It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 322
<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by itsthetooth
It's all subjective. The part that your failing to realize here is that we have no reason to believe you are god.

True, but we have every reason to believe that you are not a science major, and certainly not an 'identifier of arcane virus'.

He must mean the God Virus.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

True, but we have every reason to believe that you are not a science major, and certainly not an 'identifier of arcane virus'.
Well thats only because your profiling me.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I wish we could have a poll: Which of the following you find more likely?

A) itsthetooth is a science major and 'identifier of arcane virus'

or

B) rhinoceros is God

I'm leaning towards B strongly, even thou I am fairly certain that I am not God. It's just that I am even more certain that itsthetooth is in fact a liar.
It's all subjective. The part that your failing to realize here is that we have no reason to believe you are god.
edit on 27-3-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

But you have no proof that he isn't God, either.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny
But you have no proof that he isn't God, either.

Yeah, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I don't know of it being documented anywhere that you are in fact god.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

The whole whale thing has been 100% debunked because it's PHYSICALLY and BIOLOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE

1) Pressure would crush you.
2) You'd end up in the stomach where there is NO AIR.
3) You wouldn't fit through the mouth of a whale as a whole human...unless it's one of the larger blue whales...but even then you'd have to squeeze.
4) Blue whales don't swallow large creatures...only whales with teeth do that, and they rip their prey apart before swallowing.

In short, I can't believe you're arguing in favor of the whale thing...it's INSANITY!! It also shows that you value your belief over facts and rationality
People CAN live inside a whale you morons.

www.truthorfiction.com...

I can't believe you, lies lies lies. A person can't live in a whale. You know what, there is only one reason why this can happen, because it can.

Speaking about lies, have you read the link you posted...or did you simply read the title and then copy/pasted the link?

I only ask because the article proves the EXACT OPPOSITE of the claim you're trying to make

The result of Davis's research was that he could not find any credible evidence to support the James Bartley story.

Have you ever heard of "sailor stories"? Because that's what it is...FICTION. So next time you wanna call someone a moron, have a look in the mirror first

I can't believe you didn't even bother to read past the title of the link you posted. I guess it shows the quality of your "research" and why you buy so easily into complete and utter nonsense. My suggestion: Read past the title

edit on 27-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Says so in the previous page

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
reply to post by itsthetooth

Says so in the previous page

I'd join the church of rhinoceros...but sadly I'm already a Jedi

PS: Can you eat bacon if you believe in rhinoceros?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Have you ever heard of "sailor stories"? Because that's what it is...FICTION. So next time you wanna call someone a moron, have a look in the mirror first

I can't believe you didn't even bother to read past the title of the link you posted. I guess it shows the quality of your "research" and why you buy so easily into complete and utter nonsense. My suggestion: Read past the title
Well I figured you don't read past the title why should I.

Do you not read past the words evolution?

www.talkorigins.org...

I just had a co-worker read this with me to confirm that I'm understanding it correctly. He agrees with me, evolution appears to be made up from ideas.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Well I figured you don't read past the title why should I.

Do you not read past the words evolution?

www.talkorigins.org...

I just had a co-worker read this with me to confirm that I'm understanding it correctly. He agrees with me, evolution appears to be made up from ideas.

That website lists objective scientific evidence for evolution...which ISN'T the same as you or some random sailor making up some fantasy story

Pretty clear now that when you said you were a science major, you were basically talking out of your ass. If you can't even understand the difference between objective and subjective evidence, if you believe people can live inside whales and try to "prove" it through the bible, if you claim someone tampered with human DNA without providing a shred of evidence...well...then no one can help you. Why? Because you created your own FAITH BASED mini-religion. And since it isn't based on facts, rationality, and logic, having a rational/logical discussion isn't really possible.

This explains impressively how you keep on claiming people can live in whales...and you even continue to do so AFTER being proven wrong

I'll ask again: WHAT'S YOUR PROOF THAT PEOPLE CAN SURVIVE INSIDE WHALES? You clearly believe that to be true, so what's your evidence? Clearly the bible isn't proof, neither is the sailor story you posted...and of course there's the FACT that it is biologically and physically impossible. So you need to have some super secret proof if you believe it...or admit you're a blind sheep who's following blind belief.

PS: Your co-worker (if he really exists) is just as clueless as you I'm afraid...at least when it comes to evolution.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Is this rediculous thread still going?

I have a question... Can prove evolution is true? NO. You can't.

Does anybody here even understand the difference between evolution and natural selection?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69

Does anybody here even understand the difference between evolution and natural selection?

We can prove it right by actively applying the theory...which we are...in modern medicine. The FACT that you can buy meds that wouldn't exist if the theory were wrong is proof that it's correct. Natural selection is only a subset of evolution.

Apparently this thread still has to be going because a lot of people don't seem to understand what evolution is...or believe in some bat# crazy alien theory they have no proof of

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

The whole whale thing has been 100% debunked because it's PHYSICALLY and BIOLOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE

1) Pressure would crush you.
2) You'd end up in the stomach where there is NO AIR.
3) You wouldn't fit through the mouth of a whale as a whole human...unless it's one of the larger blue whales...but even then you'd have to squeeze.
4) Blue whales don't swallow large creatures...only whales with teeth do that, and they rip their prey apart before swallowing.

In short, I can't believe you're arguing in favor of the whale thing...it's INSANITY!! It also shows that you value your belief over facts and rationality
People CAN live inside a whale you morons.

www.truthorfiction.com...

I can't believe you, lies lies lies. A person can't live in a whale. You know what, there is only one reason why this can happen, because it can.

I know mrxyz got here before me, but I really do feel this needs repeating.

In order to back up a claim that people can LIVE inside a whale, mr itsthetooth posted the above link as evidence.

A quote from the article:
"The result of Davis's research was that he could not find any credible evidence to support the James Bartley story. In fact, he found evidence which made the story seem more questionable. He checked out a report that Bartley had been treated at a London hospital for the effects of the whale's gastric juices on his skin, but could not find any substantiation for it. When he read through the documents about the particular voyage during which the alleged whale incident happened, James Bartley was not listed as a crew member. More damaging to the story was a letter written by the wife of the captain of the 'Star of the East,' Mrs John Killam. The contents of her letter were published in 1907 in 'The Expository Times' by a reader who had corresponded with Mrs Killam about the whale story. She said, "There is not one word of truth to the whale story. I was with my husband all the years he was in the Star of the East. There was never a man lost overboard while my husband was with her. The sailor has told a great sea yarn."

I'm not reposting this to make tooth look uneducated, (he's more than capable of doing that himself) I am posting this to raise the question, if anyone can interpret a document so badly that they would post it in support of their POV when it clearly opposes everything they say, how much weight should be placed on any opinion they have of other documents from that point.

So, tooth, no matter what document you offer as "proof" for intervention, or against evolution, should we assume that you scrutinised the information to the same extent as the document above and then came to your decision on what you thought it means? (I actually dont think you do that anyway, I think you have an idea of what you want it to mean, and then briefly scan the document for phrases, or even single words that you believe support you hypothesis, without taking the information in context or as a whole)

edit on 27-3-2012 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I think you'll find a great number of people on here understand exactly the differences, and one that doesnt even understand the words let alone the differences.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have to say this:

It's unbelievable that we have a serious conversation about people living inside whales in the 21st century. I'm torn between wanting to bang my head onto my desk, laughing like crazy, or simply crying.

On one hand it's really sad because it shows the public education system is failing. On the other...well...we're talking about people living inside whales...that's hilarious. Lastly, what's really irritating is that the information showing the RIDICULOUSNESS of this claim is out there for free, and people have been linking to it numerous times.

What do we get in return? Some dude repeating that garbage man inside whale claim, just before posting a link as "proof" that totally debunks his claim

Please tooth, come out and admit you're just trolling or an "evolutionist" trying to keep us entertained. If so, kudos, first beer on me if you ever make it to London. If not...well, first beer's still on me...but I doubt you could point out London on a map, and as we all know, beer isn't "target food"

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

We can prove it right by actively applying the theory...which we are...in modern medicine. The FACT that you can buy meds that wouldn't exist if the theory were wrong is proof that it's correct. Natural selection is only a subset of evolution.

Apparently this thread still has to be going because a lot of people don't seem to understand what evolution is...or believe in some bat# crazy alien theory they have no proof of

Clearly your a genius and I won't waste my time trying broaden your narrow vision.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

Yes... And many who fail to understand that evolution is a belief system based on faith.

Just like any religion.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yes... And many who fail to understand that evolution is a belief system based on faith.

Just like any religion.

Or they could actually study the subject and realize that a scientific theory (like evolution) is the EXACT opposite of faith/religion. It requires objective evidence, logic, rationality, and it has to be peer reviewed and be testable. All traits religion doesn't adhere to.

Question is, will your comeback consist of another ad hominem attack, or will you actually defend your viewpoint for once?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Just like any religion.

Or they could actually study the subject and realize that a scientific theory (like evolution) is the EXACT opposite of faith/religion. It requires objective evidence, logic, rationality, and it has to be peer reviewed and be testable. All traits religion doesn't adhere to.

Question is, will your comeback consist of another ad hominem attack, or will you actually defend your viewpoint for once?
Your scientific theory is just that. Thoery. Maths is the only true science. 1 + 1 will always equal two. Other sciences are simply theory. Newton theories on physics are proof of that.

Evolution is the same as religion. It is based upon a set of assumptions which requie faith to believe that they are true and so the thery works... IF you belive in the assumptions that evolution is based upon.

If evolution is true... Show me the missing link. If fact show me one instance in which ANTHING has evolved. Show me one example of life on earth evolving into a different life form.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

If you really, REALLY want that information, I suggest you start here and travel backwards through thisn thread, all of the answers have been supplied.

new topics

top topics

<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join