It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 289
<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by Varemia

And so it doesn't even matter to you that only people of European descent even have the ability to drink milk? The rest of the world can't physically do it. Their body cannot digest it after they are babies.

You're just using milk as an excuse to believe your beliefs. It doesn't hold water once it is critiqued.
And it doesn't have to. The fact is we still drink it and depend on it for calcium, the fact is that it seems to have never have replaced anything else in the realm of calcium, meaning it was our main choice of calcium.
Granted a lot of people don't drink milk but I'll bet they still eat the processed cheese that comes from it which by the way ranks the highest on the calcium list. Perhaps they eat products that have calcium from milk in them.

I don't need to prove anything, its in the stores today being sold is pretty damn good proof to me.
Happy is trying to tell me that the reason we started to drink milk was an alternative to tainted water. So in other words it just so happens to be a coincidence that it ranks high on the calcium list that we happen to be lacking in. I don't buy it.

Why do you keep on repeating that crap? We already told you that the majority of people don't use milk as their main source of calcium

There's plants that provide calcium too...and last I checked not everyone has access to milk, or the ability to store it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

You know whats funny Happy, is you shifted the excuse of us using milk to poor water issues, which again leads me to believe in the same point I was trying to make all along.

Why is it that no one else seems to see how obvious it is, if we don't have water here to drink, it possible this isn't our home. You never hear about other species on this planet suffering from poor water conditions, or not being able to find water to drink.

Our needs with water go beyond just having water available and this is the problem. The water on this planet doens't suit us, as is. It still needs to be filtered and processed for safe drinking. You never hear about other species having problems with unsafe water. I guess you never stopped to wonder why.

Either way Happy, your still making my point.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Pangaea was a long time before the flood phenomenon. Water from mars isn't in my book of probabilities either. Water from a comet is a viable addition to our planets water supply though.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

You was asked to explain by me if you are correct how do cows that only eat grass produce full fat milk. Your answer was I believe they drink milk.

Going to ignore the rest of your dishonest post as you have had described to you in great detail and have been supplied many links to back up all that info that show you are wrong.
Dude, you are high, I never said that, please show me the page where I said that. And learn english your gibberish is showing again.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by itsthetooth

Back in the old days they ate a lot of wild game and cows that were lean. If the body is working properly it processes fats to energy. Beef has two of the needed saturated fats but butter has one that meat doesn't have much of.

Butter, cream and coconut contain lauric acid. It's also found in breast milk. Lauric acid helps reduce total cholesterol:HDL by increasing levels of HDL.

If you want an explanation for why we have so much heart disease, here you go. A decrease in breastfeeding AND a crazy push to cut out butter, cream, and the so-called fatty oils.

The other saturated fat comes from tropical fruit like coconut which they didn't have in Europe. I'm trying to find the local source of this type of fat but still need to research it. To utilize Saturated fats for energy it appears that there has to be a proportion that needs consideration. I've got much research in this area yet.

I think you're thinking of the omegas 3 and 6 which are polyunsaturated--and the ratio might not matter anyway. There was a study done a few years ago which found that the levels of n 6 didn't really matter. What was important was n 3.

Now, as far as the saturated fats go, stearic acid and palmitic acid are mostly found in meats. And again, the amount consumed might not be important anyway. You can decrease your intake all you want, but without a corresponding increase in the PUFA's, it's not going to matter.

Bottom line is this: Increase your intake of polyunsaturated fats. There is NO--none, zero, zip--evidence that saturated fat increases your risk for heart disease.

edit on 3/13/2012 by HappyBunny because: Fix quote tags

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Pangaea was a long time before the flood phenomenon. Water from mars isn't in my book of probabilities either. Water from a comet is a viable addition to our planets water supply though.

A meteorite containing enough water to submerge the entire planet would have been large enough to destroy the planet completely...so that's not really an option

And the "it rained 40 days and 40 nights" hogwash is obviously wrong too because if enough rain fell during that time to submerge the planet, it would have to rain 120,000 times more per day than it does today...and the air would become completely unbreathable. So Noah if he existed and that myth is true would have not drowned, but simply suffocated

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You know whats funny Happy, is you shifted the excuse of us using milk to poor water issues, which again leads me to believe in the same point I was trying to make all along.

Why is it that no one else seems to see how obvious it is, if we don't have water here to drink, it possible this isn't our home. You never hear about other species on this planet suffering from poor water conditions, or not being able to find water to drink.

Our needs with water go beyond just having water available and this is the problem. The water on this planet doens't suit us, as is. It still needs to be filtered and processed for safe drinking. You never hear about other species having problems with unsafe water. I guess you never stopped to wonder why.

The water on this planet suits us just fine. Just try going a day without it and see what happens.

Cow's milk is 87% water.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You do realize the vast majority on this planet drinks untreated water, right? People have survived with untreated water for thousands of years. Pollution and germs can cause issues, but if you ever took your pet to the vet you'd realize that they aren't immune to this...a TON of animals have parasites and suffer from disease caused by water.

Treated water is "better", but it's not a requirement for humans to survive...as is evident by the FACT that we have survived thousands of years without treated water.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm allergic to milk. Since I burnt my box I had to come up with alternatives so chose the best source of calcium I could find. I make soup out of soup bones every week. I boil the bones for hours and I get all the calcium I need. I still haven't worked out a suitable antidote for PG yet, the calcium needs to be present in the intestines at the time. Same thing applies to Oxalates, if the veggi has calcium levels that are adequate they aren't toxic. Spinach needs milk.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I'm allergic to milk. Since I burnt my box I had to come up with alternatives so chose the best source of calcium I could find. I make soup out of soup bones every week. I boil the bones for hours and I get all the calcium I need. I still haven't worked out a suitable antidote for PG yet, the calcium needs to be present in the intestines at the time. Same thing applies to Oxalates, if the veggi has calcium levels that are adequate they aren't toxic. Spinach needs milk.

According to tooth that's not possible...clearly you have to rely on milk to get calcium

Seriously though, give broccoli and spinach a try...both contain calcium.

edit on 13-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The large majority on this planet didn't until very recently. The reason it's a popular source of calcium is that it's so readily available,
In comparison to what?
We have nothing by comparison.

that's all. As mentioned earlier, there's tons of other sources of calcium,
Which aside from sardines don't measure up to our needs according to the chart I have listed many times on calcium needs.

Something else that seems to have been missed several times that I have posted it is that our need for calcium actually goes up with age.

In short, your assertion that a % of humans drinking milk is somehow proof that humans "don't fit in" is beyond laughable.
My assertions sticks, no one is still able to provide reason why we ever turned to milk to begin with. Happy says it was a water substitute. I don't buy it and want to see that source. In addition no one is ever able to produce what it is that milk supposedly replaced, and why.

The fact is we use milk for its calcium, always have, always will, granted not everyone drinks it but most people do eat cheese, or some other diary products like butter, or sour cream. I would say that groups percentage is probably pretty high.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Oh dear Happy as I thought this dud has leapt on the water thing showing we are not from here but ignored the explanation of why as per ususal.

What a complete and utter rear end this guy is.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The water was bad in places for a long time. The English used tea to purify their water and a lot of Europeans used alcohols in the past

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What is PG and why do you think you need an "antidote"? You make it sound like a poison. Why does spinach need milk?

Do you have any idea why we don't do so well with oxalates? (I know the reason, I just want to see if you do.)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

Oh dear Happy as I thought this dud has leapt on the water thing showing we are not from here but ignored the explanation of why as per ususal.

What a complete and utter rear end this guy is.

I don't know why anybody bothers, really. Except that you guys are just wells of information and that makes it worth it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by colin42

You was asked to explain by me if you are correct how do cows that only eat grass produce full fat milk. Your answer was I believe they drink milk.

Going to ignore the rest of your dishonest post as you have had described to you in great detail and have been supplied many links to back up all that info that show you are wrong.
Dude, you are high, I never said that, please show me the page where I said that. And learn english your gibberish is showing again.
You know full well that was what you were asked and the answer you gave. You go search it out as I have already told you. I don’t jump through hoops for you.

As for learning English coming from a complete illiterate that thinks Moby Dick is a childrens book please forgive my natural reaction of showing you the finger.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

In comparison to what? We have nothing by comparison.

This is getting silly, people have already posted half a dozen times that plenty of vegetables contain calcium...yet you simply continue to ignore it because it doesn't fit your irrational view of the world. The same approach you take with everything that disagrees with your opinion

Which aside from sardines don't measure up to our needs according to the chart I have listed many times on calcium needs. Something else that seems to have been missed several times that I have posted it is that our need for calcium actually goes up with age.

Google "sources of calcium", plenty of ways to get it apart from milk. My brother can't even drink milk for crying out loud, and he does just fine without it. Tofu has plenty of calcium for example...

My assertions sticks, no one is still able to provide reason why we ever turned to milk to begin with. Happy says it was a water substitute. I don't buy it and want to see that source. In addition no one is ever able to produce what it is that milk supposedly replaced, and why. The fact is we use milk for its calcium, always have, always will, granted not everyone drinks it but most people do eat cheese, or some other diary products like butter, or sour cream. I would say that groups percentage is probably pretty high.

Milk isn't just useful for calcium intake...it also provides protein, aka ENERGY! We drink milk for the same reasons we eat meat, because it's the more efficient energy provider compared to vegetables. To get the same contents of energy as you find in a steak or glass of milk, you have to eat a TON of vegetables.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Um, wrong. People who cannot digest the milk enzyme lactose cannot, repeat, CANNOT eat milk or milk products. Cheese still has lactose in it, and you're ignorant for believing that they must eat it in order to conform to your beliefs.

Change your beliefs and start anew. You're WRONG.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

The water was bad in places for a long time. The English used tea to purify their water and a lot of Europeans used alcohols in the past

All you have to do is boil it...problem solved. Billions of people without access to clean water do it, it's not rocket science.

And let's not forget that humans survived on untreated water for thousands of years before we started purifying it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Broccoli and spinach are both plants that cause you not to take up iodine, broccoli being the worst. They are both oxalates too, in which the calcium is not bio-available because it is used up neutralizing the oxalate. Too much and you get kidney stones or Gall stones. I've just hit about every variable while trying to eliminate milk. Kidney stones suck. My wife lost her Gall bladder.

Neither of these veggies hurt you in moderation but trying to get your calcium from them is not wise.

new topics

top topics

<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join