It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

To answer your last question, measles not only affects humans, but can affect all primates. Which once again is a pretty good indicator that we're related.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

So, empirical evidence isn't good enough to prove evolution? Then explain to me how a book written by an economic history major that had no clue about anything related to archaeology or Assyriology and a book that even experts argue about are supposed to be sufficient evidence for the claim that we don't belong on Earth.
We are not the only humanoid species that has ever been on earth people. There have been many other types and its even in the bible. We are definitely NOT ALONE people. Some of those as you will notice just seemed to have dissapeared off earth. They were shipped out of here probably the same way they got here.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Oh my God, this claim again? I have already explained that an adult female would not produce enough milk for an adult. It's enough for a newborn, but not an adult. Not to mention that humans only really produce milk following pregnancy. If humans stopped drinking milk as adults like every other mammal then we could suffice with the milk from our mothers.
Ok but I'm assuming you know mom will produce milk as long as someone keeps taking it right? So you just put me back to square one on this. There appears to be no reason (from your point of view) why we are drinking cows milk. If we can get sufficiant milk as kids from mom, then there is no excuse why we are relying on cows from it.

I rest my case.

Now your contradicting yourself by saying mothers would not be able to produce milk enough to feed an adult. Why are we drinking milk as adults to begin with? I know why and its not for the taste. If it's enough for a newborne why are we using cows milk? I know why. If humans stopped drinking milk past childhood like all others, your still not explaining why we continue to.

According to the link I provided you, we actually need an increasing amount of calcium as we get older. Aside from the cow, it's simply not here. There is something missing on this planet for our intended diet. Your never going to convince me humans are suppose to drink cows milk.

You must remember that most animals have lived in stable environments for hundreds of thousands of years. Therefore, they have had plenty of time to develop immune systems that are optimal for that environment. Humans on the other hand have had a massive change of environment over the past 6,000-10,000 years. Therefore, our immune systems are still adapting to the types of diseases our new environment presents us with. You must also remember that if an animal in the wild gets sick it's most likely going to die. So, there's one reason you don't see too many sick animals.
It's an understatment, but I'll agree. Anytime you move something to another planet, this is what your going to have to deal with.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

We are not the only humanoid species that has ever been on earth people. There have been many other types and its even in the bible. We are definitely NOT ALONE people. Some of those as you will notice just seemed to have dissapeared off earth. They were shipped out of here probably the same way they got here.

Can you please provide the verses of the bible that indicate these other beings? I just want to make sure you have the evidence and everything is legit.... Sorry...haha You can't use the bible as a reference to anything. It is subject to interpretation. Case in point, the whole argument of the age of the earth as according to gensis. You can say the world is 6 days old, 6,000 years old or the most recent I have heard (but still inaccurate) 6 million years old.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

And what I'm saying is that human's aren't supposed to drink cow's milk. Cattle has only been domesticated since the early Neolithic. Before that we didn't have access to cow's milk and lo and behold we survived. There are also plenty of people today that don't drink milk, whether voluntarily or nonvoluntarily, and they do fine without it. The reason we drink milk is because it an easily replenishable source of vitamins. However, we can get the same vitamins through other means.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tony4211

Can you please provide the verses of the bible that indicate these other beings? I just want to make sure you have the evidence and everything is legit.... Sorry...haha You can't use the bible as a reference to anything. It is subject to interpretation. Case in point, the whole argument of the age of the earth as according to gensis. You can say the world is 6 days old, 6,000 years old or the most recent I have heard (but still inaccurate) 6 million years old.
Just pull up google and type in "aliens in the bible" and choose one.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

How many animals naturally feed off of their mothers milk their entire life? How would the person survive if they are dependent on their mother's milk?

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

And what I'm saying is that human's aren't supposed to drink cow's milk. Cattle has only been domesticated since the early Neolithic. Before that we didn't have access to cow's milk and lo and behold we survived. There are also plenty of people today that don't drink milk, whether voluntarily or nonvoluntarily, and they do fine without it. The reason we drink milk is because it an easily replenishable source of vitamins. However, we can get the same vitamins through other means.
Milk is not an EASY replenishable source of vitamins.

Again your trying to tell me that its easier to breed, feed, milk, process, homogenise, pasturize, fortify (which means it doesn't naturally have the vitamins, they are added) package, ship and sell. Rather than drink it from moms teat.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

It was a joke, man. I don't care to see the verses. Did you not read the rest of the comment?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Lactation in humans is dependent on hormones released during pregnancy. Interestingly enough, the same hormones that are responsible for gingivitis during pregnancy. Not to mention that humans aren't bred specifically for their ability to produce milk. Then there's the fact that cows mature faster than humans thus allowing a greater turn around time between birth and milk production. Throw in the fact that cow milk has the same nutrients as human milk, but is produced in much greater quantities at a time and it becomes clear that the smart decision is to get our milk from cows. There's also the whole social aspect where people get weirded out if you continue to drink your mother's milk after the time you can speak. I seriously can't believe I'm having this conversation.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tony4211

How many animals naturally feed off of their mothers milk their entire life? How would the person survive if they are dependent on their mother's milk?
Now your starting to see a small part of a much bigger picture.

This is how it is. There are things we can use for calcium intake, but we wont get enough of the RDA. We would have to gorge ourselves on certain foods just to meet that quota. Milk was introduced because it provided a way to hit that goal.

Dont confuse milk with sucking from moms teat, you see on our actuall home planet there is something there that provides us with those needs. We are simply filling the gap by drinking it from the cow. And we have to, because its all we have.

God did provide us with many things to get by when he dumped us here, and the cow might be one such critter. He would have been smart enough to know that we need that calcium. Of course when I say god I don't mean this is a good thing. His intentions were selfish and just wanted us to suffice. There is something out there the provides us with what we need. But it's not here on earth.
Breeding cows, feeding cows, managing cows, milking cows, processing the milk is not because we want to, its because we have to. Our other sources of calcium just wont cut it. The top of the chart was processed cheese followed by sardines, followed with some others. Veggies and fruit don't measure up to our needs in calcium. We would be so screwed without mr cow. Saddly that dairy is all we have. Of course you know we aren't suppose to be drinking it, but we have to.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Lactation in humans is dependent on hormones released during pregnancy. Interestingly enough, the same hormones that are responsible for gingivitis during pregnancy. Not to mention that humans aren't bred specifically for their ability to produce milk. Then there's the fact that cows mature faster than humans thus allowing a greater turn around time between birth and milk production. Throw in the fact that cow milk has the same nutrients as human milk, but is produced in much greater quantities at a time and it becomes clear that the smart decision is to get our milk from cows. There's also the whole social aspect where people get weirded out if you continue to drink your mother's milk after the time you can speak. I seriously can't believe I'm having this conversation.
I'm going to direct you back to that link again. You might be right, I'm not saying we needs moms teat for the rest of our lives. All I'm trying to say is that it's obvious we need more and more calcium as we get older, and here we are only knowing to drink cows milk. It's simply because there is something not availlable here on earth that would normally supply us with that calcium.
edit on 8-12-2011 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

To answer your last question, measles not only affects humans, but can affect all primates. Which once again is a pretty good indicator that we're related.
Thats like saying bicycles can get flat tires from nails. Cars can get flat tires from nails so a car must also be a bicycle.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You're also forgetting that humans are living longer than they used to. If we lived in the wild our lifespan would probably be 30-40 years max, which is right around the time need for calcium starts to increase.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

However, it's not the car or the bike as a whole that's being affected by the nail, in both cases it's the tire. So two related objects are being affected in the same way by the same stimulus. What's your explanation as to why the only animals on Earth that are affected by measles are humans and other primates?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You're also forgetting that humans are living longer than they used to. If we lived in the wild our lifespan would probably be 30-40 years max, which is right around the time need for calcium starts to increase.
Well err, NO and YES.

You see according to the bible we started out living 1000 years. But after punishments we were sentanced to only 120 years. Of course we don't even live that. However we did dip for a period and have overcome that dip. Of course it was from ramping up our medical background which we had no choice in doing. Learn or die is just how bad our situation is.

We are not only fighting the affects of living on the wrong planet, but all of the damage god did to us through punishments in the form of DNA.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

Well err, NO and YES.

You see according to the bible we started out living 1000 years. But after punishments we were sentanced to only 120 years. Of course we don't even live that. However we did dip for a period and have overcome that dip. Of course it was from ramping up our medical background which we had no choice in doing. Learn or die is just how bad our situation is.

We are not only fighting the affects of living on the wrong planet, but all of the damage god did to us through punishments in the form of DNA.

The Bible is not an accurate source for scientific data! There is no proof anywhere that humans have ever lived a thousand years.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

However, it's not the car or the bike as a whole that's being affected by the nail, in both cases it's the tire. So two related objects are being affected in the same way by the same stimulus. What's your explanation as to why the only animals on Earth that are affected by measles are humans and other primates?
Well I guess that was the technical point. 97% of our DNA matches with primates. So its only a difference of many millions of genes. I can see you want so desperatly to make a connection but the thing you have to remember is there is a very good reason why we are a lot alike. Just look at DNA from all living things and you realize we are all made up of the same protiens and amino acids. Now this could mean two or more things. It could be that we evolved, which we are seriously finding massive gaps in the theorys ( because its a series of theorys) or it could be that a creator of sorts re used existing ideas to make all this life. Just like using a wheel on a bike as well as on a car. Are they related, yes and no. They are both vehicles but not both cars. What it comes down to is there is nothing that says a creator is not allowed to use simillar ideas over and over.

According to "what we now know", a movie I watched online, they make it clear that there is no way in hell we evolved. Quantium physics proves we were made somehow. Now with that they aren't saying god did it, or anyone else specific. Point is, it's to overwhelming for evolution to exist.

first problem is that nothing will stay in an eco balance if everything is changing in unpredictalbe ways.
From a creators point of view, it's impossible to think yes we know they all change and they all change together to keep a balance. But who knows, it wouldn't shock me.
Second problem is out of the 5 millino species we have here, we have no intermediate species to show macroevoltuion. According to the theory it should be everywhere, unless humans are the ONLY thing that evolves and thats just dumb.
Third is that we seem to be missing the mass amount of bones showing the transgression of stages. We have 19 skulls which none prove any relation much less evolution. The could in fact be aliens for all we know.
Fourth is that some claim to not change while others change. This honestly makes no sense, and natural selection is never rearing its ugly head to the point that it changes species.
Fifth is that these are usually based on what we are calling defects. Now seriously look at primates and then look at us and sum up all of these defects then try to explain how we didn't die out from the outragous changes.
Sixth, defects usually have physical side effects. Do you honestly think we look like one giant side effect compared to a primate?
Seven, we evolved away from a fitting lifestyle. We went from being part of a system including habitat, food and fitting surroundings to man made habitat, man made food, man made society. Most of which has problems

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

A major indicator that we weren't supposed to live past 40 or so is menopause. No other species outlives their ability to procreate and originally humans didn't either. It is only with the advent of medical technology and the increase in life span that this has become a common occurrence.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

A major indicator that we weren't supposed to live past 40 or so is menopause. No other species outlives their ability to procreate and originally humans didn't either. It is only with the advent of medical technology and the increase in life span that this has become a common occurrence.
Well its an interesting observation, but I would venture to say that most things here go through a type of menopause. It is weird how we only procriate for only 25 years to boot. You have to once again keep in mind we are suppose to live 1000 years.

Some people look at me funny when I tell them this and the first thing out of there mouth is hell I don't think I would want to live that long. And they are right, with all the DNA damage god put on us, all the sickness we deal with, no one would want to. But it's not suppose to be that way. I'm 45 so an easier way to explain this is I'm about 450 years old. Now you get a better picture of how things would be. Could you imagin being 20 for 100 years. It would be cool as hell. I always thought it was weird how some birds here live longer than humans.

The bible is important to understand why things are the way that they are, and why things are so screwed up. It's so important they should write a book about it. Oh they did its called the bible. Anyhow the bible is a supernatural read so this is what throws people off track, and things are easily missunderstood. If you don't understand these things they will seem downright magical. Trust me there is no magic, it all makes sense from the supernatural perspective. Aliens are through out the bible, and the more you understand aliens, the easier it is to understand why there appears to be magic.

As an example, god can hear our thoughts and prayers. It's not magic, its an alien power called telepathy. Religion took a wrong turn on this and assumed it meant we have imaginary friends and magic. I have looked into this so deep that I have even discovered that we actually have it, and it is disabled though our DNA as the first punishment. We have other powers dissabled too, Isiah 6 talks about a power called precieve. I'm telling you he jacked us up bad.
edit on 8-12-2011 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join