Economic Meltdown is near - Wall Street insiders have "vanished" and stopped "buying"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
hmmm, this is slightly worrying - is there any other reason this could be happening?

me thinks it may be time to really stock up and get that crossbow ive been thinking about buying (uk here so no guns!).

Yeah i'm a UK' er too and have bought a recurve bow and a sling shot.

To be honest your better off with bow because you can make your own ammo. Once your out of bullets your screwed.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by camaro68ss

it's funny ive been half preparing for 6 months or so, I just cant quite seem to commit 100% and I can see it all kicking off me thinking "why the hell didn't I do this properly!!".

The more I see recently, the more resolved I become. I think it really is time to get properly organised, not just have a few extra tins of food and a tarp ready... as I stand atthe moment, me and the family would last about a week, that's a scary thought!

175lb crossbow sound ok to you?

As long as you can pull the 175lb draw back yourself with out the pullys. I have a 150lbs and am able to pull it back myself as long as i have gloves on. If your in a time crunch and/or a shotout, your not going to have time to set up the pully system to help you pull the draw string back. Your going to need to make sure you can do it all by yourself. Its much faster!

Im mostly set up for the SHTF. the one last think i want to buy is a bullet proof vest but that cost $1,400 for the one i want. Im waiting for the right "economic triger" to go off that will que me to go ahead and get one for Imminent collapse

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

yes! i love recurves
and your right ive been making arrows for ages because they can get expensive

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
edit on 21-9-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

americans keep gun oil in liquid soap dispensers

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

it's funny ive been half preparing for 6 months or so, I just cant quite seem to commit 100% and I can see it all kicking off me thinking "why the hell didn't I do this properly!!".

The more I see recently, the more resolved I become. I think it really is time to get properly organised, not just have a few extra tins of food and a tarp ready... as I stand atthe moment, me and the family would last about a week, that's a scary thought!

i'M THE SAME BOAT.. my wife is starting to think I'm crazy.. but I made her buy extra canned food and water which I've stored away for us. THe rational I gave her to avoid the rolling eyes and well her leaving me .. was listen, I'm not saying something WILL happen, but I need to know, for us, that we are somewhat prepared for any emergency. That seemed to appease her a little in the sense that , well it makes sense!

I have enough to last a few weeks only.. like 2.. and now I learned we may be pregnant again.. OH god can I risk bringing new life into this world? I'm getting more supplies... but I don't think I'll get to use them anyway it it gets real bad..

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iiquiringmind

i'M THE SAME BOAT.. my wife is starting to think I'm crazy.. but I made her buy extra canned food and water which I've stored away for us. THe rational I gave her to avoid the rolling eyes and well her leaving me .. was listen, I'm not saying something WILL happen, but I need to know, for us, that we are somewhat prepared for any emergency. That seemed to appease her a little in the sense that , well it makes sense!

I have enough to last a few weeks only.. like 2.. and now I learned we may be pregnant again.. OH god can I risk bringing new life into this world? I'm getting more supplies... but I don't think I'll get to use them anyway it it gets real bad..

keep your head up, you just need enough food to out last the hords of Sheeple/Zombies roaming the streets looking for food and water. Im afread thats going to have to be a months supply of food at the least. once the hords die off your servival rate will incress, due to less threats of conflict.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

TMI! Dude! TMI!

2nd

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

TMI! Dude! TMI!

2nd

agreed, getting carried away. Thanks

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Just a few weeks ago, they were out in force, buying up shares in their own companies with both hands.
No longer. They’ve disappeared. Almost overnight.
Read More

Two possibilities. They do not have enough capital to invest or They're waiting on some return on their investments. I do not see any news about them short selling or selling off in wholesale.

Basically the FY is coming to a close in Washington. Perhaps the investors are waiting for the next FY and the policy changes before they start to invest again.

It all sounds normal investment practices to me. Besides, I have little less than 10K in stocks from the 5K I started off with. Everything else depends on where one lives before/during/after the SHTF.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yeah maybe I was being harsh.
But in the end, it's not about being prepared.
You are right.
It's about what you are willing to do to survive.

Either way, I'd hate to see people suffer because of their apathy.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well... if you have some moneys you can do it.. other who don't - probably only meditation and weed left to do

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Have you ever heard the saying buy on the news sell on the rumour.
Well sorry to burst your bubble, but if you look very carefully at the currency for the usa and europe you will see that all is not in panic mode, currency is being traded daily both smoothly and calmly, as for stocks well that does not drive either the usa or europe, all stocks can only be is a vehicle to make money - so again sorry but when the currency crashes then sure run for that hill, but remember central banks will always be there to bail em out,, because as one knows it is they who pretty much hold the buying power stored in gold and we all know the up trend which gold has been on these past 3 years, so again apologies but doom and gloom aint into the equation yet, however if u choose to sell your stocks fine thats ur call no one is forcing you are they. If u dont believe me - spend a few days watching currency moving and u will notice that a daily 3 trillion usd market is still strong and very much alive and yes thats est 3 trillion in volume daily.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkykeka
Have you ever heard the saying buy on the news sell on the rumour.
Well sorry to burst your bubble, but if you look very carefully at the currency for the usa and europe you will see that all is not in panic mode, currency is being traded daily both smoothly and calmly, as for stocks well that does not drive either the usa or europe, all stocks can only be is a vehicle to make money - so again sorry but when the currency crashes then sure run for that hill, but remember central banks will always be there to bail em out,, because as one knows it is they who pretty much hold the buying power stored in gold and we all know the up trend which gold has been on these past 3 years, so again apologies but doom and gloom aint into the equation yet, however if u choose to sell your stocks fine thats ur call no one is forcing you are they. If u dont believe me - spend a few days watching currency moving and u will notice that a daily 3 trillion usd market is still strong and very much alive and yes thats est 3 trillion in volume daily.

sorry to burst your bubble but your basing your clames of fiat money. when all fiat money is dropping in value you will not see a change in the currency markets, they are all falling at the same time. but if you base those currancys to gold, silver, or grain you will see that actualy all currancys are falling all at once.

you cant base your knowledge on the currancy trade when all currancys are falling as a whole.
edit on 21-9-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

well said.
the last time the economy had a little slip in 2008, the price of gold was 874 USD (Source). Today it's 1791 USD.

Can we all say 'devalued fiat'? Imagine that fiat currencies were their vehicular name sake. Picture a small Italian car being pushed off a cliff dragging a convoy of Iveco trucks filled with bonds....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
CNN is really ignoring the markets today, running trashy tabloid news. At least that what it seems like.
Not to say CNN isn't typically trash but seems extra worthless today.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
exactly your doing the same your more than not pretending however, unless any of you are professional traders that is, your basing your assumptions on what rumours not hard cold facts, and how can you even say well thats not the case its fiat, sorry thats like saying i am dealing in stones, some are precious and some are just made out of concrete, go do your research and you will see that at the end of the day and lets just through this word around shall we FIAT, has actually nothing too do with it, and for why i here one ask, because to trade you must have an account, and that account has to be backed with what ..um well fiat money i guess, well um wrong do do your homework and get it right hey !!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
you cant base your knowledge on the currancy trade when all currancys are falling as a whole.

REPLY being well yes i can actually, and do so daily as a trader, that and buy to sell and sell to buy, anybody have a problem with this as well, or is that too much FIAT, kinda like standing on a street corner and handing out dollars right .. WRONG .. fast, furious and all digitally driven. via algorythms which would make nasa appear to be kindergarden ..

and actually i you look closely not all currencys are falling as a whole, get your research right or is your knowledge that of well it dropped 100 pips today so that makes the currency falling.. hmmm.. indeed.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
OH AND BTW - in this present moment the euro is still averaging slightly higher than it was on february 14th of this year, thats 7 months ago, plus a few days, so por favor can you tell me what all this falling currency is about because i am trying so hard to see it and well u know what i just can seem to find it.. remember the euro is still averaging slightly higher than it was 7 months ago,, so tell me how its is a falling currency, hhmm .. again homework time for some of you by the sounds of it.
or maybe your were perhaps talking about one of those FIAT type of currencys you know the ones which are falling.. NOT.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
CABLE is also still higher than it was on the 21st december of last year, Its still trading higher than it was almost 9 months ago, really is it higher than 9 months ago.. yep sure is.. so again care to enlighten me on these falling currencys of yours and thats to both of you which is it starsky and hutch or you both hanging with cagney and lacey.. either way the two most traded global currencys are higher than they were respectively 7 months ago on the euro dollar and 9 months ago on the cable thats usd to british pound if your not too sure.. thanks cant wait for your reply..

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join