It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black eagle tank without covers.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
as some of you may know russia has a new tank.. the black eagle with estimated 135mm gun, it features new generation kaktus-1 era and new technology

this is the only pic of BE without camo.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thats a pretty interesting tank nice low profile on the turret. Is there any info or stats to go along with that tank or just the pic.

135mm thats a big gun for a tank

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It has an unmanned turret (which is a big plus and should be also on western tanks, I think). But I highly doubt it is already operational.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by longbow]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
But I highly doubt it is already operational.

russia started modernizing their t80s couple of years ago, so who knows?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I thought the BE was a Russian/SKorean tank design for the South Korean Army. Not a new indigenous Russian replacement tank.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Crew of three? Just looking at that photo (the first I had seen before I looks it up online) I was wondering if the commander was reclining or lying flat! A link I found states that it might eventually have a 152mm (!) main gun.

armor.kiev.ua...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
I thought the BE was a Russian/SKorean tank design for the South Korean Army. Not a new indigenous Russian replacement tank.

no, appirantly it was a hoax, nothing korean..

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
the BE is a HEAVY modernization of the T-80u tank

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This tank is not made for the Russian Army, but for export to South Korea I believe. The one that is made for our army is a T-95 (can't remember the Obekt name) with a 152mm gun and an unmanned turret.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Cool!

What a great target this new tank will make for the A-10!!!!

john

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskad
This tank is not made for the Russian Army, but for export to South Korea I believe. The one that is made for our army is a T-95 (can't remember the Obekt name) with a 152mm gun and an unmanned turret.

how do you know this?
, since BE is a modernization of t-80u it will be cheaper to just upgrade all the t80s

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
152mm main gun dam thats a huge gun

If S Korea is getting the Black eagle then what kind of tank does N Korea have?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Cool!

john

get the phuck out of my thread amer.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskad

i would say russia IS gona use this tank for its army.
the black eagle is a beatiful tank i would fight in it any day.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Cool!

john

yeah sure it will and when the A-10 appears a mig will shot it down.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hocico

Cool!

john

OUCH alittle touchy Hocico, is this a Russian only thread or something?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
this tank is being developed in cooperation with and for export to S.Korea and may even feature Korean thermal imagers. It will not be fielded with the Russian Army and seems to be entirely an initiative of Omsk Plant. It originates from the now-closed Nikolai Popov's design bureau at Leningrad Kirov Plant (LKZ) and is now developed by Alexander Morozov. The tank is built on a T-80U chassis and will borrow most of its components including FCS from T-80U. The most significant difference between the new tank and T-80 is the completely redesigned turret (at Omsk'97 a full-sized mock-up was presented). This new turret will have a larger degree of protection than the current Russian MBTs. The steep slope of forward armor plates on the turret reflects designers' desire to maximize protection from APFSDS rounds in a duel situation, when tanks fight "face to face". For additional protection, the tank is fitted with Kaktus ERA and the new Drozd-2 APS......

......It was originally planned to install a 152 mm gun that is being developed for a future Russian MBT. However, since this tank is not going to be fielded with the Russian Army, it will carry a 125 mm 2A46-series gun. Another innovation is a new automated ammo storage/loader, located in a turret bustle

warfare.ru...
An EXCELLENT 3D rendering of the Blackeagle :

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Hocico

Cool!

john

OUCH alittle touchy Hocico, is this a Russian only thread or something?

this is a no-retards allowed threads, do you see me go in your threads and LOLO LOOKS AT THSI ABRAMS SU-25 TARGET PRACTISE GO RUSSIARUSSIA

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
well mad u just shot me outa the water i'll give u that one.
also yeah stop spouting ok people?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Cool in that 3-D Rendering it looks like the turret machine gun is automated. Is that how it works in this tank since there is noone in the turret that would be cool and is the future of all mounted guns IMO with a manual backup.

Hocico I dont agree with that post about the A-10 but it is another point of view. These threads would be quite boring without other peoples views.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join