It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: 9.21.2011 Object Reentry Alert (Not Elenin Related)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
With all the Elenin hype going around, this is another topic that will some how be brought into the Elenin arena for discussion. THIS IS NOT ELENIN RELATED. It's simply a satellite that's tumbling it's way towards Earth.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is on the front page.....(firehose)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But anyways....chances of getting hit by this is something like 0.000000000000045% if i remember correctly.

Most of the planet is uninhabited....chances are it will fall somewhere where it will not injure or kill anyone

edit on 21-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: to add link to existing thread on the front page

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
1. Its not URGENT, theres still a few days to go.
2. Theres a whole bunch of threads on this already.
3. The gratuitous use of ELENIN is bound to get you at least a few stars and flags.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's the ultimate regional squeegee hunt if it comes down over land where people can reasonably get to debris. As others have said, if it looks anything like a container or recognizable component of some kind, I won't touch it with a pole...but if somehow they're off about when and this little puppy hangs on long enough to come down on this side of the planet...I fully intend to hunt for scrap metal or something similar for the ultimate in keepsakes for my son. Please UARS...Missouri is the target to aim for. Southern, if it isn't too much trouble.

Oh...and if NASA knows something about propulsion systems...or other material that they've neglected to mention, NOW would be a dandy time. I am sure I'm among millions of people who are thinking the very same thing while watching those orbit tracks and crossing fingers. It would be really uncool to find out AFTERWARD that 'Oh yeah...there was a little reactor onboard' or 'uhh..we forgot to mention that insanely toxic fuel that wasn't fully drained and covers everything'...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm going to wear my my catcher's mask and mitt until this lands....thanks for the heads up.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There is a 1 in 3000 chance that debris will strike you. Every individual on the planet has the same chance. I am predicting that one unlucky soul will perish.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
There is a 1 in 3000 chance that debris will strike you. Every individual on the planet has the same chance.

Nope.
There is a 1 in 22,080,000,000,000 chance that debris will strike you. Every individual on the planet used to have the same chance but now the reentry timing has been revised to exclude people in North America from that list.
People in the other zone now have a higher probability.
The total sum of *anyone at all* being hit is 1 in 3000.

join