It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

After Two Hundred and Fifteen Pages ....... that is just shocking.

itsthetooth .. If you studied the subject first - before then attempting to debunk it, you might get a little further.
I don't recall anything about a target food supply being weighed into evolution.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by idmonster

Read the article you muppet. Its not postulated or hypothetical. Its the bservations of the research scientist who were investigating the phenomena.

I never said that birds lactate, I said cat steal milk, as well as birds. (that is, birds also steal milk, and not from bottle tops, directly from the lactating nipple of the elephant seal)

If you'd even bothered to glance at the article you would not have made such a ridiculous statement.

Kudo's to Connector for finding the article about birds lactating.

Itsthetooth fails on all fronts.
In case you missed it, these events are hardly a comparison to our industrialization of cows milk. I wouldn't doubt if there are actually much weirder things that go on that we don't know about. The bottom line is birds don't depend on that supply of milk like we do with cows milk. They also don't go through the trouble we do just to get that milk. Bravo, that both are not natural, but that wasn't the question alone. I'm looking for something that depends on another s milk to the degree that we do, or close, with cows milk.

The problem you have is that of personal experience. You state "we" constantly when I think you should be using "I".

I personaly dont depend on cows milks, I very rarely drink the stuff, not being a big fan of tea or coffee.

I dont have cereal in the mornings, prefering a nice poached egg on toast.

WE do not depend on cows milk, this has been pointed out to you time and time and time again.....and again. I have no idea where you get the ludicrous notion that we do!

Cows are a high yeilding, easily farmable supply of a product that people want, not need. And YES it is easily farmed despite your belief that we have to jump through all sorts or ridiculous hoops to get it. If we were hunter gatherers still, we'd spend all day just trying to gather enough nutrition to survive, it wouldnt be difficuly, pick food up, put it in mouth, simples, it would just be constant, grazing like cows do. Cows graze constantly because the nutritional value of the food they eat is so low, they have to eat sh#t loads of it.

We dont need cheese burgers, but people want them so there are thousands of burger joints around the world.

As for "industrialization of cows milk", what centuary are you living in? Take a look around you, everything is industrialised, this is why we, as a species have the luxury of extended education, time to philosophise, ponder mathematics, the origins of life, the universe, everything.

If everything wasnt industrialised, you..YOU would not have time to sit at your PC, typing sh#t for hours on end on and I wouldnt have time to read it....I think I just found a reason to wish for a return to pre-industrialisation...DOH!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Hi. You appear to have doged this again for a third time? Its about your favourite anteater?

It is also not uniquely human. Ants farm and 'milk' aphids even though they do not need too to survive. It may not be milk but it is a secretion from another animal. Ants even take aphid eggs to their nest during the winter and place them back on selected plants later. Thus farming in every sense of the word.

They also farm certain fungus as we grow certain plants. This leads me to believe that ants do not know their target food as they also are not from this planet. Of course this means the anteater who knows he belongs because he eats ants is completely wrong and in fact as he is so reliant on ants he must also not be from here.

I have asked tooth to explain this anomaly with his theory and he refuses. I dont know why?

Edit
After further thought. Ants like humans build their own homes (nests) very unnatural if you ask me. The nests even have certain rooms for certain activities just like humans. Oh and a queen just like the English.

Ants are either definitely not from earth or humans definitely are from earth and the anteater is the key ironically because tooth says the anteater knows he is from here because he eats ants. The anteater therefore proves humans are from this planet. Who would have guessed.

I am crushed you have not only chosen to ignore the first post over the page addressing you being a science major you have totally ignored a logical post discussing what you have admitted is your favourite example of all, the ant eater.

I think I have made a good argument that the anteater shows humans are from here. Please try to discuss this and not ignore it because you will be stretched/unable.

Failure to even discuss this will show you in an even worse light. Answering it with just another question will also be seen as avoidance.

Edit

Its a good reply it just doesn't compare to what we are doing in growing, harvesting, processing, shipping, and storing with cows milk.
I see above you do indeed intend not to discuss my post.

What part does not campare that we (ants and humans) both grow, harvest, process, ship and store.

Grow and harvest even with your stunted world view you must agree.

Process: Please give your definition for process as this can mean many things

Ship: Ants not only transport food to the nest comparitively large distances they carry nectar and honeydew (aphid milk) inside their bodies turning themselves into container lorries of the insect world. They also follow set paths, roads.

Store: Well of course they store food and in many ways so that the colony can survive the winter. BTW without the home they build and the food they store they would not survive also just like humans.

Ants have fulfilled all your qualifactions for being another candidate for not belonging just as humans but your stance on the anteater seems to kill your whole idea which means if it is wrong for ants it is wrong for humans.

There are many google pages you can read to confirm this. If you wish to contest any of the points made I would reccomend you do some research.

Now back to THE ANTEATER PROVES MAN IS FROM EARTH.

Time YOU answered/discussed at least one question asked of you.

Be sure I will continue to ask the above in exactly the same way until you do. You have never avoided talking about the anteater before so why this time?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by rickymouse

I have determined I can live on eggs and potatoes with coffee. I wouldn't want to eat these things all the time but I could live on them. Science can verify this because I have researched it. I have problems with all milk, I do crave milk but have to watch how much I drink. Maybe it comes from my uncle working a milk truck and our family getting all the free milk and ice cream we could eat from the outdated stuff from the stores. I'll never know for sure but my children and grandchildren have an allergy also. Too much milk will cause problems. The calcium will cause the body not to take up other minerals if it is drank too often. This could cause tiredness problems. Milk also contains melatonin or chemistry that forms melatonin. This can give tiredness if it is consumed at high quantities. Milk is a good remidy for insomnia, warm milk with a toast at night can help you sleep. I can go on and on with good and bad associated with milk. Moderation is crutial otherwise you and you're offspring will have problems like me. I'm not sure if my ancestors had this allergy. My father drank it but told me that milk is for babies also and drink milk when you're hungry and not when you are thirsty. It's not clear what he was trying to say, I think of what he taught me about food. He gave me cures passed on for generations but didn't know exactly when to use them or why they worked. I asked him how to tell when you need them and he said you'll know. I know now, I made these things the first and most crutial parts of my research. I wanted to know what my dad knew and It's amazing. Does it matter really what my research means, couldn't I just follow what he was telling me? No, we are curious beings and it's deep inside us to find out why things tick. His knowledge was still real and my knowledge really is no better. My grandmother, other side, was crazy on herbs. I wish I would have paid more attention but the meds made her kranky and I tried to avoid her. Everything can be proven, but does it really need to be proven to be real?
Oh I'm sure there are a lot of reasons why we drink milk. It has a lot of benefits. I just wonder at what point did we decide that breast milk was no longer an option. Or is it since our diet here is lacking that it has never been a good option for as long as we have been here.

Now you're quite literaly just being stupid. You ask, "at what point did we decide that breast milk was no longer an option"?

Do you have mother issues? Some sort of oedipus complex?

Who has told you that a decision was made that breast milk wasnt good enough? Did mommy slap you away when you were 14 and still trying to suckle. We have a saying here in the UK

BITTY...NOW
edit on 6-2-2012 by idmonster because: cos I have no idea what a moomy is

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by rickymouse

This reminds me of an all to important question that I keep asking on here, yet no one is bold enough to answer.

I don't believe in evolutionism.

I'd like to state, for the record, that I also do not believe in evolutionism. Although until todays lecture, and despite asking tooth for clarification, I actualy didnt know what evolutionism was, didnt even know it existed.

I will give our residen scientist the option of explaining evolutionism to y'all before I offer the actual definition.

P.S, to all those that Do understand evolution, you also wont believe in evolutionism.

P,P.S I also understand why many a creationist insists that evolutionism is a belief system not based on factual evidence, its because they're right!!!
edit on 6-2-2012 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Hi. Nice link BTW

Yep he is dodging the bullet yet again. You have to be tenacious with tooth as he runs like a rabbit when cornered. I don’t even expect a reasoned reply and certainly not one backed up with anything but I do expect a reply and not a one or two line dismissal followed by a question that has nothing to do with the post he is answering or more correctly avoiding.

His avoidance can only mean one thing his story fails and he cannot face the fact he has been caught out by his own silly criteria.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highergrounds
reply to post by colin42

So Can ''YOU'' O.P,? Prove evolution is correct?
Hello this is colin42's answering service. Title change was not mine. Beep! This thread is about explaining diversity without refering to evolution ....... Buzzz. Please read the OP before replying to it is usually useful ........ Beep. Please leave your discription below.
edit on 6-2-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The problem you have is that of personal experience. You state "we" constantly when I think you should be using "I".

I personaly dont depend on cows milks, I very rarely drink the stuff, not being a big fan of tea or coffee.

I dont have cereal in the mornings, prefering a nice poached egg on toast.

WE do not depend on cows milk, this has been pointed out to you time and time and time again.....and again. I have no idea where you get the ludicrous notion that we do!
Well here is the problem, if you think we don't depend on it, then what it comes down to is its either eaiser to harvest or better for us, or cheaper, than our intended diet. You have to keep in mind that intended diet is hard to prove as we aren't home right now with our dietary food. So is it cheaper to produce than an alternative. I would have to say hell no. If we were suppose to be getting our milk in the same way that every other species is suppose to, its not cheaper than moms teat. Keeping in mind that her teats are broken as she too doesn't have her dietary needs to feed us all.

So does it taste better. I would argue again, and say no. Is it easier to harvest, well we grow the cows, feed em, milk em pasturize, homogenize, fortify, process, package, ship and refrigerate. Nope, thats not it either.

Leaves us back to square one. We have other sources but they are not good sources, and are not found in all locations that we live. So the question becomes are we not suppose to be livng in certain places.

You can see, that you can try to work around this problem all day long, when the answer is right in front of your face. We weren't suppose to all own a cow for our own supply either, thats just stupid. We are missing our intended diet of calcium, plain and simple. It's not here on earth.
Now you can argue and say that there are a lot of things that we can get it from which is true, but it's not available in the quanities that we need. So short of gorging yourself on certain foods, your not going to hit your target.

Our need for calcium actually goes up with age, so there is a problem in itself. I'm not saying we were suppose to suck on moms teat into our 80's I'm saying that something is missing, and it happens to be an important something.
This is why more and more people are turning up with osteoperosis. Our processed cheese actually offers the best amount of calcium on the scale, Sardines below that, with milk and all the other things below that.

As for "industrialization of cows milk", what centuary are you living in? Take a look around you, everything is industrialised, this is why we, as a species have the luxury of extended education, time to philosophise, ponder mathematics, the origins of life, the universe, everything.
exactly but other species stealing milk is not industrialized, was my point.

edit on 6-2-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I am crushed you have not only chosen to ignore the first post over the page addressing you being a science major you have totally ignored a logical post discussing what you have admitted is your favourite example of all, the ant eater.

I think I have made a good argument that the anteater shows humans are from here. Please try to discuss this and not ignore it because you will be stretched/unable.

Failure to even discuss this will show you in an even worse light. Answering it with just another question will also be seen as avoidance.
Ok thats an easy one to answer, and I would first like you to answer how we are suppose to be fitted with food once a species changes into another species. I want to know how this new food pops up out of no where, and what the mechanism is that knows what food to make for us?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Ship: Ants not only transport food to the nest comparitively large distances they carry nectar and honeydew (aphid milk) inside their bodies turning themselves into container lorries of the insect world. They also follow set paths, roads.
I guess the thing you got lost on is that milking another speices for milk is not natural, processing it, is not natural, packaging it, is not natural, storing it through refrigeration is not natural.

There is nothing natural about what we are doing, and its a clue.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Now you're quite literaly just being stupid. You ask, "at what point did we decide that breast milk was no longer an option"?

Do you have mother issues? Some sort of oedipus complex?

Who has told you that a decision was made that breast milk wasnt good enough? Did mommy slap you away when you were 14 and still trying to suckle. We have a saying here in the UK

BITTY...NOW
No its because we have something missing from our diet.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

I guess the thing you got lost on is that milking another speices for milk is not natural, processing it, is not natural, packaging it, is not natural, storing it through refrigeration is not natural.

You do realise that we can all read message even if they're for someone else right?

Cos above your saying not natural, when everything you're saying isnt natural has been shown to have natural instances in this thread. And specifical ants, not sure if they "package and barcode their goods, but everything else, perfectly natural, unless ants arent from here...in which case why does the anteater rely on them....maybe he's not from here either....but you said.....you said he was from here because he eats ants.....See colin, youve got me at it now

BTW, can you please explain what your understanding of evolutionism is pleasde. i'm quite literaly dying to hear it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Ok thats an easy one to answer, and I would first like you to answer how we are suppose to be fitted with food once a species changes into another species. I want to know how this new food pops up out of no where, and what the mechanism is that knows what food to make for us?
Now what part of 'It is your turn to answer/discuss a question' You say it is easy, now do it. You can ask me a question afterwards

Now I am going to point out you have missed most of my post. I asked you to answer/discuss IT. I did not ask you to cherry pick the parts you think you can bluff. Go back and try again

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

So you are saying that ants are not from here as they do all the 'un natural things you have noted. So you by default you admit the anteater is not from here as he needs ants.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Store: Well of course they store food and in many ways so that the colony can survive the winter. BTW without the home they build and the food they store they would not survive also just like humans.

Ants have fulfilled all your qualifactions for being another candidate for not belonging just as humans but your stance on the anteater seems to kill your whole idea which means if it is wrong for ants it is wrong for humans.
I allready answered this. You seem to think my answers are dodging your questions, but thats only because of your lack of knowledge with the idea of intervention.

So I missed the question mark but will guess on it. Your trying to say that the anteater eats more than ants. So what, ants are his main supply of diet, is the point.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

.....See colin, youve got me at it now
I think I can convince you that ants package their food also.

What is the reason to package anything. Ease of transport and maximise storage. Ants package food for transport in two ways. Cut them up into transportable pieces. They do this to leaves, large insects. They also use their bodies to package the food. Obviously this 'processing' of their foraged food means they also maximise storage space.

How did I do?

edit on 6-2-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I think I can convince you that ants package their food also.

What is the reason to package anything. Ease of transport and maximise storage. Ants package food for transport in two ways. Cut them up into transportable pieces. They do this too leaves, large insects. They also use their bodies to package the food. Obviously this 'processing' of their foraged food means they also maximise storage space.

How did I do?
Horrible, its all natural.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

www.badhonhara.com...

Here is a site that clearly states we do depend on cows milk.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

I allready answered this. You seem to think my answers are dodging your questions, but thats only because of your lack of knowledge with the idea of intervention.

So I missed the question mark but will guess on it. Your trying to say that the anteater eats more than ants. So what, ants are his main supply of diet, is the point.
Here you go again. Do you think that by cutting up my post and then giving a totally unrelated reply lets you off of discussing the point I made you are wrong.

Go back. Read the whole post and reply to the whole post. Unless you can come up with a counter argument the way I see it you can either conclude ants are not from here and therefor the anteater or that humans are from here.

Try again

Edit: I just re read you response. No you really have not answered my post at all, you have not even begun even with this answer to a question I never asked.

Intervention has nothing to do with the points I made. A terrible attempt to deflect from my post.

I never mentioned the amount an anteater eats so where did you pull that from? You either are unable to read or are being purposely misleading. (not a first for you). Whats worse it is another epic fail at avoidance.

You have now avoided answering my post in every way I said you would. It is time to answer my post in full.

Put up or shut up
edit on 6-2-2012 by colin42 because: Pathetic attempt at avoidance confronted

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Horrible, its all natural.
Dont waste time trying to be funny. You have work to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join