It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 293
<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DorkLard

So wait...are you seriously saying the same thing as that clown? That every single biologist, geneticist, archaeologist, doctor, and history expert is somehow controlled and barred from presenting "the truth"?

You can't be serious, especially in the day of the Internet. The US couldn't even keep their black sites secret, or the torture going on at those prisons...yet somehow someone can control every single scientist in the world, including foreign ones?

That's not even a conspiracy, that's a pure crazyness

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I actually did find a book of his on the train. The virus bit was poetic license for sure but the book was crap and left where I found it.

The shame is misplaced history has always interested me. He kills the subject stone dead.

BTW Trains are like a book store. I have found many books one. 'Above Top Secret' Timothy Good. Hard back nearly new condition

Edit 2 just looked it up on ebay $94 new
edit on 13-3-2012 by colin42 because: book

edit on 13-3-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

So wait...are you seriously saying the same thing as that clown? That every single biologist, geneticist, archaeologist, doctor, and history expert is somehow controlled and barred from presenting "the truth"?

You can't be serious, especially in the day of the Internet. The US couldn't even keep their black sites secret, or the torture going on at those prisons...yet somehow someone can control every single scientist in the world, including foreign ones?

That's not even a conspiracy, that's a pure crazyness

So why are you on this site if you believe that no agency or department can hide or cover anything up and never has done ?

By your reasoning how can any conspiracy exist ?

Why are you wasting your time on this site ?

Why don't you just do something more constructive with your time.

I don't mean to be forward but I wouldn't even waste my time going to sites I had no interest in and type crap unless i was getting paid for my time.

PS here's a dollar head over here

www.justinbieberzone.com...

edit on 13-3-2012 by DorkLard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The fact that I'm posting on a conspiracy forum doesn't mean I'm blind enough to buy into stuff that's demonstrably wrong...like that clown's claims

There's a difference between being interested in conspiracies and completely losing sight of reality. Believing humans were on earth for millions/billions of years would be such a case of "losing sight of reality".

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The fact that I'm posting on a conspiracy forum doesn't mean I'm blind enough to buy into stuff that's demonstrably wrong...like that clown's claims

There's a difference between being interested in conspiracies and completely losing sight of reality. Believing humans were on earth for millions/billions of years would be such a case of "losing sight of reality".

But by your own reasoning how can all those people who work for the government by hiding something ? All those scientist in labs ? working for NASA ? The Media ? how can they all keep quiet ? How can they be keeping us all in the dark ?

See with alternative archaeology you are just picking out one small detail and shunning the rest, have you ever considered that the Earth may of been fully populated before and technologically advanced before ?

What ever wiped out the dinosaurs could of almost wiped out man on more than one occasion and this could account for megalithic structure's around the world or one of the many underwater cities around the world such as the pyramids off the coast of Japan or even the Pyramids in Egypt, or those little known ones in Bosnia which are a lot bigger than the ones in Egypt

Human skeletons were found during the digs during the California gold rush found in Middle Pleistocene deposits which were given an age of 800000 years, going totally against Darwins theory.

I'm sure there are many scientists that will say that they are not real because they go against the government approved timeline, but hey just like climate change, only the ones with the same point of view as the government get the funding to continue as in all fields.

BTW there is more than one author and researcher in the field of alternative archeology, Immanuel Velikovsky is just another one, but once again i give the same warning, nobody is 100% right

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The government agencies you list operate by misinformation. You are prevented from seeking the truth by government agencies.

Evolution offers open and verifiable evidence, backed up by the fossil records. You are invited, even encouraged to test the evidence presented by evolution.

Whatever wiped out the dinosaurs also severely culled the mammals at the time but humans were not around to be wiped out so its a non argument. There is a pretty convincing explanation for the demise of the dinosaur involving a comet FYI.

I take it these skeletons found in the Californian gold rush were found by miners. Very science based evidence.

You accept the findings of gold miners but not archaeologists. I find that strange.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

But by your own reasoning how can all those people who work for the government by hiding something ? All those scientist in labs ? working for NASA ? The Media ? how can they all keep quiet ? How can they be keeping us all in the dark ?

The planet doesn't only consist of the US, there's THOUSANDS of scientists in nations the US has ZERO control over. And what about all the graduate and PhD students conducting active research? Are you seriously claiming they get some sort of manual on day 1 stating that it's forbidden to tell people how long humans lived on earth? And who's enforcing that, and how? You make no sense whatsoever...

See with alternative archaeology you are just picking out one small detail and shunning the rest, have you ever considered that the Earth may of been fully populated before and technologically advanced before ?

The fact that you could never hide something like that isn't a "small detail"

That alone debunks that clown's statements...

What ever wiped out the dinosaurs could of almost wiped out man on more than one occasion and this could account for megalithic structure's around the world or one of the many underwater cities around the world such as the pyramids off the coast of Japan or even the Pyramids in Egypt, or those little known ones in Bosnia which are a lot bigger than the ones in Egypt

Do you know what plate tectonics are, or how earthquakes can dramatically elevate or sink land? Have you ever visited the St. Andreas fault line in the US?

And on top of that, we can accurately date those submerged cities...and guess what, they're not millions/billions of years old

Human skeletons were found during the digs during the California gold rush found in Middle Pleistocene deposits which were given an age of 800000 years, going totally against Darwins theory.

You are confusing homo sapiens (modern humans) with Homo Erectus.

And you got the geography wrong too, as the oldest skeleton found in the Americas is less than 14k years old: LINK

I'm sure there are many scientists that will say that they are not real because they go against the government approved timeline, but hey just like climate change, only the ones with the same point of view as the government get the funding to continue as in all fields.

Given that the majority of science funding comes from the private industry, the above statement is comically wrong

BTW there is more than one author and researcher in the field of alternative archeology, Immanuel Velikovsky is just another one, but once again i give the same warning, nobody is 100% right

And just like the other clown, this one too is a creationist AUTHOR and PSYCHIATRIST and NOT a scientist. He has no degree, hasn't conducted any real research, and uses a book as proof (bible) that's full of contradictions and demonstrably wrong information.

I have to ask: If you get sick or break your leg, do you visit your local car mechanic? Because you using those clowns you quoted as sources of information is akin to doing just that

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I take it these skeletons found in the Californian gold rush were found by miners. Very science based evidence.

Even worse: At the time of the gold rush, people didn't even have the means to date stuff as far back as 800,000 years. Radiometric dating wasn't even invented until much later.

Also, there's zero credible reports of those skeletons, or proper scientific studies. The only places mentioning them are pseudo-scientific sites like creationhistory.com

The same sites claiming giant skeletons were found

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I would also point out the debate on global warming. I don’t want to get into it but point out that despite governments giving funding to scientists that towed the line there were many that stood against it and demanded real evidence.

So global warming or not there are those within the scientific community that demand verifiable evidence let alone some very gifted layman. Secrets are very hard to keep within science due in part to the stringent controls around evidence.

The few fake fossils were uncovered by scientists and the findings made public by science. I believe as a group they police themselves quite well.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm afraid your not very consistent in your replies, I would advise doing some research thats not internet based.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DorkLard
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm afraid your not very consistent in your replies, I would advise doing some research thats not internet based.

That's the best you can come up with?

Enlighten us, how am I not consistent?

I think I'm very consistent in pointing out what clowns the 2 guys you linked to are, and every single time I provide scientific evidence to back up my claims...which is more than you bother doing

As for using Internet sources, it doesn't matter where you get the info from as long as it's proper scientific info that was tested, sourced, and peer reviewed...which all my sources are. You on the other hand quote guys that are demonstrably wrong, and talk about information only mentioned on creationists blogs and pseudo-scientific websites. None of it is backed up by objective evidence or facts

edit on 13-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Even worse: At the time of the gold rush, people didn't even have the means to date stuff as far back as 800,000 years. Radiometric dating wasn't even invented until much later.

I think you'll find the phrase 'Middle Pleistocene' is a geological term for the Ionian stage, a period of geologic time from ca. 781 to 126 thousand years ago.and was widely known in the 1800's, I mean when do you think the first dinosaur was discovered and dated using geology rather than the modern methods ?

I think if you look at my post carefully and READ IT i did mention that

This is basic geology, I learned these levels at the age of 14.

Basing your opinions with a low epistemological level on this subject is quiet egotistical and somewhat dumb !
edit on 13-3-2012 by DorkLard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

I think you'll find the phrase 'Middle Pleistocene' is a geological term and was widely known in the 1800's, when do you think the first dinosaur was discovered ?

Basing your opinions with a low epistemological level on this subject is quiet egotistical and somewhat dumb !

Again: Without radiometric dating you can't date rocks or anything else accurately. Given that they didn't have the means to use radiometric dating back then, it's pretty clear that your "gold rush skeletons" stuff is complete and utter nonsense.

How about you link a peer reviewed scientific articles showing evidence of those skeletons instead of simply repeating nonsense you pick up on creationist websites?

For once, just once...post real objective evidence!

And just fyi, before radiometric dating, there was no accurate "geological dating" as you call it. Scientists had no means to figure out the age of rocks before 1900. In fact, the first study about this was done in 1905. And this wasn't practically applied until years later. Those are FACTS btw

edit on 13-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm not here to spoon feed you

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Hmm bit of a leap from talking about 800,000 year old skeletons found by gold miners that shows Darwin was wrong.

How about you back up that first before you charge onwards in you crusade for an argument.

Edit

Or back up your belief that science is a lie.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

I think you'll find the phrase 'Middle Pleistocene' is a geological term and was widely known in the 1800's, when do you think the first dinosaur was discovered ?

Again: Without radiometric dating you can't date rocks or anything else accurately. Given that they didn't have the means to use radiometric dating back then, it's pretty clear that your "gold rush skeletons" stuff is complete and utter nonsense.

How about you link a peer reviewed scientific articles showing evidence of those skeletons instead of simply repeating nonsense you pick up on creationist websites?

For once, just once...post real objective evidence!

Your Right and these things:

upload.wikimedia.org...

dont exist because there is no way that man could ever be that technologically advanced in the past to build them.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm not here to spoon feed you

I'm not asking to be spoon fed...all I'm asking for is a single shred of objective evidence, something you have totally failed to provide

But from your answers it's pretty clear you are unable to provide any real evidence, and rather continue your smug promotion of pseudo-science. I hope you realize it's kinda hard to take you seriously if you don't even bother posting objective evidence in a thread talking about science

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny
Thanks Barcs.
I was a little hesitant in writing that--I thought for sure everyone was going to think I'm nuts. Not that you don't already, but still!

For sure, it's a good topic to think about. I saw a very good special on either History channel or Discovery a couple years back that was theorizing about some kind of comet impact in the Indian Ocean. That would make perfect sense considering the vast amounts of flood myths in Asia. It very well could have happened more than once over the years.

I've always liked mythology and I'm convinced that there's something very real behind the myths of a flood. As you say, it wouldn't cover the whole world at once, but various regions would be affected in different ways. The coasts with tsunamis--which would be absolutely enormous, by the way. Physics isn't my thing, but as I understand it, the height of the tsunami would be equal to the depth of the water in which the comet impacted due to the potential energy. Can you imagine the destruction it must have wrought? Australia, India, the Americas (North and South), the British Isles, the Pacific islands. And further inland, deep inside the continents like Asia, it would be constant rain.

It really depends on the size of the comet or asteroid, but yeah there would definitely be some destruction. Probably at least 100 foot high Tsunami. Scientists have determined that around every 500,000 years or so, we are struck by an object 1km or so in diameter causing lots of damage, and plenty of smaller ones in between. Maybe most of the myths come from the big one. Maybe that happened much more recently that we realize. Of course now I can't find the link about the cycle of extinction level events.

What's interesting about the end of the Ice Age is that the world got very, very cold again around 7500 BC. All agriculture stopped, then we went through a period of global warming to the point we now call it the Climatic Optimum, and it's been downhill ever since. (AGW my butt. The 5000 year trend is downward. Each successive warm period after the optimum has gotten cooler and shorter than the last.)

Here's the kicker, though. There is another nitric acid spike at around 3100 BC with another disruption in the climate. Make of that one what you will.

That is interesting. I didn't realize the the last interglacial was warmer than this one. So it's still getting colder as a whole in this ace age, and we're destined for another glacial period eventually. But the temperature is getting warmer in this interglacial period. Am I getting that right? That does pretty much turn global warming into a joke. One these days, we are going to get tested again. Hopefully we'll be advanced enough to prevent a future large impact event. Part of that may be predicting the cycle.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

dont exist because there is no way that man could ever be that technologically advanced in the past to build them.

Except, we do know how they were built...hell, there's Egyptian paintings showing how men pull massive blocks of rock

Here's the link if you care about facts: LINK

FYI, archaeologists often pull blocks of rocks weighing 2 tonnes and more without the use of technology.

Of course watching Ancient Aliens on the "History" channel won't tell you that...even though it's been known for years

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Your Right and these things:

upload.wikimedia.org...

Calm down. You are all over the place.

Have not seen anyone saying we could not have built the pyramids. We just did not use the brontasaurus to quarry the stones as shown in the Flintstones is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join