It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Squirrels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I found this article in the Daily Mail:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

These little babies were blown out of their nest during a hurricane and were taken to a rescue centre. I couldn't resist sharing them.

I wanted to post yesterday, but there was no facility to upload pictures. Then today - bingo
Thanks SO / ATS.

edit on 21-9-2011 by berenike because: edit to ad link and picture

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yes baby squirrels are cute and I admire people who rescue them.

But it is nature's way of saying: if a tree animal has trouble sticking to a tree, its probably better off.....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am not sure about British squirrels, but they look like the red squirrels that we have in the Eastern US.

They are small and the meat tends to be tougher than other species. Maybe since they are baby ones, they might not be so tough to chew.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hey, man, this is something that has always puzzled me:

WHERE IS ALL TEH BABY SQUIRRELS?!

I've yet to see even one, and I am an avid squirrel feeder/watcher. Are they kept in a secret squirrelly base until they are fully grown? Do they pupate? Are they egg-hatched?

Are they invisible until they attain maturity?!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

UK had only red squirrels till some bright spark, some how managed to release a bunch of bigger grey ones.

Its a very rare treat to see a red squirrel one now, the greys took over basicly everywhere.

That first pic is brilliant, tiny baby reds, im not a fluffy sort of person but thats near the cutest damned thing i ever did saw

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Gadzooks those animals are cute....nice change of pace...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Those are so CUTE! Makes my eyes tear up!

The wind blew some out of the trees here in VA, and the humane society took them in. They were smaller than these, like new borns. SO ADORABLE!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Greatness I love squirrels, they are just plain nutty HA HA! What you want another one so be it, so how does a squirrel keep warm? Anyone...... By roasting chestnuts on an open fire of course. You want one more so be it, So why do squirrels always keep filling their jaws when their cheeks are filled? Cause there is always room for a little nuts. Lastly Flying squirrel annoyed by nutiness of Fox squirrel on the next Murray Povich.Thank you those are dedicated to those baby squirrels enjoy.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
How awesome are they!!
We need to get them on a plane and sent to the UK to up the numbers!
Bring back the red squirel.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

You know a lot about squirrels, obviously. But do you know why they swim on their backs?

To keep their nuts dry.

Oh, I forgot to mention in my first post that there are a couple more pictures in the article. Plus, I just found this video of the squirrels:

www.bbc.co.uk...

So sweet

edit on 21-9-2011 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

They're here already. They were found in Northumberland

and aren't they sooo cute?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

Secret squirrelly base!!!!!! I just LOL'd all over myself.

new topics

top topics

join