It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 327
<< 324  325  326    328  329  330 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by MrXYZ

I wasn't the first, I just react in kind. Treat me with respect, and I will also reciprocate. Problem is, nobody here wanted to do that, including you.

If I go on here saying 2 + 2 = 6 because 42=7 I won't get respect either. Its probably because you don't make sense.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Demonstrable and verifiable only in the eyes of people that have no real insight into the way things are, IE. an academic understanding has no real grounds to comprise the whole of the argument. Sometimes you just have to look around you. I, personally could care less of the collective opinion. I form my own. If that opinion is wrong to you, than tough. The difference between me and most people is I don't veil my true intentions behind a facade of innocence. What you see is what you get. Again, unlike most people here, who use the internet as an excuse to mouth off to people in an anonymous manner (if you think I do the same, I act even more aggressive when people treat me like that in person, but I digress. The point is, I came here to challenge the status-quo, and nobody lived up to the challenge. Delicate sensibilities are my chief case-in-point for the falsehood of the mainstream view of how we evolved. Even if those rules applied in the beginning, they sure don't now. The paradigm has changed, yet all of you still remain with disproven and antiquated theories on how we came to be. Did you know that the Sumerians KNEW the Earth was round and revolved around the sun, as well as had detailed knowledge of the movement of the cosmos (astrology) that we still can't figure out today, almost 10000 years before the European scientific community KNEW that the earth was flat. That, in a nutshell, is what I think of the scientific establishment. It is there only to maintain the status quo. That is why there will never be a cure for cancer, MS or any of these other horrible ailments that so plague us, it's just more profitable to treat the illness than to cure it. The same goes for Evolutionary Biologists (who may be quite brilliant when it comes to the "lower" forms of life), of which the only argument is to keep their dogma intact. For the scientific establishment to remain credible, the fact that the basis of the argument for Evolution loses all validity when referring to man, cannot be widely accepted. As I have said, there is far more evidence towards there being some sort of outside intervention involved in our evolutionary progress than there is that we evolved from lower apes. The gaps in the chain are just too big. I'm sorry if you cannot accept that either, but facts are facts. Never confuse majority opinion with the truth. "The truth is still the truth, even in a minority of one." - Mahatma Ghandi.
edit on 28/3/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I make sense to people that have the brain capacity to think for themselves. Not once, among any of the pages of this thread, have any of the people that I have been responding to admitted even the possibility of something that they don't understand being at work. I would have given points if people had asked concise questions to the point, but instead they had to call me a moron because I disagree with popular opinion. Goes to show that group-think outweighs logic every time. Sometimes being a loner is the best thing in the world to be. It means that I don't suffer the same susceptibility (sorry was that too big of a word for you? does it not make sense? ) The fact of the matter is, the theory of man's evolution is full of holes, just like every other mainstream theory there is. To know the truth, one must be willing to go below the mainstream, but, again, that requires the ability to actually view information objectively. Were they handing out trans-orbital lobotomies while I was away? Cause I swear it's like everybody walks around with blinders on. Time to take the wool off, people. I honestly don't care about the delicate sensibilities of the herd, these things need to be said, whether you like it or not. Also, where did all the free-thinkers on this site go? This site used to be full of people raring to investigate why everything is so messed up (including the scientific establishment that these people defend with teeth and claws), but now it's just full of wannabe politicians. Coercing a reaction and then calling the reaction undignified is one of the lowliest dirty tricks, and yet people like you attack me. For shame. That's all I can say. I give up. Be prideful in your ignorance, as you all seem to have a surplus. If you still can't understand what I'm talking about, have mommy or daddy read it to you, maybe then it will make more sense.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Yes, I might learn something, but you on the other hand, are obviously incapable of doing such a thing. Can't pour water into a jar that's already full of crap you know.
Colin I was telling you the same thing when I said that someone taught you what you believe in and this is why you are so incredulous.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Your ears got smaller as you learned about evolution???????????

Strangely Pinocchio your nose has not stopped growing since you entered this thread.
Colin, my step father was a cop. I remember asking him when I was a kid if UFO's were real. He looked at me with the most serious face, and while motioning his head toward the heavans tells me.... Let me tell you something, if you look up in the sky enough, you might just see something.

My ears didn't get smaller Colin, you wanted to see that.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Ah don't bother, people with any level of post-highschool education seem to think that they know everything. I mean, how could they not know everything right? They sunk tens of thousands of dollars into a bogus education, but it has to be right.........right? /sarcasm lol. We could talk them til they're blue in the face, but at the end of the day, the only voice they hear is that of the pedantic professor. They judge everything learned outside the educational establishment to be hogwash as, if they didn't learn it in school, how can it be true? The story behind the education system, like every other pillar of the Liberal establishment that has been turned to a mess of rubble, serves it's corporate masters. If they deem it inappropriate for something to be known as fact, than they just don't teach it, while also teaching young, impressionable individuals that if it wasn't learned in a classroom, than it is not valid. That's why the 'net has such a bad reputation. It happens to be the single most important researching tool that has ever existed, and yet most people think it's just a haven for ingrates. Gee, I wonder why that is. Meh. At least you get it. One person is enough for me lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I have no doubt that there are factors outside of evolution that influences the direction and magnitude of it, but that is not really what this thread is about. This is just about the evolution part, whether or not it is influenced by some outside factor is irrelevant, its whether or not it is satisfiable as a theory. No one has proved otherwise.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

WHY would a Creator use recycled parts? Couldn't he just, well, create new parts?
Why would he have to. When we created the wheel and used it for bicycles do you think we created all new wheels for cars. Yes and no, the basic idea is the same, but some perfections were made so it could suit the car. My point is they are still both wheels. In a way, we recycled the idea. There is nothing absurd about recycling biology, after all it all works, and works well.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

But, see, having an outside factor changes everything. Evolution might have gone in a completely different direction (most likely actually), thus far, negating the dogma that is taught in schools. An outside factor is not even investigated in main-stream science, so how could a theory be correct, if not all variables are taken into account. If I'm overlooking something, please inform me, but it just seems like the path that man has taken is not the one that was meant to be. I cannot see how a species like us, that just consumes resources and then moves on to the next area consuming more resources and spreading some more, ad infinitum, while every other species on this planet is in harmony with it's surroundings. There is something very un-natural about us. Even the most basic layman can see that, and yet even the most educated mind cannot. This is not because this inkling is not valid, but because the mainstream has basically just said "shut up, stop thinking and read that book I gave you. Now repeat everything you just read the exact same way that you read it. Everyone knows that the education systems in both of our countries have a dulling affect on the brain, rather than enhancing it's abilities as they purport to do. Instead of opening minds to possibilities, it closes those doors and opens those that are deemed acceptable. The problem comes in when people like me question the status quo. I spent more time in the office in elementary and high-school (as in you have to be high to believe the bullsh t they try to label as fact there, as far as I'm concerned.) than most bullies did. Not for acting up, but for correcting the teachers, which as you can see in this thread, when you try to correct someone who thinks they know everything, an argument ensues. I spent more time disproving things teachers were saying than actually doing the work, and maybe that's how I survived it with the right half of my brain intact, who knows. For all I know I'm just a freak of nature, an anomaly. Also, before I forget, the only reason why it is viewed as not being disproved in the mainstream as the corporations that own our countries control the dialogue. They fund the universities, they own the news stations, and they have their hands in everyone's pocket. Whoever controls the money, controls the dialogue, and the status-quo is very important to those who pull the strings. Why, specifically, has yet to be determined by me, but as soon as I figure it out, ATS will be the first to know (or the last, depending on the severity) Simply put, the scientific community reacts to new ideas just like it did in the 1700s.Also, now with the advent of corporate control, scientific development has been hamstrung almost to a stand-still at the civilian level. All we are provided with, technologically, are crutches to dumb us down further. This is why I distrust the mainstream opinion so much. How I guage what is true and not true is I don't trust any voice that has alot of money backing it, first of all, and then once I've filtered all of that out, I work my way through the independant sources until I have established a sort of mosaic on the topic. It's a very long process of trial and error, but it leads me, time and time again, to the fact that the opinion of the majority is always influenced and thus, cannot be trusted, this goes for scientists, teachers, etc. Group-think is a very dangerous thing, as when most people are in groups, like on ATS, their mentality is reduced to that of a 5 year old.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

but thats just it isn't it. We are sentient beings, thats what makes us different from all other species on earth. How do we know this is the factor that sends a species onto a different "path" as you say.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I somewhat agree, but the question in my mind is this: what caused this sudden leap to sentience? The entire process from Homo Sapiens to Homo Sapiens Sapiens took only about 300 000 years, which in evolutionary terms, is like leaping the grand canyon in a single stride. It just doesn't add up. Also, when you take into account that we have found human remains in Sri Lanka and India that have been as old as 15 million years, when meanwhile, supposedly we hadn't even evolved past the ape stage yet in the mainstream version of events. This is why I am so wary. There are so many obvious holes in the theory, like that one, that just cannot be ignored, and yet most people do ignore them. This is what bugs me the most, not that the theory is wrong, but that most people are so well indoctrinated that they cannot even admit the possibility. I am a free thinker, so I like to think about the things that most people would consider strange, and when I talk about something with people, the most common reaction I get is that people think I am trying to tell them what to think, when all I am trying to do is think out loud. When I bring information back out, it gets the gears going again and allows me to further the thought process when it hits the many brick walls that are encountered. This is also why I get so bloody frustrated with people, is that when my opinion differs from theirs, they don't even want to discuss the finer details, they just want to insult me and label me un-intelligent, when I know for a fact that I am far from it. I try to distance myself from ego-based thinking, but when people react like they have here, especially given how my unusual thought process works, it brings the worst out in me, to be quite honest with you. I react to group-think in the opposite manner than most do. I'm that guy in the corner going "What the heck is wrong with all of you?" The sheer ignorance that is considered acceptable these days just drives me up the wall. I'm starting to wonder if there ever was a time or place where ideas could be discussed freely. I mean, Isaac Newton didn't reveal his discoveries until he was on his death bed as he was afraid of persecution. The means of persecution have changed, but the establishment has not.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I get it I do. And you don't have to believe me, but I truly do look at outside possibilities, and there definitely are things ignored in the mainstream. The timeline we've set up could be horribly inaccurate, that is not outside of the realm of possibility. However, when we look at evolution by itself, not considering where we come from, just on the basics of it, it works. Who knows maybe we were hit by some kind of super flare, or gamma ray burst that was just powerful enough to change our evolutionary path, or causing us to "jump" so to speak. We don't know, and these are questions we cannot yet answer. But what we do know, is that the basics of evolution still hold true, and although they might not explain us or everything about the universe, we cannot say it is false.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Dammit, where was that argument before? lol. See, the fact that you can admit that something is off, in my eyes, raises you up a notch above pretty much everyone else that has responded to me in this thread (don't think I forgot about you, either, Tooth). I really don't care what people believe, but when people can discuss and contemplate things freely, I find that it helps my own thought process. I realize that is a little bit of a selfish way to see things, but once I figure things out, I plan on writing a book, (regardless of whether anyone will publish it or not) so someone will benefit eventually I guess lol. All I know is it better be worth it in the end, cause I have suffered alot of social alienation due to my views. It's not that my views are that out-there either, it's just that they are at odds with the norm. The thing that gets me is, notice how towards the end there I really started hammering my point in with lots of info, and that's when people stopped responding. It just goes to prove that the chest-thumping quasi-intellectuals have an underlying problem with self-esteem. The main difference between me and them is I will come right out with my insecurities (much to my detriment), while they try to make anyone that disagrees look bad so that nobody will listen to the dissenter. It's all ego based thinking, which is what I have been trying to distance myself from for ages now. And it seems like I'm the only one sometimes. Meh, digressing is a bit of a problem of mine so I'll wrap it up. Thanks for agreeing to disagree lol. I just find that if so much information is wrong within a theory, that the theory is bunk until truly proven, which it hasn't been, and yet people clutch at theories like that of evolution with white knuckles even though it's not 100% proven. I realize that my theory is not even close to proven either, but I just follow my instincts, if I see a turd float up, I climb out of the water. I know that's a strange analogy, but it'll catch on lol

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Actually, I hate to break another one of your wanton assumptions but I am the only one between the two of us that has formulated my own opinion. This much is obvious. You just parrot what you were taught in school, while I, who have learned exponentially more since I left school take information from many mediums and locations and incorporate it into a world-view. Oh yes, and don't bother responding anymore, it must be nice to be able to insult someone like a child and then call them rude and angry when they react in kind. You, sir, would make a great politician. That wasn't a compliment. I suggest that you just go talk to your other narrowminded friends instead of boring me with a repertoire of insults that my 5 year old niece could outdo. Your logic is of a circular nature, and as such, is no use to me or anyone else here. Do us all a favour and quit wasting oxygen.
You know what they say about wisdom. A wise man knows he knows nothing. Your comments above show you have a lot to learn.

I call you Mr. Angry because since coming on this thread that is all you have shown so you who claims to have learned exponentially more since you left school have a hell of a long way to go to live up to your empty boast.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Nah. You are to busy splashing water around to learn anything. Come back when you decide not to be such a drip.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by colin42

Your ears got smaller as you learned about evolution???????????

Strangely Pinocchio your nose has not stopped growing since you entered this thread.
Colin, my step father was a cop. I remember asking him when I was a kid if UFO's were real. He looked at me with the most serious face, and while motioning his head toward the heavans tells me.... Let me tell you something, if you look up in the sky enough, you might just see something.

My ears didn't get smaller Colin, you wanted to see that.
Why would I care what your step father said to you? He has a right to his opinion just like you but did he insist that everyone agree with him because he and only he knew the truth?

You were the one that wrote your ears got smaller the more you learned about evolution and now you say you didnt. About sums you up.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I would be the first person here to admit it if I found out that I was wrong, which is more than you can say, as you have not dealt with the information in my argument yet, you have only attacked my demeanor. I am not here to make friends (which should be obvious), I am here to challenge the norm. You failed the challenge, end of story. I take it debating is not one of your strengths, as character assassinations seem to be your only MO. You really want me to admit I'm wrong, than prove that I'm wrong. How about that. Better yet, prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're right. You can't do either because your ego is doing all of the talking. So I'm angry, what's your point? Want a tissue for your issue? I have a better idea. If my words bother you so much, how bout you stop responding so that I don't feel obliged to reciprocate. That would solve this problem you seem to have most ricky tick.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by rhinoceros

You could keep bashing me over the head with semantics and what's wrong with people like me, or you could take my road and actually try to explain why it is you think that we evolved from Homo Sapiens into what we are now all on our lonesome.

I'm always open to giveng people the benefit of doubt.

Doubt removed, you havnt a clue what you are talking about. I may change my mind if you correct the above paragraph.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

If your going to write a book could I suggest paragraphs. These blocks of text make your points hard to read and harder to respond too. Thats a comment not an insult but I doubt you will take it as such.

You have never given anyone a chance to discuss anything with you as all I have seen are insults and attitude from you. You have recieved a better welcome than you deserved.

I tried to discuss points you made and was told to clear my blockage followed by a ranting lecture instead of offering an alternative. You show all the signs of wanting a fight and no signs of wanting a discussion. You want that to change then you need to change first.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by rhinoceros

Yes we have much in common with chimps, but that does not prove that we evolved from them. There are so many unnatural differences between the two species, that there has to either be a missing link in the evolutionary chain that disappeared without a trace (highly unlikely), or some sort of outside intervention,.

Wow! it gets better/worse. (its all about perspective)

<< 324  325  326    328  329  330 >>

join