It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 302
<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

No you neve lost me I pretty much agree with your observations. The anology of a high speed camera went through my mind as well. The article sort of implies this when saying how a dog can pluck a ball out of the air.
I have always wondered what dogs 'see' with their noses. If it makes a picture in their mind like sight. It is possible re synaesthesia but I suppose we will never know for sure. Odours may even be a language in its own right for some species.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

And it's amazing how much we suck at reading body language. Men in particular, no offense guys.
Us men understand body language well enough to know when we should hide in the shed or retreat to the pub. It's called survival.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Found a good quote in regards to some posters here.

"A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." Max Planck
edit on 16-3-2012 by andersensrm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

And it's amazing how much we suck at reading body language. Men in particular, no offense guys.
Us men understand body language well enough to know when we should hide in the shed or retreat to the pub. It's called survival.

Point for you, sir!

My ex husband never seemed to grasp the idea that when you're in a hole, STOP DIGGING.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Originally posted by HappyBunny

You can judge how a dog precieves his world by studying the way he reacts to it. As we were talking about communication I believe the “flicker fusion” rate of a dogs and how they notice our expressions even more than we do would open up the discussion to communication is inter species as well as within species. This also would point to language being universal although the means of comunication may vary.

Even within the human I have been told and read that communication by speech alone only contains around 20% of the information in a conversation.

edit on 16-3-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

Do we suck on reading it, or acting on it? Honestly I don't think we can stop reading body language. We get the information whether we want to or not, its whether or not we choose to listen to it, or ignore it, and whether to act or not to act on it.

That's a good point. Maybe I should have said the interpretation of body language isn't always spot on-- or you don't get enough information in order to know how to interpret it. For example, there's a guy I see nearly every day on my way to work, and I can't read him at all--it bugs the hell out of me. I've never had that experience and have never been able to decide what to make of it. Either I'm missing something, or he's really good at hiding whatever is going through his head. So I basically ignore him because I don't know what else to do. Nobody else really can figure out how to engage him, either, so they don't.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

No you neve lost me I pretty much agree with your observations. The anology of a high speed camera went through my mind as well. The article sort of implies this when saying how a dog can pluck a ball out of the air.
I have always wondered what dogs 'see' with their noses. If it makes a picture in their mind like sight. It is possible re synaesthesia but I suppose we will never know for sure. Odours may even be a language in its own right for some species.

Along those lines, do other animals dream?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

You have profiled yourself with your dishonest approach to this thread. As for you style of dating I could not give a fig. What the hell is having the upper leg? If you have upper legs this may explain why you think your hands are so otherworldly. Go see a doctor. Cant advise on your paranoia never met one until now
That is entirely your opinion that you base that on, and you know what they say about opinions.

You try to lecture me on how to debate and then follow it up with this tripe. Building and living in homes is not unnatural for humans. If you believe it is then it is up to you to prove it. Because you say so is not acceptable evidence.

But if you insist that building homes and living in them is not natural please explain the ant who does that very thing?
Look you stoop, its obvious, you have to create a fresh air enviroment to breath indoors, Heat, AC, padding for the floors, Piped water, Piped sewer, Storage for food.
How much more obvious can it be, are you seriously that stupid?

When will you ever start reading what is written and stop telling me what I am saying. You maintain that the bushman lives in this mythical comfortable zone and I am telling you the Kalahari is anything other than a comfort zone. Even other Africans cant live there as they do.
For the third time stoop, its comfort by comparison to other places that are harder to live. OMG.

So tell me how they live in a desert with no milk, medical intervention, processed food, processed water, clothes, shoes and manage to survive with their unworldly hands?
They do the same things we do stoop, they adapt. Thats all they can't do because there are no accommodations here.

So finally you explain what you meant by scavenger and you are even more wildly wrong. Go scavenge down your local supermarket and see what happens. You dont scavenge you work for money to pay for food it can no way be likened to scavenging
I have asked everyone I work with about our diet, and they all agree humans have a scavengers diet.

And every time you dodge the question you show yourself to be the dishonest fool I take you for.
If you paid more attention to the questions you were avoiding you might remember that your the one avoiding them and not me.

Nothing on this planet GRINS ITS TEETH whatever that is so your a fool and a very poorly educated one
You stand corrected yet again, this is another question I asked many people that I work with, and they all agree that showing teeth from animals is usually a sign of aggression. Your the worst lire I have ever known.

I also just gave a co worker the same words about animals smiling and she said you should put your hand in front of a dog that next time he grins at you. I had to explain to her that you already did that and lied about it.

Well as it is as you say already proven show that proof.
Sorry but your so incredulous that I lose track, ignit.

Give examples of bees doing this and supply the links and educate yourself about bees at the same time.
I already explained that I'm not going to feed into your delusion.

Caught you out in another really silly lie. Surely you dont think you can get away with it do you?
Omg you lie.

So you have hung yourself by your own words. All animals learn and so the ant learns how to farm just as we do so what they do by your own standards is not natural. So they must not be from here also. Even your own made up rules show you are wrong.
Really then please tell me who taught us to tear down trees for homes ignit?

See the lesson I gave you as a gift. So are you going to change your ways and attempt to appear less dim witted? Will you try to not contradict yourself constantly? Will you stop being so incredulous?
I was never incredulous up until the point of being sent to links that all say evolution is a postulated hypothetical theory.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So if living in a home is not natural what is? What would be a natural environment for us to live in? What would be the natural temperature, and climate? What would be the natural foods we would be eating? If we're not from here, where are we from? How did we get here? Why did we get here? If you can answer some of these questions with "evidence" and verifiable facts, that would be great.
Very good questions Ander. I would be able to answer them had I of ever visited our home planet. There would be much better accommodations for us, unlike earth.

One thing is for sure, its easy to see how its NOT suppose to be. The way that we live here is pathetic. We will spend most of our lives just trying to survive, because there are no accommodations here for us. We have to make our own. So thats all we do, is make for ourselves. Unfortunately this is also destroying the planet. Our needs get in the way of the health of this planet. It's another clue that we aren't from here.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying that everything would be handed to us on a silver platter and life would be simple, but it sure in the hell wouldn't be like it is here. It would be different, on a better level for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Use your imagination. Surely we are smart enough to think of things that are supposed to be for us. So like give me an example of what foods are supposed to be doing for us, that they aren't now. What and how we should be living that we aren't already doing, and why we would leave our "home planet" to come to Earth. If we have been rejected by nature why aren't we dead?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Interesting about this guy, what do you mean you can't engage him? Is this a guy you know, or some stranger you walk by every day, and want to get to know?

I have three dogs and they all dream. I would probably imagine their dreaming about chasing coonies and running around, because their legs are always flailing about, and there barking and wimpering in thier sleep, its actually quite funny. I would assume that they are dreaming as we do, but then again I can't be for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Interesting about this guy, what do you mean you can't engage him? Is this a guy you know, or some stranger you walk by every day, and want to get to know?

Well, let's put it this way. After more than 3 years of catching the same bus at the same bus stop, I don't even know his name. Neither does anybody else. I won't lie, when I first saw him I thought he was very good looking but his body language put me off ever doing anything about it. He is very closed, in my opinion. He will talk to you and he seems like a decent guy, but only if you initiate conversation, and even then he used to get this look on his face that I always interpreted as "get away from me now." So I do. Everyone else gave up a long time ago, he makes it so obvious he doesn't want to be bothered.. What bothers me most is the lack of eye contact. I've tried to make eye contact with him a few times--you know, treat him like I would any other human being--and he did do it but it was obvious that it was a real effort on his part. The overall impression is a negative vibe. It's no wonder everyone leaves him alone.

And yet, I've seen him around the area with other people and he's fine. I don't get it.

That is too conflicting for me, so I leave him alone. I can't figure out if he's just very quiet, very shy, or snobbish, cold, and unfriendly, or if he has an autism spectrum disorder like Aspberger's (which would explain the lack of eye contact). Everybody else votes "stuck up and snobby" but based on his behavior elsewhere I'm not convinced that's right.

I have three dogs and they all dream. I would probably imagine their dreaming about chasing coonies and running around, because their legs are always flailing about, and there barking and wimpering in thier sleep, its actually quite funny. I would assume that they are dreaming as we do, but then again I can't be for sure.

I don't have dogs, so I wouldn't know.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Look you stoop, its obvious, you have to create a fresh air enviroment to breath indoors, Heat, AC, padding for the floors, Piped water, Piped sewer, Storage for food. How much more obvious can it be, are you seriously that stupid?
What a lot of twaddle. Ants have to ensure the nest has ventilation and a sewer system and a storage system. So this also points to them being not from here under your criteria.

For the third time stoop, its comfort by comparison to other places that are harder to live. OMG.
Even someone with the mental age of a hamster and an incredibly low IQ must be able to understand that life in a desert would in no way be considered comfy. Unless of course it is to continue a lie just as you are. I will just take it this is another question you cannot answer because it kills your fantasy stone dead.

They do the same things we do stoop, they adapt. Thats all they can't do because there are no accommodations here.
Another travesty of the english language that you expect others to decode
You maintain humans cannot live without all the things on the list How have they?

So they adapt like us, which answers your stupid question about target food. Answers your stupidity when saying we cannot drink non processed food and water and again shows all your nonsense to be the ravings of a lunatic.

I have asked everyone I work with about our diet, and they all agree humans have a scavengers diet.
I don’t care what your remedial class agrees with you over. For all I know they probably just nod in agreement to get rid of you. Did any ask you what a scavenger’s diet consists of or did they just grunt?

You stand corrected yet again, this is another question I asked many people that I work with, and they all agree that showing teeth from animals is 'usually' a sign of aggression. Your the worst lire I have ever known.
The hint is in usually not as you maintained. Again I dont care what your workmates agree with you about. What do you think this is a playground?

I also just gave a co worker the same words about animals smiling and she said you should put your hand in front of a dog that next time he grins at you. I had to explain to her that you already did that and lied about it.
Just because you lie does not mean everyone else does Playing tug Did the guy die? You complete numpty get out of your ward when your allowed and get a life.

I already explained that I'm not going to feed into your delusion.
No you wont provide the proof because you cannot and yet again if you did your fantasy falls around your feet. A great lump like you, scared by ants. How pathetic are you.

Really then please tell me who taught us to tear down trees for homes ignit?
So you have hung yourself by your own words. All animals learn and so the ant learns how to farm just as we do so what they do by your own standards is not natural. So they must not be from here also. Even your own made up rules show you are wrong.

I was never incredulous up until the point of being sent to links that all say evolution is a postulated hypothetical theory.
The first instance of you being honest and it is when you are admitting to being dishonest

edit on 16-3-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Use your imagination. Surely we are smart enough to think of things that are supposed to be for us. So like give me an example of what foods are supposed to be doing for us, that they aren't now. What and how we should be living that we aren't already doing, and why we would leave our "home planet" to come to Earth. If we have been rejected by nature why aren't we dead?

I'm guessing he thinks that on a home planet, we should be disease-free, no cancer, infinite food that feels perfect, and water that we can drink straight from the ground. It's as if he thinks that animals have it easy.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

It cant be that perfect because according to him the 'home planet' is plagued by evil kdnapping aliens.

You would think on a planet thats 'perfectly suited' the planet would provide a defense against that sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by idmonster

Obviously a childrens book..it clearly states it in the title. Are you accusing Amazon of lying!!!!

Obvioulsy you are right and all of the publishers and book sellers in the world who stock and sell this book are wrong.
I think there is a big difference between a book being written for kids, and one that has a special edition for kids.

and yet you fail to realise that the edition of moby dick that you posted was exactly that.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

ID please do not confuse him even more than he is.

It took him two pages to realise Moby Dick was not an STD

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

I'm guessing he thinks that on a home planet, we should be disease-free, no cancer, infinite food that feels perfect, and water that we can drink straight from the ground. It's as if he thinks that animals have it easy.

Well that sounds like heaven to me.

Wait a minute.......,,are we........,could it be possible.

Are we angels?

Mommy i'm scared, can we go home now.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Look at it this way Ander, we sure wouldn't have super suppliment stores, and still have all the diet problems we do.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

Look at it this way Ander, we sure wouldn't have super suppliment stores, and still have all the diet problems we do.

The diet problems stem from malnutrition. Natural food is just fine, and won't give you any problems. However, once you mix antibiotics and pesticides into the mix, you have a problem. And then of course you have a ton of people who believe eating 2 buckets of fried chicken everyday is a brilliant idea.

The food on earth is good for us, and in my case, I don't have any dietary problems.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

To be more specific, we wouldn't have, or need processed foods, and we wouldn't have as large of a menu as we do now. This is what I meant by us having a scavengers menu. It's way to big. It's from a combination of calused redundant adaptation and also not having our correct food that caused it.

new topics

top topics

<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join