It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Ok . I undrestand that at least. I've been there.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Saying that you want to "prove something wrong" is a strange way to phrase things. In the scientific method, they don't use the word "prove". They only use the word "support". I think a more accurate way to say it is "disprove".

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Polarize

The mods changed the title of the thread to "Can you prove evolution wrong?*", obviously missing the point the OP was trying to get at in his opening post. If you go back and read it, the purpose of the thread is pretty clear.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

You want to know why there isnt 7billion people on this planet today?

Its because of all the tribal wars many many years ago when the first species of human was around. If there wasn't tribal wars back then, the world population COULD be higher than 7billion.

Also, all the wars created by religious, war mongering, murderous bastards who say god told them to go to war. I.E the "holy crusade".

Not to mention, all the plagues that occured in medevil times which took out of alot of the population. Plus, the life expectancy was what, 25-30?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
how come horseshoe crabs haven't changed a bit?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
evolution means to evolve, evolving means to change...According to me then we as humans if we are at the top chain, must evolve into something else then, but we haven't... there are no more Einstein's, we as humans have only focused our knowledge into evolving technology, which has taken us a step back. Christians have stayed the same with their believes and it still stays the same today...Our creator in heaven made us...why do your theories keep evolving but has no point to what you really want to find out in life. And why is it always Christians versus evolutionists? Why not Buddha verses evolutionists?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lizzapuppy

And why is it always Christians versus evolutionists? Why not Buddha verses evolutionists?

Because I've never been called amoral, evil, or despicable by a Buddhist. Nor has a Buddhist ever told me I was going to hell for being an atheist evolutionist.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I could argue that far from no Einstein's that there a thousands.

Why according to you are we 'top of the chain'? My dog is a better dog than I could evert be. I have no chance of running jumping as fast or as long as many species.

Human eyesight is weak during the day, useless at night yet my dog can run and catch a ball in his mouth be it day or night.

Evolution does not mean better or more improved model. Each species evolves to live and breed within its niche and if that enviroment changes and the organism needs to change to continue to thrive then evolution is how it happens.

I do agree that religon has no place in a discussion on evolution

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Simple Cell?

Start at 4:08 to learn things they'll never tell you in school.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Air1Radio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think it's extremely difficult to prove experimentally where a random mutation in a complex organism has proven to be so successful that it gave rise to essentially an entirely new species. Not how it was done in the past, because guess what? There's no way to prove that the mutation was random. It's an assumption.

I'm particularly wondering about the "random" part. Given that time is non-linear, I find it somewhat plausible that some mutations are "telegraphed" from the future to allow a given organism to be already adapted when an environment undergoes a rapid change. That is not how evolution is supposed to work. This is more along the lines of what Rupert Sheldrake is talking about when he hypothesizes about extratemporal morphic fields. And once that door is potentially opened, then we have to consider that expectations and the thoughts of living things -- intelligent thought -- may be responsible not only for small variations leading to change, but also to the "creation" of living things such as bacteria, single-celled organisms, and organisms consisting or organized cells performing complementary but specialized activities.

Not God. Once you get rid of the notion that time is linear, God becomes unnecessary.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What if in the beginning we had only these two things.

1.) Something

2.) Nothing

Now if you look at these two as a whole abstract the Something can become Everything, but the nothing can only become nothing. So what we might have had in the beginning is these two abstract forces that existed tandem to one another. So what we are seeing now is the something becoming everything and the nothing(space--void) continuing to be nothing.

This would explain why we have + and - in the universe.

As far as evolution is concerned, this would confirm my theory on this abstract idea. Now I do think that there is a force far greater that was created a long time ago and is the something and nothing. This force does not think like we do, but only creates or acts and stays out of the way--has no concern about trivial lives.

So in a sense it is both evolution and creationism, but beyond our understanding as it is woven together very beautifully.

That's my two cents as I see things.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero

And why is it always Christians versus evolutionists? Why not Buddha verses evolutionists?

Because I've never been called amoral, evil, or despicable by a Buddhist. Nor has a Buddhist ever told me I was going to hell for being an atheist evolutionist.

We're all amoral, evil and wicked. Even if we don't act on hateful or evil thoughts, we're just as guilty as if we had. According to God, even your thoughts are brought into account. The problem we as humans have is comparing ourselves to other people. These comparisons are always based upon actions we witness. If you could see everyone's thought life you would see just how guilty everyone really is.

A Buddhist may not tell you that you're a bad person, but that's because they're not aware of the dangers ahead for those that don't turn away from their sinful lives. Christians aren't judging you when they say you need to repent and trust in Jesus, it's simply a warning because we know what the opposite result is. We know we are just as guilty as anyone else but are thankful that Christ died to pay for our transgressions and intercedes on our behalf.

Just as our parents warn us about the consequences of stealing or lying. They tell us because they love us and want to protect us. God does the same thing when telling us what to avoid. It isn't to prevent us from having fun as most people would like you to think. It is to protect us from the consequences of these thoughts and actions. Who really enjoys lying, stealing, murder, adultery and such anyway? Hell isn't the party it is advertised to be. It is a place of true despair without any hope. You should be more than positive of your stance because this is the most important decision you can make and indecision itself is a choice.

Life won't always continue as we think they may. Everything is winding down and could be accelerated sooner than we think. Our country is slowly taking away freedoms from us. We're divided by foolish politics and tear each other apart for the slightest criticisms. We blame everyone but ourselves and hold no one accountable because we have this disease of tolerance. Our entertainment consists of hate and destruction. The fate that awaits this world cannot be stopped, and if God's love and grace reaches only one person here, hopefully that one person can reach others in an even greater way.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Air1Radio

Some of us don't require fear of punishment or promise of reward to do what is right. Yes those who do require those things continue to feel smug and superior. Preach to someone else -- I'm not interested in what you're peddling.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Right. If you do something just to make someone happy (God for example) its not a reason to do it. You should do it because you truly want to. Thats why i dont believe Christians are doing good things out of good heart.

And scaring someone into believe something is a dirty way of making people Religious. When you get down to it, its quite cruel.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

There's only one thing we orta live by. Treat everyone the way you'd want to be treated yourself. Simple as that. Christians live by a fear of God instilled centuries ago by the priests to keep everyone in line.

I'm inclined to the Buddhist way of thinking, and I reckon 'Hell' is Earth. Where else would you find the hate, despair, hunger, killing etc but right here. Live right, become more spiritual and eventually you won't have to come back to hell and go round again.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by chevyfireball
How about this:
Evolution is the means by which God creates. There are no inbetween fossils because God just takes a look and says "Well that ain't gonna work" and wham wipes em out and wham brings in the next model. I mean to say, how can you expect anyone or any 'God' to just imagine a creature, and its perfect right off the bat - ain't going to happen I reckon.

Well, there goes his omniscience, omnipotence, and perfection. You can scrap the Bible too, now you're disagreeing so strongly with its descriptions of God.

Makes one wonder why you need doubt the standard account of evolution in the first place.

Simple. I don't believe in the God of the Christian bible. I believe in a Creator and he ain't the one thats going to burn the hell out of anyone who doesn't cower down to him.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Why should they? They seem to do just fine the way they are now. Quite simple.
edit on 9/10/11 by Thain Esh Kelch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

How about this:
Evolution is the means by which God creates. There are no inbetween fossils because God just takes a look and says "Well that ain't gonna work" and wham wipes em out and wham brings in the next model. I mean to say, how can you expect anyone or any 'God' to just imagine a creature, and its perfect right off the bat - ain't going to happen I reckon.

Well, there goes his omniscience, omnipotence, and perfection. You can scrap the Bible too, now you're disagreeing so strongly with its descriptions of God.

Makes one wonder why you need doubt the standard account of evolution in the first place.

Simple. I don't believe in the God of the Christian bible. I believe in a Creator and he ain't the one thats going to burn the hell out of anyone who doesn't cower down to him.

The commandments were to protect us from deceptions of Satan. You are creating a god of your own image and believing whatever you feel is right based off your own understanding. Everyone wants to believe God's goodness and forgiveness is what will save them when that is actually the very thing that will condemn them. If you were standing before a judge and clearly guilty of theft or murder or rape as examples, and you asked the judge to let you go free because you believe that he is a good, how do you think the judge would react?

Bottom line is that we're all guilty of everything in the book and God loved us so much that He sent Christ to die as payment of our sins. There is no good deed on earth that can help you earn the grace of God. Even the faith given to us is a gift so that none should boast of earning salvation of their own efforts.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Air1Radio because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2011 by Air1Radio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Why should they? They seem to do just fine the way they are now. Quite simple.
edit on 9/10/11 by Thain Esh Kelch because: (no reason given)

considering the number of eggs they lay there should be a few mutations that were equally as successful. You mean with all the mutations they've ever had none could find a niche on the hundreds of millions of years they've been around?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I think it is not hard to make a case for there being a great deal of evidence for common ancestry among living systems, but no empiric evidence for the connection and subsequent divergence being accounted for by a series of chance mutations occurring over 3.5 billion years.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join