It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 278
<< 275  276  277    279  280  281 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
maybe we were NEVER apes... we have just always been closely related.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer
maybe we are no more related to chimps are than horses are to dogs... but more so than horses are to mice.

see what i am saying.

one big split out of the ooze or something.

The fossil record kills that theory. It shows that certain traits were developed at different times, and it displays times when creatures looked like a combination of "different" creatures we have today.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

ok, maybe i read something wrong... been up all night. i swear i thought it said something along those lines...about devolving or evolutionary decline or something....

I'm trying to read through the part where they start talking about apes instead of chimps saying that gorillas and chimps actually make a poor model of what might be our ancestors...and that apes have evolved fast in comparison... is that what it is saying. so now it's apes and not chimps.

Our last common ancestor was neither chimp nor human. That would be Ardi or something like Ardi. And chimps are apes just as we are.

en.wikipedia.org...

We still can't make babies with apes and I'm sure that many on here would like a very detailed explanation of what is preventing them from doing this.

We already know what's preventing us from doing that.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

maybe we are no more related to chimps are than horses are to dogs... but more so than horses are to mice.

see what i am saying.

one big split out of the ooze or something.

The fossil record kills that theory. It shows that certain traits were developed at different times, and it displays times when creatures looked like a combination of "different" creatures we have today.

i can't depend on the fossil record though... I don't trust it at all. way too much room for guesses.

i have heard that some archeologists have tried putting different animal bones together and been caught and proven wrong doing such thing but who knows.... could be. i still can't trust the fossil records.

i don't think it is reliable although i do believe some things can be learned from it of course, but they should be taken with a grain of.... sand.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

We are still apes.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

ok, maybe i read something wrong... been up all night. i swear i thought it said something along those lines...about devolving or evolutionary decline or something....

I'm trying to read through the part where they start talking about apes instead of chimps saying that gorillas and chimps actually make a poor model of what might be our ancestors...and that apes have evolved fast in comparison... is that what it is saying. so now it's apes and not chimps.

Our last common ancestor was neither chimp nor human. That would be Ardi or something like Ardi. And chimps are apes just as we are.

en.wikipedia.org...

We still can't make babies with apes and I'm sure that many on here would like a very detailed explanation of what is preventing them from doing this.

Not Last common ancestor.... just ancestor. in this case the wide held opinion among evolutionists is that it IS a chimp.

and the last part was a joke obviously.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

We are still apes.

en.wikipedia.org...

uh, no... we are NOT apes.

we are a different species than apes now... obviously.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

We are still apes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ape is not a species. It's an arbitrary classification of primates. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

We are still apes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Read what Varemia wrote so I don't have to repeat it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

What, you think we just make that stuff up out of thin air? I assure you there is a mathematical and physical reality for every single number we use.
Thats not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about what limitations and variables that allow us to be 6 feet tall and not 8 feet tall.
Its all based on averages.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by Varemia

What, you think we just make that stuff up out of thin air? I assure you there is a mathematical and physical reality for every single number we use.
Thats not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about what limitations and variables that allow us to be 6 feet tall and not 8 feet tall.
Its all based on averages.

Actually, it's based on genes. Read up on it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Not Last common ancestor.... just ancestor. in this case the wide held opinion among evolutionists is that it IS a chimp.

Actually, not ancestor at all. I gave you the wrong link. My bad.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3/5/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/5/2012 by HappyBunny because: Add new link

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

We are still apes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ape is not a species. It's an arbitrary classification of primates. en.wikipedia.org...

ok...and you think like others that we should be placed in this class of primates?

i don't agree. I think we are apples and oranges at this point. We are like NONE of them.. but they are a lot like each other in numerous ways. Us? Totally and completely different.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

but wait.... didn't you or someone else i was just talking to just say that they STILL think we came from chimps?

so how can the term ancestor not be correct?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i simply did not say most recent common ancestor or last common ancestor.

i just said ancestor.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

but wait.... didn't you or someone else i was just talking to just say that they STILL think we came from chimps?

Who the hell ever said we came from chimps? Nobody!

Humans and chimps and gorillas and all the apes have a common ancestor. Period.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

We are still apes.

en.wikipedia.org...

ok...and you think like others that we should be placed in this class of primates?

i don't agree. I think we are apples and oranges at this point. We are like NONE of them.. but they are a lot like each other in numerous ways. Us? Totally and completely different.

Well, actual research contradicts you. We are 99% chimpanzee, like it or not. It's not our fault some people just can't seem to accept that fact because they have an anthropocentric view of the world.

I think I'd rather be descended from a chimp than some of the humans on this board!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

We have every single trait that we use to identify apes. Even our dentition (tooth pattern) is the same as the other apes. Seriously, take some sort of bio anth class. It will increase the size of your understanding.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Who the hell ever said we came from chimps? Nobody!

Humans and chimps and gorillas and all the apes have a common ancestor. Period.

well, where the hell have you been the last two pages. LOTS of people say that and i went back and forth a few times about that article YOU posted trying to establish whether or not they thought we were still from chimps or that they had now come up with some other idea and the answer i got in so many words was no, still chimps... just more uncertin of how to establish which traits did what because apes have been evolving too!

YEP

that is what we have been talking about and this is what i have read all along of evolutionists theories... that they think we evolved from chimps as opposed to gorillas and orangutans.

yep... that what has been said by MANY...and not just in this thread.

I think we are going STRAIGHT back to the fact that they simply don't know.

and since we are so unlike apes and now it seem that you claim they think that we have some UNKNOWN common ancestor... that really kind of weakens the argument for unassisted evolution in general.

Technically all animals have a common ancestor but we can;t describe what that would be either, but it doesn't change the fact that we all come from the same stuff.

so now, it could be anything... we still have absolutely no explanation for the split because we have no idea what he any missing link is.

I, personally, like my one big split theory at the origins of life on planet earth.

screw the fossil record. They clearly glued that junk together.

edit on 5-3-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

We have every single trait that we use to identify apes. Even our dentition (tooth pattern) is the same as the other apes. Seriously, take some sort of bio anth class. It will increase the size of your understanding.
Hey Varema why don't you show him that skull that proves we are related

<< 275  276  277    279  280  281 >>

join