It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the great flood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
everyone has their own theories or beliefs or thoughts about a great flood or deluge that is inferred to in some ancient texts in the world's past history. let's just argue for a minute that a continuous rain storm could happen for a few weeks, non stop. here in the east coast usa, we have experienced what one day or two of hard rain can do to our bays and dams.
let's consider a continuous 15-20 inches of rain per day, for 40 days. would that be enough to destroy 50 percent of the world's human and animal population?
not looking for philosophical or religious tirades. just some thoughts about what would result from such a continuous barrage of rain.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There is a finite amount of water on the planet....if its all in the skies ready to rain down...the surface would be dry.

There is not enough water on the planet....fact
It never happened.

20" x 40 days = 800" = Thats 66ft of water.

Mount Everest is slightly higher than that........................
edit on 21-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

The great flood of Noah could have been caused by a pole shift. There would be rain, but the shifting would cause the massive flooding. Say if Nibiru came close to the earth it might flip the earth if it had a reverse polarity from the sun. After the object passed the earth would flip back over. It would take a bit for the water to drain off the planet to where it was before.

Some believe Nibiru only causes big problems every other time it passes. So the flood of Noah was two appearances back. Possibly 5000bc. The Sphinx could have water marks on it. If so it could have been built before Noah's time and it could predate the great pyramids by quite some time.

This is off topic about rain, but I think Nibiru caused the great flood.-----------------

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
There is a finite amount of water on the planet....if its all in the skies ready to rain down...the surface would be dry.

There is not enough water on the planet....fact
It never happened.

20" x 40 days = 800" = Thats 66ft of water.

Mount Everest is slightly higher than that........................
edit on 21-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

I believe there was a flood...... but that's back when the "world was flat" so it was thought that it flooded the whole world. It could happen again, just not the whole world at the same time- like you said, there isn't enough water on the planet

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I realize that you are not looking for a religious tirade but one of the ancient texts containing the story of the great deluge is the old testament. According to that source it was not just a steady rain that caused the flood-

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

The fountains of the great deep could be a reference to water beneath the surface of the earth as has been recently discovered. So this would cause the water table to rise significantly more than the amount of rain that fell.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

lets say there is a finite amount of water. that certain weather conditions couldn't exist to overload the entire earth. are you saying there is no way that in certain key areas of the world, continuous days of rain couldn't cause flooding and water damage to the extent that an extreme percentage (10-40%) of the world's wildlife could die?
how much flooding needs to exist to destroy such a significant percentage?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

i think my original post was misunderstood abit. continuous rainfall will cause dams and levies to break. there would be massive water contamination from sewage overflows. electric and nuclear plants would be shut down. in large metropolitan areas, the drainage systems and the ground might not be able to handle amount of water.
i guess my question has more to do with how much rain and flooding would be necessary to create conditions that could destroy significant percentage of life.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lawgiver
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

lets say there is a finite amount of water. that certain weather conditions couldn't exist to overload the entire earth. are you saying there is no way that in certain key areas of the world, continuous days of rain couldn't cause flooding and water damage to the extent that an extreme percentage (10-40%) of the world's wildlife could die?
how much flooding needs to exist to destroy such a significant percentage?

More than 50% of all life resides in the water....so on that basis only

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
How much groundwater is in the planet I wonder? And then, let's say, that there was some kind of mechanism to force all this groundwater to the surface . . . what depth would this water be over the surface of the Earth? Also, how long would it take for this surface water to percolate back to its position within the Earth. Could internal heat and/or pressure within the Earth force this water out to the surface in the first place? And if there was increased heat from within could that also radiate out and cause increased rain . . . say for forty-days. Regardless if the flood happened, or not, could this scenario be possible?
edit on 21-9-2011 by nonnez because: flow

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would think one must consider the earths temp. at the time of said floods.
If the earths temp. was warmer and both poles had little or no ice, sea levels would be much higher to begin with.
With higher temps. there would be more clouds. There could have been ample rain and no drought conditions.
One would have to take into consideration at what level all land masses were at, at that time.
Land rises and sinks all the time.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

You are not alone in these thoughts, that is my take also. Nibiru, and the Dark Star it orbits is incoming, and this is why Nations are frantically building deep underground bases, and why the Rich Elite are gathering up all of the gold. I guess they plan to offer gold in return for safety, with their power and wealth intact, of course.

top topics

join