It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is pathetic how Obama thinks "Peace is Hard" for a Palestinian State.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am deeply ashamed that the leaders of this country are opposing the Palestinian bid for a new Palestinian state. President Obama, I thought I could trust you in at least helping a people who were stateless, but this is absurd and shameful.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AiGH70DMp_XwgsPH4dVfQ9is0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'NtYmlpaTFzBG1pdANKdW1i b3Ryb24gRlAEcGtnA2QyZjRhZGI2LTNmZWMtMzRkNy1iYzI5LTliZDNkYTUwNzE1ZARwb3MDMQRzZWMDanVtYm90cm9uBHZlcgM3NTQ3OGFmMC1lNDdlLTExZTAtYWJjMi02NWI0ZjAwYjg2Nzk-;_ ylg=X3o'___'FvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

Pathetic, just very pathetic. I understand America's position on Israel but we should be very neutral about it. The Palestinians deserve a state. I just find how Israeli and American history have one thing in common, come in, take land, wipe out a race of people, and act like it never happened. This is a very sad and somber day.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yes, I agree. Obama has no problem with helping out Libya and all the other countries in the Middle East. What he's doing is what makes those countries resent the USA. He's such a tool.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think that part of the issue might be that the Palestinians have not actually stated where their "state" would be. I suspect that their intention is to have their state in the place where all of Israel exists currently. Note that they have refused to remove from their charter the part about the elimination of Israel.

That being said, one might question whether they really want a state of their own, or are just using this as a way to make Israel look bad. Just think, if they got their state, wherever it may be designated, they would no longer have an issue about where Israel builds or "occupies". And they would no longer be able to complain about any such "right of return" to land they say some of their people were kicked out of in order to establish the nation of Israel. Once they get their own territory, that would be their territory and nowhere else. And all the Palestinians still living in all those refugee camps all these years (still!), would have a place to finally move to. Remember that the North American Cherokee nation ws given land to be their own, but not all in their original locations. Also, the new Palestinian government would have to divert funds to actually building a livable infrastructure and look after its citizens instead of buying bombs and rocket and such to shoot into Israel.

Maybe our givernment has the wisdom to see that perhaps the Palestinians might not really be so sincere in actually having a state of their own (which they could have already been running in Gaza by now), and are just posturing.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Can you explain to us , how you would define America's position on
Palestine.

It is shameful, i agree, but your op is a little vague.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

It is pretty clear to everyone but zionist shills that it is within the 1967 borders and if it was me who the Zionists steal their land from I would threaten to destroy them as well. Apart from that it is laughable to take that Hamas Charta serious. With the military the Zionists have, they don't have to fear the Palestinians at all. It is just a bad excuse not to agree to any kind of peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Imagine it like this, one day, that day being May 14th, 1948, you wake up and you see foreign people on your land in which the borders were decided on by the world's superpowers. I'd be upset wouldn't you? Sure, I see the other side as well as wanting a state for myself, but majority of it came through religious Zionism. Religion should never be an excuse to have claims to any land. It is irrational and very subjective.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

There is no position of America for Palestine in general, that is the problem. They do not want peace with the Palestinians in the region. This is the reason why I even posted this OP. That's the sad part.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

The only problem with this is that, who is America to make decisions for any country? Yes, we are advanced, yes we could blow the world up like 100 times over with the weaponry we have, but in the end, who gives us the right to tell other nations what to do and what not to do? We are witnessing political imperialism at its finest. Another example, for North Korea and Iran. I do not support their governments, but I can see why they stand against America. America has nuclear weapons, if they want it, they should have it. Either all nations should have nukes or none at all. We have no right to tell other people what to do, every sentient being has the right to freedom.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Neither the US or Israel are wiping out anyone. The US forced natives off of their land, but the population of native Americans has doubled since the 1800s.

Likewise with the Israelis, there are 1.6 million Palestinians in Gaza, over 10,000 people per square mile. It should be pointed out that the Palestinian Authority has far more autonomy and freedom than any native American reservation in the US. Their level of autonomy is comparable to the Vatican inside Italy.

The Palestinians will get a state or something at some point, but it will have to be a viable entity that can support itself and not depend on US handouts.

If you really want to gripe about stateless peoples, the Kurds and the Tibetans are almost totally ignored by the whole world, yet about 30 times more Kurds have been killed by the Turks as opposed to Palestinians vs. Israel. Meanwhile one million Tibetans have been killed since being occupied by China, but almost no one really cares.

One other thing, the Jews didn't pop out of thin air in 1948. There were enough of them there that Napoleon in his campaign against the Ottomans, promised them their own nation if he succeeded. That was in 1798.

edit on 21/9/11 by MikeboydUS because: else

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Statistics do not mean anything, it is the principle of taking over someone's land. Sure people can double up in population, but that brings it nowhere.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So principle is an excuse for false statements?

If something is wrong, people need to let it speak for itself. Adding phrases such as wiping people out, which implies genocide, is a propagandist distortion that violates the principle of logical rhetoric.

Whats been done to the Native Americans and the Palestinians is morally and ethically wrong, but it doesn't help anyone if people don't focus on the facts.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It is pathetic how Obama thinks "Peace is Hard" for a Palestinian State.

I don't want to sound to negative to your OP but... this view is entirely simplistic and probably more than a little politically biased.

I guess one thing we don't ask much is exactly how it is that this subject wormed its way into the core of mainstream US conversation to begin with. I mean, yeah... we engage subjects like revolutions and coups and such. But we rarely dive into one like it was a major election at home or something. And the reason is that there is a really big propaganda push right now from both sides of the sway.

What you think means a lot because it is widely understood that public opinion matters in the west. In another country, it might matter little but in the democratic nations that hold arm sales markets and purse strings for loans and more importantly, UN votes, steering your opinion is a major operation.

What you think and then say is the object of a lot of effort. Right and wrong have very little to say because we are talking about two peoples who have lived side-by-side in both war and peace for millennia. This blood being shed on both sides is the same blood that has been spilled for that same sum of time... so, there really are no good guys here.

Peace is hard for the entire region when peace is not the true objective. This is a battle for hearts and minds. If it lays open wounds of division along the way, that's just sauce for the goose.

edit on 21-9-2011 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
my take is looking to the wrong guy for making peace anywhere

pick your country anywhere whats he done?

pick this country itself he cant even make peace between the ds and rs.

the middle east will never seen peace it has never seen peace in over 2000 years why do people think anything will ever change.

they want it they have to make it happen a "nobel peace prize winner" isnt the solution

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

the middle east will never seen peace it has never seen peace in over 2000 years why do people think anything will ever change.

Yes, a change won't come over night, but at least we can still look forward to seeing progress in the near future. Both ends need to compromise one way or the other. The tension needs to be reduced on the sides, and they need to meet somewhere in the middle. Otherwise it will never work.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I hear ya, what they are trying to do is divide and conquer.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by neo96

I hear ya, what they are trying to do is divide and conquer.

theyve always been divided..........its judaism and Islam........

its not unique to Israel and Palestine......thats just the center of it

People act like all this stuff is recent, and forget this has been going on for thousands of years

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I am deeply ashamed that the leaders of this country are opposing the Palestinian bid for a new Palestinian state.

The United States, ever since Civil Rights Act of 1964, has held itself ideologically to equality of civil participation in the political and social arenas regardless of race, religion, creed, or gender. The very notion of U.S. support for a Jewish State against the human right of self government which is touted of by Obama in his UN speech is quite un American in my opinion.

Why is it mandatory for American politicians to always say 'Jewish' state' when speaking of Israel? That is the objection that Arabs have who live in Israel. "We will not become Jews" they say. Why should they. Is there any reason they should? I have no problem being called American, there is no ethnic or religious connotation attached. America is part of the name United States of America. No problem.

What if some one changed the name to 'United Christian States' then people would say call me Christian whether I was or not, it's part of the name.

I recommend that Israel drop Jewish from the name. I recommend Americans not ever say "Jewish state".

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

People act like all this stuff is recent, and forget this has been going on for thousands of years

This stuff is recent, about 1924 or so. This notion of thousands of years of Arab/Jewish fighting is propaganda, to make people disparage attempts at challenge to status quo.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

really its propaganda? So i guess the history books are wrong, and the history of abrahamic religions is all fluff huh?

as well as it might not have been thousands in THIS case, it has been going on since the crusades, which is fair longer then 1924.......

history is your friend
edit on 21-9-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

So i guess the history books are wrong, and the history of abrahamic religions is all fluff huh?

The history books aren't wrong. The people who speak of this thousands of years aren't following the actual history recorded in actual history books. They are spinning a popular myth based on a verse in Genesis.

as well as it might not have been thousands in THIS case, it has been going on since the crusades, which is fair longer then 1924.......

Crusades involved European attacks into the land for some "Christian purpose".

So let's see: Europeans invade to create a "Christian" kingdom of "god" on Earth, killing many Arabs in the process. Now, after Europeans killed many Jews in Europe during 1930s and 1940s, Europeans make it up to the Jews by allowing them to invade the land to make a 'Jewish' kingdom of 'god' on Earth, killing and driving away many Arabs.

How wonderfully fair the Europeans are! But now the primary burden of support has been handed over to the U.S.

edit on 21-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join