It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4:25 AM EST 9/21/2011 Strange Sound in the Sky Over NYC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
We can add this to the multitude of other threads on the same exact subject, but as I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep about an hour ago, that same strange sound started in the sky loud enough for me to hear it with my window shut. I looked up and saw the moon low in the sky for that late at night (around 3:30 AM). There was a low hazy orangish fog over the river but the sky was clear with the exception of a few scattered clouds because I saw the moon clearly and various twinkling lights in the vicinity (which I'm assuming were stars even though they were "twinkling" more than usual). I've also heard some intermittent aircraft and a boat or two has sounded its horn; all unusual for this late at night (or early in the morning). My cell phone can't pick up the sound (tried) but it sounds somewhat engine-like and seems to wax and wane. If anyone else is up and lives by the Hudson River over by Westchester, take a look and listen to see if you hear anything (no pun intended). Quite honestly, I'm starting to get a little tired of this...

Timidgal

EDIT: BTW, not sure why I put this in the UFO and Aliens forum. I just really tired so mods, if you want to move this elsewhere, feel free to do so.
edit on 9/21/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Please present some video/sound byte or it never happened.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Weird! Keep us posted!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Can we get some audio or video by chance?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
i was about to go to bed (finally) but you made me run out in my pajamas to see whats all the commotion.

its cold! and pretty quiet here in the suburbs, except for a faint vibrational pulsing sound. i cant think of anything that sounds like it in everyday sounds. definitely not the wind or plane unless a huvvering type of plane

after tremors in our building this afternoon, and now this, im gonna call it a day (and some)

good nite big apple!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
so.. have you heard this sound before then ?

I'm starting to get a little tired of this...

If so, is it the loud humming sounds that's been reported this year ? which I don't think it has ever been debunk, also..just remembered that there are very loud noises coming from space which I saw last night post on ATS as well and NASA, doesn't know what it is..

Not sure if what your hearing is what is being heard by others as well..

make sure you keep a time-stamp on this even.. thx Timidgal (the paragraphs were inserted by me for easier reading of the OP *grin*)

Originally posted by timidgal
We can add this to the multitude of other threads on the same exact subject, but as I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep about an hour ago, that same strange sound started in the sky loud enough for me to hear it with my window shut. I looked up and saw the moon low in the sky for that late at night (around 3:30 AM).

There was a low hazy orangish fog over the river but the sky was clear with the exception of a few scattered clouds because I saw the moon clearly and various twinkling lights in the vicinity (which I'm assuming were stars even though they were "twinkling" more than usual).

I've also heard some intermittent aircraft and a boat or two has sounded its horn; all unusual for this late at night (or early in the morning). My cell phone can't pick up the sound (tried) but it sounds somewhat engine-like and seems to wax and wane. If anyone else is up and lives by the Hudson River over by Westchester, take a look and listen to see if you hear anything (no pun intended). Quite honestly, I'm starting to get a little tired of this...

Timidgal

EDIT: BTW, not sure why I put this in the UFO and Aliens forum. I just really tired so mods, if you want to move this elsewhere, feel free to do so.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
so.. have you heard this sound before then ?

I'm starting to get a little tired of this...

If so, is it the loud humming sounds that's been reported this year ? which I don't think it has ever been debunk, also..just remembered that there are very loud noises coming from space which I saw last night post on ATS as well and NASA, doesn't know what it is..

Not sure if what your hearing is what is being heard by others as well..

make sure you keep a time-stamp on this even.. thx Timidgal (the paragraphs were inserted by me for easier reading of the OP *grin*)

Originally posted by timidgal
We can add this to the multitude of other threads on the same exact subject, but as I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep about an hour ago, that same strange sound started in the sky loud enough for me to hear it with my window shut. I looked up and saw the moon low in the sky for that late at night (around 3:30 AM).

There was a low hazy orangish fog over the river but the sky was clear with the exception of a few scattered clouds because I saw the moon clearly and various twinkling lights in the vicinity (which I'm assuming were stars even though they were "twinkling" more than usual).

I've also heard some intermittent aircraft and a boat or two has sounded its horn; all unusual for this late at night (or early in the morning). My cell phone can't pick up the sound (tried) but it sounds somewhat engine-like and seems to wax and wane. If anyone else is up and lives by the Hudson River over by Westchester, take a look and listen to see if you hear anything (no pun intended). Quite honestly, I'm starting to get a little tired of this...

Timidgal

Believe me, Komodo, I'm long passed getting ticked off over someone restructuring one of my threads. I'm was just too damn tired to think beyond getting the words typed on the page so I appreciate your efforts.

The answer to your question about hearing this before is yes and no. I've heard "the hum" before but this was different. The hum always seems to be some type of defused sound that you can't really locate whereas what I heard tonight was definitely overhead. I wasn't on the boards last night and didn't see the threads you referred to by perhaps that is the sound I was hearing. I'll have to look those up when I'm more awake.

Anyway, it's now 4:54 AM and all is finally quiet. Thanks for the response and I'll keep posting whenever I hear something bizarre.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
My sister and i just got inside from listening to it. Very loud! I'm in Hamilton, Ontario and it's coming from the South.

She was hearing it for an hour, I thought it was her computer. But she said, no, it was the sound, so we went outside. If our videos work out we'll let you guys know, but I couldn't find my digital recorder of course, and the good camera had dead batteries, of course. So I used my cell which is sloppy. Very cool and eerie sound! I guess it's not viral marketing....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

LOL - what a mental imagine you've now left in my head -
- but I'm glad someone else at least heard something that was different from the norm What you described was how it sounded when it was waning (like something hovering).

Anyway, hope you're tucked in bed all warm and cozy now. Sorry to make you run out in the nippy night air but much appreciative that you took the time to check. Pleasant dreams!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm interested in this report of a shaking some say they felt in the NYC area today as well as the shaking accompanying the noises reported in some other locations. How many other of these are also accompanied by these tremors or were NYC and Kentucky isolated incidents? Odd passing smells that come from everywhere but nowhere...Noises described the same way...tremors or low level shaking accompanying at least some?

There is quite a lot happening around us that would qualify as 'out of the ordinary'. If other world capitals start getting people reporting these noises, I'll really sit up and take notice like never before. That running bad feeling isn't improving as time goes on.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MetalCoffeeL

How weird is all of this???? The more threads and posts I read about this sound, the more annoyed I'm becoming over it. At first it freaked me out but now I'm like "c'mon already - what the hell are you?".

Anyway, I have the same problems with my recording capabilities and knowing me, I'll run out tomorrow and spend money on some type of digital recorder so I can be prepared next time. The cell phone just doesn't work and would only pick up the crickets sitting right outside my window so I can relate.

Thanks for replying and stay warm and safe!

:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSep

reply to post by DemonicUFO

Believe me guys, if I had it the capability to record it, I would post it. The only recording device I have as of this minute is my cell phone (which is pitiful) and the mic on my camera (which isn't even a real video camera) wouldn't be any more affective. I'll have a recording device ready for next time because I'm sure it will happen again (between this sound and "the hum", there have been four or five times I could have used it).

As for pix/recording or it didn't happen, I'll tell that to my sleep cycle who is almost as pissed off about being disturbed at 3:30 in the morning as I am. I understand your skeptism, but believe me, I didn't ask for this and certaintly wouldn't take the time to post about it if it weren't true.

Unit next time...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xresistx

Seems like everything has quieted down for now, xresistx. Thanks for the response and I'll be back if I hear anything else...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I saw the same, but did not hear what you heard. I'm quoting below from my thread:

I was taking a break from a reading assignment by spending some time watching the sky from my roof, when after maybe half an hour to forty-five minutes, my eyes caught sight of three fast moving objects. The one that got my attention was a solid white light, followed at a varying distance by two red lights.

The red lights did almost a full 360 degree circle around me, disappearing into low clouds to my east; the white light maybe doing 180 degrees before going in a linear direction. No sound from any of the objects, no air traffic at the time. I'd say one hour ago this happened (it is 5am Eastern right now).

The original light never came back [I'm assuming], but the pair of lights that were following it did, except one was white now while the other remained red. They seemed to be flying in unison, but it was very difficult for me to discern if they were maintaining constant distance or getting closer at some points. What I could tell without doubt, though, is that the white one got brighter and dimmer at least twice. In my opinion, they were flying fairly low. Not sure how low the clouds are tonite, but I would say they were at the current level of cloud height.

Either way, if they were moving that fast and cleared the sky, my first assumption was possibly fighter jets, but there was absolutely no roar associated with the engine of those type of craft. If anyone has ever had one near them, they know the distinct, audible roar I'm talking about.

Did anyone else see this? I didn't have any sort of camera on me. Like I said, I went to take a break. I've been seeing unidentified craft for close to ten years now; these certainly fit the bill. Merely reporting what I saw by making this thread, in hopes of someone else being awake and seeing the same sight.

I live near the edge of Bushwick in Brooklyn, so as to give a rough location of where I am.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I would say that i tend to believe you guys.

The other poster that said he saw something, and upload even a video of what he saw, i would say was trolling, or if we want to put on our conspiracy hats, i would say deliberately trying to derail the sighting that might have occured in NYC.

Might even say spreading disinfo, by way of hoaxing a real sighting........... hrm....

vvv

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Here in The Netherlands I also sometimes hear 'out of place' sounds. Yesterday I experianced a very high pitch sound and in a few seconds it got so high that I couldn't hear it anymore. It felt as if the air pressure changed ....you probably know how it feels in your ears when you are sitting in a plane and it change altitude....that kind of feel.

Man...I am very curious about what these strange noises all over the world are...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Thanks for your trust in this. It is very difficult to discern who is genuine or not, but I am glad that person was proven to be using footage that wasn't his/hers.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not sure, Wrabbit. I know that I felt vibrations around 11:30am or 12:00pm but I didn't have my window open so I don't know about the sound at that time. When I heard the sound early this morning (3:30am), I don't remember feeling any vibrations. With that said, my cats were acting extremely hyper tonight and were lying right next to me passed out and snoring so it's possible I didn't feel a vibration because of their movements...

Hopefully someone else will chime in or you can start a separate thread and ask who has experienced this phenomena.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by elg3cko

I think I might have replied on your thread after you posted this. I tried to get a recording of the sound on my Blackberry using voice notes and now can't find a program to play them through my laptop. I'll try to find a download tomorrow that will convert REM files but there's no guarantee that it will be a good recording (I had to put it right to my ear to hear the sound). Also, I'm wondering if some of the "twinkles" I referred to weren't akin to the lights you saw. I thought they were dimming and brightening more than a typical star and there was definitely more than one of them but I don't know if I can say there were three.

One last note for those of us still awake. The entire area here has now become socked in with clouds. I still hear the noise outside but when I opened my window again, there's now a really weird odor. Has anyone else experienced this?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Couldn't have said it better myself, vvv!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join