It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Bomb goes off in Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Car Bomb goes off in Michigan

news.yahoo.com

MONROE, Mich. (AP) — A car bomb caused a powerful explosion on a Michigan street that seriously injured a father and his two sons, who are "very fortunate" to have survived the attack, which turned their vehicle into a blackened hunk of metal, a federal official said Wednesday.
Investigators were poring over what remained of the vehicle after the Tuesday evening blast, looking for clues about how the bomb was made and who might have planted it, said Donald Dawkins, a spokesman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
"There was a lot of power behind it. The victims a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is crazy, the ATF is investigating the incident. This story is breaking and new info will become available. A father and son were the targets of the attack, no one is sure why at the moment. Both father and son survived the attack, if you have any information please contact the ATF right away. They are offering a $10,000 reward.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Does the mafia still exist?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
How is the ATF going to get much info if they won't release the names of the victims?
I'd say look into the driver's recent activities and you'll find the answers to why his car exploded.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
the fact that terrorist attacks (no matter the nationality) always target innocent civilians is a true sign that these people are just quivering cowards....

A 'grown up' version of the Columbine kids...."So and so picked on me, and i disagree with their views"...boom...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
How is the ATF going to get much info if they won't release the names of the victims?
I'd say look into the driver's recent activities and you'll find the answers to why his car exploded.

I wondered the same thing. If you don't know the victims how can you help?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Hmm....

Shawn Remington, 33, said he was working outside his home when he heard what sounded like a heavy, metal Dumpster lid being slammed shut and then saw a big column of smoke.

Bombs usually go "boom" don't they? It seems " a heavy, metal Dumpster lid being slammed shut " doesn't really evoke the idea of an explosion. I can only assume they KNOW it was a bomb. Or is it possible that something fuel/electric related caused this?
edit on 21-9-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

'
I missed the part in the article where they stated that it was the victim's car that exploded....Is this the case?

If so, that is strange indeed....I made the assumption (maybe too early) that the car was roadside....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by Irish614

Hmm....

Shawn Remington, 33, said he was working outside his home when he heard what sounded like a heavy, metal Dumpster lid being slammed shut and then saw a big column of smoke.

Bombs usually go "boom" don't they? It seems " a heavy, metal Dumpster lid being slammed shut " doesn't really evoke the idea of an explosion. I can only assume they KNOW it was a bomb. Or is it possible that something fuel/electric related caused this?
edit on 21-9-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

It also depends on how far away Shawn Remington was at the time of the explosion, you'd be surprised what an explosion or gun shot sounds like at a far enough distance as the sound dissipates.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sorry, it's not BREAKING NEWS folks...............

This happened yesterday................

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thestillborn1

Yesterday evening, its still less than 24 hours old. As new information becomes available to story will be updated. Did you hear anything about this yesterday? I didn't.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Organized crime links? Anyone able to find out what the father does for a living?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Already being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join