It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 274
<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Again that Data as you call it, is all from an educated guess, and whats sadder is its the basis for evolution.

You know whats is even sadder.
You believe taxononomy is the basis for evolution and think it's an educated guess.
Did you just fall out of a clown car.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by MrStyx

There is no proof. People cannot stomach the fact that evolution is a THEORY and not FACT. We will know soon enough though. 2012 is here. Finally.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoNotForgetMe
Reply to post by MrStyx

There is no proof. People cannot stomach the fact that evolution is a THEORY and not FACT. We will know soon enough though. 2012 is here. Finally.

Hey look! another clown

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Reply to post by MrStyx

You're another person confusing the urban usage of theory with scientific theory. Scientific Theory means it has been tested and had no tests prove it to be invalid. The urban one is idea. Evolution is not an idea. It's fairly close to fact, but still adjustable as new knowledge comes in.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

Sorry about that, you set that one up. I was dazzled by all the theory's and facts.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

People cannot stomach the fact that evolution is a THEORY and not FACT

The opposite is true.
Some people cannot stomach the fact that they are primates.
They know god?
Somehow this puts them above all other lifeforms on this planet. It's disgusting and arrogant. We can appreciate our lineage with all life forms.
It's the most incredible dance of history and the beauty of it all is, we are evolved enough to see it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Reply to post by MrStyx

Sorry to disappoint you, but evolution is a FACT.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
God/Satan did it.

are you serious?

--i mean, its usually only evolution or God/Satan... if there is a third option if have never heard it.

unless you count "i dont know".. which is probably the best bet actually
edit on 21-9-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

Well, here's one. One that, in my opinion, is the most plausible"

Ancient Astronaut’ theorists, like myself, believe that a race of intelligent extraterrestrial beings visited and/or colonized Earth in the remote past, whereupon they upgraded the primitive hominid Homo erectus by means of genetic engineering to create the human race as we know it: Homo sapiens.

Evidence for this idea is found,

in the improbability of Homo sapiens emerging so suddenly, according to the principles of orthodox Darwinism

in the myths of ancient civilizations which describe human-like gods coming down from the heavens and creating mankind ‘in their own image’

Homo sapiens is thus regarded as a hybrid being, incorporating a mix of terrestrial genes from Homo erectus and extraterrestrial genes from an ascribed “race of the gods“.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69
I'm sorry I am not one of those "GOD FOLK" but I don't entirely believe in evolution. But just because I don't believe in evolution doesn'y mean that I believe the some "GOD FIGURE" spoke the world into existance either.

I don't what you believe about evolution but I have never seen any conclusive evidence that anything has ever evolvoled into somthing else. Let's not forget that "natural selection" is different from "evolution". I happen to be well aware of the important role that natural selection plays in nature.

I believe in creation by an intelligent being.

I guess that sounds kinda retarded to you

The problem with argueing about creation vs evolution is the fact that more often than not thhe two side are argueing over the same "evidence". They just interpret the "evidence" differently.

I not quite sure what you were aiming for with this thread.

I agree.

And the intelligent being(s) were an advanced civilization of extraterrestrials.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Well the facts are that we humans share much of the same DNA with apes.

However, some of our DNA is untraceable, and there is the tiny little matter of that missing link still.

I vote aliens meddled with the genetics on this planet.

Agreed.

As do most scientists. We did not/ could not have evolved from apes. However, we share similar DNA (but only a mere 4%) and have 96% 'mystery' DNA that is not coded....

Yes. Humans were genetically engineered by a 'higher' (more advanced) race of beings.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

However, some of our DNA is untraceable, and there is the tiny little matter of that missing link still.

Agreed.

As do most scientists. We did not/ could not have evolved from apes. However, we share similar DNA (but only a mere 4%) and have 96% 'mystery' DNA that is not coded....

Yes. Humans were genetically engineered by a 'higher' (more advanced) race of beings.

You've got it backwards. Our DNA is like 98% the same as chimps. Quick research shows that it's closer to 95%.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I can prove all humans fallible.

See any topic regarding the Earth being flat.

We were CERTAIN!

hmmm

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Agreed.

You've got it backwards. Our DNA is like 98% the same as chimps. Quick research shows that it's closer to 95%.

No.

More than 98 percent of all DNA, was called "Junk DNA" by molecular biologists, because they were unable to ascribe any function to it. They assumed that it was just "molecular garbage". If it were "junk", the sequence of the "syllables", i.e. the nucleotides in DNA should be completely random.

Junk DNA percentage

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Did you even read the second paragraph?

Increasing evidence is now indicating that this DNA is not "junk" at all. Especially, it has been found to have various regulatory roles. This means that this so-called "non-coding DNA" influences the behavior of the genes, the "coding DNA", in important ways.

You're not very good at this arguing thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

You know whats is even sadder.
You believe taxononomy is the basis for evolution and think it's an educated guess.
Did you just fall out of a clown car.
There is no believing about it, its a scientific fact.
The whole basis of evolution is on an educated guess. Educated with a strong meh, at that.
How are you going to tell me that you know for a fact that if 8 feet people start popping up in our lineage that its a sign of evolution when we have nothing scientific to base our genetics on to begin with.

Seriously if you think we have evolved from anything, I'm not going to go back into the common ancestor which is a loaded crock to begin with, we have sure done a piss poor job of it.
We left a fitted lifestyle, left a fitted diet, left a fitted health order. We have nothing to show for our days of evolution but possibly some primiative tools at best, and you want me to believe we evolved. Well if we did, we must have de-evolved, cause we sure sucked at it.

We technically have no target diet, and that has been proven by me throwing it out on this thread. No one has successfully contested the idea, except colin. He thinks humans were made to drink another animals milk to an industrious level.
We fell out of a fitted health regumen. Our health is so piss poor that we have over 4000 genetic defects that wont allow you to live past puberty. We all have to have medical intervention from birth including vaccinations or face the possibility of getting sick and possibly dying. Again the only one that contests this is colin, he thinks medical intervention is not needed and we could all live fine like bushmen, and our species would not go extinct from the lack of. Colin seriously sounds like the guy that wont go to a doctor until his arm is laying next to him.

We had a fitted diet of the wild, and rather than maintain (which I don't believe we evolved so I don't believe its our diet to begin with) a fitted diet, we have resorted to processing foods. Most likely because we are trying to suppliment our diet with something that is missing. Some disagree with me and say that greed is the only thing that has stirred us away from a healthy diet but the truth is, there is no such thing as a target diet for humans. This is why we have trainers, diets, suppliment stores, dieabetes, IBS, and other sickness. It's as though people are actually believing that people have chosen to be sick.

I'm sorry, I don't buy it. If people are willing to pay TOP dollar to our half ass doctors because they are worried so much about there health, I think that most of them would also have enough common sense to also try to stay healthy though eathing correctly. The problem is whats good. We honestly don't know, and the reasons are simple, its not our food. How are we suppose to eat correctly when we don't have the food to do it with to begin with. I'm sorry but I don't buy the lame excuse that its a choice we all make. Granted bad choices are being made, but those choices were only brought into existance because we have been struggling to create a target diet for ourselves. In the process we have become callused with the idea of adaptation, and throw in some greed, and now you have junk food. The problem is that junk food was not always available from day one, and we felt for obviious reasons that we needed to expand our menu. This has gone in many directions, but we still have no target diet.

So your going to tell me I'm falling off the clown car, when your the one that is taking a scientists word on our genetics based on commonality. It seriously looks more like your falling out of a clown car. I can understand that most people just believe that its correct simply because we have believed in it for so long, but the fact of the matter is, we have no other way to guage things. They have no way to look at your DNA and determine what the vectors are. Evolutionists however sure do base change on it though.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

I don't know whats coming up in 2012 thats going to change things, but I seriously doubt if people will wake up and realize that evoltuion is a fraud.

They have been giving me links to sites that clearly say evolution is based on postulated hypothetical theorys but just expect me to buy into the delusion. I have pointed this out to them time and time again, but they persist, which is why I say I don't think they will wake up.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

You're another person confusing the urban usage of theory with scientific theory. Scientific Theory means it has been tested and had no tests prove it to be invalid. The urban one is idea. Evolution is not an idea. It's fairly close to fact, but still adjustable as new knowledge comes in
Adjustable theorys ??????????????????? WTF. Now I know why you all buy into this crap, its adjustable like my shoelaces.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
reply to post by ButterCookie

Did you even read the second paragraph?

Increasing evidence is now indicating that this DNA is not "junk" at all. Especially, it has been found to have various regulatory roles. This means that this so-called "non-coding DNA" influences the behavior of the genes, the "coding DNA", in important ways.

You're not very good at this arguing thing.

Yes I am. Quite good actually....I corrected you about the percentage that has been considered 'junk'...remember you said that I had it backwards, that it was 4% instead of 96%?????

Anyways, I know it its not junk. My whole point on this matter was that it is not of a terrestrial nature,and that (like you just supported) scientist have now recognized this.

Keep up.

edit on 3-3-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by itsthetooth/

You're a liar and an idiot.

To claim that only colin disagrees with you is a lie. Everyone disagrees with you. I disagree with you, and I'll let the others post on their own behalf if they wish.

Everything ...and I mean EVERYTHINg you have posted as proof to support your fantasoes has been shown to be false. Every theory you have postulated and hypothesised has been shown to be the ravings of a poorly educated, misunderstanding fool.

You have not the intelligence to contribute to this thread, you have no desire to enter into debate.

The only reason you are here is becuase every thread you have started on this topic has been moved to the skunk works and you hope to keep your fantasy alive by hijacking another thread.

Every post you have made has been off topic.

I sincerely hope that the people on this thread stop responding to your infantile rambling and feeding your "oh so obvious" need to be the center of attention.

TO THE POSTERS ON THIS THREAD...THIS HAS BECOME THE "LETS ALL PANDER TO TOOTH" THREAD. i ASK ALL OF YOU TO STOP RESPONDING TO THIS IMBECILE....LETS ATEMPT TO HAVE A PROPER DISCUSSION ON THIS TOPIC AND JUST IGNORE ANY FURTHER POST...I IMPLORE YOU...PLEASE.

edit on 3-3-2012 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Gravity is an educated guess, lightspeed is an educated guess, the laws of physics are an educated guess. Whats to stop these things from all the sudden stopping or changing. What if gravity all the sudden changed, and all planets and stars just fell apart. What if light speed changes drastically, we have an extremely educated guess that these things won't stop, because we have never seen any "data" or evidence of it, going back billions of years. Same with evolution. So if you are saying that you don't buy it, because it's based of an educated guess, then I guess you don't buy gravity, light speed, the laws of physics, they are all obsolete to you, because they can change at any time. The fact that it doesn't change, is purely an educated guess. We have absolutely no way of knowing, if it will change, or when. The same goes for evolution, so your argument doesn't work here. Its just more of the blowing off of facts as usual. We can sit here and argue whether the earth is flat or not, based on the structure of the universe. Is the universe flat, or spherical? And if it's flat, does that then make the Earth flat, technically? IT doesn't matter, because in terms to us, for shared meaning, it is a sphere, end of story. Conceptualizing it, we can see that this might be wrong, that it is only an educated guess, but this is irrelevant, if we accept that it can be both, then we will lose shared meaning, as we won't be able to differentiate between two thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join