It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Itsthetooth needs to understand the difference between objective and subjective evidence. Everything he has posted is either subjective, complete guesswork, or flat out wrong statements, and virtually every single post has been off topic. He simply doesn't get the fact that there is tons of objective evidence behind evolution and NONE behind his theory, which doesn't even explain diversity of life. When asked to use science to explain diversity of life on earth he resorts to a doctor making claims about a so called alien skull that has nothing to do with the diversity of life or evolution in the least. "I did a good job explaining how it could be possible". Could be possible is not evidence. Tons of stuff could be possible, but if you're looking to explain things through science, you need to utilize the methods. His main stance from what I can gather is that aliens intervened in every species to ever change on earth for 3+ billion years, or the rest of life evolved but we were placed here. I'm still not even sure which one it is, but both lack objective evidence. I'd think there would be a lot more evidence than 1 skull if aliens were genetically altering species for that long.

I think it's best we just ignore this guy from now on, or rename this thread to "my opinion and ideas about interventionism" and create another thread with the same OP. I think the topic is very interesting, but everyone keeps ignoring it. I dunno, I feel like a MOD should take "prove evolution wrong" out of the title, but it may be too late. All it does is lead to people making silly nonsensical statements like

"Evolution is like a tornado going through a junkyard and assembling a 747."

Let's analyze this statement. A violent force of weather goes through a junkyard and turns all the junk into a 747. Forget the fact that you can't do that without welding and precise engineering, specific assembly and if one part isn't perfectly made, everyone that rides on it could be instantly killed. A tornado is able to do it randomly, in one shot. This claim is similar to saying evolution from species to species happens overnight, suddenly by an external force. That's a terrible metaphor. Evolution is more like, a 747 is sitting in a junkyard and a tornado strikes, knocking one bolt off. The plane didn't change as a whole, only a tiny piece. If it sits there for thousands of years, it will get hit with more weather patterns which will slowly transform the plane into a pile of rust. At what point do you judge that it is no longer a 747? The "tornado" in this case would be the environment, and the bolt falling out would be the genetic mutation that survives as a result.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by HappyBunny

So far I have been unable to find any evidence that Robinson is even a doctor. Throw in the fact that he claims to be a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons despite the fact that the Royal College of Surgeons has no record of this and must question to legitimacy of "Dr." Robinson.

Thanks for that. I thought I was looking in the wrong places or something.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
Itsthetooth needs to understand the difference between objective and subjective evidence. Everything he has posted is either subjective, complete guesswork, or flat out wrong statements, and virtually every single post has been off topic. He simply doesn't get the fact that there is tons of objective evidence behind evolution and NONE behind his theory, which doesn't even explain diversity of life. When asked to use science to explain diversity of life on earth he resorts to a doctor making claims about a so called alien skull that has nothing to do with the diversity of life or evolution in the least. "I did a good job explaining how it could be possible". Could be possible is not evidence. Tons of stuff could be possible, but if you're looking to explain things through science, you need to utilize the methods. His main stance from what I can gather is that aliens intervened in every species to ever change on earth for 3+ billion years, or the rest of life evolved but we were placed here. I'm still not even sure which one it is, but both lack objective evidence. I'd think there would be a lot more evidence than 1 skull if aliens were genetically altering species for that long.

I think it's best we just ignore this guy from now on, or rename this thread to "my opinion and ideas about interventionism" and create another thread with the same OP. I think the topic is very interesting, but everyone keeps ignoring it. I dunno, I feel like a MOD should take "prove evolution wrong" out of the title, but it may be too late. All it does is lead to people making silly nonsensical statements like

Yep, Hoyle's Fallacy. He is also invoking Borel's Law.

edit on 12/19/2011 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

So what are you saying? That you take the agnostic view? Because your posts have made it clear that you don't.
Yes, and no. You have to understand that what has happened to us is not just as simple to answer with one word like that. It is possible that we were frankenstiened from EXISTING life. You will have to decide on your own decision if the views are agnostic or not.

It's complicated, and reminds me of my GF father putting together a frankenstien motorcycle from an assorment of motorcycle parts. Using welding to connect none matching parts. Is he technically a designer? It's a good question.
Another example thats more fitting is a friend of mine just married into a family that is known for owning rights to a spliced potatoe. Taking the russet large yellow and mixing it with the small ruby red to yeild a large ruby red. If you want that large ruby red, you have to buy it from him, he is the only one that has it.

Anyhow, if god frankenstiened us in this such way, it could also explain why our mtDNA is telling us we are well over 200,000 years old while god allegedly made us just 10,000 years ago. If this is how it all happened, would you call him our creator? I'll leave that up to you to decide, agnostic or not, IMO NOT, at least at this stage.

So then the question becomes more about what we used to be before he had started. As you can see the answers aren't simple and we might have been set back even further then ever thought just because of this.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Itsthetooth needs to understand the difference between objective and subjective evidence. Everything he has posted is either subjective, complete guesswork, or flat out wrong statements, and virtually every single post has been off topic. He simply doesn't get the fact that there is tons of objective evidence behind evolution and NONE behind his theory, which doesn't even explain diversity of life.
The problem here is that your asking me to take biblical findings and compare them with recent science working towards evolution. First of all there is little to no known work done in the direction of the bible. And there should be. Sodom and Ghamora do have all of the relics of an atomic bomb. There are tidbits here and there but I guess more people are concearned about connecting the dots for evolution.

I wasn't looking for things to explain intervention, I was looking for things to prove it.
There is no such thing as objective evidence pertaining to the bible, so your asking to compare apples to oranges.
There is also no objective evidence that can be used to prove evolution has occured in humans, or primates for that matter.

When asked to use science to explain diversity of life on earth he resorts to a doctor making claims about a so called alien skull that has nothing to do with the diversity of life or evolution in the least. "I did a good job explaining how it could be possible". Could be possible is not evidence. Tons of stuff could be possible, but if you're looking to explain things through science, you need to utilize the methods. His main stance from what I can gather is that aliens intervened in every species to ever change on earth for 3+ billion years, or the rest of life evolved but we were placed here. I'm still not even sure which one it is, but both lack objective evidence. I'd think there would be a lot more evidence than 1 skull if aliens were genetically altering species for that long.
I'm sorry but I have never used the skull to explain diversity of life. At the same time, it does prove there is other live out there.

There are understandable reasons why its hard to obtain objective evidence about aliens putting us here. It's simple, aliens don't live here. I believe the 19 skulls used in an example of evolution could just as easily be aliens. Nuclear DNA has only been out recently so this is why the old examples were never looked at as possible proof. I assumed you knew this.

So if I'm off topic how is it that a MOD hasn't removed any of my replies? There is only one answer, because your wrong.

Let's analyze this statement. A violent force of weather goes through a junkyard and turns all the junk into a 747. Forget the fact that you can't do that without welding and precise engineering, specific assembly and if one part isn't perfectly made, everyone that rides on it could be instantly killed. A tornado is able to do it randomly, in one shot. This claim is similar to saying evolution from species to species happens overnight, suddenly by an external force. That's a terrible metaphor. Evolution is more like, a 747 is sitting in a junkyard and a tornado strikes, knocking one bolt off. The plane didn't change as a whole, only a tiny piece. If it sits there for thousands of years, it will get hit with more weather patterns which will slowly transform the plane into a pile of rust. At what point do you judge that it is no longer a 747? The "tornado" in this case would be the environment, and the bolt falling out would be the genetic mutation that survives as a result.
I think its an excellent metaphor, and keep finding simular variations of it being used. It's just goes to show you how impossible evolution is.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

what does any of that matter to you anyway? you won't believe it until the rest of the followers do so who am I to convince you of anything? You either believe the skull is real and Pye is being truthful or you don't.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

what does any of that matter to you anyway? you won't believe it until the rest of the followers do so who am I to convince you of anything? You either believe the skull is real and Pye is being truthful or you don't.
I agree.

I don't get you people. It's as though you think evolution created the over 5 million species on this planet and there is just no way in hell there could be other life that might actually pay us a visit. Von Daniken was right about one thing, we are a very self centered race for sure. We found out some time ago that there are well over 5 million species on this earth. Today your finding out that there is a skull that seriously looks alien. Imagine what you will know tomorrow.
edit on 19-12-2011 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Speaking of evolution look at how monkeys are being trained.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-12-2011 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

We're back to the 5 million species and of course back to you not explaining it.

I don't get you people. It's as though you think evolution created the over 5 million species on this planet and there is just no way in hell there could be other life that might actually pay us a visit.
That says it all. You still say things like evolution created. Still believe if someone supports Evolution they cannot accept life beyond this planet.

What we dont accept is the crap your peddling

Daniken was right about one thing, we are a very self centered race for sure. We found out some time ago that there are well over 5 million species on this earth. Today your finding out that there is a skull that seriously looks alien. Imagine what you will know tomorrow.
Then you come out with this tripe After spending pages telling us rubbish about us being special enough to have kissed off some god and denying Evolutions message that is we are all special you have the bare faced cheek to write that.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

The skull is obviously real. Whether it's an alien or not is another story.

It's not that he's lying, but his refusal to release the rest of the results is lying by omission. Once again, saying that the child isn't human is a long way from it being alien.

I'm sorry, but I'm an Occam's Razor kind of girl. I see no reason to invoke aliens when there are plenty of other more plausible explanations.

Why did the woman who ended up with the skull take it directly to Pye? Why not a medical examiner or an anthropologist? Why him?--and keep in mind that he was already known for his off-the-mainstream views.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The problem here is that your asking me to take biblical findings and compare them with recent science working towards evolution.

No. I'm asking you for evidence that goes toward YOUR theory of the diversity of life. That is the topic of this thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

That says it all. You still say things like evolution created. Still believe if someone supports Evolution they cannot accept life beyond this planet.

And what exactly is that?

Then you come out with this tripe After spending pages telling us rubbish about us being special enough to have kissed off some god and denying Evolutions message that is we are all special you have the bare faced cheek to write that.
Well I'm sorry but your lingo is hard to understand, can you try without the lingo?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by colin42

And what exactly is that?

Well I'm sorry but your lingo is hard to understand, can you try without the lingo?
Yes you cannot even see it when it is in your own lingo. Evolution does not create anything. That is the thing about evolution as you have been told many times but failed to grasp. Evolution is change over time.

The tripe (rubbish) you are peddling is everything you have wrote. You are so poorly informed you would make a creationist blush. FYI tripe is offal that I dont eat cooked so I wont be eating it raw fed from you.

It is ironic that you preach about us being special page after page. Special enough for your Alien to be so angry with us he steals powers and abandons us on planet where we dont fit. Maybe to mine gold, with hands that show we dont belong even though you ignore primates share the same deformity. (sorry about giggling).

Then YOU accuse us of believing we are special.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

The skull is obviously real. Whether it's an alien or not is another story.

It's not that he's lying, but his refusal to release the rest of the results is lying by omission. Once again, saying that the child isn't human is a long way from it being alien.

I'm sorry, but I'm an Occam's Razor kind of girl. I see no reason to invoke aliens when there are plenty of other more plausible explanations.

Why did the woman who ended up with the skull take it directly to Pye? Why not a medical examiner or an anthropologist? Why him?--and keep in mind that he was already known for his off-the-mainstream views.

just by your questions it shows you haven't done your homework on this subject so why not do that and then make up your own mind? I'm an Occam's kinda guy and I've determined the skull is not human because there aren't any other more plausible explanations. The skull is not a deformed human, it has morphological and physiological features that are not human, it's chemical composition is not human and the dna (whether you want to believe it or not) is not human. That makes it not human, it's actually very simple.

I think the thing getting in the way is peoples' inability to actually accept the reality of it. I'm not trying to prove evolution wrong, I just think the skull makes the subject moot because it proves aliens were tampering with dna 900 years ago and probably longer just like we're told by the ancients. It's not "myths" anymore, it is literally true and that is going to upset many people who've based their lives works on the wrong things.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
Evolution is change over time.

still trying to figure how plants changed into animals though

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Yes you cannot even see it when it is in your own lingo. Evolution does not create anything. That is the thing about evolution as you have been told many times but failed to grasp. Evolution is change over time.

The tripe (rubbish) you are peddling is everything you have wrote. You are so poorly informed you would make a creationist blush. FYI tripe is offal that I dont eat cooked so I wont be eating it raw fed from you.

It is ironic that you preach about us being special page after page. Special enough for your Alien to be so angry with us he steals powers and abandons us on planet where we dont fit. Maybe to mine gold, with hands that show we dont belong even though you ignore primates share the same deformity. (sorry about giggling).

I see, so the fact that we have simular hands to primates pretty much seals it for you huh? Well I have two eyes just like fish, and cats and dogs, am I related to them too?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by colin42

I see, so the fact that we have simular hands to primates pretty much seals it for you huh? Well I have two eyes just like fish, and cats and dogs, am I related to them too?

Yes...you have a common ancestor if you go far enough back in time. In fact, we know that we share a common ancestor that's 3.9b years old.

So yeah, you're demonstrably related to both dogs and your pet fish

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

still trying to figure how plants changed into animals though
Well I went back further and was trying to figure out how we evolved from slime, and who made the slime.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

As has been explained numerous times to you: evolution =/= abiogenesis. We have yet to develop a theory on how life started one Earth. We have hypotheses, but the evidence is still insufficient to declare one as being correct. We do have a theory that explains the biodiversity of life on Earth. That is the modern evolution synthesis. Now the topic of this thread is whether you can provide an alternative theory that explains the biodiversity of life on this planet. So far you have yet to provide a sufficient answer to the question. Instead you have spent numerous page expounding on alien intervention theory. If that's what you want to discuss make a separate thread. It is not the topic of this thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

As has been explained numerous times to you: evolution =/= abiogenesis. We have yet to develop a theory on how life started one Earth.
Well first of all I'm shocked. I mean I have just been slammed with evolution theorys in which most are simply made up of other theorys. Honestly I wouldn't think we would have to wait sometime before one will surface.

We have hypotheses, but the evidence is still insufficient to declare one as being correct. We do have a theory that explains the biodiversity of life on Earth. That is the modern evolution synthesis. Now the topic of this thread is whether you can provide an alternative theory that explains the biodiversity of life on this planet. So far you have yet to provide a sufficient answer to the question. Instead you have spent numerous page expounding on alien intervention theory. If that's what you want to discuss make a separate thread. It is not the topic of this thread.
Well thats probably because I assumed most poeple would be smart enough to realize that there is so much other life out there, we could in fact be made from another life form. Not in the form of evolution but in the form of creation or even intervention.

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join