It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance giant sues Saudi Arabia for ‘funding’ 9/11 attacks that cost firm $215m

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Insurance giant sues Saudi Arabia for ‘funding’ 9/11 attacks that cost firm $215m
www.dailymail.co.uk...

An insurance firm is suing Saudi Arabia in a U.S. court over claims that the country funded the terrorists responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

A division of Lloyds of London is demanding the return of $215million compensation it paid victims by alleging that the Saudi government is responsible because it used banks and charities to support Al Qaeda.

. . .

But the Lloyds 3500 syndicate’s 156-page legal document cites details revealed in U.S. diplomatic cables recently exposed by WikiLeaks, according The Independent newspaper.

The cables are said to show that American officials remained concerned that the Saudi authorities were not doing enough to stop money being passed to the terror group its citizens.

The legal claim suggests the defendants knowingly provided resources to Al Qaeda and acted ‘agents and alter egos’ for the Saudi state.

It states: ‘Absent the sponsorship of Al Qaeda's material sponsors and supporters, including the defendants named therein, Al Qaeda would not have possessed the capacity to conceive, plan and execute the 11 September attacks.

And here is the firm that is heading up the lawsuit:

Lloyds of London
www.lloyds.com...

So is the OS still true or what?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Without having checked the Wikileaks content, I can't help thinking that Lloyds is a reputable organisation proficient in calculating risk and having an excellent legal department. They must know enough to take this Saudi link very seriously. Worth following if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

how can they do this when everyone knows the us gov. funded them so much more
f this world
this is such propoganda

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Interesting news

I doubt they have a case though, since many people suspect the US tax payers funded the 9/11 attacks.

This kangaroo court should be fun to watch.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
You didn't think they'd actually get away with that lawsuit did you?

Lloyd’s Syndicate Withdraws 9/11 Lawsuit Against Saudi Arabia

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter

Now THAT's even more interesting than them filing it in the first place. Me thinks someone is sending someone else a message... I guarantee it was received it loud and clear.

Dismissing without prejudice means it can be refiled at any time by anybody.
edit on 21/9/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think they should sue George Bush and Clinton for thinking of the idea
along with the bankers.

edit on 21-9-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter

LoL well I think you just answered my question.

very suspicious . . .

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I cant believe this thread is not getting more attention.. This is major.
bikyamasr.com...

Brighton-based Lloyd’s 3500 syndicate from England is suing Saudi Arabia over the 9/11 attacks on the United States. The lawsuit claims the kingdom funded al-Qaeda and is thus, partially responsible for the deaths of over 3,000 people. The Lloyd’s 3500 syndicate is demanding the repayment of nearly $300 million it was forced to pay out to victims of the September 11, 2001 attacks.

The investigation they have done on this is air tight and very well documented , and ties the Bush administration into the 9-11 attacks big time. It also indicates pre knowledge of the events.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Dam. Who pulled the strings that made them withdraw this? What did loyds stand to gain? What were they offered? Or were the threatened ?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
reply to post by fenceSitter

Dam. Who pulled the strings that made them withdraw this? What did loyds stand to gain? What were they offered? Or were the threatened ?

simple.

The Saudis are a major player of TPTB. So is Lloyd's.

They have the money and the blessings of London and Washington DC.

The lawsuit had nothing to do with money.

The points made will take some heat off of Israel's current and future relations problems.
Iran and Israel may be the next target since the lawsuit has opened doors that remain open.
Strange also, the suit was filed and dismissed in the U.S.

The real point was all Middle East related.

Think about it.

new topics

top topics

join