It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The People of Palestine Are Heading For a Huge Let Down With Possible Major Regional Conflict To Fol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

But will that make 'muslim' problem go away?

Muslim problem?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth

Of course the alternative is that all jews are 'relocated' elsewhere so that jewish problem goes away.

That sounds so familiar....where have I heard that before? I think that there was someone else in modern history that had that same thought, but the name eludes me...I believe he had the same thought too, 'relocate' the 'jewish problem'. Can't think of the name though...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

But will that make 'muslim' problem go away?

Muslim problem?

You have no idea. The Muslim world is waiting for a rallying cry - a victory. No telling what will happen if Israel is gone.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

Nice try but no cigar.

This has nothing to do with Hitler other than the Israelis treat the Palestinians similar as Hitler treated their ancestors in WW2. So since it happened to them in WW2 it's okay for them to do it to Palestinians (on a smaller scale-but for much longer)?

It would be a shame for Israel to be part of the reason that WW3 pops off after all that the international community has done for them after WW2. You would think Israel would be more gracious.

Let's please not turn this into a Muslim vs Jew thread guys.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

based on past history, they'll start fighting amongst themselves.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Uh, yesterday Sarkozy made a speech in favor of the Palestine bid to join.
Have other countries' media not been acknowledging that? I heard it myself.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Actually him and Obama have been rallying against it. There have been a few threads on ATS about it. I will edit this post in a moment with some links. He did say to admit Palestine as a non member though.

Obama, Sarkozy urge Palestinians to drop UN bid

Sarkozy to UN: admit Palestine as non-member
edit on 22-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hey, I'm not the one who said that...so how exactly do you take it when someone says there is a 'jewish problem' and a solution is to relocate them? Ok so I can say that here in California we have a 'hispanic problem' but that's okay because we can just 'relocate' them, all good! You don't see anything wrong with what I just said? because I do.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

They've been fighting ever since Isaac and Ishmael. Abraham's sons...Isaac was the one who got the Blessing and Ishmael was the rejected son...not stopped since, won't stop anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
As naive as it is, I would like to think that the creation of a Palestinian state would make negotiations easier. With the creation of this state, it would put Israel and Palestine on equal footing in negotiations. I think that is one of many failings with the current situation. You have Israel being able to act from a position of holding all of the aces as it were.

If the Palestinians were to get their state, Israel could no longer blockade them "legally", and would have to negotiate in good faith just to be able to access the fresh water that Palestine would have. I know some people think that the rocket attacks would continue, and Hamas would continue to hold sway in Gaza, I'm not so sure. There would be no reason for either. Hamas exists to "stand up" for the people. If they have thier own little piece of the planet, recognized by the UN, just like Israel, then Hamas would only be needed in a defensive role.

I think this would also cause Israel to stop with the questionable tactics. Anything that they did, offensively, would not be against rebel elements, but instead be against a sovreign nation and an act of war.

I truly believe that peace will be easier to negotiate with both parties being on a more or less equal footing.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

There has been talk about the Palestinians using statehood to further their attacks upon Israel. It is a no win situation as far as peace is concerned. Regardless of what the results of the statehood issue becomes, there will always be an issue to fight about.

All I can say is America is lucky that the attention of the world is not focussed on the issue of Americans giving all it's land back to the native Americans. America is a young country, and the stolen land here has only been held for a few hundred years. The Middle East situation has been going on for thousands of years and the land in dispute over there has been held by many countries. Yep, it's a good thing that the opinions held about Middle Eastern soil is not applied here!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The Israelis didnt steal the land-it was given to them by the word powers. The Palestinians should be fighting against the UN not the Israelis. Its the UN who took their land out from underneath them and gave it to the Israelis.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Bluesma

Actually him and Obama have been rallying against it. There have been a few threads on ATS about it. I will edit this post in a moment with some links. He did say to admit Palestine as a non member though.

Obama, Sarkozy urge Palestinians to drop UN bid

Sarkozy to UN: admit Palestine as non-member
edit on 22-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Okay. Yeah, it would help if you find the speech. Maybe I misunderstood.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Keep in mind that "act of war" idea goes both ways.

If Hamas attacks Israel after Palestinian independence, it will be an act of war by a sovereign nation against another.

In that event, Israel's gloves and leash would come off.

Even worse, Israel might point to our defense agreement with them and Gaza gets invaded and occupied by US troops. In terms of dealing with insurgents and terrorists, our methods have been traditionally more brutal and aggressive than Israel's ever has.

The only way an independent Palestine will survive, is if it renounces all violence against Israel. Otherwise its going to have a very short lifespan.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I really hope a comprehensive settlement is found so that the problem goes away.

Whatever it takes.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The Israelis didnt steal the land-it was given to them by the word powers. The Palestinians should be fighting against the UN not the Israelis. Its the UN who took their land out from underneath them and gave it to the Israelis.
You are correct! The land was promised to be returned to the Jews in 1918. Thirty years later the U.N. sanctioned and recognized statehood for Israel. Don't tell the Muslims! They want everyone to believe it was stolen.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Things are heating up already. The bid hasn't even been submitted yet. Some settlers decoded to burn and uproot some trees. It got ugly from there.

Palestinian man killed in West Bank clash

RAMALLAH — A Palestinian man has been shot dead in a clash with Israeli soldiers and settlers in the West Bank. The incident, witnessed by an AP reporter, began when some 200 settlers burned and uprooted trees Friday near the village of Qusra. Villagers threw stones at the settlers. Israeli troops arrived and fired tear gas, then live rounds. Settlers also fired their weapons.

If the tables were turned and the Palestinians started this attack, then they would have been labelled as terrorists and air strikes would have been deployed.

Looks like to me the settlers are terrorists too. All you Israel supporters should think twice next time before you label the Palestinians as terrorists. It goes both ways right?
edit on 23-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join