It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Connector

Don't bother trying to explain the 10% myth to him. I tried to do that pages ago and he responded by saying that the pop psychologists who came up with the concept were wrong, but then still argued that the brain was only operating at 10% efficiency. Of course for the brain to work faster it would need to break the laws of physics by speeding up the rate at which electricity can travel. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he has no idea how the brain actually works, but he refuses to admit this fact.

He seems to be proving, that he is only using 10%. This guy can't be for real.....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
WOW!

Just back after he weekend and SOOOOOOOOO much tripe added since my last visit. All by tooth.

BTW a simple vote would clear up the rather infantile "whos winning the debate" argument.

I'll start...

Colin winning .

1 nil to colin so far.

EDIT not to be disengeniuos to any body else, will change my vote to:

Evolution 1 Its the tooth 0

I think its fair to say that while there are and have been many, many people on here supporting evolution, and providing evidence thereof. Tooth the whole tooth and only tooth supports his argument.

To the occasional creationist visitor, you have my utmost respect for not allowing yourselves to be drawn in to the peculiar arguments that tooth has been posting.
edit on 22-1-2012 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

LOL....complete garbage reply. Proof of not reading the links, more trolling and your complete ignorance. You were cute for awhile, now your simply pathetic....
I read them but it looks more like you guys don't.

I know you are, but what am I ...

Carry on Larry.....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Don't bother trying to explain the 10% myth to him. I tried to do that pages ago and he responded by saying that the pop psychologists who came up with the concept were wrong, but then still argued that the brain was only operating at 10% efficiency. Of course for the brain to work faster it would need to break the laws of physics by speeding up the rate at which electricity can travel. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he has no idea how the brain actually works, but he refuses to admit this fact.
Ok smartie, so you have to break the law of physics to get the brain to work faster huh? So how is it that a sevants brain can work faster at times? There is only one answer, because it can. So I guess sevants break the law of physics. I would tend more to say that you actually don't know much about the brain, as we have clear evidence that these things exist, yet, you have no plausible explanation for them.

And you might miss the point here, its not an issue that you cant explain it, its an issue that its realy happening.

link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

4. Only using 10% of our brain, or at least 10% of it’s capability, means we are missing 90% of it’s function.

192 pages, and you STILL continue to spread those lies. Aren't you in the least bit ashamed to spread complete and utter lies that have been debunked dozens of times?

I mean, it's getting really silly. You continue to preach the same garbage, and people completely debunk it. And your reaction? You simply keep on repeating the same nonsense.

The pinnacle of ignorance, well done!

link   

Originally posted by idmonster
WOW!

Just back after he weekend and SOOOOOOOOO much tripe added since my last visit. All by tooth.

BTW a simple vote would clear up the rather infantile "whos winning the debate" argument.

I'll start...

Colin winning .

1 nil to colin so far.

~edit to refelct idmonster's change~

1 evolution 0 itsthetooth
edit on 22-1-2012 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

192 pages, and you STILL continue to spread those lies. Aren't you in the least bit ashamed to spread complete and utter lies that have been debunked dozens of times?

I mean, it's getting really silly. You continue to preach the same garbage, and people completely debunk it. And your reaction? You simply keep on repeating the same nonsense.

Its a fact that our abilities are bottlenecked, and no one here has been able to prove that wrong, in fact no one even touches that idea of a sevant. I wonder why that is.

In case you don't know what a sevant is, you might have to do your own research. There is only one explanation of how the brain can work above and beyond our understanding, because it can. Come one people, prove the troll wrong.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Its a fact that our abilities are bottlenecked, and no one here has been able to prove that wrong, in fact no one even touches that idea of a sevant. I wonder why that is.

In case you don't know what a sevant is, you might have to do your own research. There is only one explanation of how the brain can work above and beyond our understanding, because it can. Come one people, prove the troll wrong.

it's spelled savant you fool....
edit on 22-1-2012 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcalibur254

Ok smartie, so you have to break the law of physics to get the brain to work faster huh? So how is it that a sevants brain can work faster at times? There is only one answer, because it can. So I guess sevants break the law of physics. I would tend more to say that you actually don't know much about the brain, as we have clear evidence that these things exist, yet, you have no plausible explanation for them.

And you might miss the point here, its not an issue that you cant explain it, its an issue that its realy happening.

Define working faster.

And its Savant, a fact youd know if you'd done any reaserch rather than basing your hypothesis on having watched rainman.

edit on 22-1-2012 by idmonster because: Put the quotes in the wrong place....god forbid anybody thought your words were mine.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Colin hasn't won any debates with me, he hardly gives answers to my questions and when he does, he doesn't stay within the quidlines of the questions, and when I try to correct that he claims I'm cheating.

So there you have it.

Claiming that birds have a relationship with man, because they help themselves to our homes, does not prove they have a relationship with man FYI. Thats ok I didn't expect any of the other feeble minds on here to catch that either.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Not up to you.

The debate is won by the person who garners support from the most ppl.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Carry on Larry.....
Why do you keep calling me Larry, my name isn't larry if thats what your thinking.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Carry on Larry.....
Why do you keep calling me Larry, my name isn't larry if thats what your thinking.

Must prefer Lawrence !

just a thought

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

As I explained long ago to you, a savant's brain is not working faster. What is occurring are certain areas of a savant's brain, such as those dealing with math, cover a larger surface area than a normal person. However, that means that these areas are no longer specializing in the areas they normally would. This is why a savant will excel in one area, but then experience a wide range of deficits in other areas. It has nothing to do with neuronal conductivity.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

We have had this conversation before, just because you call them a lie, does not make them so. So its not nice to call someone a liar when you can't back it up.

No one has debunked anything, are YOU ashamed for lying like that?

At least I don't go around calling people liars when I can't back it up.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

it's spelled savant you fool....
Good now that I know that you know how to spell it, there is no reason for you to not be able to prove the troll wrong right?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

As I explained long ago to you, a savant's brain is not working faster. What is occurring are certain areas of a savant's brain, such as those dealing with math, cover a larger surface area than a normal person. However, that means that these areas are no longer specializing in the areas they normally would. This is why a savant will excel in one area, but then experience a wide range of deficits in other areas. It has nothing to do with neuronal conductivity.

Cool, I didnt know that it was linked to the surface area assigned to particular functions.

Do you have any reading you could recomend, or will a quick google search point me in the right direction

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

Define working faster.

And its Savant, a fact youd know if you'd done any reaserch rather than basing your hypothesis on having watched rainman.
Well rainman isn't the only example had you of done any research.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

Do you have any reading you could recomend, or will a quick google search point me in the right direction
Just google and wiki.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Throughout this thread I've asked you many times to clearly define certain statements you have made. You have ignored them, which is fine, I guess if you refuse to define them nobody can supply an answer that would satisfy you, cos an i'll defined statement can be easily altered.

You made a statement above, you said a sevant (sic) brain works faster at times. I want to avoid the confusion of "faster feet" in formulating a reply so please define how you believe a savants brain works faster?

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join