It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Shouldn't cattle be evolving to better withstand a desert climate ?

Doesn't seem to be happening here.

Cattle isn't native to deserts without human intervention, so they don't really have to adapt at all. Which is why they die without human help.

But look at the camel, it adapted perfectly and can survive a month without water.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

Plenty of hard objective evidence...you simply chose to ignore it so you can continue to believe in your fantasy land creation myth

Ignorance at its best

Probably also the reason the mods moved most of your "god is an alien" threads to Skunk Works
Well unfortunatly that is due to there being personal opinion involved in those decisions. And we should all know that anytime personal opinion is involved, it can be wrong.

I don't choose to ignore proof. I embrace it, I'm looking for it, and waiting with anticipation to find a shred of it.

There's ZERO personal opinion involved when it comes to the theory of evolution! To be classified as a scientific theory, it requires OBJECTIVE (aka not "personal") evidence, and NOT subjective evidence (aka "personal" evidence).

If you had bothered to click the link I posted in reply to one of your previous posts, you'd know what a scientific theory is. Clearly you don't, and once again you haven't even bothered to educated yourself.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I am assuming you are referring to FOXP2? That is a very cool discovery. Its does play an important role in speech and a variety of other things in the development of all animals. If you do some reading you will find this isn't the magic speech gene but does play a large role in the ability to speak. As far as its evolution I am not aware of any definitive evidence to show that it has or hasn't so there is no argument there. But the studies to learn various aspects of the gene were done by altering it in birds and mice. The gene is different in other animals but it is there with variants. So the claim only we posses the gene is false.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Or I could have avoided being facetious and pointed to the gene that only humans possess that is responsible for speech. The fact that it has always been with us and didn't evolve.

Huh? So you're claiming that evolution is completely false because humans have a unique voice? No offense, but most creatures have unique voices. Considering you're in THIS thread, please provide YOUR explanation based on scientific facts that shows anything other than evolution to explain the diversity of life on earth, as the OP requested. If you can't, then you are in the wrong place, just like Itsthetooth who's afraid to admit it. Countless facts have already been provided in this thread that fully support evolutionary science. If you've got an alternative theory I'd love to hear it.

What do you mean by 'the fact that it has always been with us and didn't evolve". Always? Since when, the beginning of time? Are you talking about just homo sapiens or other hominids too? This isn' t the thread for cheesy one liners. Explain yourself.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Knowing Randy, it's probably best to agree to disagree...you end up going in endless circles otherwise. We're already past 175 pages, do you really want to add another 175?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ya sure, thats why this is in the conspiracy section huh?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

There is zero evidence that supports evolution.
We have no bones or fossils of transgression.
The only changes ever observed in specieation are still within the same species. If humans started to normally be 7 ' its not a sign of evolution. They are still humans.

There has never been anything in the realm of evolution being witnessed under a microscope. We have witnessed new strains, but those strains are still the same species, again, its a crock.

I don't know where we are suppose to be looking for this evolution bug, but it sure does know how to hids.

Speaking of bugs, this evolution bug must be smarter than humans in order to hide its work, and still make everything possible. So everytime I ask if there is intelligent design behind the work, evolutionists say no.

So we werent created by a higher intelligence, but the evolution bug is genus. Either way you look at it, there is intelligence behind us.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Plenty of hard objective evidence...you simply chose to ignore it so you can continue to believe in your fantasy land creation myth

Ignorance at its best

Probably also the reason the mods moved most of your "god is an alien" threads to Skunk Works
Well unfortunatly that is due to there being personal opinion involved in those decisions. And we should all know that anytime personal opinion is involved, it can be wrong.

I don't choose to ignore proof. I embrace it, I'm looking for it, and waiting with anticipation to find a shred of it.
Yes I agree. You have shown over these many pages that personal opinion can be wrong. Your personal opinion, because that is all it is is very wrong with nothing of substance to back it up.

You embrace truth? You embrace truth? You embrace truth like the Boston strangler embraced necks.

You would not know the truth if it came gift wrapped and with a label because all the evidence offered you shows how wrong you are.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

There is zero evidence that supports evolution.
We have no bones or fossils of transgression.
The only changes ever observed in specieation are still within the same species. If humans started to normally be 7 ' its not a sign of evolution. They are still humans.

There has never been anything in the realm of evolution being witnessed under a microscope. We have witnessed new strains, but those strains are still the same species, again, its a crock.

I don't know where we are suppose to be looking for this evolution bug, but it sure does know how to hids.

Speaking of bugs, this evolution bug must be smarter than humans in order to hide its work, and still make everything possible. So everytime I ask if there is intelligent design behind the work, evolutionists say no.

So we werent created by a higher intelligence, but the evolution bug is genus. Either way you look at it, there is intelligence behind us.

This is getting incredibly silly. You keep on repeating the same points, and whenever someone posts irrefutable evidence that debunk those claims, you simply ignore it and keep on repeating those very same debunked claims.

It's really quite incredible

Like trying to discuss with a CD set on repeat

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

I am assuming you are referring to FOXP2? That is a very cool discovery. Its does play an important role in speech and a variety of other things in the development of all animals. If you do some reading you will find this isn't the magic speech gene but does play a large role in the ability to speak. As far as its evolution I am not aware of any definitive evidence to show that it has or hasn't so there is no argument there. But the studies to learn various aspects of the gene were done by altering it in birds and mice. The gene is different in other animals but it is there with variants. So the claim only we posses the gene is false.

Yes that is the one and I stand corrected. I'm sure I sourced some bad info but I can't even find that now either.
So Humans aren't the only ones who possess this gene but they are the only species to possess it and use a language. Also any slight mutation in the gene results in speech impediment.. So the mutation causes devolution.:

Mr. X

Knowing Randy, it's probably best to agree to disagree...you end up going in endless circles otherwise. We're already past 175 pages, do you really want to add another 175?

You ain't right X !

edit on 11-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think that there is no such thing as evolution, I mean just look at all the evidence for god and jesus christ. Its everywhere! I can feel jesus everywhere I go, and I know that on Dec. 21st 2012 Jesus will come back to save everyone except for the sinners. Yay Jesus!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
I think that there is no such thing as evolution, I mean just look at all the evidence for god and jesus christ. Its everywhere! I can feel jesus everywhere I go, and I know that on Dec. 21st 2012 Jesus will come back to save everyone except for the sinners. Yay Jesus!

In the immortal words of Billy Joel:

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun
edit on 1/11/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by drivers1492

Yes that is the one and I stand corrected. I'm sure I sourced some bad info but I can't even find that now either.
So Humans aren't the only ones who possess this gene but they are the only species to possess it and use a language. Also any slight mutation in the gene results in speech impediment.. So the mutation causes devolution.:

Mr. X

You ain't right X !

edit on 11-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Brain damage to the Brocha's area and Wernicke's area can cause it.

Just because we can't understand other animals' language doesn't mean they don't use it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Bunny! Your back again!
Great maybe now you can address my last post to you: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thus far I have seen no evidence that is not built on assumption and speculation that backs one type of animal transforming into another.
Speciation, yes.
But that can be put down as adaptation to different areas as the animals spread out or climate change.
As I said earlier "Evolution as a whole is a bad theory" and "it is no more than a hypothesis".

Still waiting on a compelling explanation of how the DNA code evolved.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Quadrivium because: changed a ? to a .

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I believe we have found many animals have and use language. It is even thought sperm whales have a dialect within groups let alone a language.

earthsky.org...

Language is definitely not something exclusive to humans.

If there is a slight mutation which causes an impediment it is not de-evolution. It may disadvantage the person affected and if not in our nurturing society may have resulted in this mutation not being passed on. It is in fact evolution in action.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I might say of course animals communicate, wolf packs, and lions during the hunt. But no way can you call that a language. At least not IMO.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
When speaking of evolution I struggle with the topic of soles. Since I believe that each of our soles has an ultimate destination then how determine the impact of these soles vs. That of evolution when looking at earths history.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rforcenone

If we do have a soul, I fail to see how that would have anything to do with evolution whatsoever. Does a soul influence the entity it inhabits physically in some way? Maybe you could expand on your issue a bit for discussion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

This is getting incredibly silly. You keep on repeating the same points, and whenever someone posts irrefutable evidence that debunk those claims, you simply ignore it and keep on repeating those very same debunked claims.

It's really quite incredible

Like trying to discuss with a CD set on repeat
Actually I was thinking the same thing about all the silly posts on evolution, with nothing to back them up.

At least its a good laugh. If you find me repeating myself its becuase the proof is there and no one can see it.

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join