It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 326
<< 323  324  325    327  328  329 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Never have I seen anyone say so much and yet so little all at the same time. You do realize that 90% of ATSers are what you would call a layman, which therefore renders your diatribe as nothing more than information overload for most people, and thus, how do you think you're going to change anyone's mind by throwing charts at them, when it has been proven time and time again that people are swayed not by facts, but by their emotions, which also means that you just wanted all the laymen here to know how smart you are eh. I say again, never confuse education with intelligence. Just because you can strip an atom down to the most benign detail, does not distract some of us from the fact, that none of what you just said has anything to do with proving or disproving the Evolutionary Theory. As far as I'm concerned, you probably paid alot of money for that BS degree that I'm assuming you hold in the biology sector (not much of a stretch mind you), so in your mind, it HAS to be true, otherwise every dollar was wasted. Can't have that now can you. The components of DNA are all composed of the same set of chemicals, only in different amounts and in different places. Yes we have much in common with chimps, but that does not prove that we evolved from them. There are so many unnatural differences between the two species, that there has to either be a missing link in the evolutionary chain that disappeared without a trace (highly unlikely), or some sort of outside intervention, which is described on the tablets of ancient civilizations the world, and yet none of this information is taken seriously. You don't have that many people, ancient or not, documenting such events without there being some truth to it. Keep in mind that these were civilizations that, if main-stream history is true, which I doubt, would have no means of communication with eachother, and yet the architecture, "mythologies", religions and even the languages were all quite similar. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidence.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by colin42

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you want that information, it's still a free country. Go out and look for it if you really want to know. Also, you negated any validity your argument might have had in stating that survival of the fittest is an out-dated concept. The entire evolutionary theory is based off of natural selection. What do you think that is?
It is not about survival of the fittest. It is any advantage that allows the organism to live long enough to breed and pass on its advantage.

Because you do not understand evolution and think it is still the same thing a Victorian guy described you make the obvious mistakes.

Stating 'The survival of the fittest' is an outdated concept of what evolution explains invalidates nothing. It explains your error.

My advice is to stop looking at trying to pick holes in my argument until you have closed the ones in yours.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Is there a blockage in your brain or is my meaning just not getting through to you? Survival of the fittest = natural selection = survival of those that have evolved specific traits which enable them to propogate more widely than those who predated them, causing their population to swell, while the predecessor's population dwindles due to competition between the two for food. Explain to me how those three theories which are one in the same apply to the human race and you might redeem yourself, but to me right now you just seem like you want your version of events to be true so badly that you don't care what logic is presented against it. Thanx though, I was in need of a laugh. Also, others might tell you the same (just wish they would), but my argument is ship-shape, while yours is leaking like a sieve at the moment. Got any more base insults for me to rebuff? I can do this all day.
edit on 28/3/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Reading through your epic rant I realise you were telling the truth when you wrote

Natural selection does not apply anymore, and I'm not too sure if it ever did with us humans. I don't know what rock you have conveniently placed over your head, but where I come from, the idiots thrive and multiply, while those that are intelligent are kept out of the equation.
They certainly appear to breed idiots where you are from and ignorant ones at that.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Ya it does LOL. I just hope I'm never the guy almost about to run someone over, much less the guy getting run over.

link   
reply to post by colin42

Don't even bother colin just remember what my buddy max said:

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
Max Planck

Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

link   
Check this out, i have an article on evolution on my site. thingstheyhidefromyou.info

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

*claps* Wow! Are ya done acting like a child yet? Go away, the adults are trying to talk.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Is there a blockage in your brain or is my meaning just not getting through to you? Survival of the fittest = natural selection = survival of those that have evolved specific traits which enable them to propogate more widely than those who predated them, causing their population to swell, while the predecessor's population dwindles due to competition between the two for food. .
You really are a rude and angry little chap arent you.

Survival of the fittest = you do not understand evolution. Natural selection is not survival of the fittest as I already told you.

Population numbers increasing of a successful species may be a by product but is not evolution.

Thinking its predecessor's population dwindles due to competition between the two for food is also not accurate as the traits are circulated within the herd until it is established and it does not happen alone other changes are happening all the time. Which is why the missing link is another misconception of evolution

Explain to me how those three theories which are one in the same apply to the human race and you might redeem yourself, but to me right now you just seem like you want your version of events to be true so badly that you don't care what logic is presented against it. Thanx though, I was in need of a laugh. Also, others might tell you the same (just wish they would), but my argument is ship-shape, while yours is leaking like a sieve at the moment. Got any more base insults for me to rebuff? I can do this all day
Here's your explanation which you have already been given by others. Evolution explains the forces and mechanisms that drives evolution in all life. We, The human race are animals. We are part of that life.

You are the one spewing insults and I have no doubt you can do it all day. I have often found those that bluster and shout have the least to say and nothing to back up what they say.

Sorry about this Mr. Angry but it is you that wants your version of events to be true so badly that you don't care what logic is presented against it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

*claps* Wow! Are ya done acting like a child yet? Go away, the adults are trying to talk.
Yes and if you try to listen to what they have to say instead of spitting your dummy out you may learn something.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Actually, I hate to break another one of your wanton assumptions but I am the only one between the two of us that has formulated my own opinion. This much is obvious. You just parrot what you were taught in school, while I, who have learned exponentially more since I left school take information from many mediums and locations and incorporate it into a world-view. Oh yes, and don't bother responding anymore, it must be nice to be able to insult someone like a child and then call them rude and angry when they react in kind. You, sir, would make a great politician. That wasn't a compliment. I suggest that you just go talk to your other narrowminded friends instead of boring me with a repertoire of insults that my 5 year old niece could outdo. Your logic is of a circular nature, and as such, is no use to me or anyone else here. Do us all a favour and quit wasting oxygen.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Yes, I might learn something, but you on the other hand, are obviously incapable of doing such a thing. Can't pour water into a jar that's already full of crap you know.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Yes, I might learn something, but you on the other hand, are obviously incapable of doing such a thing. Can't pour water into a jar that's already full of crap you know.

And you can't pour it into a jar that has a cap on it. You've closed your jar. Im Denying your ignorance, but it won't matter none, as you have already made up your mind based on an incomplete knowledge of the subject.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

See that's the problem with people like you (I guess this thread has alot of you), when anyone disagrees with you, you just assume that they don't know what you do. You assume that my knowledge on the topic is incomplete, and meanwhile I have spent pretty much my entire adult life researching anything I can get my hands on, and that includes Darwin's papers and lot's of mediocre pro-evolution papers. I have formed my opinion using all points of view available to me, while people like you draw from only one perspective. If you see no credence to my argument than you also have no ability to think outside of the norms that were crammed down your throat and therefore, as I have told others on this thread, your opinion is next to worthless to me as a result of this. I'm sorry if you don't wanna peek past the curtain, but that's your fault, not mine. This website was created with challenging the norms and mistruths of society and has de-evolved into a stomping ground for dogmatic chest-thumpers like you and others on this thread. How's that for a theory of evolution, whiskey delta. Honestly if I saw anything on this thread that told me anything other than the crap that I've already heard arguments for and against through my research, I would be right on it, but all I see is the same circular logic over and over again. I mean seriously, why are you here in the first place, to reaffirm your falsely-perceived superiority over everyone that disagrees with your point of view? If that is the case, I feel sad for you, as your life is going to be even more lonely than mine is. Being the smartest guy in the room has nothing to do with superiority, it has everything to do with isolation, though. Just look for the guy hiding in the corner of a room filled with people jabbering. That's me. You are obviously one of the jabberers. See? Intelligent insults are way more fun than just calling someone ignorant.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Nope that's not a cap, it's a bullsh t filter. Works very well too.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Given the amount of ad hominem attacks and condescending tone you use...I don't think you're in any position to call people "childish"

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

See that's the problem with people like you (I guess this thread has alot of you), when anyone disagrees with you, you just assume that they don't know what you do. You assume that my knowledge on the topic is incomplete, and meanwhile I have spent pretty much my entire adult life researching anything I can get my hands on, and that includes Darwin's papers and lot's of mediocre pro-evolution papers. I have formed my opinion using all points of view available to me, while people like you draw from only one perspective. If you see no credence to my argument than you also have no ability to think outside of the norms that were crammed down your throat and therefore, as I have told others on this thread, your opinion is next to worthless to me as a result of this. I'm sorry if you don't wanna peek past the curtain, but that's your fault, not mine. This website was created with challenging the norms and mistruths of society and has de-evolved into a stomping ground for dogmatic chest-thumpers like you and others on this thread. How's that for a theory of evolution, whiskey delta. Honestly if I saw anything on this thread that told me anything other than the crap that I've already heard arguments for and against through my research, I would be right on it, but all I see is the same circular logic over and over again. I mean seriously, why are you here in the first place, to reaffirm your falsely-perceived superiority over everyone that disagrees with your point of view? If that is the case, I feel sad for you, as your life is going to be even more lonely than mine is. Being the smartest guy in the room has nothing to do with superiority, it has everything to do with isolation, though. Just look for the guy hiding in the corner of a room filled with people jabbering. That's me. You are obviously one of the jabberers. See? Intelligent insults are way more fun than just calling someone ignorant.

I don't get you. But say whatever you wish I choose not to listen anymore. You have done nothing to "prove evolution wrong". You have even gone on to say in a previous post that you believe that evolution was "helped" or influenced by some outside force. Well how can this be if evolution itself does not exist??? Do you have a degree in anthropology, or archaeology, or have you ever taken a college class. Based on your posts, on what you have said, not on my opinion about you, not a predetermined baseless accusation, that you do not fully understand what you are saying about evolution. Come back when you understand better. You can read this stuff on the internet, but not a lot of people can teach themselves very well, even if given accurate information. Information does not always have a clear meaning, and can be interpreted different ways by different people unless there is background knowledge. Its funny how the argument you used against me can be directed the exact same way to you.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nope that's not a cap, it's a bullsh t filter. Works very well too.

Yea and anything that is demonstrable, verifiable, and collaborated upon = bullsh t

must be working wonders for you

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
No.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I wasn't the first, I just react in kind. Treat me with respect, and I will also reciprocate. Problem is, nobody here wanted to do that, including you.

new topics

top topics

<< 323  324  325    327  328  329 >>

join