowledge.

edit on 15-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Yes,

Evolution is wrong.

Because I had an angel visit - this angel, Ezekiel is up there.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by piles
its all about digital physics for me, while it's a theory so is evolution!

If we were created then we are a digital being in a computer, planet earth is digital, the planets in our solar system are digital, the sun is digital, the universe is digital.

Its not impossible either, however if we are digital then our creator is a being which evolved..

Except the theory of evolution has objective evidence backing it up, whereas your digital universe is at best a hypothesis because there's none we found so far.

The Digital Universe exists though, it's just not what you think

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I accept that most educated people consider creation as a joke. I understand that if we have a creator the creator would have had to evolve, so yes evolution excists one way or another.

When you look at how perfect our environment is, how tasty fresh produce tastes, how the temp on average is as close to perfect as it could be overall, how much religion improved our being and how clever religion is. (+ 1 billion other facts) Its hard to believe that evolution could be so kind to us.

I look at religion as if it were created by our creator that the creator would have had a role to play and a purpose in creating that religion. Who-ever created the religions has more followers today than they did 10yrs after its excistence.

If we are digitalI I don't except that the creator created us out of the goodness of his heart, I accept that this computer we live in would and does have a purpose! I don't buy that the creator created us as an experiment, thats nonsence. A computer such as this universe would cost a lot of money to make, it would have to make a profit..

the creator for example creating a religion, would cost the creaters time and time is money... who paid the creator for his time?

a non digital entity can't excist amongst a digital entity, which means if were digital we can't break out of this computer.

Jesus Christ would have been used by the creator as a tool, for the creator to be able to achieve what the creator set out to achieve through the christian religion

The creator would be a non digital entity, almost certainly of higher intelligence...

the creator could be considered the person that built this computer, or the person that created our being... either way it was most likely a bunch of employed mathematicians that crunched numbers into a software program working together in both building this computer and creating a being as intelligent as ours...

If the non digital being, created the christian religion and the muslim religion amongst others, then they clearly decieved our being, I believe who ever created those religions tricked us for our own benefit. As religion has helped our being more than any else ever has...

Its hard for me to believe I'm digital, I feel so real. Yet if we were created then we are a digital being...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I consider myself fairly well educated. Did it myself so I would.

I do not consider creation a joke. We are here and so if you reject the theory that life has always been here then at some point the fact that there was a point of creation is inescapable.

The world we live in is such a perfect fit is because this is the world we evolved in.

Religion always fits because it was designed by man to explain the unknown. Religous beliefs are adapted to work with our local greeds and that is why there are so many variations on a theme.

Religion tells us we are the chosen, top of the tree and all we have to do is have blind faith and we will be rewarded with eternal life in a paradise.

Evolution shows that all life in entangled and we seperate ourselves from it at our peril.

Now look at the world around you and tell me what message is true?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

edit on 15-10-2011 by Tony4211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Proof

The audio in the link will auto-play and is 74 minutes. If you can't even slightly consider God as the creator after listening, then you're proving yourself to be willfully ignorant and set in your ways, which is fine since it is your choice.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join