It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
reply to post by HappyBunny

I was of the understanding Ethiopinas that live at altitude on average have enlarged lung capacity.

There are plenty of white sprinters that train but never reach the medal stand which is dominated by afro and afrocarribean sprinters.

I dont think it is just down to training TBH

Hi Colin,

Believe it or not when I was writing that post I wrote about the people who live in the Andes at altitude and how their bodies accommodate the lack of oxygen. And then I thought it probably didn't address the point so I deleted it.

You're right though, it's not ALL down to training, although that has a lot to do with how well they perform. (Not to mention any performance enhancers they're taking, etc.) You just made the point that there's a lot of variation as to how well people are adapted and suited to certain things.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

Now see, everything that your going on about in height differences and so on, shows what we consider normal and safe, and how we base that. We used to think being 8' tall was unhealthy. Based on......??????? we use an assumption based on normalcy. There is no scientific rule that tells us that being 8' tall is unhealthy. We look at everything about life in this way. We make assumptions based on what we consider to be normal.

No. "Normal" is subjective.

As far as 8 feet being healthy, I'd suggest you go looking for specific cases about people who have achieved that height. Look at the physical problems they have. They don't live very long, and many of them don't live long enough to have children. If they don't have children, those genes don't get passed on. Now, as I said, there is a limit to how well the body can cope without an adaptation--a MUTATION--that would allow an entire population to thrive with that trait. Right now, 8 feet seems to be it. At this point in time, it's a liability, not an advantage.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

And I'm saying so what you got a bum link, I still know they exist as I had a friend that owned one.
I linked you to information. Please supply a link to your bogus friend

Actually your wrong again, I have looked and never found anything.
Told you before. Nelson saw no ships when he looked through his blind eye

Sure, but in your opinion, its not so balanced. I'm saying so what, they still exist even if you found one not so balanced.
The point is Pinochio you are the one that found an unbalanced system and tried to pass it off as balanced and you keep on dishonestly avoiding admitting error

Ok colin since your being so incredulous, here are some more links for you to tear up.

www.advancedaquarist.com...
www.ohgizmo.com...
It's ok colin I know your still learning how to use google so I will do it for you.
Do you know how funny that is? I bet you dont?

Your first link is to another sealed shrimp/algea globe.
Your second link is to an article about the evil fish tank. Or are you talking about the tank Ipond? Its not real you know.

Well then it looks like you got your work cut out for you again, you need to notify all these vendors that there is no such thing.
I prefer to keep showing you to be dishonest and wrong thanks.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Hi HB

You are correct too but it is the variation that is the strength of evolution. Infact it is variation that is the strength of any species including man and should be an important message lerned from what evolution describes.

Diversity and diversity within species is nature hedging its bets to ensure life on this planet continues.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I linked you to information. Please supply a link to your bogus friend
Oh this is way back before we even had internet.

Told you before. Nelson saw no ships when he looked through his blind eye
Sounds like Nelsons problem.

The point is Pinochio you are the one that found an unbalanced system and tried to pass it off as balanced and you keep on dishonestly avoiding admitting error
You mean sort of like how you tried to pass of the house sparrow as a bonafide relationship with humans?

What about all the links I have provided, do you believe I made all the websites too?

Do you know how funny that is? I bet you dont?

Your first link is to another sealed shrimp/algea globe.
Your second link is to an article about the evil fish tank. Or are you talking about the tank Ipond? Its not real you know.
Neither, I believe it was the goldfish.

I prefer to keep showing you to be dishonest and wrong thanks.
I know colin everyone is wrong and your right.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

The point was that the entire genome has been mapped, so we can analyze it and tell exactly what the differences are between homo sapiens of the past and homo sapiens of today. The gene for lighter skin evolved originally in Neanderthals because they lived in Europe for 300,000 years, during a few ice ages, eventually it was shared with homo sapiens when they bred.
Which is all fine, but for the second time now, evolution has nothing to do with mixed breeding. There is nothing that proves this mixed breeding has anything to do with evolution.

I'm sorry, but WHAT? One of the reasons the average height (to continue that discussion) in the US is dropping is because of intermarriage with new ethnic groups, such as Latinos. Now, that's not meant to be racist or anything, but Latino men are shorter than even the Japanese.

Well its quite simple actually. First your trying to tell me that starting out as apes, we became another species, and humans have them as a common ancestor.

The fact that you put that into one sentence shows you've no clue what you're talking about.

To go through all of the changes to allow this to happen would take trillions of years.

Evidence, please? As Barcs said, people are complaining because the rate is faster than it should be.

There is no benchmark, so you are right that most people complain it being to fast, and that's looking at it in existing terms. The problem is that it couldn't have happened in this short of time though microevoltuion or macroevoltuion. Since macro is just micro many times over, it would take trillions of years.

Show your work on that one, please. I'd like to see your calculations.

IMO none of these events are real, in any time frame. We have no evidence that has ever proven conclusively that any species became another species. It's something that supposedly happens all the time, even today, but happens over long enough periods of time as so it can't be witnessed. So looking at bones and fossils we are still unable to identify this process. I call total BS on it.

Because you don't understand it and worse, you're making no attempt to understand it.

The evolution bug is made up but fits well with the rest of the evolution theory's. It is in fact the ONLY way I can see to understand these magical changes that happen. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and evolution would be no exception to the rule.

Actually, quite a bit of our genome is made up of bugs...viruses, that is. But I don't want to confuse you any more than you already are.
edit on 3/1/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Hi HB

You are correct too but it is the variation that is the strength of evolution. Infact it is variation that is the strength of any species including man and should be an important message lerned from what evolution describes.

Diversity and diversity within species is nature hedging its bets to ensure life on this planet continues.

Well, yes. Did you think I was implying anything else? I wasn't, honest.
As I'd mentioned to Toothy a couple of pages back, too few changes or too little variation and a species sacrifices adaptability.

DNA won't let you become too diverse without becoming a new species, but it does give us a LOT of leeway.
edit on 3/1/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/1/2012 by HappyBunny because: Because my thoughts are all over the place right now and what's in my head isn't coming out right through my fingers!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Oh this is way back before we even had internet.
Why does your inability to back up another tall story not suprise me. It is a good example of the Pye tehnique. You make a claim and then find an excuse why you cannot show the evidence. Well done padawan your dark master will be proud

Sounds like Nelsons problem.
Sounds like a problem you both share.

You mean sort of like how you tried to pass of the house sparrow as a bonafide relationship with humans?
Show me with a reasoned and logical argument that I am wrong.

What about all the links I have provided, do you believe I made all the websites too?
I showed you the quality of the links you supply in the post above. Ipond is a balanced eco system

Neither, I believe it was the goldfish.
The evil fish tank then. Even more outrageously wrong. The point of the article was for the goldfish it was death in a bag

I know colin everyone is wrong and your right.
Again you are wrong. Everyone is right just you are wrong.
edit on 1-3-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Not acusing you of anything. I just made a statement. If I pressed a button it was by mistake. peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Not acusing you of anything. I just made a statement. If I pressed a button it was by mistake. peace.

Oh, no, you didn't push any buttons at all. I know I'm not being very clear...there's a rally going on in the plaza behind my office, and there's construction going on across the street. Too much noise and I can't think straight.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Why does your inability to back up another tall story not suprise me. It is a good example of the Pye tehnique. You make a claim and then find an excuse why you cannot show the evidence. Well done padawan your dark master will be proud
Sure carry on colin, everyone else is wrong and your right.

Show me with a reasoned and logical argument that I am wrong.
the relationship is with the house, not the human, you idiot I have explained this 3 times already.

The evil fish tank then. Even more outrageously wrong. The point of the article was for the goldfish it was death in a bag
Your so incredulous that you don't see your own lies.

Again you are wrong. Everyone is right just you are wrong.
So now your going to try to tell me that balance fish tanks are a fraud, and they don't exist. Another lie.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So now your going to try to tell me that balance fish tanks are a fraud, and they don't exist. Another lie.

They're a fraud because they're not what they claim to be, and they're cruel to the animal to boot.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Sure carry on colin, everyone else is wrong and your right.
No my last answer to that still applies. Everyone else is right only you are wrong

the relationship is with the house, not the human, you idiot I have explained this 3 times already.
One of the poorest reasoned arguments I have seen since the last time you tried it. The sparrow has a relationship with the house that humans build. If we alter the house it affects the sparrow. That is a relationship whether your small mind accepts it or not.

Your so incredulous that you don't see your own lies.
Not going to address the point then

You have a very bad habit of telling me what I am trying to say instead of reading the information I wrote.

I'll repeat it. I never said the sealed tanks dont exist. I showed you they are not the balanced eco system that you claimed so the lie is yours. I am not going to post the proof again as after 4 tries I doubt you will ever read it.

Its as plain as that long wooden nose on your face. You value ignorance above all else.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

One of the poorest reasoned arguments I have seen since the last time you tried it. The sparrow has a relationship with the house that humans build. If we alter the house it affects the sparrow. That is a relationship whether your small mind accepts it or not.
And if I step on an ant, and kill him, 50 come to his funeral, I don't consider that a relationship either.

You have a very bad habit of telling me what I am trying to say instead of reading the information I wrote.

I'll repeat it. I never said the sealed tanks dont exist. I showed you they are not the balanced eco system that you claimed so the lie is yours. I am not going to post the proof again as after 4 tries I doubt you will ever read it.

Its as plain as that long wooden nose on your face. You value ignorance above all else.
well then you need to contact all the vendors and let them know they are lying.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

You can't seal them unless they are balanced, OMG your such a moron. How do you expect anything to live?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I prefer these.....

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector

I prefer these.....

I wish I could give you more than one star for that.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
10 more months
and you will know what evolution mean

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

You can't seal them unless they are balanced, OMG your such a moron. How do you expect anything to live?

Really, is the name calling necessary?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

And if I step on an ant, and kill him, 50 come to his funeral, I don't consider that a relationship either.
No thats called another one of your tall stories I'm afraid

well then you need to contact all the vendors and let them know they are lying.
Nope all that is needed is that you address the point raised. The sealed globe is not a balanced eco system as you maintained unless you can prove otherwise.

See the way a reasoned argument works. You set out your argument. You explain how you arrived at your opinion and if possible back that up with evidence.

I have and you have not.

edit on 1-3-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join