It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4:25 AM EST 9/21/2011 Strange Sound in the Sky Over NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I am wondering if these lights are like the ones seen on august 26th in New York as can be seen in the youtube vid "outside threat imminent." Those lights were recorded right before hurricane Irene.....Omens???? 8+ earthquake on the eastcoast in the works????Maybe scalar wave tech....any booming sounds heard recently??

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Zatara - This is a third type of sound that many of us have also been hearing. If we're referring to the same type, it's sort of like the tinnitus you sometimes get that seems to culminate from within your head (or ear) and you're right, it only lasts a short while, starts at a steady high pitch then gets a bit higher before it stops. Is this what you're referring to?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

I don't mean to sound lackadaisical about this, nitro, but I'm so tired I'm ready to drop. I can only say that "As I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord the calm to keep." Let's hope there's no EQs or other unexplained phenomena for at least the next four hours or so...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The reports of these nosies are so intriguing.
They really are so very... otherworldly, for want of a better word. I've no idea whatsoever what they could be, and the theories ("venting gases", underground explosions etc.) all seem to be rubbish.

What it makes me think of (though this is no concrete relation, just what I think of when I see the videos) is a passage in the Bible that says "creation itself groans awaiting its redemption at the hand of God".

It's an amazing phenomenon - I'd love to know what it is.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I live in NYC as well and while I was not up at 4:30 this morning I can tell you that the POTUS is in town, all of the United Nations folks are in town for the UNGA. There is so much going on in the city right now it is insane. I know that there has been added boat traffic (security) along with the typical helicopters and such. This might explain the noises and the additional traffic.

On a side note, the sky here has been looking strange at night and I have noticed weird sounds that are out of the ordinary. Good find - let's keep our eyes open!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i live in brooklyn ,ny and this noise woke me up 2nights in the row (including last night) around 3;30-4;00am.im a good sleeper and im pissed by this .soo loud , all i can see is the dark sky.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Thanks for the reply and data. As far as a separate thread...I'm working on trying to make sense of this and if I get more supporting a theory I'm working on here I'll share it. It's pretty far out there, even by ATS standards though, so forgive me if I'm not sharing much until there is more support. The specific times and description help though and do correlate to at least one other I've got on my list.

This is unsettling to the point of distraction now that the reports are coming from places all over the world..and the audio files everyone can listen to support this isn't people overreacting to background noise in their local area. Folks are definitely hearing, feeling and smelling something while watching animals react as well. Hang in there and let us know if anything more happens around NYC along these lines... That is where the action will be at for the UN until Friday.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silentraptor

Thanks! Anyone else in New York City or the surrounding area out to about 50 miles hearing or feeling this? Times are especially helpful!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Thanks! Anyone else in New York City or the surrounding area out to about 50 miles hearing or feeling this? Times are especially helpful!

Hello everyone, I've been browsing ATS for about 3 weeks now and this is my first post here. I live on the upper west side of Manhattan and was woken up from a deep sleep around 4:25-26 AM by what sounded like a strange deep rumbling (engine?) sound coming from the sky. I was so tired I just shrugged it off and tried going back to sleep but the noise was so distracting that it was rather difficult. I didn't think much of it until I stumbled upon this thread earlier.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Truthwithin,

I'm relieved that someone else mentioned how weird the skies have been looking because I've noticed that too but I'm getting so tired of having to defend myself every time I post that something unusual is happening. I've lived in New York my entire life and have never seen skies that look the way they have been appearing the last few months.

As I said in my post last night, there was a low orange-tinged hazy fog over the river but the sky was relatively clear - so much so that I was able to see the moon at 3:30am and the stars (or twinkling objects, not all of which I'm certain were stars). Anyway, around 7:45am (right before I fell asleep), I glanced out the window and saw that the fog had gotten incredibly thick and grey and I couldn't even see across the river to the Westchester side. At 11:50am, there were puffy white clouds very low with blue skies above them streaked with contrails (or chemtrails depending on your beliefs). Then by 12:22pm, the puffy clouds had spread substantially higher (though you could still see some blue high above). I have pictures but I'm reticent to post them because then the dis-info agents pop out and I'm just tired of it.

Anyway, great point you make about POTUS being in town and I agree that this could have definitely had something to do with that, at least some of it. Thanks for your input.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

If there was an emoticon available, I'd be sending you hugs because there's such relief in validation. Instead you get

It's not only good to know that I'm not the only one hearing it, but that I'm not alone in starting to get really pissed off about it.

Firstly, it's downright annoying and grates on your nerves and secondly, my initial fear is starting to give way to anger because someone is doing something secretive that's affecting the quality of our lives in who knows how many ways. I don't know about you, but I'm not a happy camper when I can't sleep...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by zatara

Zatara - This is a third type of sound that many of us have also been hearing. If we're referring to the same type, it's sort of like the tinnitus you sometimes get that seems to culminate from within your head (or ear) and you're right, it only lasts a short while, starts at a steady high pitch then gets a bit higher before it stops. Is this what you're referring to?

Thats the best explanation, hear it in the upper east side. It very annoying.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I'm working on trying to make sense of this and if I get more supporting a theory I'm working on here I'll share it. It's pretty far out there, even by ATS standards though, so forgive me if I'm not sharing much until there is more support.

You have no idea how much I can relate to this statement. I haven't been a member here for more than a few months but I can remember a time when you could "float" even a seemingly wild theory and expect to receive open-minded feedback. Now it's getting to the point where I'm reticent to share even the most feasible of thoughts because of the negative skepticism that seems have become pervasive on the boards. There was another coinciding thread last night where one of the other posters actually referred to me and another member as being "full of it" and "attention wh*res". Who wants to be denigrated like that?

Folks are definitely hearing, feeling and smelling something while watching animals react as well.

Thank you for this verification because I don't know if I posted this last night, but at one point I opened my window again and there was this incredibly strong odor. I had never experienced that before.

In any event, I agree that the only way to suss out possible causes for these anomalies is by sharing information so I'll continue to post any unusual experiences in spite of my annoyance at certain others. I'll look forward to hearing your theory if and when it pans out.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wow this is pretty intriguing, I'll keep my ears open but I'm pretty close to the airport so will be hard to hear anything.

I do have a decent mic though so I'll be at the ready.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Awen24 - I've never known much about the Bible but I've become more intrigued than I ever imagined from reading all f the posts across the different forums and threads which cite biblical verses describing many of the recent events. I think we're all getting to the point where we need to know what's going on.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by speedyguy

Hello everyone, I've been browsing ATS for about 3 weeks now and this is my first post here. I live on the upper west side of Manhattan and was woken up from a deep sleep around 4:25-26 AM by what sounded like a strange deep rumbling (engine?) sound coming from the sky. I was so tired I just shrugged it off and tried going back to sleep but the noise was so distracting that it was rather difficult. I didn't think much of it until I stumbled upon this thread earlier.

Even more verification. Thanks for taking the time to post, speedyguy, and welcome to ATS!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantoJuJu

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by zatara

Thats the best explanation, hear it in the upper east side. It very annoying.

I've read some interesting information recently about cell towers that are hidden among the roof tops of some buildings in NYC. I know that there was a big uproar further downtown in Stuyvesant Village when a number of residents were complaining about strange vibrations and sounds. Management lied and said that it had been caused by a rodent or insect infestation but then it was discovered that an entire cluster of cell receptors were on the roof tops. Just some food for thought...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I'm very familiar with that. But this sounds way different , its the first time I heard it in upper east side.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicUFO
Please present some video/sound byte or it never happened.

This is a ridiculous statement. It means that, regardless of who the person is, if they don't have a picture or recording then you conclude they're lying. Do people you talk to daily require you to provide proof of things you say?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Whilst I cannot state I also heard the sounds ( mainly because I was asleep at the time you say they were present), I am glad someone has mentioned this very weird smell!

I am uptown in Washington Heights in Manhattan, and I first noticed the strangest smell about 2 weeks ago. The closest thing I could compare it to was a cross between a strange gas, kersosene, and possibly burning rubber. The thing that caught my attention was not only was it present when I stepped outside, but it appeared to come inside too, also through the airconditioner. I kept waiting for it to go, imagining it was maybe someone , somewhere, burning something illegally . I would walk outside to see if I could see smoke or similar, but there was nothing. I also then gave it hope that maybe it was just going to be an isolated incident for the first day I smelt it. However after it continued several days, well over a week, I was really scratching my head. I must report that I haven't picked it up in the last day or so, but it was so apparent that I was starting to wonder if it was only me who could smell it when I was walking down the street, and it appeared it wasn't bothering anyone else. Very strange, but glad someone else had validated my experience with something similar.

I would be appreciative if someone else who also smelt it could try their best to describe the smell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join