It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 338
<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

How on earth do food allergies and diseases prove all the NATURAL food on this planet isn't natural???

A ton of those diseases come from psychological reasons or sheer stupidity. If you eat toilet paper, you have a mental problem. If you grow fat because you eat 2 pizzas, a steak, 2 boxes of Yums, 5 Snickers, 2 loafs of bred and a supersized portion of friend KFC every single day...well...you have an eating disorder and will become fat because your calories intake is too high. Again, it's a psychological problem. Animals have allergies too, which once again provides evidence for common ancestry.

Plus, you are forgetting that a lot of the issues stem from quantity rather than the food product itself. You can eat a Snickers no problem, but if you eat 10 every day you have issues This doesn't mean chocolate and caramel aren't target food, it just means you're a moron and gulping down too many Snickers every single day.

Allergies and those diseases are perfectly explained through science, we KNOW why people get gall stones for example

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by flyingfish

Well excuse me flying #, I wasn't aware you have traveled to other planets to sample the accomidations. My bad.

Sorry, no excuses for ignorant megalomania.

The best samples we have are from the moon the LCROSS lunar impact mission conferms a billion gallons of water ice in the floor of a crater near the moon's south pole.
Opportunity landed in Eagle Crater on Mars on Jan. 25, 2004, three weeks after its rover twin, Spirit, landed halfway around the planet. Opportunity found evidence of an ancient wet environment.
Curiosity, is slated to land on Mars on Aug. 6, 2012. Unlike earlier rovers, Curiosity carries equipment to gather samples of rocks and soil to process them.
Personally, I want to go back to Titan and Dione. Cassini detected oxygen ions in Dione's atmosphere, it begs the question, whats under that layer of water ice.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

It is impossible to prove that something is false. The funny thing is, if you are referring to the Darwinian concept of evolution, which has already been proven false

I quit reading after this contradiction.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You know what I mean. When a majority of individuals come to accept a theory as false it is considered "proven" wrong. I was using the term in a different context in the two sentences. You are aware that every word in the english language can be used in multiple contexts eh? I forgot to add the quotations around the second one. Sue me.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

You know what I mean. When a majority of individuals come to accept a theory as false it is considered "proven" wrong. I was using the term in a different context in the two sentences. You are aware that every word in the english language can be used in multiple contexts eh? I forgot to add the quotations around the second one. Sue me.

This is your opportunity to get back on topic.
This thread is not about any Darwinian concept of evolution.
Go back about 300 pages and you will see you missed the bus on that one.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There's binary code in DNA. So many chemical elements that make up compounds, of which we are still uncovering every day. This person who runs evolution must be pretty intelligent.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Again you decide to answer a point made without addressing the point. I said there is not such thing as target food never mentioned animals, humans, fish or plants. You even agreed as you now claim 'target food' is something you made up (what a surprise) as a trick question.
Ya but with trick question I mean there is no answer for humans, as its a legit find, not that its a trick question just to trick you.

Again you are not providing a definition of this moronical term 'target food' as you have been asked.
Yes I have and in fact you have allready commented on it.

So you admit you were looking for information to confirm your belief. Very scientific.
It was a long shot and even funnier how Pye is not revealing those findings for the same reason that I was looking for them.

You put yourself in gods shoes? who could you do that of someone your book says is the ulimate force. More importantly does god not belong if he has to wear shoes?
Well it was quite simple actually as I have studied these things for over thirty years.

So you copy and paste the same stuff. The answer still does not cut it. You maintain that. Your words
Well I wasn't looking for my words to cut it, I was looking for Wiki's words to cut it.

Start explaining stop claiming
I would ask the same of you.

It explains it happening in animals. We are animals. It expects a level of intelligence to understand it, you fall way below that level.
Your wrong because wiki would have listed speciation with animals and humans if that were the case, but rather they specifically identified what few life forms it does apply to. See your making assumptions that taking you off the deep end and its no longer making any sense. If wiki wanted this to apply to human, they would have indicated so.

My post you are responding too
Actually it was my reply to your post.

Wheres the 'him'? Your reading skills have let you down again.
Its just recently back.

Jeeze do you need a definition of what a definition is? I asked for a definition of your made up totally wrong term 'Target food' not a repeat of some meaningless drivel you have repeated time and again
I have allready issued you a thourough definition, and you have allready commented on that.

Again the halfwits guide to life the universe and everything drawn from tooths guide to the galaxy.

So now target food has to be necessary food.? define that as well please
Either a main staple or one that we greatly depend on.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Looks close enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

No, it didn't go extinct (at least most of it didn't...can't speak for the Dodo though) we just need more of it because of our drastic population growth.
If this were true then our target food would still be available and scientists would know without a doubt what food is good for us without thinking about it. But they don't, and it depends on each persons needs. Diet needs vary so much from person to person that there is even a custom dietary lab program where they fit you with a specific diet.

Whereas in the past it was "ok" if some crops died a hundred years ago, given today's demand, we need to increase efficiency of food production. Pesticides are a way of doing that because less of the crops will die...and turning it into powder (like mashed potatoes) makes it easier to transport. We're doing all that because of population growth, not because the food isn't eatable in the first place :@@
Well again, it would still be here if this were true, and you would have no problem producing examples of target food, which you can't.

Well, given people have been eating apples for centuries...yeah, kinda

What do you mean with "our food to begin with"??? Homo sapiens has been eating buffalos for centuries, and it's a perfectly fine food source that suits us well....how on earth is that not suitable food???
Humans have been known to eat just about anything, which doesn't mean that anything is good for us.

I'd kinda expect you doing that...but someone LOGICAL would realize that none of those items carry any nutrients compared to food you find naturally on our planet like chickens or apples. That food is meant for us because it provides us with nutrients...whereas your stupid tooth paste doesn't.
And your totally missing the fact that we rely on science to tell us what is good for us and what is not, rather than instinct which would have been the norm for choosing a target food.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

How on earth do food allergies and diseases prove all the NATURAL food on this planet isn't natural???
It doesn't, and I never said that it did. What I am saying is that its obviously not OUR food.

A ton of those diseases come from psychological reasons or sheer stupidity. If you eat toilet paper, you have a mental problem. If you grow fat because you eat 2 pizzas, a steak, 2 boxes of Yums, 5 Snickers, 2 loafs of bred and a supersized portion of friend KFC every single day...well...you have an eating disorder and will become fat because your calories intake is too high. Again, it's a psychological problem. Animals have allergies too, which once again provides evidence for common ancestry.
Sure but what your over looking in all of this is that if we did have our correct food to begin with, it still wouldn't be a problem.

Plus, you are forgetting that a lot of the issues stem from quantity rather than the food product itself. You can eat a Snickers no problem, but if you eat 10 every day you have issues This doesn't mean chocolate and caramel aren't target food, it just means you're a moron and gulping down too many Snickers every single day.
Over eating is just one stem of the problem. What do you expect you body to do when your not getting the right nutrients? Your going to overeat trying to fill that need.

Allergies and those diseases are perfectly explained through science, we KNOW why people get gall stones for example
That is correct again, and its all from poor diet. I guess your still missing the point here. Our diet is suffering because the correct food is simply not there. We created a lot of processed food in an effort to fill a need for the desire of missing food. Again we are trying to fill a need though process. It's redundant adaptation.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Sorry, no excuses for ignorant megalomania.

The best samples we have are from the moon the LCROSS lunar impact mission conferms a billion gallons of water ice in the floor of a crater near the moon's south pole.
Opportunity landed in Eagle Crater on Mars on Jan. 25, 2004, three weeks after its rover twin, Spirit, landed halfway around the planet. Opportunity found evidence of an ancient wet environment.
Curiosity, is slated to land on Mars on Aug. 6, 2012. Unlike earlier rovers, Curiosity carries equipment to gather samples of rocks and soil to process them.
Personally, I want to go back to Titan and Dione. Cassini detected oxygen ions in Dione's atmosphere, it begs the question, whats under that layer of water ice.
WTF does any of this have to do with us living on another planet, or learning about such an idea?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Looks close enough.
Thanks so this definition is close enough

1. Abundant everywhere
2. cannot be processed in any way
3. must be essential/necessary

Tooth. Is this the complete definition of you poorly constructed term 'target food'? If not supply the 'full' definition.
This means the leaf cutter ant has no target food. It cuts leaves, they cannot digest cellulose. Transports them back to the nest. The ant then plants, tends and grows a fungus on the leaf cuttings. Using antibiotics to control a pest that attacks its crop. The fungus is the ants source of food.

The fungus has to be grown as it is not abundant everywhere. The processes involved in growing the fungus from cutting and tansporting the leaves onwards is processing the food.

The diet of leaf-cutter ants can sometimes include seeds, fruit and cereals so making the fugus the staple diet but not the 'target food'.

The leaf cutter ant therefore fails your target food test and so must not be from here. If the leaf cutter ant is not from here neither are all the other types of ant. Which means the anteater is not from here or of course it could mean your target food being proof of native to earth is as stupid as it sounds.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaborofLove
There's binary code in DNA. So many chemical elements that make up compounds, of which we are still uncovering every day. This person who runs evolution must be pretty intelligent.

What's your proof for intelligence? Especially given that it doesn't work perfectly in the first place?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Clearly, ants aren't "natural" on earth, just like humans aren't. So now we have ants and humans...I wonder how many other species are "not from earth"

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You don't need to prove it wrong, it has never been proven correct and no evidence points to it in fact most scientists now have moved to ID.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Shall we go with the honey bee.

It eats pollen but also uses pollen to produce honey that it uses as an all year round food source. It processes its food and produces honey and bees wax. that it makes honey containers with the wax we call honey combs. Not forgetting it has gathered and transported the pollen. It gathers pollen from many/any flowering plant.

Bee's also genetically manipulate their population using royal jelly as the agent.

Bees also clearly fail the target food test

edit on 31-3-2012 by colin42 because: closeing tooth door

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
You don't need to prove it wrong, it has never been proven correct and no evidence points to it in fact most scientists now have moved to ID.

In opposite land maybe

If it were proven wrong, it wouldn't be classified as a scientific theory and couldn't be used to accurately predict future outcomes in modern medicine. If the theory were wrong, we wouldn't have many of the meds we have today.

As for your "most scientists have now moved to ID" claim, where did you pick up that garbage? There's more scientists called Steve (not Stephen, or Stefan, or any other variation...exactly Steve) than they are scientists who don't believe evolution to be true

Don't believe me, here's the link: LINK

In short, I'm afraid 100% of your post is incorrect

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If you really want to learn how it is Scientifically impossible I have a series of videos you could watch. You do not want to believe in a God because then you might have to change your lifestyle and follow the Creator's rules and most don't accept that at their own peril IMO.

Watch them all and then reply where this Doctor in Zoology and Biology is wrong???

He did start out as an evolutionist from college until the evidence he was finding pointed to the fact that evolution was impossible!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Our diet is suffering because the correct food is simply not there.

That's complete nonsense. You have everything on earth to eat healthy. I eat healthy and have no issues whatsoever.

The most evident proof for your argument being hogwash is that homo sapiens (and its ancestors) survived on food provided by earth just fine for 200,000 years

You're essentially stating "we have survived 200,000 years as a species...but the food we eat isn't good for us". That's comical and crazy!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

I watched the entire Global Flood video a while back because someone else posted it. It's pseudo-science at its best!! The guy giving his presentation doesn't even understand plate tectonics, and he's using arguments that have been debunked ages ago, not just here on ATS.

For example, he doesn't even understand that lower earth layers can get pushed up over time...that's why you find fossilized clams on Mount Everest for example.

The crazy part is, the videos start off with something similar to church music (to get people into the mood I guess), and then fools people by completely misinterpreting science, omitting every single fact that doesn't fit their belief, or purposefully lying.

Those videos are garbage because they aren't factual and approach the entire discussion from a foregone conclusion...god existed. That's not how logic works. You need to have evidence for claims, and be objective (which you aren't if you already made up your mind regarding the conclusion) while going over evidence. You can't just omit facts like they do. You can't just ignore plate tectonics, for crying out loud, we have earthquakes proving them every single day...and satellite images to confirm it.

There's also ZERO geological proof of a global flood. Local floods, yeah...tons. But a global flood happening at the same time all over the world? Complete and utter nonsense not backed up by any evidence.

I'm sorry, but given how HORRIBLE their global flood video is, I'm not gonna waste an hour per video watching the rest. If you want to discuss something in there, pick something and we'll talk about it. In fact, I challenge you to pick anything you want from those videos

You do not want to believe in a God because then you might have to change your lifestyle and follow the Creator's rules and most don't accept that at their own peril IMO.

Oh, I'm shaking in my boots...evil god will smite down the infidels

Enlighten us, which god should I follow? Allah? One of the Christian gods (too many variations, one seems nice, the other is a genocidal maniac)? Which Hindu god, there's so many? Buddhists also don't believe in a god, do they still count? What about the monkey god they worship in some parts of South America, that the right one?

Help me, I don't wanna pick the wrong one and get punished after death (if such a thing exists)!!! Help me pick

edit on 31-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join