It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make the politicians pay the debt they create

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Getting Real Again

Oh, yes, they’d whine, but they were happy enough to take credit for passing all these boondoggles. Now it is their turn to pay. But that is just a one-time deal. What we need is a system by which all elected officials are held responsible for the debts they run up. Naturally, we would then require them to put down a deposit, of some hundreds of thousands for local offices and some tens of millions for a state-wide office, some billions for the Presidency. Of course, if they went over the limit we had established, they would have to pay that, too, and no bankruptcy relief for politicians, nosiree!

“But then the only people who would get elected to high offices would be the rich and their flunkeys!” As if that were not the case now. Under my plan, at least they would have to buy their licenses to steal, and it would be fun watching them squirm. We should also have to make one minor adjustment in our system of jurisprudence. Politicians being politicians, the presumption would be guilt, and the dirty politicos would have to prove their innocence. Ron Paul and a few others would go Scot free; the rest would go where they belong.

Imagine Mitch McConnell joining Harry Reid, doing life at hard labor.

I turned 91 in prison

Doing life without parole.

“No one could steer me right,”

Obama cried, Obama cried,

“Ron Paul tried to learn me better,

But his pleading I denied.

And now I’m breaking rocks

Because I lied”

This has a little bit of everything, thought, ideas, and comedy. I like his proposals, since the politicians buy their seats anyways why not make them put a down payment on whatever damn debt they will create and if they go over… well they have to pay for that too. Either we would have the most virtuous elected representatives in world history or our jails would be filled with lots of bankrupt politicians.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i've always said: whoever declares war must also join the front line.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i agree with that

they spent us into oblivion and whats the solution? spend more and raise taxes so they can blow more money

OUR MONEY!

as far as im an concerned they should forfeit all pay and benefits bestowed upon them by us they arent doing their jobs and the continue the same ole same ole.

but the reality of it is that congress is untouchable for any of their actions We Are!

i get behind this 100%. make them pay

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I believe they love to spend time with their rich supporters and share their lifestyle.

They should be oblidged to spend equal time living and sharing the life style of the poorest they represent as well.

May open a few eyes and then yes we would really all be in this together.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ya know it is too bad the ones who got us into this mess will never be accountable for doing so. I cannot believe we are here.... soooo far in debt but I am hopeful that at the end of the day there is some MASTER plan that will get us out of it...without any red flag operations that is.

Peace and love to you all!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

new topics

top topics

join