It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interactive Map Of The Internet's Submarine Cable Paths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Here is a site i found of the underwater internet cable paths ,that has a interactive Submarine Cable Map ,that i though some of you on ATS might find interesting ,the map shows 188 active and planned submarine cables along with their landing points.

Clicking a cable gives you more information, such as its name, its length, who owns it and where it meets land.

TeleGeography’s free interactive submarine cable map is based on our authoritative Global Bandwidth research, and depicts 188 active and planned submarine cable systems and their landing stations. Selecting a cable route on the map provides access to data about the cable, including the cable’s name, ready-for-service (RFS) date, length, owners, website, and landing points. Selecting a landing point provides a list of all submarine cables landing at that station.

Cables shown include international and US domestic submarine cables with a maximum upgradeable capacity of at least 5 Gbps. Cable routes are stylized to improve readability, and do not reflect the physical cable location. Similarly, cable landing stations do not show the precise coordinates of the building, and are meant to serve as a general guide to where a cable system lands.

More information can be found HERE

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's truly amazing what man can do when the efforts are directed toward constructive things. The number and distances across oceans are breathtaking. I'd had no idea the cabling around the world was so extensive or just where physical lines ran. Thanks for a new site to add to my toolbox and share with other places I'm at! That definitely gets added to my list of interesting sites. S/F!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So this is Ted Stevens meant when he said the internet was a series of tubes.

S&F by the way. I had no idea there were that many lines running across the Ocean.
edit on 21-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

join