It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence? 2012 movie points at September 27th 2011 and the actor says "I'M A DEAD MAN"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

just link the image to

tinypic.com

then paste the link

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Good find OP.

S&F.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
OP: What is the point of worrying about something we cannot prevent.

I think best is to believe in God and get His blessing. He is the only shelter when all hope is lost.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
He's right. I decided to look the movie up. It's around the 12 minute mark in the movie actually.

John Cussack is sleeping on the couch and his house begins to shake. He wakes up and his watch is sitting on the arm of his couch. The scene is very quick so I'm having a hard time capturing it and had to pause it. Check it out for yourselves:

2012 movie

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Interesting find. I took a look myself, not wanting to be a party pooper, but I am seeing 9:28 10.
Anything significant happen last year?

I am aware of the 9/11 movie connections. But what, if any, other movies are referencing the 9:27 date?

st.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The problem with the theory that movies predict or warn the populace about incoming disasters is that in order to "prove" this theory, you have to eliminate every other movie that doesn't fit the pattern. There are thousands of disaster movies with dates in them, yet they are never mentioned because nothing happened. Instead, people take a date and then search for everything related to said date and --voila-- instant prediction. It just doesn't work.

Further, 2012 is irrefutably a huge money-maker. Look at all the books about the subject. I have read about 11 or 12 of them and interestingly enough many of them contain "signs to look for" with dates, always approximate, that have passed with nothing happening.

Now, if the movie 2012 came out in the 1960's, long before the hype and analysis began, you would have a better, although still far from concrete, argument.

Lastly, you are aware that the time on his watch is also an actual time of day, that fits in with the whole "I'm late for work" point of the movie. Since the average workday is thought to be 9-5, it makes sense that the time would be just after 9.

Why is it that nobody ever says: gee, the Fourth of July passed and there are no giant alien spacecraft hovering over the US? Hmmmmm....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I see the picture now OP.

I must say, good find.

S+F

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

No, nothing happened at all during the whole of September 2010 but coincidentally many major events are happening now during September 2011.
edit on 21-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Time will tell, no pun intended!

st.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
There are thousands of disaster movies with dates in them, yet they are never mentioned because nothing happened.

I guess in order for you to say that, then you have researched it. Would you mind providing a list of the movies and the dates they contain?

Why is it that nobody ever says: gee, the Fourth of July passed and there are no giant alien spacecraft hovering over the US? Hmmmmm....

Because, on that date, they are too busy worrying about whether the Brits are coming back to reclaim their colony!

st.
edit on 21-9-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Here are some:

Disaster Movie -- world to end on August 29, 2008
The Stand -- originally 1980, then 1985, and lastly 1990
The Omega Man -- based on the book that sets the date in 1976-1978. (I Am Legend moves the date to 2012)
La Jetee -- virus nearly wipes out humanity in 1996/1997
On the Beach -- 1964 atomic, world ending war

And so on...

Google: Post-apocalypse movies, then Google when each movie takes place. You'll find that whenever there is a remake of a popular movie, such as The Omega Man, the remake moves the date in order to make it more relevant (notice I didn't say more predictive)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

good work on that pic

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Here are some:

Disaster Movie -- world to end on August 29, 2008
The Stand -- originally 1980, then 1985, and lastly 1990
The Omega Man -- based on the book that sets the date in 1976-1978. (I Am Legend moves the date to 2012)
La Jetee -- virus nearly wipes out humanity in 1996/1997
On the Beach -- 1964 atomic, world ending war

And so on...

Google: Post-apocalypse movies, then Google when each movie takes place. You'll find that whenever there is a remake of a popular movie, such as The Omega Man, the remake moves the date in order to make it more relevant (notice I didn't say more predictive)

Right, so all you have done is google disaster movies and list them.

What the OP is pointing out is a synchronicity within the 2012 movie, i.e. the watch is suggesting a specific date.
Whilst the movie might be about '2012', there is a seperate date given within the movie.

If you had done the research, then really you should be providing moments within the movies you list, where a specific time is given, which could be interpreted as the date of a disaster. So withint a specific scene you might see a shot of a clock, a watch, a count down timer, a calendar, something like that.

What you are providing and what the OP is suggesting are two completely different things.

st.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Predictive programming is a subtle form of psychological conditioning provided by the media to acquaint the public with planned societal changes to be implemented by our leaders. If and when these changes are put through, the public will already be familiarized with them and will accept them as 'natural progressions', as Alan Watt calls it; thus lessening any possible public resistance and commotion.

I must add to this statement: "acquaint the public with planned societal changes to be implemented by our leaders." This is too narrow. I would include earth changes in that definition as well.

"Hollywood is the magician's wand (holly-holy) which has been used to cast a spell on the unsuspecting public. Things or ideas which would otherwise be seen as bizarre, vulgar, undesirable or impossible are inserted into films in the realm of fantasy. When the viewer watches these films, his/her mind is left open to suggestion and the conditioning process begins. These same movies which are designed to program the average person, can give the discerning viewer a better understanding of the workings and the plan of the world agenda. "Be-aware".

Predictive programming...

This isn't really about specific predictions in movies. Although they happen, but usually we only catch them in hindsight. It's planned that way. It's about overrall conditioning and acceptance of future events that may, or may not mirror a movie or movies, it may only be similar in psychological effect. Either way, a consistent diet of movies, msm, and government propaganda without the use of critical thinking skills engaged, will surely prepare you for the next big change coming up.

So ask yourself. What are the prevalent themes in the aforementioned media outlets presently? And how do they make the average person think and feel?

S&F OP!

edit on 9/21/2011 by Klassified because: Corrections

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

And if you had done your research, you would realize the ridiculousness of this entire premise. Further, Independence Day and the Stand both have specific dates....do I have to watch them for you too? I have watched the movies myself. I suggested Google for people unfamiliar with them and/or to be able to further the list.

Shall we start going on and including books, TV shows, comic books...etc? They could all be means of disclosure after all.

Of course, they could just be profitable fiction....

Don't you guys realize yet that by using relevant dates it keeps people talking about the movie and in turn the profit margin.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

And if you had done your research, you would realize the ridiculousness of this entire premise.

What do I need to do research for? I am neither supporting, nor ridiculing this thread. If you bothered to look at my posts in this thread, you would see I disagree with the 9:27 11 time on the watch.

All I have done is suggest you provide some evidence to back up your claim, just like the OP provided to support their claim. It's easy to go into a thread and ridicule, make all sorts of claims. But those claims are mute if you don't support them.

Further, Independence Day and the Stand both have specific dates....do I have to watch them for you too? I have watched the movies myself. I suggested Google for people unfamiliar with them and/or to be able to further the list.

Well you seem to be suggesting you have researched all this (which I highly doubt), so you should have been able to provide something more specific than just a list of movies. The OP gave specific information.

st.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Image works fine for me. Very interesting to say the least. The hands on the watch clearly point to the 27, 9 and the 11. Good catch OP. S%F

Yeah I agree, this is very interesting indeed...hope someone can verify and find it in the movie

Good spoting OP.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Interesting because I just caught this headline on Before it's news right after looking at your thread:

World Leaders will be in Recess September 27th 2011

And while I'm not 100% on the whole Elenin thing - it all does look a bit fishy. I suppose its another one of those wait and see moments. Sidenote: Don't hate on me for the content or the source of the article, I just wanted to throw it on out there

I just wanted to add the pertinent quote from the article:

In a strange coincidence of anomalies, many world leaders and politicians will be in recess during the next alignment with ‘Comet’ Elenin. The United Nations has an empty schedule from September 23rd through October 10th, 2011. The UK Parliament is in recess from September 15th through October 10th, 2011. The United States Congress is on vacation from September 25th through October 2nd, 2011. Germany’s President’s schedule is empty after September 25, 2011.

edit on 21-9-2011 by JewelFlip because: Added quote

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Um what movie? you don´t ever mention what movie you are talking about, very irritating. And the link does not work.

He said 2012 the movie ! duh

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join