It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Economic Meltdown is near - Wall Street insiders have "vanished" and stopped "buying"

page: 4
39
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze



I advise people to start transferring atleast some of their money into PHYSICAL ASSETS like gold, silver, food and ammo ASAP (if you haven't already) before you wake up one morning and find your 401K wiped out.


Done. Two months ago, I sold my business, took home all the stock, liquidated all equipment. We bought ammo, filled our basements with food and water, and I arranged to bring my horse home instead of having her boarded elsewhere. We've even got gasoline and diesel, wood....no more money in the bank (or just a little).

Maybe it's overkill and won't be necessary. But at least it allows me to watch all this without feeling a panic attack coming on, and that's a good thing.


How long can you go with your supplies? You need to live in a community that helps each other.
If the apocalyptic war erupts as some think, it will last longer than people think bringing destruction in cycles.
Key is agriculture, the ability to produce food.
I think Mormons have the best chance of survival.


I don't know. We have two natural springs on our property, one that has a system that runs continually into a large stone basin in the cellar, and is drinkable. We are a small hamlet with two other families, they have chickens, pigs, and we all have vegetable gardens, fruit trees, and wild herbs. We have many acres of land, and an ancient horse drawn plow (and a horse). We are sort of used to leaning on each other, as we all get stuck here in the winter with snow storms, where we also loose electricity. We even have a communal stone bread oven! The neighbors have a tractor, and even a big crane for construction.

One of the things that attracted us to this place is that it used to be a look out to watch the entire valley when the Protestants were hiding out here, so we are on the top of a mountain and can see anyone coming into the area for miles. It's even called "La Garde." It's got stone walls three feet thick, and stables on the first floor.

It's a pretty good set up.




posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76
 


Amusing indeed.
It's quit obvious, and has been for a very long time, that our society that is based on greed and suffering will not last forever.
Anyone who hasn't seen it coming, and still refuses to even look, are the ones who will perish quickly.

*shrugs* There's only so much you can do for other people...



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by vedatruth

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze



I advise people to start transferring atleast some of their money into PHYSICAL ASSETS like gold, silver, food and ammo ASAP (if you haven't already) before you wake up one morning and find your 401K wiped out.


Done. Two months ago, I sold my business, took home all the stock, liquidated all equipment. We bought ammo, filled our basements with food and water, and I arranged to bring my horse home instead of having her boarded elsewhere. We've even got gasoline and diesel, wood....no more money in the bank (or just a little).

Maybe it's overkill and won't be necessary. But at least it allows me to watch all this without feeling a panic attack coming on, and that's a good thing.


How long can you go with your supplies? You need to live in a community that helps each other.
If the apocalyptic war erupts as some think, it will last longer than people think bringing destruction in cycles.
Key is agriculture, the ability to produce food.
I think Mormons have the best chance of survival.


I don't know. We have two natural springs on our property, one that has a system that runs continually into a large stone basin in the cellar, and is drinkable. We are a small hamlet with two other families, they have chickens, pigs, and we all have vegetable gardens, fruit trees, and wild herbs. We have many acres of land, and an ancient horse drawn plow (and a horse). We are sort of used to leaning on each other, as we all get stuck here in the winter with snow storms, where we also loose electricity. We even have a communal stone bread oven! The neighbors have a tractor, and even a big crane for construction.

One of the things that attracted us to this place is that it used to be a look out to watch the entire valley when the Protestants were hiding out here, so we are on the top of a mountain and can see anyone coming into the area for miles. It's even called "La Garde." It's got stone walls three feet thick, and stables on the first floor.

It's a pretty good set up.


Sounds like a real sweet set up you have there! What country are you in out of curiosity? You are ahead of about 98% of everyone else...



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma
 


I wish you a pleasant survival. Sounds like your family has a shot of making it.



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I know Jiu-Jitsu and that is plenty for survival. Really, if all goes to hell the worse that can happen is an end of the USSR redux. States seceding and mass poverty but no zombies forcing you to barricade yourself with a chainsaw while eating your dog. Don't blow things out of proportion, guys, this has happened before. Instead of saving your own skins like the greedy bastards that manufactured this economic disaster, we should be wheeling out the guillotine in my opinion.



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze
 


Good find!

I don't know what to think.

The rumors are flying.

I would really like something to break soon that would actually be revelatory. I am so sick of having to guess what's going on!

But my guess is that things will stay puzzling for some time to come. Those who don't have a clue: They will really be confused! That part actually worries me more than what might happen next to the economy.



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Fosters Group was sold for 12billion dollars by a uk firm.
i guess the old safe bet now is that people will still want to
get drunk...really drunk.

the last of the iconic australian brands have been sold. the mongruls



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
just google paul b farrell.the man is almost never wrong.he leaves his comments up so they can be reviewed after the fact.he says hold.your money will double by 2020.but only because the value of the dollar is crashing.the man knows.



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The price of Gold and Silver is dropping pretty fast, which doesn't really correlate to market instability.

*shrug*



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
In reply i submit the following.....


danielamerman.com...


Potential Euro Collapse & Rapid Redistribution Of Personal Wealth
By Daniel R. Amerman, CFA

Overview


At the same time there will be enormous windfall profits for some governments and for many millions of individual citizens. For many, whether they gain - or are destroyed - will be more or less happenstance. However, if we see the waves coming and are prepared, there are personal steps we can take to change whether we are likely to be one of the victims or one of the beneficiaries.

We'll get back to how that wealth redistribution could occur, and who would benefit and who would lose - but first and foremost, keep in mind that while there is a strong chance of currency disaster - it is not preordained...



the article details one way things may turn out... i say that the derivitives will be the funeral dirge for the global stocks markets.. and that is where the smart/clever investor/traders are betting their monies,

which helps to foster my personal fear that the Govt will take over our IRA's & 401k's as some have forecasted since last year



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Global shares have fallen sharply after the Federal Reserve gave a stark warning about the state of the US economy and announced limited measures designed to boost growth.


The Fed warned of "significant downside risks" as it announced a bond swap programme designed to keep long-term interest rates low. Major European markets all dropped in morning trading, with the FTSE down 4.7%, and the Cac-40 down 5%. On Wednesday, the Dow Jones fell 2.5%.


hmmmm



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kreese
The price of Gold and Silver is dropping pretty fast, which doesn't really correlate to market instability.

*shrug*


Actually if all assets are falling against USD, it points to something very bad.



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It's happening today it seems.
Whatever economic collapse they've been planning, it's now officially in action.

We have every facet bringing bad news out, actively trying to cause a global collapse of the markets all across the world.
Just look at what we've had already from various sources; S&P, Greece, Italy, IMF... they're all making statements or implementing things to create this, and none of them are the usual positive statements that no one really believes but the ever optimistic markets.

These are the same people who keep bad news for close of business on a Friday to prevent a fall, and yet they're all doing this in a coordinated way in the middle of a Thursday.

I have just heard a quote on the BBC that this "will be a day traders will remember for a very long time" (quoting another source)

This is planned, this is now in action, and I would recommend that people make sure they have enough money to last a few days just in case the entire system comes down, including the banks.



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual
 


You may be spot on.....mate

Feeling it as well....



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by minkykeka
 



exactly your doing the same your more than not pretending however, unless any of you are professional traders that is, your basing your assumptions on what rumours not hard cold facts, and how can you even say well thats not the case its fiat, sorry thats like saying i am dealing in stones, some are precious and some are just made out of concrete, go do your research and you will see that at the end of the day and lets just through this word around shall we FIAT, has actually nothing too do with it, and for why i here one ask, because to trade you must have an account, and that account has to be backed with what ..um well fiat money i guess, well um wrong do do your homework and get it right hey !!

And we are supposed to take you and your vast knowledge seriously when you are unable to create a coherent sentence? You have no idea what you're talking about. And if you do, you are communicating it VERY poorly.

If you have some real experience and "professional trader" insight, by all means, share. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're out of your league. Do you even know what "fiat currency" is?



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye
 


We're in the south of France. We started having intuitions years ago, and without getting obsessive about went about finding a place that made us feel a bit safer..... just in case. I really feel concern for people who live in the city though, if the SHTF, as they say.....



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma
 


Forget about it, here in Europe it's too densely populated at our latitudes. you'd have to try to make it to finland or something. those city folk in their condos will have no idea how to fend for theirselves and will come for yours. Someone had mentioned that the worst that could happen is like the Soviet Union breakup, where people just learned to live with less and be self-supporting. that could not happen, at least here in northern Italy, maybe the older generation but there are way too many young people and immigrants that would pillage for food because they're not used to surviving off the land. you might make it by grouping with other families up in the mountains and creating a defensable community.



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thenewshmoo2
reply to post by Bluesma
 


Forget about it, here in Europe it's too densely populated at our latitudes. you'd have to try to make it to finland or something. those city folk in their condos will have no idea how to fend for theirselves and will come for yours. Someone had mentioned that the worst that could happen is like the Soviet Union breakup, where people just learned to live with less and be self-supporting. that could not happen, at least here in northern Italy, maybe the older generation but there are way too many young people and immigrants that would pillage for food because they're not used to surviving off the land. you might make it by grouping with other families up in the mountains and creating a defensable community.


I live in a rural area, with people that have never left their region, are pretty self sustaining, and frankly do not have any idea what is going on in the world because it doesn't effect them much! (they're also married with their cousins, so that poses some questions about what would be left if a major wipe out of humanity happened.....)

But yeah, hence the focus we have had on ammo......



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by doubledutch
hmmm, this is slightly worrying - is there any other reason this could be happening?

me thinks it may be time to really stock up and get that crossbow ive been thinking about buying (uk here so no guns!).


a little off topic but i just picked up a crossbow to add to by collection of guns and self defence and i zeroed it in. Its dead nuts at 50 yards.

pick one up, you will not be more happy once you know how to use it correctly

im a bow man myself, deadly accurate aswell
people should never forget the simplest ideas in a shtf scenario
making bows and arrows is easy as

Pie?lol
Doesn't surprise me, false Gods always fall.
Empires will fall, but be aware, those rich cronies will be the first to die, they may have bunkers but they gotta come out sometime.



posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual
 


You got that right dude!

This day is the start of the end
9-22-11




top topics



 
39
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join