It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
God exists. You cannot doubt His existence, and that is one essential point. Do not seek to go beyond it; do not lose yourselves in a labyrinth which, for you, is without an issue. Such inquiries would not make you better; they would rather tend to add to your pride, by causing you to imagine that you knew something, while, in reality, you would know nothing. Put aside systems. You have things enough to think about that concern you much more nearly, beginning with yourselves. Study your own imperfections, that you may get rid of them; this will be far more useful to you than the vain attempt to penetrate the impenetrable.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

In return, I think it's funny how you expect people to give up a belief you claim to be absolute BS. For one that is clearly beyond all doubt BS. ie the universe just farted itself into existence. No Creator needed. No possibility of a spiritual being of a greatly higher level of existence than our own. No evidence of that at all. Duh that might be because he's spiritual and not material. Tunnel vision is the best vision.

Science has shown us many things. It can't show us what ought to be done. If there is one thing in this universe that I believe proves there is a creator it's light. Light is the creation that breaks through the black nothingness of
darkness. The darkness does not exist the creation of light does.

What are the odds of just one protien molecule coming together on its own ?
I know, evolution dosn't have that answer. Then guess what ? Evolution is incompetent and belongs right where it is. In the minds and books of scientists. Don't bring it to the rest of us as if its something humans can believe in
and trust when all that would be ? Is trusting in the limited view of a fellow prisoner of this world. Just another fool.

edit on 26-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In return, I think it's funny how you expect people to give up a belief you claim to be absolute BS. For one that is clearly beyond all doubt BS. ie the universe just farted itself into existence. No Creator needed. No possibility of a spiritual being of a greatly higher level of existence than our own. No evidence of that at all. Duh that might be because he's spiritual and not material. Tunnel vision is the best vision.

First, you know full well that this discussion has nothing to do with the origin of the universe. Second, I've never asked someone to give up their faith because of science. What I do ask is that people be willing to accept observable and objective evidence that exists regardless of one's particular faith. Seriously, if you can't reconcile your all-powerful God with scientific fact, it sounds like you're believing in a pretty impotent God.

Science has shown us many things. It can't show us what ought to be done. If there is one thing in this universe that I believe proves there is a creator it's light. Light is the creation that breaks through the black nothingness of
darkness. The darkness does not exist the creation of light does.

Nor should science dictate morality. That's a question for philosophy.

What are the odds of just one protien molecule coming together on its own ?
I know, evolution dosn't have that answer. Then guess what ? Evolution is incompetent and belongs right where it is. In the minds and books of scientists. Don't bring it to the rest of us as if its something humans can believe in
and trust when all that would be ? Is trusting in the limited view of a fellow prisoner of this world. Just another fool.

And, yet, you and all of the other people who deny the existence of evolution reap it's benefits on a daily basis. You already "trust" it in a hundred different ways that you don't even realize. Nearly everything you do in your life that has its roots in or something to do with biology is impacted by a scientific theory you refuse to believe in.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

First, you know full well that this discussion has nothing to do with the origin of the universe.

Yes I know that That's why my post only mentions it.
I do feel that God is neither potent or impotent tho. But that he is just God. Imeasurable really on any scale.
My point was that evolution belongs right where it's at. Never to replace any one belief system anywhere.
You say there is no intent but I don't know if I believe you. No I think there is. Maybe not from you personally
but I'm pretty sure of it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
no one can prove anything.

we are a work in progress.

better than being stagnant.

how does looking at rocks and fossils equate with a solid timeline of history?

how many blanks need to be filled?

it's only the best we got.

keep it up guy's!.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
In the beginning there was energy. Not God. Where did the energy come from? I dont know, nobody does for certain. Until we find out for definite what caused the energy, there really is no point in putting all of your faith and beliefs into a story that was written by somebody, many years ago, who didnt know how to explain all of the things around him.

Just look at how far we have come in the past hundred years or so, since science started giving people the truth about what things are, and where they come from.
If you go back further than that, people only had religion and in my opinion they were stuck in an age where technology was called the work of the devil, and anything unexplainable was passed off as witchcraft.

The sooner people stop thinking the universe was created by a single entity, and actually open their minds to the possibility that there may have been a completely reasonable explanation into what caused the beginning of life as we know it, the sooner we will all be able to get along as a race of human beings, without the need to fight over whos god is best.

Lets be honest, the majority of wars in history have been down to religion. More recently they have been down to oil, but if we hadnt seperated ourselves by religious views, there is no reason why all of the earths resources could not have been shared out between us all.

There are still people living with no food in an age where its all about who has the best phone/car/house or whatever, but while people are still insisting on keeping what they have in the way of resources to become as rich as possible, it will never get any better.

If there was no such thing as religion, there would be no reason for people to have different laws all over the world, and if we were all reading from the same script, there would be no need for people to have nothing.

Dont get me wrong, people would still fight over something, but it would at least be one less thing to fight about.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I promised myself one day that I would not get involved in the creationism vs evolution debate (anymore), but * sigh *

The problem is that the big debate is between 2 theories which most people tend to think are the only possibilities. What if there is a third possibility not necessarily a combo of the two? I am yet to make up my mind about the whole thing but I would vote for option #3

Evolution is a strong theory as there are mountains of evidence. The problem is that 99% of this evidence is for natural selection and only 1% for organisms changing species. Evolutionists will say that even 1% is enough but others will scream that it's more 70/30

The evidence for creation is pretty much POV. A creationist will say that specified complexity and the beauty of nature is proof of creation. The skeptic will say that proves nothing.

The other problem is that fundamentalists on either side cannot and will not be moved no matter what. They have come to that point where they say, "I believe 100% in X (x = God or Evolution) and no matter what anyone says that will never change."

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes I know that That's why my post only mentions it.

Why bring it up at all in a discussion about evolution?

I do feel that God is neither potent or impotent tho. But that he is just God. Imeasurable really on any scale.

You believe that God created the Universe. That hardly sounds like you’re being noncommittal regarding his power.

My point was that evolution belongs right where it's at. Never to replace any one belief system anywhere.

I agree. The theory of evolution is an incredibly useful tool for describing a scientifically observed phenomenon and making predictions based on those observations. It’s not a worldview, it’s not a belief system, it’s not a religion. Nor does it disprove the existence of God.

You say there is no intent but I don't know if I believe you. No I think there is. Maybe not from you personally
but I'm pretty sure of it.

As a scientist who works with other scientists that are a pretty good mix of theists and atheists, I have to disagree. I think you’re reading some kind of wholesale conspiracy against religion being conducted by science into the words of a vocal minority. What you're doing is no different than when people point at the behavior of the congregants of the Westboro Baptist Church and try to apply that to all Christians.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

IDK, conspiracy can be such nasty word these days. I would agree with agenda tho.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
In order to get the answers you're looking for, the right questions are essential. Asking for others to disprove something will never get anywhere. None of us were around when earth was created so you should be asking:

1) If God created the universe, what is He like and what does that mean for my life?
2) If life came to be here by (insert method of choice), what does that mean for my life?

If it was chance that brought everyone to be, we can easily answer the question of what that means for our lives. We wouldn't be accountable for anything we've done when we're gone from this world and we are free to live life doing anything we truly desire.

On the opposite side, if God created the universe, and He is holy, righteous and just, can He forgive our transgressions and how without directly compromising those attributes? Why did God create the universe and us? What is our purpose? There are too many questions to list here because we can ask what God expects of us in every aspect of our lives.

I know it's shocking but I believe God created the universe. I'm amazed the word universe hasn't been changed yet since it means a single spoken sentence/verse. "Let there be..."

I also believe that God sent His very Word to live as a man and ultimately give His life to pay for man's sins. Living a life of hate, lies, adultery and theft are things people punish each other for. How much more authority does God have then to deal with our iniquity? You've all heard it before and been annoyed assuredly by this message. But know that God loves us even as broken as we are and wants us to turn from our lives of wickedness. Jesus tore the veil so you can personally know God, all you have to do is ask.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That's fine. Switch "conspiracy" to "agenda" and I'll still stand by my statement. You're letting a vocal minority color your perception of all scientists. If someone painted all Christians with a broad brush based on the actions of the Westboro Baptists or Catholic priests, the theists on these boards would be screaming bloody murder. I don't know why I'm saying "if", given that I've seen threads that consisted of just that, but you get my point.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Well now I think you might be just plain ole wrrong about that. I do recall making you a possible exception.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not that I don't appreciate the good word for when the anti-science pogrom happens, but I think you're giving scientists too much credit. It's a pretty even split between scientists that lean toward theism and those that lean toward atheism. The level of coordination that would be required between the atheist scientists would be incredible -- trying to get two scientists to come to agreement on something is harder than herding cats. Trying to get thousands to adhere to a nefarious agenda would be like herding every cat on the planet. And that's not even considering that the theistic scientists would have to somehow be duped into going along with the program. Like I said, vocal minority that gets lots of attention, but doesn't speak for most scientists.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not all evolutionst subscribe to atheism.
Explaining things without God does not make God unnecessary for many scientist.
Many scientists are firmly committed to God. Many interpret their findings as glorifying God!
Anyone worried about atheism should be more concerned about creationism. Creationism can lead to questioning faith when people discover that its claims are false and its tactics dishonest. This has led some people to abandon religion altogether. Don't ask me how I know.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Herding cats, can you imagine ?
LMAO. That was a good one.

Never heard that before.

Flying
You're not right partner. Ok I won't ask. I'll just say you got me by the hair and if you knew me ? That does get my attention.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Flying You're not right partner. Ok I won't ask. I'll just say you got me by the hair and if you knew me ? That does get my attention.

This blanket statement is a complete fail and so is your proof of evolution being incorrect.
Try harder or go away.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by randyvs

Flying You're not right partner. Ok I won't ask. I'll just say you got me by the hair and if you knew me ? That does get my attention.

This blanket statement is a complete fail and so is your proof of evolution being incorrect.
Try harder or go away.

A blanket statement ? That only shows interest in the last five words in your post ? Go away ? Ha Ha really ? Where should I go ? Any ideas ?

I guess I will ask then, how do you know ?
edit on 27-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Try here there are others who subscribe to the universe farting into existence.

I said don't ask..
edit on 27-9-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by randyvs

Try here there are others who subscribe to the universe farting into existence.

I said don't ask..
edit on 27-9-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

I havn't been this confused since I signed up here.

Lil help Fish ?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just ignore me I'm in rare form.
Sorry

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join