It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Have I been hacked, strange error message appears on my web browser!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

If nothing is working it might be worth considering a format and reinstall of Windows.

Maybe try system restoring to a point further back in time?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Download Ad-aware and MalawareBytes (both have free versions that work pretty good) and run those. You can also run the Windows Safety Scanner (found on Microsoft's website - it is also free). Also download September's version of the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
*delurk*

My usual windows disinfection process goes like this..

1 > Boot into Safe mode with Networking.

2 > TDSSKiller, available free of charge from Kaspersky Labs

3 > ComboFix, also available free from bleepingcomputer.com

4 > Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, from mbam.org

5 > For an anti-virus, for free ones I've been using Avast Free for the last few years, as I noticed that AVG seemed to go off a bit around version 8, but I've heard lots of good things about AVG 2012...

I find that to be enough for 8 or 9 out of 10 infections, with onlyt the odd one needing a little more in the way of manual intervention.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
another idea check if anything out of the ordinary is starting up when you turn on your computer. you can do this by typing msconfig in run or if you have windows7 you can type in the search programs and files bar. you can find that by clicking on the windows symbol in bottom left hand corner. nice to see whats automaticly running on your computer.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You probably have a rootkit installed. Go here: support.kaspersky.com...
Download TDSSkiller and it will take care of it. Afterwards run a good online virus/malware scan.

after running TDSSKiller, go here: www.sophos.com...
Run that one too.

fyi, this is an actual windows error code. not part of a game

See: msdn.microsoft.com...
edit on 9/21/11 by rydizz because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/21/11 by rydizz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
If you want a good free av
AVAST www.avast.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
OK, so after unsuccessfully installing any AV or spybot software on the drive I switched to my other drive which fortunately has a seperate installation of XP.

I installed Spybot and AVG 2012. Scanned the infected drive and fixed any errors. I also ran a PC speed up booster from AVG to optomise the system settings etc.

Drive now seems clean but I can't access the internet. I have tried all sorts but it just doesn't connect. The system tray icon tries to connect but nothing happens.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I am using the working drive atm obviously but I want the other on to work because it has all my games on and they amount to about a 120gb so as you can imagine, it will take a long time to re-install all of those. Also, I can't find my system disk.

HELP PLEASE???

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join