It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hooligans? What would Happen if ONLY Women and Kids Were Allowed to Attend?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

right at the one minute mark 1:05

sure looks like two guys in the audience high fiving
and hey, look, they aint beating the crap out of people

maybe they are special people who got an exception or maybe they just arent wearing the dresses the had on when they snuck in,
xD

edit on 9/21/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

reply to post by gabby2011

Why are you trying to trash me here? Who are you? Please either respond to the OP ie stay on topic or be reported.

CJ

I'm just saying that it is odd..that you bring a topic here..about violence in sports fans.. yet you seem to think its ok for the players to be violent in the game..

That is on topic... about violence in sports... and how they are trying to control it.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Why are you trying to trash me here? Who are you? Please either respond to the OP ie stay on topic or be reported.

CJ

I'm just saying that it is odd..that you bring a topic here..about violence in sports fans.. yet you seem to think its ok for the players to be violent in the game..

That is on topic... about violence in sports... and how they are trying to control it.

Where in this thread have I mentioned the players actions? I'll repeat - who are you? Stop trolling me and respond to the OP. This thread. The one you are reading now.

CJ

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Where in this thread have I mentioned the players actions? I'll repeat - who are you? Stop trolling me and respond to the OP. This thread. The one you are reading now.

First off you're not worth trolling.. get over yourself.

Second.. I responded to your view of violence in sports fans..as hypocritical..

because you failed to give your opinion on what you think is a good soccer player... in this thread..doesn't make it any less hypocritical.

In my opinion , violence in sports has gotten way out of control both on and off the field..

I hardly think filling the bleachers with woman and children will change that.... do you?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

First off you're not worth trolling.. get over yourself.

Again, for the third time - who are you? Your lack of transparency is sad.

Regarding the OP, I also find it interesting this happened in Turkey. Although secular, this would seem to anger a large majority...

CJ

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
@ the above off topic back and forth, cant we all just....get along
come on guys, lets look at my post top of this page and laugh at the two guys in the crowd of woman in the stadium which had supposeldy not let any guys in,

yay, funny, YOUR STEALING MY THUNDER!!!! I FOUNDED THE GUYS IN THE WOMAN CROWDS!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

In my opinion , violence in sports has gotten way out of control both on and off the field.. I hardly think filling the bleachers with woman and children will change that.... do you?

The above is the question I posed to you regarding the op.. ...which is on topic ,by the way.

Again, for the third time - who are you? Your lack of transparency is sad.

Again..this is off topic.

edit on 21-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
@ the above off topic back and forth, cant we all just....get along
come on guys, lets look at my post top of this page and laugh at the two guys in the crowd of woman in the stadium which had supposeldy not let any guys in,

yay, funny, YOUR STEALING MY THUNDER!!!! I FOUNDED THE GUYS IN THE WOMAN CROWDS!!!!!

cool...like finding waldo

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

So I guess children need to learn violence in preparation for life?? yep that's a good ticket to success..

We are teaching our children that only winning matters .. and if it takes violence..so be it.

I think there is a place for playful competition, and an outlet for physical exercise.. beyond that....its all ego, and underhandedness..to win..WIN..WIN..

Yes, children do need to learn that violence exists, and how to deal with it in preparation for life. Children should be equipped for every scenario before they get out into the real world, because the real world doesn't have a safety net.

I agree with you that sports should be playful competition, and an outlet for physical exercise (including contact), but it should never be underhandedness. SPORTSMANSHIP and TEAMWORK are the number one life lessons to be learned in sports. Winning should be important. It is important in life. There is nothing wrong with striving to win, and being disappointed in a loss. Those are life lessons. It is important to learn to take both situations with humility and sportsmanship.

There isn't a thing in the world wrong with rough contact sports, or winning, or losing. There is plenty wrong with underhandedness and egomania and dirty play, and the best place to learn those lessons is in contact sports. Take a cheapshot at someone in a soccer game, or football game, or hockey game, and see what their teammates give you in return? Whatever the referees don't catch, the players certainly will!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree with you that sports should be playful competition, and an outlet for physical exercise (including contact), but it should never be underhandedness. SPORTSMANSHIP and TEAMWORK are the number one life lessons to be learned in sports. Winning should be important. It is important in life. There is nothing wrong with striving to win, and being disappointed in a loss. Those are life lessons. It is important to learn to take both situations with humility and sportsmanship.

Nicely put...and indeed it would be better for both the players and the fans to take both situations with humility and sportsmanship.

There isn't a thing in the world wrong with rough contact sports, or winning, or losing. There is plenty wrong with underhandedness and egomania and dirty play, and the best place to learn those lessons is in contact sports. Take a cheapshot at someone in a soccer game, or football game, or hockey game, and see what their teammates give you in return? Whatever the referees don't catch, the players certainly will!

I'm happy to see you type that egomania and dirty play are considered wrong to you.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If it's Hooligans vs Hooligans I wouldn't care.
They are all there to fight, so be it.
What's annoying is that they are trashing the whole place, trashing private property and the worst is that uninvolved people get beaten up.
I think in the end it has nothing to do with one particular sport.
If only Women and Kids were allowed to attend soccer games, it wouldn't take long and probably mini Golf would be the new playground.
All males, all very young.
Gotta be testosterone.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sports fans.... The Ultimate sheep. Too stupid to realize its all about money and its all a setup. Too emotionally fragile to handle the reality that their team cant always win and that not everyone likes their team.. Such followers that their whole week will be ruined based on the actions of some other person on a field or court somewhere who is PLAYING A GAME! Oh no! That guy who i don't even know didnt make the ball go where i wanted it to go, now i gotta beat on my wife and scream at my kids. Sports fans are so fun and easy to # with their minds... Like a lost little rat in a cage, who doesn't even realize he is in a maze that is designed and changed as you go so you can't ever reach the end... Even if your team wins, there's always another game, another season... I agree that there was once a time when it wasn't so bad, and that there are some sports fans who aren't the dangerous mindless animals who I hate so much, and a lot of those level headed fans are probate ly here on ATS, so don't take offense if you are one. I also know there are some sports fans who started off as the zombie follower sheep but are slowly waking up to the fact that sports are basically all rigged in one way or another and even if they weren't, its no reason to let your emotions be controlled so thoroughly. So for these people, maybe this will be the final wake up call. Yes, this (all the above) is what truly intelligent and openminded people think about your kind! Well, those who are More intelligent, and More ascended than I, they just feel sorry for the whole lot of ya. And sometimes I do too, but I haven't quite reached that level on a full-time basis yet... I still can't help sometimes feeling pure hatred for someone who would physically or otherwise harm another human because of a goddamn GAME... And disdain as I look down at the pitiful creatures who let their happiness depend on some person playing a GAME.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Ok Zack! You must be a blast to hang out with!

CJ

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
what really bugs me is why american fans riot when they...

win!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I have to ask this regarding sports in general.

What's the appeal?

Playing them is fun. Watching a skilled athlete or athletes play it can be impressive especially if you have played it yourself.

But when it come to simply aligning yourself to some team or club based on nothing more than geographic location what's the point besides just satisfying some jingoistic desire to join a master race or hate another for the sake of hate?

the sadness is this learned behavior on both sides of the pond ties directly back to control of the masses. begins as part of the public school (government) curriculum serving multiple needs identified long ago by advisors to the large and in-charge: distraction, divide & conquer, team/brotherhood mindset and more. been working an on OP on this, difficult keeping it from getting too lengthy.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

yea I've heard philly is the worst.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Hey pryingopen3rdeye, I owe you a response - you are right in the vid - there are a some guys there - of course! I read today that they are making it policy...

ANKARA, Turkey -- Women and children under 16 will watch Turkish league games for free starting this weekend, part of the national soccer association's bid to reduce violence at male-dominated games.

We'll see how it goes...

Free Tickets for Women and Children Now Policy

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join