It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 297
<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
reply to post by HappyBunny

Toothy, just out of curiosity, have you ever seen the movie The Gods Must Be Crazy?
I just finished watching it. Very funny and enjoyable thanks for the heads up. Even bushmen realise coke a cola is evil.

I was 11 or 12 when it came out--it was funny then and it's still funny. Glad you enjoyed it!

I think Toothy might benefit from it since he apparently thinks that we can't live in the same world as Bushmen.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

What are you talking about, I have looked at the link.
If you had you would not keep asking stupid questions or make the ignorant comment in reply to Varemia about how they may be a different species. The choices one makes does not make you a different species you complete and utter ignoramus and now add racist to the list.

Colin is probably the first time in my life the bushman is brought up, there is no significance.

I know your trying to do everything you can to identify with ties to nature but I'm sorry there is nothing there for me.
Ignorant to a fault.

Ok for the third time now, it means that the defect wont be expressed unless its present in both parents. In other words you might have the gene but not the problem. This is why you keep looking like an idiot every time you keep arguing about the genes that wont allow us to live past puberty.
Now explain the part that it plays within the bushmen.

Only because of modern research.
I doubt seriously if the bushmen are responsible for the medication I take
Again you laugh before you know why. Again you show your lack of intellience and complete ignorance Medicine and the bushmen

The Kalahari Desert contains many unique plants, including medicinal plants whose uses have been learned from the Bushmen. The great value of Devil’s claw, or Harpagophytum, as a natural medicine was learned by the Germans (from the Bushmen). This resulted in a multimillion-dollar international industry, which incidentally led to the local extinction of the plant in many areas.
I expect you to ignore it but your wrong again.

Actually you were commenting about me having to repeat myself. Its because I don't accept dishonest answers.
No actually you wrote whether you will decide to give an honest answer.
Here is your statement

That depends, on weather or not your getting an honest answer.

edit on 14-3-2012 by colin42 because: quote to the liar

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Worse he believes they are a different species. Disgustingly ignorant world view.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
That might sound good on paper but it is possible that humanoids are allowed to mate with each other.

What do you mean "allowed?" If we can pull a bushman out of his home, where he has lived off the land successfully for thousands of years with few health problems and a fairly long life (60 years or so is extremely lengthy in the wild for any animal as most die of health complications), we could put that bushman right into modern society. There would be a learning curve, sure, but he would survive, and he could have children with other humans, because that's what defines a species.

What you're thinking of is races, and being a different race does not make you any less human. It's like saying a terrier is a different species to a golden retriever. They're just breeds/races of dogs.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Originally posted by colin42

Toothy, just out of curiosity, have you ever seen the movie The Gods Must Be Crazy?
I just finished watching it. Very funny and enjoyable thanks for the heads up. Even bushmen realise coke a cola is evil.

I was 11 or 12 when it came out--it was funny then and it's still funny. Glad you enjoyed it!

I think Toothy might benefit from it since he apparently thinks that we can't live in the same world as Bushmen.

Great flick

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

That might sound good on paper but it is possible that humanoids are allowed to mate with each other.

What do you mean by saying "allowed to"??? If they can procreate they're the same species, if they can't, they're not. It's simple biology

Now your making claims on things you know nothing about. You have already admitted to knowing nothing about aliens, how can you excluded them when you know nothing about them? Your being dishonest.

You know nothing about aliens either, at least if you base it on whatever you've posted in this thread so far. You are essentially creating your own little alien religion...and just like every other religion, it isn't based on facts or objective evidence (you're welcome to prove me wrong by posting objective evidence to the contrary).

And you know what, that would be OK. You have the right to believe whatever you want. The problem is, you pretend your BELIEF is FACT when in reality it really isn't given the complete and utter lack of proof behind your claims. You're a bit like a snake oil salesman. And even worse, pretty much every post you make gets proven wrong...yet you simply continue to try and sell people your healing snake oil

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You are essentially creating your own little alien religion...

I pointed this out about he-who-shall-not-be-named a while ago in this thread after he admitted that his claims were outside the realm of evidence and he dodged it using hi typical methods -- he created his own definition of religion that stated religion had to have some kind of beneficial effect on the adherent. He's blind to the fact that his religion allows him to effectively blame all of his life's problems on fictitious aliens that brought his species here rather than accept that he and his species aren't the unique and beautiful snowflakes he so desperately wants them to be.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

If you had you would not keep asking stupid questions or make the ignorant comment in reply to Varemia about how they may be a different species. The choices one makes does not make you a different species you complete and utter ignoramus and now add racist to the list.
And I'm suppose to believe this from someone that believes that humans and apes are the same species.

Ignorant to a fault.
It's true, you have bushmen on the brain, more than I have aliens.

Now explain the part that it plays within the bushmen.
If they don't have our genes, they don't have our defects.

Again you laugh before you know why. Again you show your lack of intellience and complete ignorance
Now here is where you always take things to an extreme in your direction. Just because bushmen shared some medicinal ideas does not mean they cornered the market in the idea.

I expect you to ignore it but your wrong again.
No I'm not, in fact I'm sure the bushmen are not responsible for any medication I have taken.

No actually you wrote whether you will decide to give an honest answer.
Here is your statement
It was a reference about you ingus.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

What do you mean "allowed?" If we can pull a bushman out of his home, where he has lived off the land successfully for thousands of years with few health problems and a fairly long life (60 years or so is extremely lengthy in the wild for any animal as most die of health complications), we could put that bushman right into modern society. There would be a learning curve, sure, but he would survive, and he could have children with other humans, because that's what defines a species.

What you're thinking of is races, and being a different race does not make you any less human. It's like saying a terrier is a different species to a golden retriever. They're just breeds/races of dogs.
What I'm trying to say is there might not be gametic isolation between alien humanoids.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

What do you mean by saying "allowed to"??? If they can procreate they're the same species, if they can't, they're not. It's simple biology
No its not your basing a simple finding on a reaction or the lack of. Which doesn't in fact prove gametic isolation. Gametic isolation proves gametic isolation, not simply trying to breed, and failing.

You know nothing about aliens either, at least if you base it on whatever you've posted in this thread so far. You are essentially creating your own little alien religion...and just like every other religion, it isn't based on facts or objective evidence (you're welcome to prove me wrong by posting objective evidence to the contrary).
Not at all, there is no faith, so there is no religion. Futhermore I'm simply reading things from the correct perspecitve, where as it hasn't been in the past.

So at best you can say, its a new understanding. However you can't even use the word new because I'm not the first to agree with it. Looks like your really behind here.

And you know what, that would be OK. You have the right to believe whatever you want. The problem is, you pretend your BELIEF is FACT when in reality it really isn't given the complete and utter lack of proof behind your claims. You're a bit like a snake oil salesman. And even worse, pretty much every post you make gets proven wrong...yet you simply continue to try and sell people your healing snake oil
Well the only problem with your snake oil theory is that it requires a belief and a believer, none of which applies here. I simply understand correctly, there is a difference.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

I'm going to assume your referring to me.

I never said that I blame all of my lifes problems on aliens, its actually written to be so, there is a difference.

It's one thing if I just believed in something that I pulled out of thin air while I'm simply understanding things more correctly. There is a big difference. This is why you never get anywhere arguing with me about having a faith or religion, I have neither. It's complicated but it would appear that everyone has once again dropped the ball in understanding.

Understanding is not a faith.
Understanding is not a religion.
Understanding is not a belief.
It would appear that you all of you that don't understand are just not qualified to read the book, much less understand it.
You lack the credentials to understand it, so you mock it. A typical reaction from a child.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

And no single raindrop ever accepts blame for the flood.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I think I watched that years ago.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

So you think that successfully breeding is what identifies a species? What about when a horse breeds with a donkey to produce a mule, what do you call that?
edit on 14-3-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ok mr simple biology, how do you explain a horse breeding with a donkey to produce a mule? They aren't the same species, how does that work?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Ok mr simple biology, how do you explain a horse breeding with a donkey to produce a mule? They aren't the same species, how does that work?

A mule is a dead-end species. It cannot mate with other mules, horses, or what have you. Horses and donkeys produce offspring that is not fertile, and the only reason they can make a mule at all is because they are close enough in evolutionary descent to have chromosomes that pair up.

Come on man, do some homework before you post here and look like a fool.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Way too late for that...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

What I'm trying to say is there might not be gametic isolation between alien humanoids.

The mechanisms of reproductive isolation or hybridization barriers are a collection of mechanisms, behaviors and physiological processes that prevent the members of two different species that cross or mate from producing offspring, or which ensure that any offspring that may be produced is not fertile. These barriers maintain the integrity of a species over time, reducing or directly impeding gene flow between individuals of different species, allowing the conservation of each species’ characteristics.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is no gametic isolation between humans that live in cities and the humans that we call bushman. They only get that name because of where and how they live, and they do live, not difficultly like you suggest. They thrive.

Stop being so ignorant.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

And I'm suppose to believe this from someone that believes that humans and apes are the same species.
And here again you use the deflective lie to avoid addressing the point. Your racism.

It's true, you have bushmen on the brain, more than I have aliens.
Truth is you have no answer to the bushman. Time for you to run again.

If they don't have our genes, they don't have our defects.
Now show the proof that proves they dont have our genes.

Now here is where you always take things to an extreme in your direction. Just because bushmen shared some medicinal ideas does not mean they cornered the market in the idea.
No. This is where you, as always refuse to admit your wrong. Its why I have no respect for you at all.

No I'm not, in fact I'm sure the bushmen are not responsible for any medication I have taken.
You can only be sure if you have investigated. Perhaps ask your wards nurse. Mental home staff are usually pretty knowledgable about the sedations they administer

It was a reference about you ingus.
Another lie to cover a lie about a commitment to lie.

edit on 15-3-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join