It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children as young as EIGHT filmed taking part in cage fighting... and it's LEGAL

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Children as young as EIGHT filmed taking part in cage fighting... and it's LEGAL

www.dailymail.co.uk

The brutality of cage fighting has come under fire - as it was revealed children as young as eight are participating in the vicious sport. Disturbing footage that has emerged of a fight- night, youngsters who are not wearing head gear or padding are seen wrestling and slamming each other onto the canvas At one point one of the fighters appears to be crying, and qualified medical staff are rushed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hmmmmm

Dont know how I feel about this as I used to do martial arts and boxing at that age.
What I find disturbing is the cage itself, the jeering crowd and the looks on these kids faces as they are forced to fight for the entertainment of chav morons, without safety gear.

Guess I DO know how I feel about it then.. This is sick

www.dailymail.co.uk
edit on 21-9-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Human Race Fail.

Almost as disgusting as watching 8-year olds parade around in tiaras and makeup in those pre-teen "beauty pageants".

I'm sure these kids will grow up to be perfectly normal, well-adjusted adults.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If you read the article it states no striking is allowed til 14 or 15...so they're grappling or doing jiu jitsu...not quite as violent as you suggested.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Hmmmmm

Dont know how I feel about this as I used to do martial arts and boxing at that age.
What I find disturbing is the cage itself, the jeering crowd and the looks on these kids faces as they are forced to fight for the entertainment of chav morons, without safety gear.

www.dailymail.co.uk

That's the first thing I thought of as I saw the title of this thread and read a bit, before I saw the pics. In my martial art (Kashima Shinden ) we participated in semi and full contact matches, sometimes with protection depending on the actual match, however the venue that this is taking place is disgusting with the women and cage setup. I already have a low opinion of "MMA" to begin with and this only reinforces that opinion.

ETA: If there are no strikes allowed and its just grappling it isn't as bad as I had thought, but still the strippers and cheering crowd is going a bit far.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Itachimaru because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
this is f****d up!

wrong

very sad to watch, they should be playing in the woods not fighting - sick parents - sick world!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
If you read the article it states no striking is allowed til 14 or 15...so they're grappling or doing jiu jitsu...not quite as violent as you suggested.

I know that. That is not what disturbs me, its the pushy chav parents using their kids in pissing contests that does!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

It isn't the nature of the fighting, it's the spectacle of being paraded out in front of cheering and jeering adults, egging them on. This isn't anything at all like taking your kid to a karate class.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Heres the video ,of the fight in question.

When i was 12 up untill i was 15 ,my father forced me to box ,and train non stop ,and took me all over the country boxing ,i hated it ,and refused to do it anymore when i reached 15 ,and me and my father never spoke for years ,because of it.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Reminds me of my childhood. Me and my friends use to wrestle around like this all the time, I see nothing wrong with it, except for the fact they are profiting off these kids.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Human Race Fail.

Almost as disgusting as watching 8-year olds parade around in tiaras and makeup in those pre-teen "beauty pageants".

Human race fail, yes. Disgusting, yes.

...Anyone else noticed how the 'lower classes' are being pushed back in time - to when all you could do was be a fighter or a whore, entertaining the 'upper classes' and occasionally, the masses?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Sorry to hear that mate..

I think that some parents never leave the playground

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Now this issue is controversial... but I will shed my opinion. I believe that in the right circumstances stuff like this is ok. When a child really wants to do something and is good at it then you have to weigh up the parental factors and just as importantly you have to consider free will and desire. If you take away a child's hopes and dreams it can really hinder them in later life, sometimes you have to let them make their own mistakes.

Furthermore there also lies another problem.. Sadly in our modern-day societies sometimes, well quite often, barbaric things can be pushed on kids through mediums like the media and sometimes even parents themselves. I mean you get parents dolling up their toddlers for beauty pageants dressed as hookers for gods sake.

I guess it depends mainly on whether or not the kids have been persuaded by bad influence..

So yeah.. bit of a grey area..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Human Race Fail.

Human race fail, yes. Disgusting, yes.

...Anyone else noticed how the 'lower classes' are being pushed back in time - to when all you could do was be a fighter or a whore, entertaining the 'upper classes' and occasionally, the masses?

I agree, its a bit like living in the decline stage of the roman empire

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
okay it looks like a BJJ match to me.
No strikes are allowed, it's pure grappling, and many many many kids do it.

As far as " profiting" from it, Where's the profit? these guys arent betting on the fights.

It's no different than sending your kid to a Karate tournament..except in a Karate tourney he'll get punched and kicked.

funny how a thousand soccer moms have no problem piutting lil johnny and lil jane in Karate classes and torunaments.. yet this is offensive?

people are scared of things they dont understand.
educate yerself.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
also.. the childcrying is upset because he is losing.. he's undefeated.

This is a false bias article designed to twist facts in order to get a rise out of you.
It's working.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Well i know whats going throw those kids heads ,having to fight for a crowd ,fear and pressure ,you only want to make your parents happy ,and make them proud of you ,its not untill you get older you realize you don't have to do it ,you have a choice ,and i chose not to do it anymore.

Now it was terrifying for me at 12 ,but these kids are only 8 and you could see the fear in there eyes getting in that cage ,its very wrong ,but i did notice it was not full contact ,only wrestling ,but still at 8 years old fighting for a crowd is just wrong ?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

I have nothing against young lads learning to take care of themselves and getting some discapline, but this is just a slippery slope mate.. What next for our "entertainment"?

I used to compete as a kid too, but it was not like this. This is open to soo much abuse its unreal

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What's the difference from little kids putting on boxing gloves, like Golden gloves kids Boxing.

This was nothing on vid, not even allow to punch each other, which is right at that age.

This is nothing different than what my grandkids do at family get togethers.

What a buch of wooses.

If they start doing caged death matches then worry.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Hmmmmm

www.dailymail.co.uk

This is how I was raised and I can tell you I'm a much more dynamic person because of it. The culture of mixed martial art competitive fighting is much more disciplined and wholesome than that of high school football or wrestling.

I'd much rather see my kids fight in a ring and gain respect for their opponents than to play football and learn only how to drink and act promiscuously only to have their knees completely unusable by the time they are 40.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join