It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Well, I had a lot of dental problems when I was pregnant. But not tooth loss--gingivitis. I didn't even know yet I was pregnant with my 2nd and my gums inflamed so badly I thought I had an abscess. So I went to the dentist, they did an X ray and gave me an antibiotic. A week later I called them hysterical and when I told the receptionist that I was pregnant and got an X ray, etc, the first thing she said was, "That's why you got gingivitis."

But that's hormonal, not calcium-related.
If you would have had a CBC done you would have easily seen that your calcium was low, which in turn caused the hormonal imbalance, which in turn started to cause gum / teeth problems.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

That's another thing, if we were "dumped" here, we'd most likely have died off pretty quick simply because we wouldn't have been able to eat anything.
Well your forgeting that we were helped. God also provided us with necessary things knowing we would need them.

It's all a big mess because you might think we should be fine but from a technical point of view we will never be fine on this planet. Even if god has transported all of the necessary things from our home (which the bible specifically says he did not) that would have also of knocked off the eco balance of this planet.

Each planet is created with balance in mind. The life and cycles of everything are all part of a balanced eco system. We are not part of earths so we are screwing it up here. This is why the planet will continue to reject us forever. We don't belong here.

God did a bad thing when he moved us here but his intentions were greedy. Acording to Sitchen it was to enslave us as minors for gold. All that god cared about was making us mine and surrender gold. If it meant setting us up with some things to help us get by then so be it. Of course this also means that we are not the only thing on this planet that is not from here. We were provided with herbs, and many different types of foods but remember NONE of them our from our actually home.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Not to mention disease. Heck, just reintroduction with humans only recently diverged from causes massive loss of life to disease. Just look at the Native Americans. From millions to lightly populated tribes spread across the continent. They got wiped out by things like smallpox. Imagine an alien coming here. They'd have to wear a contamination suit at all times just to prevent death from our planet's microbes.
Your exactly right, and they do in fact do that.

www.aolnews.com...

Check out this visit we got in Utah. People are so stupid not being able to figure out what the hell is going on. This large craft hovered with red lights, drops Some bright flare like objects and people are clueless.

The objects dropped are probes. This is perhaps a new race (new to visiting us anyhow) checking out our planet and they don't dare want to step foot out of there ship untill they first test some things. Like is there even oxygen here. Whats the temperature like, and possibly checking for things that can make them sick. We actually did the exact same thing when we landed on the moon, we shot a probe out first.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So true. Of all the diseases I hope stay eradicated, it's that one. No other microbe has caused so much sickness, disfigurement, and death.
Not that we would never get sick on our home planet but the vast array of sickness we face each day should earn a spot on 1000 ways to die. We seriously struggle and things are getting worse. I even asked my counselor, straight up, are people today sick and she agreed yes they are. There are new strains always surfacing and now things are so bad that when they give someone antibiotics, they have to give them two different sets because a strain is immune to them. We only have 3 to play with FYI.

Back in the 70's, there was a population on an island in the South Pacific that had never seen westerners before. They all contracted measles.
You think about how serious all of this is yet we say this is the least of our worries.

HG Wells was right.
IMO it is NEVER a good idea for an alien be it us or another life, to get moved to another planet. All planets have a delicate eco balance, and I know this wasn't going through gods mind when he moved us here. It's just wrong.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Seriously, stop posting and read the books I suggested. They will inform you far beyond what I can explain in a paragraph or two here.

"The Blind Watchmaker"

"The Ancestor's Tale"

"The Selfish Gene"

All three by Richard Dawkins.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

The interesting thing is that through selection, the Native Americans that are still alive today have some of the strongest immune systems for fighting disease. It has actually kind of perplexed some scientists.

At the same time, we have had to ramp up our medical field just to stay alive. We actually got hit from multiple directions. You see not only are we at risk because we are not on our home planet, but we were also blessed with a plethora of defects that were placed on us from god.

If you have ever read any parts of the bible I'm sure you found some punishments abroad. Thats really what most of the book is about, its about how we got punished. It's funny because we always learn what the punishement will be, but we are never told how it will be executed. He did it through DNA. Watch Lloyd Pye's video on human genetics. Keep in mind that Lloyd doesn't even believe in god. I figured this out on my own.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

A drop in calcium is not causing the hormonal imbalance. The pregnancy itself is. The pituitary gland alone has numerous hormones that are only released during pregnancy. Do you think hormonal imbalances during puberty are also caused by a calcium deficiency?
No but it could be something else that is causing it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

There are new strains always surfacing and now things are so bad that when they give someone antibiotics, they have to give them two different sets because a strain is immune to them.

More evidence of evolution. Keep it coming!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

I just want to be clear about what you're asserting here -- are you really claiming that 100% of humans require "medical intervention" (and please clearly define that term for all of us) to survive until puberty?
We have 12 known defects in our genes that wont allow someone to live past puberty without proper medical attention. Ie, shots, boosters, and imunization.

Another rectally-derived number, just like your claim that it would take "trillions and trillions of years" for us to evolve.
Ok I didn't count each page but it is well over 1/4 total.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Or, because it tastes good. Certain poisons also taste good, but the people that eat them die. The result is that most people developed genes that make many poisonous foods taste bitter and gross.

We harvest cow milk because we can, not because we must. You're mistaking learned knowledge with instinct.
I dunno, the commercials I see on them pushing it, is milk does a body good. What do you think they mean by that?

You know, I doubt we're going to get anywhere, so if you'd like, you can just admit that you don't understand evolution and we can go our merry ways. Until you read the books I suggested, you're still blathering on about things which are completely inaccurate.
I think its obvious that evolution is not how we got to earth, and that evolution does not exist at least in macroevolution. I have supplied as much accuracy as I can, not including counting the pages in my phone book.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Okay, I've decided to take a few minutes to look through some medical journals so I can once and for all prove you wrong on this point. First off, here is an article from the California Dental Association by Dr. Barbara Steinberg. In it she explains why pregnancy will not cause a decrease in the calcium found in teeth. She then goes on to discuss pregnancy gingivitis.

Women's Oral Health Issues

These next links deal specifically with pregnancy gingivitis and hormone levels. Each one concludes that the increase in gingivitis during pregnancy is due to such hormones as oestrogen and progesterone, which are naturally produced during pregnancy, being the culprit. A few even go on to say that the hormones aren't even affecting the teeth or gums, they are simply providing a better environment for plaque to grow. If you want more articles you can do a simple search on Google Scholar. There seems to be a large amount of research done on pregnancy gingivitis and hormones.

Ovarian hormones and oral health: pregnancy gingivitis
Salivary female sex hormone levels and gingivitis in pregnancy
Hormonal factors in periodontal disease
Periodontal disease status during pregnancy and 3 months post-partum, in a rural population of Sri-Lankan women

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
At the same time, we have had to ramp up our medical field just to stay alive. We actually got hit from multiple directions. You see not only are we at risk because we are not on our home planet, but we were also blessed with a plethora of defects that were placed on us from god.

If you have ever read any parts of the bible I'm sure you found some punishments abroad. Thats really what most of the book is about, its about how we got punished. It's funny because we always learn what the punishement will be, but we are never told how it will be executed. He did it through DNA. Watch Lloyd Pye's video on human genetics. Keep in mind that Lloyd doesn't even believe in god. I figured this out on my own.

So what about cats, and dogs, and ferrets, and pretty much any domesticated household pet? As soon as they are domesticated and we live with them and breed them, they have almost all the same diseases we do. I know a few people who's cat died of cancer, dogs that have tuberculosis and gastrointestinal diseases, tigers with brain diseases.

It's called aging. Did you know we vaccinate dogs and cats? Vaccination is just preparing your immune system for future exposures without actually making you sick. It's safer only because you have almost no chance of dying with vaccination, whereas exposing yourself to the disease with no preventative measures has a 20% or higher rate of death.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Perhaps we wear shoes made of cow skin because on earth we need thicker feet. On our home planet things were so good there we had pole to pole carpeting and we used fluffy animals as toilet paper.

Oh no! I think he is getting to me because I too believe he is not from here.
Laugh about it all you want but you just aren't able to come up with a sufficiant reason as to why we are the only ones on this earth that wears shoes.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

You do know he will not read any of the books you recomended. Hell he does not really read any of the replies to him evident by his answers that are probably cut and pasted from a crib sheet.

I suggest we let this thread die a death as no one has addressed the OP of explain the diversity we see without refering to evolution after 80 pages (The last 20 have just been sureal so dont count).

Frankly they cannot explain diversity which is why they attack evolution because it can and does what they cannot. We should remind them of it often.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I dunno, the commercials I see on them pushing it, is milk does a body good. What do you think they mean by that?

That's because it's an industry, and our nutrition people think it does do a body good, even though it makes no sense that we are ingesting another species' milk. The hormones will not mix well with ours, and it just is weird, only coming about in recent Western society.

I think its obvious that evolution is not how we got to earth, and that evolution does not exist at least in macroevolution. I have supplied as much accuracy as I can, not including counting the pages in my phone book.

Why do we have to get to Earth in your mind? What is so impossible about having developed here naturally? Heck, I'll even believe some sort of intervention at some point, but there's no current evidence of it, and it says nothing about evolution.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I have allready requested the selfish gene as a xmas gift. btw I love richard dawkins.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Perhaps we wear shoes made of cow skin because on earth we need thicker feet. On our home planet things were so good there we had pole to pole carpeting and we used fluffy animals as toilet paper.

Oh no! I think he is getting to me because I too believe he is not from here.
Laugh about it all you want but you just aren't able to come up with a sufficiant reason as to why we are the only ones on this earth that wears shoes.

There's actually a movement in a lot of physical groups that endorse barefoot running. Shoes cause our feet to slowly damage themselves, when running comes naturally to us.

Here's a nice article that talks about it:

www.runnersworld.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Here's an experiment you can do. Go without wearing shoes for a month. Even go without wearing shoes for week. After that time check out the callous that has developed over your feet. You too will be able to walk on most surfaces without noticing. You would probably even be able to take a lighter to your foot and not feel anything.

link   

reply to post by Varemia

I have allready requested the selfish gene as a xmas gift. btw I love richard dawkins.

You could always check it out at your public library. That's how I learned a lot of what I know. I just pulled random books from the library and read them.

link   
reply to post by Barcs

More evidence of evolution. Keep it coming!
Not necessarily. It's possible that we just never stumbled onto them yet. Just like we know there are over 5 million species here and we are still finding more all the time. It's not proof that they just popped up out of thin air however, or evovled from something else.

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join