It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 226
<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

We know from experiments that radiation can change mutations and such, could solar activity possibly be the reason for the so called gaps in the evolutionary timeline that are unexplainable?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
I see, so you believe that Pye, sitchen, Von Daniken and the bible are all wrong. How can you stoop to such a statement, and in the process call me ignorant? Honestly which one of us looks ignorant here?

Honestly, you look more ignorant. You are taking the Bible, Pye, Sitchen, and Von Daniken at face value. You aren't using any logical process to see if what they are saying is correct in any way. You are simply believing them. That's ignorance, plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

All mammels drop eggs, its just that chicken eggs, when cooked, we eat.

Just when I think I'm done with this thread, a little gem like this one comes along.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

We know from experiments that radiation can change mutations and such, could solar activity possibly be the reason for the so called gaps in the evolutionary timeline that are unexplainable?

It's not so much the radiation by itself--it's changes in the thickness of the ozone layer (the ozone/oxygen cycle, for example) and the strength of the magnetic field that determine how much solar radiation reaches the ground. But yes, that could contribute to rapid evolution such as the Cambrian explosion, and possibly mass extinctions that would leave zero trace in either the evolutionary record or the geological record.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Both of you have this all wrong. The reasons why people are so quick to dismiss or discredit religion is because religion is a threat in the eyes of evolution.

Creation COULD explain how every living thing is present here today. Some evolutionists don't like this idea as the only way that evolutionism will stand is through attrition.

Well, this is wrong. All you have to do is disprove evolution...and even then, it doesn't mean creationism is correct. That's the only one that will be left standing through attrition.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

IMO from what has been share with me, it would still be equal to a tornado ripping through a junkyard and reassembling a jet air plane. It's just not possible.

A movie I watched said that just on our creation alone is something like .01 to the 21st power. That still doesn't account for the planet and all the other life.

The fact that evolution has never been observed in humans and 99.999% of the other life here pretty much sums it up for me. The only thing they have witnessed is viruses and bacteria changing species, but even then, they are still viruses and bacteria.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I see, so you believe that Pye, sitchen, Von Daniken and the bible are all wrong. How can you stoop to such a statement, and in the process call me ignorant? Honestly which one of us looks ignorant here?

Honestly, you look more ignorant. You are taking the Bible, Pye, Sitchen, and Von Daniken at face value. You aren't using any logical process to see if what they are saying is correct in any way. You are simply believing them. That's ignorance, plain and simple.
That's also not true. After hearing what Von Daniken had to say about the bible, I decided to test it out myself, which not only confirmed what he was saying, but I was able to find things he never mentioned as well as make more sense of what was going on. So if he lied, it was a lucky guess that he had it right.

Just to name a few things....
Here are some that I found, where VD didn't mention.
The bible being introduced as a supernatural read.
Hebrews stating that earth is not our home
Hebrews mentioning that we have powers taken away from us, or removed.
Isaiah 6 quoting more powers to be removed.
The arc of the covenant actually being a device that god hid behind, as well as the burning bush.
How the word holy spirit and holy ghost were actually used to describe there minds being invaded with conversation, and not having any other way to identify where it was coming from.
Adam appearing from no where in the bible is a classic scenario of a possible abducted. Eve appearing from no where is also a possible abduction. The fact that they have no recollection is also a common abduction event as though there minds were erased. Not to be confused with PTSD, this was invoked.
The fact that god never showed his face as to not bring back there memory's.
When god lays Adam to sleep, that is another classic alien power specifically known about the gray aliens. They have the ability to knock us out with there minds.

These were just some off the top of my head.

So since these match up with the basic idea of VD and Sitchen, I realized there must be some truth in this direction.

But more importantly as you can obviously see from what examples I have laid out here, me taking people at face value is false.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by andersensrm

IMO from what has been share with me, it would still be equal to a tornado ripping through a junkyard and reassembling a jet air plane. It's just not possible.

A movie I watched said that just on our creation alone is something like .01 to the 21st power. That still doesn't account for the planet and all the other life.

The fact that evolution has never been observed in humans and 99.999% of the other life here pretty much sums it up for me. The only thing they have witnessed is viruses and bacteria changing species, but even then, they are still viruses and bacteria.

How would it be equal to that? One is a step taken caused by a minor change, while one is an assemblage of random parts to create a complete unit. Your analogy is stupid.

Odds don't matter in reality. You can have a million to one odds and still have something happen a million times in a row.

Evolution... has never been observed... in humans? Are you dense? What the hell? You have to be literally not even reading.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Just when I think I'm done with this thread, a little gem like this one comes along.
Yes but did you read my correction ? Or are you just profilling?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

That's also not true. After hearing what Von Daniken had to say about the bible, I decided to test it out myself, which not only confirmed what he was saying, but I was able to find things he never mentioned as well as make more sense of what was going on. So if he lied, it was a lucky guess that he had it right.

And how did you prove that it was right? Did it come to you in a vision or something?

Just to name a few things....
Here are some that I found, where VD didn't mention.
The bible being introduced as a supernatural read.
Hebrews stating that earth is not our home
Hebrews mentioning that we have powers taken away from us, or removed.
Isaiah 6 quoting more powers to be removed.
The arc of the covenant actually being a device that god hid behind, as well as the burning bush.
How the word holy spirit and holy ghost were actually used to describe there minds being invaded with conversation, and not having any other way to identify where it was coming from.
Adam appearing from no where in the bible is a classic scenario of a possible abducted. Eve appearing from no where is also a possible abduction. The fact that they have no recollection is also a common abduction event as though there minds were erased. Not to be confused with PTSD, this was invoked.
The fact that god never showed his face as to not bring back there memory's.
When god lays Adam to sleep, that is another classic alien power specifically known about the gray aliens. They have the ability to knock us out with there minds.

If it was fiction, why does that even matter? Biological study of our ancestors shows that they were just as creative as we are today. They didn't just magically have the inability to lie and make things up.

These were just some off the top of my head.

So since these match up with the basic idea of VD and Sitchen, I realized there must be some truth in this direction.

But more importantly as you can obviously see from what examples I have laid out here, me taking people at face value is false.

Yeah, truth, right. You haven't offered a shred of reason to assume that the Bible is true at all.

It is face value, you know it, and if you pretend that you are not just accepting the Bible as true with no evidence, then you are stupid too. (Or, you are in denial. I have no time for people who are afraid to accept the real world, however blunt it may be)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Just because the odds for something are low doesn't mean they can't happen. For example, if you draw five cards out of a deck of cards the odds of getting those five exact cards are 1 in 311,875,200. The odds of a deck of cards being in a certain order are 1 in 8.07e67. If one simply went with the odds you would say that these events could never occur yet the happen all the time. However, this is moot as the odds of life occurring on Earth are presently 1 in 1. We have one example of Earth and that Earth has life on it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Both of you have this all wrong. The reasons why people are so quick to dismiss or discredit religion is because religion is a threat in the eyes of evolution.

Creation COULD explain how every living thing is present here today. Some evolutionists don't like this idea as the only way that evolutionism will stand is through attrition.

Well, this is wrong. All you have to do is disprove evolution...and even then, it doesn't mean creationism is correct. That's the only one that will be left standing through attrition.
Well I know that, and you know that, but a lot of people don't see it that way. The bottom line is most people are simple minded and feel that attrition is the only way to win a debate.

In the wiki article of mtDNA as an example, they make it clear that from our findings of a 200,000 year old ancestor, religion is left by the wayside. They also state that this could add more credibility to other understandings like evolution. But then they turn around and state that we need to look at more pioneering avenues, to figure learn more about our existence.

I firmly believe that they are purposely withholding our true age, which they admittedly claim to have mapped the entire genome. They are also mentioning religion and evolution as not giving us a clear understanding to our existence which is why they say we need to look at more pioneering possibilities. I'm looking at once such avenue. Intervention is a pioneering idea that most find hard to accept. No one including myself wants to believe that we aren't from here. Unfortunately it seems to be all we are left with. There is a very good reason why they aren't disclosing our true age. It's because they would look like fools especially if our age dates us older than earth. People would not take them seriously and they wood look like fools and lose all credibility.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

If it was fiction, why does that even matter? Biological study of our ancestors shows that they were just as creative as we are today. They didn't just magically have the inability to lie and make things up.
No this is because what your suffering from wont allow you to believe that there just might be something smarter than us, or something more powerful. Your on a head trip and probably believe that is no such other life out in the cosmos.

Yeah, truth, right. You haven't offered a shred of reason to assume that the Bible is true at all.

It is face value, you know it, and if you pretend that you are not just accepting the Bible as true with no evidence, then you are stupid too. (Or, you are in denial. I have no time for people who are afraid to accept the real world, however blunt it may be)
You have to keep in mind that you also don't have the 3 decades of studying the supernatural and paranormal like I have. Based on this I can totally understand why you have a lack of acceptance in any of this. It's voodoo witchcraft, and you simply don't understand it. I can't teach you what all I know in these subjects, but will say that if you find yourself not understanding any of it, then you simply aren't qualified to be reading it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Just because the odds for something are low doesn't mean they can't happen. For example, if you draw five cards out of a deck of cards the odds of getting those five exact cards are 1 in 311,875,200. The odds of a deck of cards being in a certain order are 1 in 8.07e67. If one simply went with the odds you would say that these events could never occur yet the happen all the time. However, this is moot as the odds of life occurring on Earth are presently 1 in 1. We have one example of Earth and that Earth has life on it.
Well there is a difference between low and astronomically low. It's not even in the ballpark. You would have a better chance of hitting lotto 10 times in a row.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You're still using Von Daniken and Sitchin as proof. I thought I explained to you long ago why these two are wrong. What makes a economic history major with no background in Assyriology more of an expert in the Sumerians than everyone who has spent their lives devoted to studying them? What makes a convicted con man more of an expert than every archaeologist and anthropologist on the planet?
edit on 2/13/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The fact that evolution has never been observed in humans and 99.999% of the other life here pretty much sums it up for me.

Why lie like that when we've already explained it 1000 times?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Using your own number from before of .01e22, there is a lower chance of a deck of cards being in a specific order. So, either the order of a deck of cards has a lower probability of occurring than man evolving, or you just made up a number and you don't actually know what you're talking about. Which is it?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yes but did you read my correction ? Or are you just profilling?

At this point, trolling would be a better word. There's nothing I or anyone else can add that will make you see reason, inspire you to educate yourself, or even read your own posts before you hit "reply."

I don't buy your "correction". That was just a lame attempt at getting out of coming up with something so demonstrably stupid. If you'd meant what you said in your "correction", you'd have said that in the first place.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Using your own number from before of .01e22, there is a lower chance of a deck of cards being in a specific order. So, either the order of a deck of cards has a lower probability of occurring than man evolving, or you just made up a number and you don't actually know what you're talking about. Which is it?

My bet ius on the latter!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Nope, your confusing what is commonly taught and practiced as the word of god, as being all we need to know and understand.
So no honey even though the bible says honey is good for you? You read the bible in the same way as you read your own links. From a point of ignoreance with every intention to stay there.

I think I have proven beyond a doubt that the thing I'm talking about on here go just a tad deeper than what god tells us to do..
You preach about us having an overblown veiw of ourselves and here you believe you know more than your god. Sheesh. You must have a brain the size of a planet. A hollow one.

God was not a good person, and for his own stingy reasons dumped us here, and could care less about our long term needs. So he left us with plenty of short term necesseties
It would appear to confirm my view that you cherry pick everything to match your idiots guide to the galaxy. Your'll be telling me next Noahs ark was a transport prison ship that brought us to earth.

edit on 13-2-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join