Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Economic Meltdown is near - Wall Street insiders have "vanished" and stopped "buying"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Let's remove the Cable from the hypothetical world of digital algorithms (we can line it up next to the Sterling, the Euro, the Yen, etc). Now, back in the real world, how much is the Cable (and the other currencies) worth today? I'm not asking what Forex is showing buy/sell price at against the other currencies, but how much is it worth?

Now, gold we've already covered. If you had the express desire to buy an ounce of gold you'd need twice the amount of Cable as in 2008. For basic comestibles, we should be looking at a smooth inflationary price rise - but what's this? An average 9% hike? Luckily THIS CHART only goes to August 4th of this year. If we looked at it again in November/December we might see a much more horrific picture. Britain, Japan, the EU and the US continue to pump cash into the system to keep it afloat, flooding the market and devaluing the value of the currency WHEN COMPARED TO CONCRETE GOODS but simultaneously making it appear as though there is hardly any fluctuation in value electronically. Britain announced this week it is planning to pump 5 billion pounds (about 697 quadrillion Cables at present), thus utterly devaluing the physical cash that ordinary folk use to buy their subsistence living. Hyperinflation looms.... Japan wouldn't even have an economy if the government hadn't propped the Yen up at regular intervals since the earthquake (and for the last 10 years...).
Forex is fun but sometimes it's better to just go to the store and check how much your eggs cost this week to have a better idea about just how strong your local fiat really is....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkykeka
OH AND BTW - in this present moment the euro is still averaging slightly higher than it was on february 14th of this year, thats 7 months ago, plus a few days, so por favor can you tell me what all this falling currency is about because i am trying so hard to see it and well u know what i just can seem to find it.. remember the euro is still averaging slightly higher than it was 7 months ago,, so tell me how its is a falling currency, hhmm .. again homework time for some of you by the sounds of it.
or maybe your were perhaps talking about one of those FIAT type of currencys you know the ones which are falling.. NOT.

you make me lol
your silly currencys and its points are based off each other. but if you base the silly currencys off of gas, food, gold, silver, cattle, grain, honey,..... just about anything, you will see that all currencys are falling. I dont give a fly pigs rear end that you trade currencys and i dont need to be a top jock trader to know that the markets will soon collapse. you cant serves debt with more debt.

how is it in 1964 i could by a gal of gas with two silver dime and now in 2011 i can still buy a gal of gas with those same two silver dimes?

INFLATION! Inflation has been robbing the poor blindly for decades

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
How can you consciously make a living off buying and selling currencies? what benefit are you contributing to society? All you are doing is inflating your artificial ego through greed. End of rant

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

You missed this part of the article (or didn't read it at all).

"Meanwhile the ratio of insider sales to purchases has skyrocketed. Today insiders are dumping $7 in stock for each $1 that (other) insiders are buying."

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

INFLATION! Inflation has been robbing the poor blindly for decades

It affects the rich not the poor. Rich people don't borrow money poorer people do. So if you borrow 100k to buy a house and inflation is at 6% then after 11 years the value of your debt (adjusting for inflation) will be 50K. However your repayments will be the same and yet your wages will have gone up (if the economy is stable). Your assets (the house) will have doubled in value.

Who loses out ? The organisation you owe money to since the value of their assets (your debt) has halved.

Banks hate inflation, rich people hate inflation. Poor people should welcome medium level inflation.

Note that very low inflation is usually linked to poor economic performance (good for banks and finance institutions). High double digit inflation is bad for everybody.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
edit on 21-9-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
reply to post by hp1229

You missed this part of the article (or didn't read it at all).

"Meanwhile the ratio of insider sales to purchases has skyrocketed. Today insiders are dumping $7 in stock for each $1 that (other) insiders are buying."

yep, ... when the insiders start dumping their shares ...it very well may be heads up.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I cant see how this matters

Wall st and other markets are just swap and trade bazaars that play havoc with the balance sheets of those companies who listed their shares

years ago, in the 80's I was getting 20 cents dividend for each dollar I had in shares. You bought shares in a company to share in their profits

today, companies and banks with shares that are selling at $50 and more, pay dividends of like 3 cents per share to the actual shareholder - sweet nothing

so, the finance gurus invest not to support a good company and take a share of the pie, but to buy low and sell high, making their money ONLY by the trading of the shares, not the performance of the company

in other words, shares have no value until they are sold and value is only realised whne the sale price is higher than the purchase price

this sux to say the least

people need to stop looking at finance markets as the basis for economic boom or bust - its the banksters that tip the scales - remember the great depression was caused by those who lent money to folks to buy shares, calling in their debts which meant EVERYONE had to sell at the same time

as an indicator today's Aussie news reports on the action of the FED

The Federal Reserve moved to counter what it said were ‘‘significant downside risks’’ to the US economy with an effort to lower long-term borrowing costs and bolster housing.

In a plan dubbed "Operation Twist," the Fed said it would switch bonds in its huge portfolio with a maturity of less than three years to bonds with a maturity of six to 30 years.

The Fed's action met with a mixed reception in financial markets. Apparently spooked by the central bank's dismal outlook, US stocks sold off.

and

In other news from the US, Moody's chopped its credit ratings for three of the top US banks -- Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Citigroup -- saying it saw the US government less willing than before to rescue them if they become unstable

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

why SHOULD the gov't rescue the banksters? to prop up bad management? bah humbug
edit on 21-9-2011 by Highlander64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I went to yahoo finance and looked up a chart. I am no expert at technical analysis but I see a downturn about to happen.

Here is what I see.

(^DJI) Two year chart - Range bound trading between 11613K and 11K. Note the lows are a rising set of data points in the range bound area. They are beginning to consolidate. There is also a Death Cross of the 50/200 MA around August 03. The Volume sharply dropped off well below the 200 day Moving Average.

Range bound trading will sooner or later result in a market move either up or down.
Consolidation will most often result in a breakout move either up or down,.

(^DJI) Five year chart shows support to be generally fixed at around the 11k mark or so for the current period. Support #2 looks to be around 10K and support #3 ranging around 8K.

Note there is also a second Death Cross showing on the five year chart around the December 31, 2007.

With the data points on the one year chart and the double Death Cross on the 5 year chart I would say look for a down turn between here and October perhaps sooner. First support at 10k if it carries momentum and breaks the 10k mark then a bounce off of the 8k mark could be possible. Lord help us all if it busts through the 8K support mark.

I tried to graph out some charts for a visual but I am using linux (love it) but gimp totally bites for image editing.

NOTE: I am not a professional trader, I am not even in the market. I used to do technical analysis for hobby investing. Please hope I am wrong and the market breaks in a bullish move.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

I advise people to start transferring atleast some of their money into PHYSICAL ASSETS like gold, silver, food and ammo ASAP (if you haven't already) before you wake up one morning and find your 401K wiped out.

Done. Two months ago, I sold my business, took home all the stock, liquidated all equipment. We bought ammo, filled our basements with food and water, and I arranged to bring my horse home instead of having her boarded elsewhere. We've even got gasoline and diesel, wood....no more money in the bank (or just a little).

Maybe it's overkill and won't be necessary. But at least it allows me to watch all this without feeling a panic attack coming on, and that's a good thing.

How long can you go with your supplies? You need to live in a community that helps each other.
If the apocalyptic war erupts as some think, it will last longer than people think bringing destruction in cycles.
Key is agriculture, the ability to produce food.
I think Mormons have the best chance of survival.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The stock market is just a mechamism of stripping money from less-knowledgable gullible people.

There is no economic use of the stock market.

Wealth is created by scientists, engineers, doctors, farmers, workers etc. People who really transform raw materials given by God into useful products.

This whole idea of making money from money is heresy.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

With Winter just around the corner agriculture or growing a garden will out of the question depending on where you live. Best to have enough supplies to make it through until the next growing season. Heck even if it is rice, beans and lentils...at least it is something to put in the belly. I have been fattening up the raccoons that come to visit here in the yard. They love love cat/dog food.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's a good time to go on a diet! Now I'll be forced to eat smaller portions and live on veggies from a backyard garden. You have to find some good in the bad.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I sold everything I had in the market today. I wanted to cut my losses. I believe it will go down a lot more over the coming months. I believe the SP500 will drop down from around 1160ish now down to 1054 or 950 or somewhere in between now and March of next year. It could chop around until later in 2012, I expect Obama may give more speeches so you know the market will go down and if he talks too much, the market may not have time to recover in between speeches. Then Bernanke will offer to help by worrying that our money is worth too much and propose making our money worth even less than it is now. I thought I read Obama had a plan to make gasoline cost $8 a gallon. I think his plan is working. I believe all those conspiracy theories that those worrying about the environment wanted to kill everyone off may be true.

I forgot to add I noticed my company stock sold off one evening by over 7 percent in after hours after our president lowered guidance for earnings. In the statement was something about the company increasing stock buybacks. The next day the stock price shot back up almost to where it was before the announcement. People play games to manipulate prices I believe. If they really wanted to buy the stock back at a cheaper price, all they had to do was wait for the economy to go to pieces and everything to start selling off. It doesn't look long now.
edit on 21/9/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The Amish People will just think its another day in paradise.
Until the zombies arrive and they have to get out their blunderbuses.
Damn you heathen Zombies!!........KaaaBooooM.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I sold everything I had in the market today. I wanted to cut my losses. I believe it will go down a lot more over the coming months. I believe the SP500 will drop down from around 1160ish now down to 1054 or 950 or somewhere in between now and March of next year. It could chop around until later in 2012, I expect Obama may give more speeches so you know the market will go down and if he talks too much, the market may not have time to recover in between speeches. Then Bernanke will offer to help by worrying that our money is worth too much and propose making our money worth even less than it is now. I thought I read Obama had a plan to make gasoline cost $8 a gallon. I think his plan is working. I believe all those conspiracy theories that those worrying about the environment wanted to kill everyone off may be true.

I forgot to add I noticed my company stock sold off one evening by over 7 percent in after hours after our president lowered guidance for earnings. In the statement was something about the company increasing stock buybacks. The next day the stock price shot back up almost to where it was before the announcement. People play games to manipulate prices I believe. If they really wanted to buy the stock back at a cheaper price, all they had to do was wait for the economy to go to pieces and everything to start selling off. It doesn't look long now.
edit on 21/9/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

The elite already own almost everything of value. They do not need to crash the market.

Market will crash due to geopolitics. Look at the middle east tensions. They are no more able to control Muslim world due to explosion in population.

The manipulation of stock prices is done by traders. Traders are not real elite, they are just paid fools.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I just cannot put this into words properly without looking you in the eye on the other side of the table, but I will say this..

This market this idealism we put our faith and hopes in and are taught to believe in is a falsie an illusion, no matter how you look at it, go drive out to your local mall and look around, all these corps who are suppose to be so strong in the market banks, market chains etc, etc, are effected by consumers not investors, the real truth is outside your front door, the guy walking down the street digging in your garbage or the quiet main streets.. Meh, the market used to be a barometer perhaps of economic stability but I say this and I say it again, it has been compromised..

unless something drastic occurs the falsie will come to fruition...

Until then puppets on strings...

I am amused by it every day..

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I was listening to NPR today and they mentioned a bad changes in the economy in the near future.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
I was listening to NPR today and they mentioned a bad changes in the economy in the near future.

Oh nooos

Bad things?

What kind of bad things?

As long as the TV keeps pumping out mindless drivel to keep the American population entertained nothing bad will ever happen

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

So when people come to your house and try to get some of your water/food supply you will shoot because they should have prepared themselves...?

It may sound like a good plan in theory but I wonder how this scenario plays out in real life. Yes you will be prepared with water, food and other supplies and yes you have the weaponry to defend what is yours.

I do wonder how you will feel about your survival if it required killing of a fellow human who was trying to survive. Not to mention that sooner or later that person might be a child.

:-)
edit on 22-9-2011 by BlueSkies because: Spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join