It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
An autobiography of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is being released... despite the fact Mr Assange broke off his involvement and tried to cancel the project.
After... more than 50 hours of taped interviews, he decided he wanted to cancel the contract.
"All memoir is prostitution," the publishers say he declared after reading the first draft.
...the [six-figure advance has] already been used to settle outstanding legal bills...
...They then decided to publish without Mr Assange's consent...
the wikileaks scam he has been using is failing
An unauthorised autobiography? Impossible!
An unauthorised biography, perhaps, but an autobiography is actually written by the person it is about. This sounds like it was never one and is just a biography..
Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by pause4thought
* - Stated he does what he does to stop the war in Iraq / Afghanistan. Yet he has failed to provide any documents that would do that.
* - Stated he would release files that show government corruption and wrong doing that would lead to charges / people rsigning because of the info. Yet instead of releasing the specific documents, he does a mass release and buries the sharp needle in a mountain of dull needles.
* - Demands transparency from governments and group, yet refuses to to hold himself ot the same standard, including where his sources of funding come from.
* - Says he does this for common good, and then threatens to sue a British newspaper, who had all files leaked to them from a source inside wikileaks, because he "owns" the information and would suffer financial hardship if they releaased it.
* - Has manipulated the relase of ducements to coincide with his dimming star, which is to say when wiki falls out of the news and he runs out of money, he comes back with a new baseless claim to get donations, and he then goes silent again.
* - Made grand claims and has not followed through with them.
* - Has lied to the media in an effort to sway public opinion that his troubles in sweden are linked to the US. Again for a person who demands people answer acusations, he certainly does not practice what he preaches. He and his lawyer also blatantly lied when they stated he could be charged with treason in the US, face execution and be placed in Gitmo, knowing full well that can NEVER happen.
* - The charges (you can pick any number that would qualify) dont allow for the death penalty.
So yeah - No agenda.. I just dont care for him or his practices. I think he has placed people in danger, even mroe so now by releasing the entire cache wihtout names redacted.
Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by ANNED
Eeh... how many documents WL got from hacking? I have an answer. It's zero. Also that bid about bank internal documents being copyrighted is utter and complete bs.