It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Prodigious savants face their own difficulties. For example, while many people would consider eidetic memory a blessing, if you actually research the people that have it many consider it a curse. Unfortunately since prodigious savantism is so rare it has not been studied to the extent it should. Most of what we have are case studies, which don't really reveal much. I would like to point out however that it is possible for humans to experience periods of extremely increased activity in areas of the brain, or even the brain as a whole. We call this epilepsy.
Which is of course a disability.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, epilepsy set aside, lets take one that just has the talent and no side effects. Why are we calling this a disability?

I thought if something worked better, that it was a good thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

We know what the pineal gland does. We know what neurotransmitters it produces and we know what those neurotransmitters do. We know what happens to people that have malfunctions in their pineal gland and we know what happens in people that have their pineal glands removed. It regulates sleep/wake patterns and at least in mammals produces hormones that stimulate puberty and help prepare the female for pregnancy and postnatal care of the infant. This are verifiable, empirical facts. What you have is a claim that you haven't even sourced yet. Now, I have seen a lot of crazy claims regarding the pineal gland, but this one you have made is new to me. So for all I know you just came up with it yourself and for some reason expect it to be held up as having the same authority as scientific fact. If that's the case you are delusional. So far your entire argument seems to be based on unverified claims and for some reason you expect that to debunk the 150+ years of empirical research that supports evolution. Please tell me where that makes sense?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

As I have already stated prodigious savants face their own problems. From those few that have been studied a common characteristic is eidetic memory. While at first this seems advantageous many who possess it describe it as a burden. Furthermore, while prodigious savants may lack the social and learning deficits of your average savant I would be more than willing to bet that they exhibit a higher likelihood of developing mental disorders such as depression or generalized anxiety disorder.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

We know what the pineal gland does. We know what neurotransmitters it produces and we know what those neurotransmitters do. We know what happens to people that have malfunctions in their pineal gland and we know what happens in people that have their pineal glands removed. It regulates sleep/wake patterns and at least in mammals produces hormones that stimulate puberty and help prepare the female for pregnancy and postnatal care of the infant. This are verifiable, empirical facts. What you have is a claim that you haven't even sourced yet. Now, I have seen a lot of crazy claims regarding the pineal gland, but this one you have made is new to me. So for all I know you just came up with it yourself and for some reason expect it to be held up as having the same authority as scientific fact. If that's the case you are delusional. So far your entire argument seems to be based on unverified claims and for some reason you expect that to debunk the 150+ years of empirical research that supports evolution. Please tell me where that makes sense?
Well I doubt seriously if that little gland is responsible for all of those things combined. Of course its hard to argue with proven science, but I guess thats what it comes down to, what have the proven for sure. I question it with all seriousness. I think the fact that there have been so many dissproven claims about it, will just result in yet another disproven claim down the road.

Do I have proof, no I don't. I would love to be proven either way. At the risk of being right, It does match with some things that were done to us in the bible. IMO it could be a missin link to opening up a lot more of our brains capacity. I know Einstien had something odd about his brain they found out when he died. Jesus seemed to almost have powers he was so intelligent. I find it hard to believe otherwise.

As I have already stated prodigious savants face their own problems. From those few that have been studied a common characteristic is eidetic memory. While at first this seems advantageous many who possess it describe it as a burden. Furthermore, while prodigious savants may lack the social and learning deficits of your average savant I would be more than willing to bet that they exhibit a higher likelihood of developing mental disorders such as depression or generalized anxiety disorder.
I rank Savants up there with the pineal gland. From what I"m reading they are even admitting upfront that this syndrome is poorly understood.

My point still sticks however, if the brain could work better, and they are admitting that it can, abnormalities or not, then there is only one explanation, because it can. It would be cool to have the one with no abnormalities, and still be able to call yourself disabled. What a twist.

One thing is for sure, if evolutionism is just 150 years old and they still haven't found a single bone providing a missing link, I'm shocked you guys don't wake up and realize whats going on. Honestly it's not like people are out to get evolutionists, so what gives.
edit on 22-1-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Now look at this colin, no sooner we were talking about it.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

A drilling accident poluted drinking water, so what? An accidental fire burns people does that prove we dont fit as well?

Like I said you need to get out and get some life experience, thats if the nurses will let you out.

Volcano pollutes water

Tsunami Pollutes water

So I again repeat so what, S**t happens.

edit on 23-1-2012 by colin42 because: Against better judgement links

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

A drilling accident poluted drinking water, so what? An accidental fire burns people does that prove we dont fit as well?

Like I said you need to get out and get some life experience, thats if the nurses will let you out.

Volcano pollutes water

Tsunami Pollutes water

So I again repeat so what, S**t happens.

Well a couple of things are for sure. Your in denial, and blind. If it was really our water to begin with do you think it would be such a drastic thing to keep it so safe? I don't think so. We aren't evolving either to deal with these problems , we are however circumventing them by adapting and working around them.

If you think adapting is a form a evolution then I have to ask you whats suppose to happen if we miss something like a contaminated water source? Whats suppose to happen if something sneaks in on us in the molecular level and we miss it?

You wanna know, we miss it and suffer or die. Now since evolution is suppose to happen on the molecular level, we are then failing at evolving, possibly de-evolving.

This is why your never going to convince me that adaptation is evolving, its just not possible. Evolutionists might have been lucky to be allowed to include there definition of adaptation with evolution, but thats only from the eyes of an evolutionist. Any mainstream scientist would disagree.

So here are your choices in this water situation, we either failed in evolving because we don't want to accept the changes in the water, or we failed at evolving because we needed to rely on adaptation to cover for us. Either way, from the evolutionism point of view, we failed.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Aren't you able to see that planets must be in a balance, otherwise you have thing like that accident happening. I'm sure there are natural problems, but at least they are natural. Humans on this planet, are not considered to be natural. This is why we must yield to all other life on this planet, because we are the ones that don't belong here.

You can deny this all you want, but the facts in our society to wild dealings prove it. Not that anyone has been smart enough to realize why. Anytime man sticks his hand into something, hes taking a chance on infecting something else on the planet, and that's just a fact.

On our home planet, it wouldn't be like that, the planet and surroundings are made for us, so we not only fit in, but work well with everything else that's there. It's interesting because I'm able to a small degree tell you about our intended environment based on whats lacking here. It's also another clue that something here is failing in our evolution. We are failing to evolve based on our needs for adaptation. Simply put, had we of evolved correctly to begin with, we wouldn't need to adapt. It is written in Wiki that evolution occurs at the molecular level, which does not explain adaptation. Evolution would occur to prevent us needing to adapt. You have stated otherwise, and well sorry to say but I'm going to believe Wiki over your view.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Humans on this planet, are not considered to be natural. This is why we must yield to all other life on this planet, because we are the ones that don't belong here.

Says who? Biologically we fit perfectly into the ecosystem we call earth. Hell, we know how humans evolved.

You're making the most random claims that have no bearing in reality...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Says who? Biologically we fit perfectly into the ecosystem we call earth. Hell, we know how humans evolved.

Oh right, you actually think we fit in here.
Well aside from 1/4 of our phone book being for medical reasons, clearly showing your wrong, where were you when I was asking anyone to produce one target food. Better yet, give one example of something that proves we are from here.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well aside from 1/4 of our phone book being for medical reasons, clearly showing your wrong, where were you when I was asking anyone to produce one target food. Better yet, give one example of something that proves we are from here.

How does humans getting sick prove we're not from here? Animals get just as sick, and so do plants

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The system one could call "GOD" created evolution.

End of story.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

End of story.

Errrr, proof? Facts? Evidence? This thread is for showing scientific data that goes against evolution. Throwing out wild speculation is not even close to that. Try again.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

End of story.

Well, given that all signs point towards physical/natural forces creating everything...you are simply changing the name of "physics" to god. At least you're not saying intelligence is involved, because that would be blind belief without any bearing in reality

While you're at it, how about calling sandwiches "dogs" from now on?

edit on 23-1-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Well a couple of things are for sure. Your in denial, and blind. If it was really our water to begin with do you think it would be such a drastic thing to keep it so safe? I don't think so. We aren't evolving either to deal with these problems , we are however circumventing them by adapting and working around them.
Coming from you that is rich. You acused me of writeing dinosaurs laid chicken eggs but have yet to show me proof. Whats up could not find the description because as usual you made it up?

You did not answer my reply to your statement that logic does not prove anything. Whats Up, did it? My advice to you is try not to look to stupid after you try to avoid yet more proof and more evidence.

And like your attempt answered above the rest of your demented rant is not worth the time it takes to reply.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Aren't you able to see that planets must be in a balance, otherwise you have thing like that accident happening. I'm sure there are natural problems, but at least they are natural. Humans on this planet, are not considered to be natural. This is why we must yield to all other life on this planet, because we are the ones that don't belong here.
What?

You win the prize for fitting the biggest load of old B***ocks into one paragraph. So at least you have won something which appears to be the reason you are here. So now we yield to all other life on this planet thats a bit of a turn around from we rule all life on this planet, the aliens said we could.

You can deny this all you want, but the facts in our society to wild dealings prove it. Not that anyone has been smart enough to realize why. Anytime man sticks his hand into something, hes taking a chance on infecting something else on the planet, and that's just a fact.
To what? to wild dealings prove it. What does that garbled nonesense mean? The rest is just as meaningless. Maybe you took my advice and went outside and got sun stroke.

What is this trash that follows? If you believe I am interested enough in your delusion to read that rubbish your more out of touch with reality than I thought. Dont go outside anymore, you cant handle it.
edit on 23-1-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

My God. You have been proved to be completely wrong. That your only evidence, if you can call it that has been shown completely false and lays around you in tatters. You personally have been shown to be dishonest and so you bring out the big gun. You ignore all posts that have cornered you and you return to around page 57ish of this thread and repeat that rubbish. The phone book that shows we are not from here. The missing food that shows we are not from here. Hey you left out or alien hands and cow mucus.

At times I have felt guilty because debating with you or at least trying to feels like bullying the village idiot but you know what you actually deserve it. Your level of dishonesty is beyond description. Even your alien must be embarrassed.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I can prove evolution wrong real quick....

If creationism isn't true, then how did the first thing on this planet ever come here to evolve?? Where did it come from and some evidence to back up your claim, please.

Creationism offers the answer to this question as evolution does not.....Unless you can prove me otherwise.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

End of story.

Not quite. This thread is nothing to do with who or what created life and so by default evolution. It is for those that say evolution is wrong to show the diversity we see today without it.

Your statement above shows you are in full agreement with evolution which was not really the point of this thread. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
I can prove evolution wrong real quick....

If creationism isn't true, then how did the first thing on this planet ever come here to evolve?? Where did it come from and some evidence to back up your claim, please.

Creationism offers the answer to this question as evolution does not.....Unless you can prove me otherwise.
As I just posted this is not about proving creation or evolution right or wrong. It is about showing the diversity we see today without refering to evolution.

You believe creationism has the answers, please share them with us by explaining diversity.

new topics

top topics

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join