It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New, Fully Integrated, ATS Member Upload utility (UPDATED: and more info)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Finally!
I am so glad you got round to it, now ATS is complete again!
Great, i had problems in the past like not getting the 'upload' button on my page, and then instantly losing said file in the maelstrom of ATS Media, and, once the file has served it's purpose in a given thread, not being able to delete it at my discretion.This would also free up tons of server space, as i reported back then.
Thanking you in advance,since i will have to test it first
sceptic that i am

Thankyou thankyou

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I can finally delete all of those duplicate images I had on there (caused by having a hard time making the "right size" image).

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Are you using the "TOOLS" menu, "ATS uploads" submenu?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines
This would also free up tons of server space, as i reported back then.

There's no need to be concerned about that. We've planned to accommodate whatever is needed.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks, and it works fine, just tested it.
Brilliant

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Great news, thanks for the improvement. Due to my limited skills and patience, the multiple
obstacles in the "old version" of upload, really interfered with my use of the option.
If I was running a Mac it would be easier. But to just resize photos and properly reduce the file size
on PC was just an annoyance. Next time I have something good, I will try it out.

Seasons Greetings!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I wasnt using the Upload feature. I was going to my pics and trying from there, but apparently I cant use the pics I have already uploaded?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The "old pictures" still work, we can use them in posts, but we cannot upload more images to that system.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Im not able to use them at all...Thats okay though, Ill just upload them again..Thanks

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Words themselves cannot explain how happy I am at this moment in time, so I had to add a few pictures.....

I immediately deleted some of my duplicate pictures, something that had been annoying my OCD and I for awhile now.

Then I moved a few pictures to another folder, and checked the thread they were in, and compared file names.
I'm very impressed.

SO, and everyone at ATS who helped with the updates:

You should take this one to heart.....

Thank you so much for the update! I had cut back on uploading pictures, merely for the fact that I had to scroll down through a wall of pictures, and those duplicates haunted me to no end. Not anymore. I have a bit of sorting to do, but will do it happily, and once again, kudos for the AWESOME job!

I only have one question:

The uploader says v0.5 beta. Shouldn't it read v1.0 beta now?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I think I figured out how to justify right or left an image from the new upload utility.

Instead of using the code from Use in a post:, you use the code for External full URL link: like you were going to post the pic on a site outside ATS.

Then you justify right or left the exact same way we did under the old system: Inside brackets put imgr to justify right or imgl to justify left before the image code and /img inside brackets at the end of the image code.

Now we can wrap the text around our images again using the new system.

The same thing works for resizing an image same as the old system: Inside brackets put ats=200x300 or whatever size you want to make it before the image code and put /ats at the end of the image code.

edit on 12/19/11 by FortAnthem because: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/402125207125.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Whew, I just got done sorting everything, and deleting all my duplicate files. Everything works great.

Very interesting FA, have you figured out how to center images yet? BTW, you have nice taste in posteriors!

edit on 12/19/11 by Druid42 because: tried centering....it works!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

have you figured out how to center images yet?

Tothetenthpower once posted a method on how to do it. Just copy the link underneath where it says "External full URL link" and post these around it: [atsimg] (Link goes here) [/atsimg]

It centers the pic.

edit on 19-12-2011 by Rising Against because: Could have worded this post better lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/yj4ec46356.jpg[/atsimg]

Hey, it works.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thanks, RA!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/on4eefa120.gif[/atsimg]

It gets trickier trying to resize and center at the same time, though.

edit on 12/19/11 by Druid42 because: added thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You have to go into TOOLS then click ATS Uploads,

Easy step by step to posting your pics.

Once you have your pic on your computer, right click it and see what size it is, its best if its 500 pixles wide. You can see what size pics are on a post too by doing the same, right click and look at the properties.
Just change the size in your paint.

Once you have the pic at that size. Go to ATS and click the Tools button at the top

Click ATS uploads let the page load and you will see a select image file button on the left. Click it and choose your pic from your computer.

Once the button is viewable again, refresh the page, sometimes it takes you to refresh it before it shows that your pic is on there.

Then click the pic you uploaded and you’ll have a few choices. Use in post, create thumbnail or external url link.
highlight and copy the use in post code and paste that in your post the way it is.

love and harmony
Whateva

edit on 19/12/11 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Very nice Bill..thank you!

Now..what happened to your hair and your nose??

If you got beat up..you just let me know...

I'm here for you Bro!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ahhh excellent, thank you

Time to go and clear a few pictures I think

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Great.

Thanks to the ATS team for the extra work put in to make our online time here a little easier.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Very nice thanks!

Just wonder why pictures beyond the 500 pixels size, don't get automatically resized, and clickable to view the entire picture?

Anyway, great work.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join